The World News Media

Who ultimately destroys or “kills” Satan? Jesus Christ or Jehovah?

The Librarian

• Views 542
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Librarian said:

Reposted from an earlier post in my old website

What is this old website? Is it still around?

Also, the Reproach Falls on the Abuser post is in the open JW club, but I would also like it in the closed one, because there are probably many in the closed one who would not venture in the open one. Is there a way to do both?

(Revelation 20:1-15) And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. 3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while. 4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 

Jesus has the symbolic key to the abyss. It follows that he is in charge of the symbolic abyss and has power over it and anyone placed there, and will return to finally destroy Satan when all other enemies have been destroyed. Jesus and the 144 000 will put all of God's enemies (including Satan) under their feet (in destruction). This power has been delegated to Jesus by Jehovah.

(Matthew 28:18) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

(Romans 16:20) For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with you. (With reference to the 144,000, who will join Jesus in the destruction of the wicked world and later,  Satan)

(Revelation 17:14) These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.”   (With reference to 144,000 who will join Jesus)

1 Cor 15:24  Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.

(Psalm 110:1, 2) Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”  2 Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”
(Ephesians 2:1, 2) 2 Furthermore, God made you alive, though you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(John 12:31) 31 Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

(1 Corinthians 6:1-3) 6 Does any one of you who has a dispute with another dare to go to court before unrighteous men, and not before the holy ones? 2 Or do you not know that the holy ones will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you not competent to try very trivial matters? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? . . .(see Romans 16:20 - Wicked angels: Satan and his demons)

Jehovah nevertheless is the authority behind anything and everything that Jesus does. Jehovah tells Jesus to go subduing in the midst of his enemies. The 144,000 will join him in this destructive work. (See Rev 17:14 above) 

(Illustration:  Anything an employee does officially while employed can be attributed to his employer.) 

(John 8:28) Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus does all this work for Jehovah while serving as Jehovah's executive king. So if you wish to say Jehovah will destroy Satan you will still be correct. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.