The World News Media

Just now, Space Merchant said:

So what is with the whole tinfoil-hattery regarding someone buying some wine? Especially around this time of year, stuff like this is no surprise.

It is WDS in its full blown infection mode.

Much ado about completely NOTHING.

All AGENDA driven thinking is devoid of reason and common sense ... this "Bottlegate" is just this month's classic example.

• Views 20k
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not ask Brother Morris, then the issue is resolved. Everything else is just embarrassing! April 19th is our MEMORIAL ceremony ❤ ♥ ☼ ♥ ❤  Thank you....

The rumor about "higher-ups" is not directly related, but it was related to the "gifts" of prime cut steaks that were sent periodically from Watchtower Farms to Brooklyn. These were never served to th

I personally do not trust a Brother who does not drink alcohol. He may be COMPLETELY and absolutely trustworthy, as most are ... but I have found that alcohol makes a person more uninhibited, an

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

@James Thomas Rook Jr. All that because someone allegedly bought wine? Remembrance of our Lord is, literally, around the corner.

At this point you can expect someone to dress up as Jesus buying wine somewhere.

That being said, how else did such ones prep for the Lord's day before if this is something new?

It probably wasn't wine but expensive Scotch.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Four pressed their clothes with bricks so as not to waste electricity on ironing.

amazing method :)) Did their women know and support such inventive idea ? Did four of them ironing clothes in this manner to other people in Bethel too, and to their wife's especially? What were the reactions/responds/ from bro/sis?

Did Bethel elders, Committee introduce this as standard for ironing and reject electric machines? Did they buy bricks of all shapes and of various weights, or consider to buy some concrete bricks?   

This stories come to be LEGENDS? And this is how false come to be true :)))

Thanks for this  stories Tom.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, Anna said:

What an astonishing bit of footage"  Really? The man going out to the liquor store to buy some whiskey? 

I got about a minute into it, maybe a minute and a half, and I noticed three things about it.

1) Lloyd is extremely pleased with himself.

2) In his brief exchange about pants, where he somehow caught Bro Morris on the phone, (just THAT says something - that he takes a call from an unknown “brother” with unspecified concerns, instead of it being handled well down the line by some support staff) the latter comes across as warm, engaging, and not in the slightest bit full of himself (as Lloyd DOES seem) - “No, call the branch,” he laughs, “and I’d better not see you guys wearing them,” he quips, and “You’re kidding me, right?” It was impossible not to warm to the guy.

3) Lloyd’s cooing concern of how difficult it is for an ordinary person, such as he, to speak with a GB member (notwithstanding that he had just done it), as though an 8:000,000 to 1 ratio meant nothing at all. In fact, apparently it is an 8 billion ratio to 1 that he expects anybody to be able to waltz through, since he said at the outset that he is not among the 8 million. 

The guy is too infantile to endure, and I got no further. I mean, this thing runs 17 minutes.

4) (Yeah, I know I said 3, but I thought of another) @Witness ‘s ridiculous assumption that she landed a major blow. “Here’s one for you, TTH,” she says, with no doubt whatsoever that I am going to clear the calendar and patiently analyze it, doubtless running it through several times so that all of her insinuations sink in. @Witness, who I simply asked a couple of questions of, and who thereafter regarded me as her star pupil for a time, and expressed such disappointment when she found that it was not so. I mean, this is a very strange woman. 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I got about a minute into it, maybe a minute and a half, and I noticed three things about it.

... Doya think it might have something to do with your attention span being about a minute and a half?

You have freely admitted not reading MANY things all the way through, not viewing videos all the way through, etc. ... or not viewing something because you thought it might be infected with a virus .... many times.

I think I see a pattern here.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The guy is too infantile to endure, and I got no further. I mean, this thing runs 17 minutes.

YIKES!

Perhaps you can schedule it for some day when you are not washing your socks!

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

TTH: “The guy is too infantile to endure, and I got no further. I mean, this thing runs 17 minutes.”

The point is that that in 17 minutes I can read 20 times as much, without having to endure an unpleasant personality.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Doya think it might have something to do with your attention span being about a minute and a half?

No. I think it has something to do with his being that way.

Taunting me, when I mentioned that I read plenty of non-JW material, he asked: “Which of the three major atheist books do you find the most compelling?”

I replied: “Which of Dickens’ novels do you find the most compelling? Which of the Greek tragedies do you find the most compelling?”

The shallow idiot. And I should watch him for 17 minutes when he is too lazy to put his information into written form, the way every intelligent person on the planet has done since the beginning of history? That’s why he is crying so about being denied the “right” to steal Bethel’s content so as to put it into his own framed context—he’s too dull to describe it himself as any credible chronicler must do.

I have you to do that, and following the thread with some less biased people who CAN suffer through it, I can pretty well piece things together.

Call it “forensic research.” Scientists do it all the time and we are called dodos if we do not eat up every word.

( I don’t think I have done the virus thing. I may have, but I normally walk right into those things and then spend two weeks at Best Buy while they operate.)

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“Here’s one for you, TTH,” she says, with no doubt whatsoever that I am going to clear the calendar and patiently analyze it, doubtless running it through several times so that all of her insinuations sink in. @Witness, who I simply asked a couple of questions of, and who thereafter regarded me as her star pupil for a time, and expressed such disappointment when she found that it was not so. I mean, this is a very strange woman. 

I can’t located it now, but you had singled me out as one who posts disgusting slanderous videos full of lies targeting the organization; which, if you don’t listen to any of them makes me wonder how you come to that conclusion.  

You seem to mention me frequently in your sarcastic ramblings and sadly, I fell into the same game by attaching your name to the initial post under this thread.  For that, I am disappointed in myself.  

@TrueTomHarley TTH, the man who writes books and makes fun of everyone else. The man who thinks he can just brush over everything and everyone by his stupid remarks. Make people laugh then they will forget. 

Is that the latest idea from the GB ? Grow up Tom. Take on some responsibility, you are 'supposed' to be servant of God after all. :) 

Well you probably think you are. But you seem to lack patience and self control. Very picky in what you will watch and listen to and read. 

So how do you learn anything ? By only reading the things which you feel will please you ?  A bit unbalanced ?

But then it seems JW 's have to be unbalanced to stay in the Org without knowing the truth about it. 

9 minutes ago, Witness said:

I fell into the same game by attaching your name to the initial post under this thread.  For that, I am disappointed in myself.  

Okay. Good to call a truce on that, I guess. I’ll try to hold back as well.

You must understand that this is a site that purports to be a gathering spot for JWs, therefore I do have a sense (possibly unwise) of “defending my turf.”

I would not behave that way were I on a site that does not purport to be a gathering spot for JWs.

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Okay. Good to call a truce on that, I guess. I’ll try to hold back as well.

You must understand that this is a site that purports to be a gathering spot for JWs, therefore I do have a sense (possibly unwise) of “defending my turf.”

I would not behave that way were I on a site that does not purport to be a gathering spot for JWs.

I thought the JW site was the Private Club. I thought this one was for any one to comment on.

Are you sure you're not an Elder ? Higher rank maybe ? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.