The World News Media

What do you think of when you hear kh's closing and being sold off?

Shiwiii

I'm just curious about what people think when they hear that more kh's have been sold and folks sent to other kh's that had less people in it. This has come about with the recent announcement in Montreal of the dissolving of 16 cong's and closures of 3 kh's by April of this year. I think it is very interesting, mostly because this is the new trend. Selling of kh's as well as property in Brooklyn.

What gets me thinking is the recent changes from the past few years. At one time the local people owned the kh's, took loans out and paid for everything mostly with local funds and labor. Then we had the provision that the wt would assume the loans and local cong's would just pay wt. This was an open-ended situation with no payoff date. Local cong's would just keep paying what they were prior and all would be good. Now, I am sure that there are plenty of situations that warrant wt's help in paying for the kh's, but all in all it looked like a nice steady income for wt. Now I am seeing the merge of cong's and kh's being sold. Who gets this money? oh well, we all know who......wt. Not the local cong who built it. To me this is interesting and something that I think will wake up a lot of folks as they look into it, but I'd like to hear some thoughts from the other side of the coin. 

Anyone care to answer? 

• Views 454
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did.    I have read not all of it but enough of it to formulate my opinion and make a good comment in good conscience.   Tom, you have written with a passion and a poise from you

It’s because of our great growth. Duh!

Never again will I play with the ‘i’s of Shiwiii and am a little ashamed of having done so at all. Thank you.  

Posted Images

Oh dear poor olde Tom is having a bad day. 

Congregations are getting smaller. Older people are dying. Younger people are leaving. Sensible people are leaving too. Then some are getting disfellowshipped.  

Because of the warnings now being given Earthwide about the Child Abuse / Pedophile issues, less people are visiting KH's and less people are joining the JW Org. 

The GB / JW Org act like politicians, fiddling figures to pretend there is an increase, but sensible folk know the truth, numbers are dwindling. 

Hence they are baptising 5 year olds and allowing 3 year olds to put in report slips for ministry service. 

But with all of that it's just showing an increase of children not adults. 

I do know that here in UK they are selling Kingdom Halls too.  My ex congregation used to have it's own meeting place in Sidmouth, and Honiton congregation was completely separate. Now it's two in one, and you would think that would have doubled the numbers, but no, the KH has less now than when they first joined together. 120 congregants for two congregations in one, isn't a lot. 

In Reading Berkshire they sold a KH last year and that has now meant three congregations using one hall. Some people have to travel a long way across town, probably getting two busses each way. Many are old folks that find it difficult to travel. 

I'm interested in this :-  dissolving of 16 cong's..  How and where are they going ? How big were the congregations ? 

Hey, @Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiii:

THIS is where my little joke better fits:

Did you hear the one about the ‘prosperity gospel’ preacher who tried to lure them in with Beatles tunes and got stuck on the first line?

“You never give me your money.

You never give me your mohuhuny.

You never give me your muhuhuhuhuhoneeee.”

Let’s draw in a few more dense people and then see whether we can knock it out of the park.

15 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Hey, @Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiii:

THIS is where my little joke better fits:

Did you hear the one about the ‘prosperity gospel’ preacher who tried to lure them in with Beatles tunes and got stuck on the first line?

“You never give me your money.

You never give me your mohuhuny.

You never give me your muhuhuhuhuhoneeee.”

Let’s draw in a few more dense people and then see whether we can knock it out of the park.

You know what is kinda funny Tom? 

Is that your sarcastic comments have underlying truth to it that you don't even know. It's almost like you do know, but can't say it frankly, so you have to resort to the sarcasm. 

3 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Is that your sarcastic comments have underlying truth to it that you don't even know. It's almost like you do know, but can't say it frankly, so you have to resort to the sarcasm. 

It is well past time to kick back at certain dogs that are barking, even if I don’t get very far. You’ll be happy to know that your ‘contributions’ make up a substantial of the chapter ‘Money’ of Dear Mr. Putin -Jehovah’s Witnesses Write Russia.

Don’t misunderstand. Ones who hated Witnesses before will still hate them. But most people recognize mean-spirited pettiness when they see it, harping upon what is essentially nothing for the sake of tearing down something noble. These are the ones I have endeavored to reach, as explained in the Introduction.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/815620

The Witness organization does a lot of things. It takes money. Duh.

They are not afraid to say that. They don’t say it every single meeting, which is the pattern in the world of churches. You could easily miss it if you weren’t paying attention.

4C8A02E4-A66A-4206-954A-D629972D7BC4.jpeg

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is well past time to kick back at certain dogs that are barking, even if I don’t get very far. You’ll be happy to know that your ‘contributions’ make up a substantial of the chapter ‘Money’ of Dear Mr. Putin -Jehovah’s Witnesses Write Russia.

Don’t misunderstand. Ones who hated Witnesses before will still hate them. But most people recognize mean-spirited pettiness when they see it, harping upon what is essentially nothing for the sake of tearing down something noble. These are the ones I have endeavored to reach, as explained in the Introduction.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/815620

The Witness organization does a lot of things. It takes money. Duh.

They are not afraid to say that. They don’t say it every single meeting, which is the pattern in the world of churches. You could easily miss it if you weren’t paying attention.

4C8A02E4-A66A-4206-954A-D629972D7BC4.jpeg

Tom, 

I read your introduction to you book. I'll reply tomorrow on it. I want to make a good statement,  and have to think about it.  Perhaps you can send me a digital copy and I'll read it and respond accordingly.  Until then, I'll reply tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

Tom, 

I read your introduction to you book. I'll reply tomorrow on it. I want to make a good statement,  and have to think about it.  Perhaps you can send me a digital copy and I'll read it and respond accordingly.  Until then, I'll reply tomorrow.  

The download is free.in EPUB or PDF.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:05 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

The download is free.in EPUB or PDF.

I did. 

I have read not all of it but enough of it to formulate my opinion and make a good comment in good conscience.

Tom, you have written with a passion and a poise from your true belief and heart. I cannot deny that fact. I commend you for the amount of what you put into words and can honestly say that it truly takes a writer to write as much as you have in this, and the other books you have written. You have given the reader a solid grasp of the topic you represent and that is something I struggle to see here in this forum at times. While I understand that everyone writes for different reasons, some want to provide facts while others want to present missed information and many more reasons. The only thing I can say about your book that is relevant to this topic on this forum, is that it is a  opinion piece. There is nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is. I appreciate the fact that you let me read it, it gives me more understanding of who you are and where your thoughts reside. Thank you Tom. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.