The World News Media

"STANDING WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG"

Witness

30 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

shape for the shadow of the invisible portion of the flag.

I think the invisible portion of the flag is still hanging down, and if it was flapping in the wind as suggested in the shadow, then the pole should be on the right side of it, not on the left of it.....

• Views 11.9k
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your entire response here and in one or two earlier posts in this thread appear to be exactly what I would expect to hear from an anointed person. I believe you speak out in the hope that readers will

Job 14:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. .......perhaps only God can do this? Question is, would He using for such task; some of JW, some of Wak

Who told you this? But one thing doesn't seem believable, and that is actually replacing a jw.org flag. I cannot imagine there was a jw.org flag in the window. In fact why would the Chilean brothers h

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Anna said:

I think the invisible portion of the flag is still hanging down, and if it was flapping in the wind as suggested in the shadow, then the pole should be on the right side of it, not on the left of it.....

The shadow will be bigger than the flag if it is spread across an oblique wall with the Sun at the shown apparent angle, say somewhere around 45 degrees above the horizontal, and 35 degrees to the left.  ThIs is called the "cosine effect", which I am well familiar with, as for decades I had a photographic darkroom, and worked with this with my very own developer chemical stained fingers, and light meters.

The light from the Sun is radial, from the Sun, but after traveling 93,000,000 miles across Space, it is for all practical purposes of this discussion, parallel rays, and easy to predict.

It's called "ray tracing".

BillyTheKid46 may (may) be a good agenda driven Watchtower Lawyer ... but agenda driven thinking is ALWAYS delusional.

The problem is....

... IT'S HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS !

Write me a super-BIG check, and when it clears the bank, I will send anyone a 30 page report.

10 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

. but agenda driven thinking is ALWAYS delusional.

The problem is....

... IT'S HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS !

I haven't been reading his comments, lol

The sun doesn't seem THAT low on the horizon to me....judging by the shadow cast by the overhanging roof...

however, if it is as low as you say then you may be right:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anna said:
1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

shape for the shadow of the invisible portion of the flag.

You are right when you say we need more angles of the shot. Optically the flag looks like it's facing left away from the pole, but now I can see (judging by the shadow xD) that it's actually wrapped around the pole with the white portion extending away to the right of the pole! And as JTR pointed out, if the sun is in that low position as he says, then yes, that will create long shadows. And as my diagram above shows, those two corners of the flag,  are exactly parallel to the same corners of the shadow. And without including a third line from the top of the flag pole to the top of the shadow I can already see it would be parallel to the other lines.

Just as in a total LUNAR eclipse, you can see part of the Moon by light that seeps around the Earth through the atmosphere layer, albeit very dimly, the light DOES tend to fill in the shadow, so you are not looking up and cannot see the Moon.

In similar manner, the metal rod on the top of the flag pole is THIN enough and has such specular reflectivity that light has seeped behind it, and filled in the shadow a great deal ... ON THE NUBBIN.

Redraw the parallel red lines from the top of the blue CLOTH, to the top of the shadow OF the CLOTH

I suspect the FOLD in the flag, is pointed DIRECTLY toward the camera.

In a darkened room about 20 feet long you could duplicate this with a flashlight with a focused parallel light beam, by holding your hand perpendicular to the wall, and having someone 20 feet away  demonstrate the effects by moving the light up and down, and from side to side.

And the angle examples I gave were only to illustrate the idea .... grabbed out of the air based on a rough guess.

dt190315.gif

2 hours ago, Anna said:

And here's another one with the other shadows. That flag pole definitely seems off...

What you have here is very similar to what I was about to show, but of course, I picked slightly different reference points on the flag for reasons that I thought were reasonable, but don't think would be worth the trouble to explain. The pole and flag still seem nearly perfect to me (using the points I chose). Doesn't mean much, since we should be looking for a preponderance of evidence as JTR calls it, not just a couple items here and there. But I admit that I had not seen all the supposed evidence when I questioned HQ. I presented it as if it was just a couple possible examples both in 2016 and earlier this year.

That reminds me, that on the additional view of another Hall at 2789 Mexico Ave, shown above with an EMPTY flagpole, I find it interesting that Google Street View took the picture just a few months before it became marked as a Kingdom Hall. Note that there was no flagpole in the June 2014 photo from Google, but there is one per an ex-JW (I presume) who took a picture in September 2014. This would mean that either the picture was altered, or the brothers at the Hall had installed the flagpole as a part of opening up the KH. I see no evidence that the photo was altered, especially as it was just one of several pictures of various degrees of quality.  But this would have been an easy one to alter, if someone wanted to. But then, why create a slightly off kilter flagpole. BTW, Chile has their own street mapping application, and they have recently added street view, but not with this address completed. http://mapas.emol.com/?busxr=Salon Del Reino México 2789

image.png

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Redraw the parallel red lines from the top of the blue CLOTH, to the top of the shadow OF the CLOTH

That line is parallel too. Although a bit difficult to see because of the fence post

image.jpeg

I suspect the FOLD in the flag, is pointed DIRECTLY toward the camera.

Yes, it must be, and that's what threw me initially.

In similar manner, the metal rod on the top of the flag pole is THIN enough and has such specular reflectivity that light has seeped behind it, and filled in the shadow a great deal ... ON THE NUBBIN.

I know what you mean. But it's very way out....In any case, we know there is definitely evidence of a flag pole there as per Google. I think there is a phone number for the hall on jw.org. as well. Anybody know Spanish? Oh...they speak English, it's the English congregation:

Meeting times: Thursday 7:30, Sunday 11am, Chile time (GTM-3)

Tel from the USA: 001 56 32-2978789

Any volunteers? @JW Insider ? xD

21 hours ago, Anna said:

Nobody said God needs money, where did you get that idea?

The GB. God appreciates gifts of money.   “A Gift in Hand for Jehovah”  Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook—2018 

“Jehovah’s organization” is apparently owned by “Jehovah”.  To support his cause, it takes money.  He needs your money to make it successful.

Voluntary giving has always been customary among Jehovah’s modern-day servants. At times, however, some have not taken full advantage of their privilege of supporting God’s cause by making donations.  W 92/1/15 p. 19

Love for God and neighbor and the urgency of the Kingdom-preaching work move God’s people “to come forward . . . with a gift in hand for Jehovahby making voluntary donations.  Wt 16/11 p. 20

If you’ll recall, the preaching work by the apostles was driven by Holy Spirit. (Acts 16:6-10) The organization  is driven by money, validating the GB’s admittance that they are not inspired; and if they are not inspired by Holy Spirit, than neither is the organization. Rev 13:15  “God’s cause” is really the desires of men, and “a gift in hand” for the GB.   God can do anything without the need for money.  He can make “the rocks cry out”.  Luke 19:39,40   So why would He have a cause in money-making schemes derived in Satan’s world; labeled a preaching work which tells made up stories about Armageddon, Christ not reigning as king until 1914, “this generation”, the “other sheep”, who is the “faithful slave”, etc….right down to the way you should dress? 2 Pet 2:3

21 hours ago, Anna said:

True, he doesn't, but he has given that privilege to Christ's followers: "For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things. (Romans 10:13-15)

I am not here to make enemies but to reveal truth and expose lies.  If you will, consider reading Romans 10:6-13, and you will see that Romans 10:13-15 refers to calling on the name of Jesus.  The majority of the Jews already professed belief in God, but not in Christ.   It is Jesus and having faith in him, that Paul is speaking of.   

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,”and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  Rom 10:9

Christ’s true followers recognize this, but JWs have been deceived.   Just this one sample of a scriptural change by the Watchtower, helps bolster its ideals that “Jehovah’s organization” is the road to salvation. This leaves Christ who through the power of God is our only salvation, powerless, as Satan would prefer it.  Dan 8:25 Compare verse 9 and verse 13 together.

Jesus Christ as the chief cornerstone of his Temple built on his body,  has been rejected for an organization.  It matters not that his name is mentioned. John 5:38-40; 2 Cor 11:4

Have you ever wondered how all the early faithful believers of Christ and the Father were able to obtain salvation without the Watchtower?

21 hours ago, Anna said:

He has given the privilege of preaching to the other sheep too. There are more of the other sheep than of the anointed now. Were the other sheep supposed to let the anointed do all the work and sit back and do nothing?

Yes, we all can spread TRUTH; but, dear Anna, I don’t think you have noticed that I have mentioned a few times that the other sheep were the anointed physical Gentiles added to the “little flock” (Matt 15:24)  of fleshly Jews to make a new Nation of “Israel”. Acts 13:46; 10:45,47; Rom 1:16; 2:9,10,28,29; John 10:16,27; Isa 56:8; Ezek 34:23; Rev 7:17  The primary preaching is an assignment given to the anointed ones. Mal 2:7; 1 Pet 2:5,9  In the time of the end, this service to God has been consumed by those not anointed. The elders have gradually taken charge of what is taught. 2 Thess 2:1-4  The message of Christ has been changed by the authority of an organization.   Instead of Christ being our sole salvation, an idol that must be served by the hands of men, has become the path of salvation. Isa 2:8   This presents a difficult decision to be made by all JWs. Matt 24:4,5,15-22 The false promise of serving the organization’s needs is offered as leading one to eternal life. 1 Tim 4:3,4; 2 Thess 2:9-12  There is no scripture to verify this.   The Watchtower has changed scripture to suit the desires of men; their voracious appetite to own, build, and obtain power over others, is manipulated by a belief in God as a driving force to win over hearts. Eccl 9:12; Amos 3:5  

We do not live under the old covenant and the early temple arrangement, but the New Covenant which is the spiritual Temple.  There is no more need for the earthly building endeavors by men.  Gal 4:26 There is no more physical temple to maintain.   

“Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen, 45 which our fathers, having received it in turn, also brought with Joshua into the land possessed by the Gentiles, whom God drove out before the face of our fathers until the days of David, 46 who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built Him a house.

48 However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:

49 ‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?’

The Jews were not willing to give up their material temple and accept Christ as the chief cornerstone of God’s dwelling.  Stephen called them “stiff-necked” for resisting the Holy Spirit.  He was stoned to death by the Jews.  Today, God’s anointed ones and companions who realize what Stephen was speaking about, and who reject “Jehovah’s organization”, are symbolically “stoned” – considered spiritually dead. 

If I have turned to Christ and the Father completely, serving as He directs me to serve, am I really spiritually “dead” in His eyes, or only in the eyes of men who want me dead? Matt 5:11;16:25; Rev 11:1-3,7

Think about it, would Christ relinquish his name as our salvation by giving this title over to an earthly polluted entity, (no organization in this world can be pure) spawned and grown in his enemy’s material world, for a mere 100 years?  Acts 4:2; Job 14:4

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is what the Lord has done
and it is wonderful in our eyes?

43 Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruit44 Whoever falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will shatter him.”

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they knew he was speaking about them. 46 Although they were looking for a way to arrest him, they feared the crowds, because the people regarded him as a prophet.  Matt 21:41-46

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.