• Views 684
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone dumb enough to deliberately put smoke and ashes from a fire in their lungs is the type of person who one might expect to carry an open  container of red paint and a paint brush on a public bus, and be able to write upside down and in reverse, while hanging out a bus window in traffic.

Something is SERIOUSLY mis-wired in their brains!

DzfYv4GWsAEMB5H.jpg

17 minutes ago, Guest salem said:

No filter, no flavor, just cotton-pickin paper.

Funny how the words of old commercials were repeated so many times in front of us who are now 60-plus. I can rattle off the slogans from about 10 different cigarette commercials (and ten old beer commercials) even though I never smoked and never drank. There was no restriction on TV or radio or magazines to plaster the commercials constantly.

I take it that your name "salem" is just coincidental to your interest in Winston. Or perhaps you are from Winston-Salem, NC.

Also, this particular little take-off on "Winston Tastes Good" strikes me as a match to a very old 'parody' of their slogan. It makes fun, not of cigarettes and cigarette smoking in general, but specifically of the Winston brand, as if Salems, or Marlboros taste better, and that's the reason to make fun of the bad taste of Winston. (Of course, the term "cotton pickin" is a bit dated, too, as most people now recognize the racist elements in the term.)

image.png