The World News Media

Persecutors Pile on Jehovah’s Witnesses, in Russia and Worldwide

Guest Indiana

16 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Question is, what inspired, motivated Russian government to put JW on list. 

There are three factors at work that come together to make ‘the perfect storm.’

1) Misperceptions due to 100years East-West hostility and the fact that Witness HQ is in the West

2) A dominant house church guarding its turf, where 90+ % identify, though few are devout (or even believers)

3) A fanatical group of irreligious ‘anti-cultists’ who exaggerate or manufacture negatives of the faith while (being atheistic) negating the positives.

#3 is at work everywhere, ever ready to strike the match. In Russia it finds perfect kindling, but it holds out the match everywhere.

I wrote of it here:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2019/01/the-anti-cultists-are-directly-responsible.html

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Would WTJWorg take stand for rights of these [LGBT] community too? 

They do take a stand. They have categorically renounced violence for any reason throughout their existence. 

What is wrong with you? How can you not know this? 

In my opinion, someone who has been a Witness should not ask a question as stupid as the day is long. It is a perfectly fine question for a non-Witness to ask. But not someone who knows better.

• Views 3k
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Each of us, no matter who we are, only have a limited number of mental, emotional, physical, and financial resources.  And only so many hours of our lives, which as time goes on, becomes painfully sho

Sigh...how can people be so ridiculous? NOBODY floods the field with letters for every cause under the sun. EVERYONE does it for the cause they hold most dear.

@Srecko Sostar Ramzan Kadyrov has nothing to do with the ban of JWs. He is part of the Kremlin however his dealings with homosexuals is focused on Chechnya. That being said, there is a complete t

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

They do take a stand. They have categorically renounced violence

Sorry, but i can not resist to make little fun on this, with question: Do they (JW) sending Letters to some government, political group or major of town where people and structures not protecting LGBT community enough  or not protecting at all? 

What is wrong with you?

In my opinion, someone who has been a Witness should not ask a question as stupid as the day is long.

Mine stupidity is great :))))) because, as i know, JW members, congregations or WT-HQ, Betel's,  NOT sending Letters pro, in behalf of non -JW people who suffer under some system.

Answer why,is in WTJWorg publications. 

But Letters to Politicians about JW in Russia is ok to send.

It is not about my wrongs, but ....:))))

Here is an opinion that doesn’t agree with yours, @Srecko Sostar:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/russias-persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-is-reviving-dark-practices-of-the-past/2019/03/02/f098ff00-36e1-11e9-854a-7a14d7fec96a_story.html

There is the obligatory jab at POTUS & VP, disliked politically. But the opinion is spot on. And yes, it WOULD be fine if they weighed in, even with many many wrongs to choose from. 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Mine stupidity is great :))))) because, as i know, JW members, congregations or WT-HQ, Betel's,  NOT sending Letters pro, in behalf of non -JW people who suffer under some system.

Sigh...how can people be so ridiculous? NOBODY floods the field with letters for every cause under the sun. EVERYONE does it for the cause they hold most dear.

6 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Here is an opinion that doesn’t agree with yours, @Srecko Sostar:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/russias-persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-is-reviving-dark-practices-of-the-past/2019/03/02/f098ff00-36e1-11e9-854a-7a14d7fec96a_story.html

There is the obligatory jab at POTUS & VP, disliked politically. But the opinion is spot on. And yes, it WOULD be fine if they weighed in, even with many many wrongs to choose from. 

I am not sure is it "torture", of any kind, in police/military investigations, legal or illegal by the Law of particular country. Believe it is not. But, if police went over, above permitted methods in investigations of those JW people, than they must be  called for accountability about violence, for sure !!   

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

NOBODY floods the field with letters for every cause under the sun. EVERYONE does it for the cause they hold most dear.

This quote you provide can be more clearly put in this one substitute sentence, and thus reveals  YOUR (or JW view in general ?) secret wishes of heart and state of mind:

JW members are less concerned about suffer of people who are not JW. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Each of us, no matter who we are, only have a limited number of mental, emotional, physical, and financial resources.  And only so many hours of our lives, which as time goes on, becomes painfully shorter, and filled with concerns of the day.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

OF COURSE THIS IS THE CASE !

Sreko Sostar,  I feel a certain affinity for you because we have seen and experienced many similar things, and have certain common awarenesses ... but will allocate what total resources I have to "Blood or Brotherhood" .... FIRST.

The quickest way to go totally insane is to grieve over things you cannot change ... and as Clint Eastwood, in the Harry Callahan series of movies once said, (paraphrased) ....

" .. A man has got to know his own limitations."

48 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Each of us, no matter who we are, only have a limited number of mental, emotional, physical, and financial resources.  And only so many hours of our lives, which as time goes on, becomes painfully shorter, and filled with concerns of the day.

OF COURSE THIS IS THE CASE !

Sreko Sostar,  I feel a certain affinity for you because we have seen and experienced many similar things, and have certain common awarenesses ... but will allocate what total resources I have to "Blood or Brotherhood" .... FIRST.

The quickest way to go totally insane is to grieve over things you cannot change ... and as Clint Eastwood, in the Harry Callahan series of movies once said, (paraphrased) ....

" .. A man has got to know his own limitations."

Thanks James, same feelings from my side too.

Words, birds of a feather flock together, well says how things are. In ornithology aspects, human have loves for all or almost for all birds. But in aspects of "human birds", human "bird" making choice/choices about other sort of human birds. In common, general aspects that usually ending in prejudice, rejecting, "flocking" in separate societies, groups and similar. Such things around us are "normal". We all were borne in this "normal" life conditions and accepting these ideas as ours too. People of Earth "dreaming" one global, the same "dream". No, matter of the "flock" they temporary belongs, they have common "dream" as heritage from past generations. And in global terms, they all, almost all, are so deep in this dream, but so effective in so called awaken state, that they think they are awake. Dream so deep that make you thinking, feeling you are awake :)))

In that sense, thoughts i am talking about, how your suffer, your tears, your pain, your happiness, your doubts and many other things, it should mean something to me too.

"The sign", no matter of what origin, that others put on our forehead, or we have chosen it by ourselves, is an obstacle, not a blessing.

@Srecko Sostar Ramzan Kadyrov has nothing to do with the ban of JWs. He is part of the Kremlin however his dealings with homosexuals is focused on Chechnya.

That being said, there is a complete timeline of the events and thanks to sources and those who brought down the jesuismadian website, it is evident of what actually took place for the public eye to see.

Lastly, most letters from the faith in question, as is all proclaimed message from anti-corruption folks, Russian folks who lost their homes was pushed to Mevedev, rather than Putin, I would speak of the State Duma, but that is a whole other beast on its own. Evidently, protest erupted in Russia during this, and ironically enough all of this unfolded after Cyrill got his spiritual energy from the south, and the Kremlin was paving the path for Putin to win an election.

If you do not know who this is, it is this guy below:

Ramzan Kadyrov

Related image

The middle guy with the and assault rifle and the radio in hand

Image result for chechnya russia leader

On 3/3/2019 at 9:55 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Well...probably...who isn’t? What! Are you going to tell me that you are as concerned about MY suffering as you would be that of a family member?

And just because I acknowledge you will be MOST concerned with the suffering of family, that does not mean that you are UNCONCERNED with the suffering of everyone else. Why would you try to spin it that way with Jehovah’s Witnesses?

It is no more than Galatians 6:10

Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.”

What’s wrong with that?

10 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well...probably...who isn’t? What! Are you going to tell me that you are as concerned about MY suffering as you would be that of a family member?

Dear Tom, you over reacted, i expected more balanced understanding of my quote, from you after all at the end. But on other hand you revealed i am on good track with my observations on subject.

15 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And just because I acknowledge you will be MOST concerned with the suffering of family, that does not mean that you are UNCONCERNED with the suffering of everyone else. Why would you try to spin it that way with Jehovah’s Witnesses?

I understand your worry, but you find my question stupid before, when i asked; Why JW not sending Letters for non-JW  people,  or would JW sending Letters not only on behalf other JW, but on behalf of other who not belong to JW community.

Well now; Presentation of Galatians 6:10 as argument on standpoint you like to highlight with tendency to justify JW passivity about other social, religious, etc. groups falls down with more important moral lesson, given not by Paul, but by Jesus himself. Please, let me remind all of us here, on:  

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

30 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.”

What’s wrong with that?

Jesus answered on your question what is wrong with that.

You don't need stupid boy like me to answer on your questions :)))     

16 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Dear Tom, you over reacted, i expected more balanced understanding of my quote,

I didn’t overreact even a little bit. The person making accusations always pleads for more “balance” when his accusations are rejected.

There is nothing wrong with writing Russia with regard to the primary cause and not writing Russia with regard to every other cause.