The World News Media

Disfellowshipping use to be 6 months- now it’s 1 year

Jack Ryan

On 7/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

He actually never published that ... after his death, those conjectures were found in his notes.  He also thought that Armageddon may be as early as 2032.

What I like about Newton is that as opposed to Russell, Rutherford, Franz, the 1990 leadership and the 21 century leadership is that he "predicted" the "end" to be NOT in his lifetime. All the others did. Interesting.

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had the impression that this was Newton's whole point. It was not that he was serious about actually predicting a date for the end of the world. I think it was to show contemporaries that the same "

In previous decades, when someone was disfellowshipped, they were told their time would be 6 months. Now it’s a full year? Why did that change from 6 mo to a year? and are they getting more

Anna: I have not been getting any private messages. If anyone wants to email me: James.Rook@Technik-SA.US. I am not concerned about any vulnerability to letting out my email address ...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Anna said:

What I like about Newton is that as opposed to Russell, Rutherford, Franz, the 1990 leadership and the 21 century leadership is that he "predicted" the "end" to be NOT in his lifetime. All the others did. Interesting.

I had the impression that this was Newton's whole point. It was not that he was serious about actually predicting a date for the end of the world. I think it was to show contemporaries that the same "data" that "prophecy hounds" always made use of in order to prove something will happen within their own generation, could just as easily be used to point to something hundreds of years in the future.

The thing about Sir Isaac Newton, is that he never cared about sharing his brilliance ... he was goaded into it by friends who were totally stunned by the things he was perceiving ... but when sharing them with "the public", he was careful that every jot and tittle mentioned would be accurate, and checkable ... and RIGHT!.

He invented the reflecting mirror telescope to eliminate refractive telescopes' spectral aberration ( colors focusing at different focal lengths) ... and it just sat on a table in his room until he casually mentioned it when discussing light with someone.

I suspect he did not publish  his conclusions that Armageddon might probably occur in 2060, or as early as 2032, because it didn't matter that much to him ... he would be safely dead, and he cared little about sharing his theology, although he did write over a million words about that ... now archived at the Hebrew National Museum, in Jerusalem ...... AFTER his death.

It has been my observation that the smarter a person is ... the less they care about invisible things that may or may not have occurred in the past, for which there is no real evidence whatsoever, or may occur in the future, for which there is no real evidence whatsoever.

If you want to really feel stupid ... try to figure out how Penguins got from Antarctica, to the middle east to Noah's Ark.

If you figure it out, PLEASE, let me know !

BTK46:

I am not going to bother correcting your perspectives on Sir Isaac Newton with someone like yourself with zero credibility, unless you provide checkable references for your specific  assertions. 

You can legitimately, and very reasonably be summarily disregarded.

Try again when you have checkable references.

Here is a very reasonable question.

Why haven't you joined the "JW Closed Club" here on this forum?

If you are a JW in "good standing" it would make sense that you would want to affiliate yourself with the "Closed Club", to get away from all the nasty, irreparable, vile, diseased minded people here, and go to the mirror club, where the air is fresh and clean.

Perhaps you prefer wallowing in the mire of this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I would like to extend an invitation for you to join the JW Closed Club, and hereby do so.

Don't ferget da question  now, ya heah.

2 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Thanks for making my point in this open forum, about the closed one.

Recognizing satire is not one of your strong points, is it Billy?

... and,  you're welcome !

at first glance what you posted looked like Newton's handwriting, but he must have been sick or something. At any rate, here is a transcript, and anyone can attach whatever importance to it they see fit, or none at all.

But it to me is like Spock telling Captain Kirk that he will have to make a guess, the Captain swallows hard and commits to action, under the theory that it's a very GOOD "guess". And since everyone else, without exception, has been wrong ( and we are still here ...) it's worth considering.

Newton-Letter.jpg.23ed5d8fe3e9f3007984111cff760ba4.jpg

Prop. 1. The 2300 prophetick days did not commence before the rise of the little horn of the He Goat.

2 Those day did not commence ater the destruction of Jerusalem & ye Temple by the Romans A. 70.

3 The time times & half a time did not commence before the year 800 in wch the Popes supremacy commenced

4 They did not commence after the rene of Gregory the 7th. 1084

5 The 1290 days did not commence bfore the year 842.

6 They did not commence after the reigne of Pope Greg. 7th. 1084

7 The diffence  between the 1290 & 1335 days are a parts of the seven weeks.

Therefore the 2300 years do not end before ye year 2132 nor after 2370.

The time times & half time do n[o]t end before 2060 nor after

The 1290 days do not begin [this should read: end] before 2090 nor after 1374 

( My guess that is a typo, and might be 2374 – jtr )

MANY WORDS ARE NOT REALITY.jpg

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Those day did not commence ater the destruction of Jerusalem & ye Temple by the Romans A. 70.

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Therefore the 2300 years do not end before ye year 2132 nor after 2370.

Just thought to point out that when most people see a sign on a building like "Ye Olde Tavern" or "Ye Olde Apple Store" they think of it as meaning "Your Old Tavern," etc. But the "Y" in this case is clearly a single letter representing the "TH" sound (like the Greek letter "Theta").

So, in the above, "ye Temple" means "the Temple" and "ye year" simply means "the year."

"Never at Rest" by Richard Westfall is a biography of Newton that covers his "Observations upon the Prophecies" and contains the idea expressed earlier that he was clearly not asserting these dates, but just trying to put a stop to the rash conjectures. The scrap is evidently from a time later in his life, and the FOUR big mistakes in the last 12 words showed how much he cared, in my opinion. I think he was falling asleep around the last two lines.

image.png

image.png

image.png

One thing that Newton said that might be worth considering is his view on parts of Revelation, which rings true.

image.png

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.