The World News Media

So my group overseer just texted this to me. Can someone please explain? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦

Jack Ryan

• 1 month later...

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or an over-controlling busybody sticking their nose into business that doesn't pertain to them. 

It is only because of the quick wording that the message might be taken that way. He scribbled it hastily to a handful of close people that he thought he knew well, people who would not take offense a

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

or an over-controlling busybody sticking their nose into business that doesn't pertain to them. 

It is only because of the quick wording that the message might be taken that way. He scribbled it hastily to a handful of close people that he thought he knew well, people who would not take offense at his quirky way of phrasing matters. 

He had no idea that Jack was among them and was going to go squealing with it like a two-year old to the WorldWideMedia forum so that 1984-obsessed people could hoo-haw over it.

“How can the shepherd say to the Master that he doesn’t know where the sheep are?” one elder put it.

Dear Brother Overseer:

My vacation plans now through September  include working a third job, to pay for my daughters medical bills, and try to keep an eviction notice from being posted on my front door, and having our electricity and water cut off.

Since I quit Pioneering I have found the competition for decent paying jobs is fierce, and unrelenting, and frankly, I do not have the skills to compete, or while in survival mode, have the time or money to acquire those skills.

I have a rotten molar on the left side of my face that feels like a bee sting, a heavy bruise, and that my face is being eaten by rats, and my heart does not feel like it can take the strain of all of this much longer.

As you know, Elder Brother B_______________  dropped dead in mid-step in his living room, with problems similar to mine.  He did have a nice memorial service, however,  my thought was that he was now RESTING, in peace.

Thank you for asking, though, but in my entire life, I have only had one, two day "vacation", but I saw a movie about one with Chevy Chase, and he did not look like he was having a real good time.

Cordially,

Brother ________________

44 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is only because of the quick wording that the message might be taken that way. He scribbled it hastily to a handful of close people that he thought he knew well, people who would not take offense at his quirky way of phrasing matters. 

He had no idea that Jack was among them and was going to go squealing with it like a two-year old to the WorldWideMedia forum so that 1984-obsessed people could hoo-haw over it.

“How can the shepherd say to the Master that he doesn’t know where the sheep are?” one elder put it.

So what?

So what if he knew them.

What purpose does this supposed shepherd need to know the vacation plans in the first place? My own parents do not request such things, and I'm pretty sure their concern for my well being is much more warranted. Of course Tom, I know you request this of your family, right? 

7 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

As hard as it is to understand ... some people "at the bottom", actually prefer a totalitarian system.

True

I've also found that some people just can't allow themselves to admit, when someone they normally don't agree with, is correct. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, Jack Ryan said:

oc1dq19n6pr21.jpg

“Canada” - John

“Florida” - Sam

“Boise, Idaho - I have family there I visit”. - Sam

“Spain. The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain. Thanks for your concern” - George

“The Adirondacks. We like to camp with the family. - Howie

It’s none of your “G*****M” business where I am going on my vacation! What an invasion of privacy! Does your desire for control know know bounds? - Jack

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

I've also found that some people just can't allow themselves to admit, when someone they normally don't agree with, is correct. 

For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think I have ever received such a request, but I would not lose my cookies if I did. I have been asked where I might go in the event of an emergency. Unfortunately, I am not sure just who would put up with me. Maybe the ol pork chop.

“Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU.” - Hebrews 13:17

Whole lotta sighin over there in Jack’s congregation.

2019-05-17_143749.jpg

Dear Brother Overseer:

June and July our Family is going Camping on our private Island in the American Virgin Islands, as soon as our Chinook CH-3 Winnebago helicopter landing pad is completed on our 189 foot SuperYacht.

We are trying to simplify our lives, as recommended, by havin' the house servants go ahead of us and set everything up, and get our Villa ready for occupancy.

We plan on witnessing at least 6 hours a day, by having an aircraft fly over Miami Beach, towing a JW.ORG banner .

Even though we will be having entertainment from Las Vegas, this will be a "working" vacation for our guests, who will be down by private jet from Warwick, for their usual Wednesday's coordination meetings. One requested a large quantity of Scotch, so we have ordered several cases of transparent adhesive tape.

Cordially,

Brother _____________

Turn away, please @The Librarian. (You old hen)

Dear Brother Overseer

I ain’t goin nowhere. I am too busy blaming others for something that happened 50 years ago. I barely have a pot to piss in. If only I had gone to college. If only, if only, if only. Then my life would be paradise. 

Everyone not going to college is a loser in life. Everyone going is a winner. Nobody that goes to college has problems. Whatever problems non-college people have is because they didn’t go to college.

Make a bum decision as a teen and you are locked in for life. There is no opportunity to change course. Liars say that it can be done, but that it what you expect liars to say. I will never forgive them for giving me bad advise. 

Never 

never 

never

never

never

never

never

never

never

never

never 

never 

never

never

never

never

never

never

never

never

never 

Do you hear me?! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Cordially, Brother _______________

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“Canada” - John

“Florida” - Sam

“Boise, Idaho - I have family there I visit”. - Sam

“Spain. The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain. Thanks for your concern” - George

“The Adirondacks. We like to camp with the family. - Howie

It’s none of your “G*****M” business where I am going on my vacation! What an invasion of privacy! Does your desire for control know know bounds? - Jack

For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think I have ever received such a request, but I would not lose my cookies if I did. I have been asked where I might go in the event of an emergency. Unfortunately, I am not sure just who would put up with me. Maybe the ol pork chop.

“Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among YOU and be submissive, for they are keeping watch over YOUR souls as those who will render an account; that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to YOU.” - Hebrews 13:17

Whole lotta sighin over there in Jack’s congregation.

Luke 6:39 And He also spoke a parable to them: A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 A [x]pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will [y]be like his teacher. 41 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye. 43 For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, [z]on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44 For each tree is known by its own fruit.

What good fruit has become from this tree called the Watchtower? 

Matthew 15:

You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:

This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
But in vain do they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’

10 After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, “Hear and understand. 11 It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.”

12 Then the disciples *came and *said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were [d]offended when they heard this statement?” 13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides [e]of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

Teachings of men:   

no beards

no blood

no reporting CSA

no unconditional love for friends and family who chose not to be a jw

etc.

verse 11 speaks DIRECTLY about blood.

the pharisees were offended, because their teachings were rejected. Thus they kicked out those who oppose their views. So no I'm not going to bend MY knee to these men who want to control my personal life, but rather "leave it in Jehovah's hands"

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.