The World News Media

THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE

Witness

12 minutes ago, Witness said:

He did though, love to give unexpected hugs to those who were not afraid of saying hello.  

Fred, from the group home, would hug complete strangers in public. It was one of his goals (set by others, not by himself) for him to cut it out, but I used to just keep an eye out for him—most people were not offended at all. They could see in a heartbeat his condition, but there were some who did recoil, and these I interceded for.

There is an autistic son of one in the congregation whose care prevents either from attending too much. There are several in the tow of a sister who, along with her husband, takes several in as guardians. Sometimes you see them. Sometimes you don’t. I spend time with them all when they appear, though as you said, most don’t. I probably wouldn’t either if I did not have the background that I wrote of. Perhaps you would not either.

I’ll come back to this subject. You’ve touched some fine memories.

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@BillyTheKid46 aka Allen Smith.  I'm just wondering why you have @Foreigner click the angry red arrows for you?  I marvel at your game-playing.  

Hi, I also wonder, why @Foreigner giving me so much red arrows too ? ...... and not giving any comments on my post, just downvote reaction :))))) perhaps man only know to read and not to write. Even i

I believe you have asked me this before, and I wonder why you ask again.    I would pray for the power to open all eyes of those who revere the organization. Rev 13:4  I would pray for the power

Posted Images

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The question that a more humble person might ask is: “Are you questioning that I am anointed?”

I said, "Are you questioning God's reason for anointing me?  I did, for my entire time as a JW."  

As humility goes, I don’t see the difference, since I followed with, "I did"; but I must adjust what I said.  I questioned the anointing by reasoning that it couldn’t be; and eventually repressed the event for the many years I was in the organization.  I appreciate your examples, but I never lived those years as an anointed one.  I don’t know where you intend to place me among your examples.    I didn’t partake, ever.  I was a wallflower, very quiet and obedient to…the leadership, and my responsibilities as a servant’s wife.  After giving one talk on the school, I asked to be only a householder, which I can count only on one hand.  When at the door with another JW, I always asked that they take it.  I preferred to speak one on one with the householder and had no problem in doing so.  Once "awake", things changed.  It was not my intention to follow this course. It is God's.   What I have to say is not about me, as I've made clear before, but about the peril God's "saints" and those with them. are presently in.  Enough of what I've written here should make it clear.   

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Fred, from the group home, would hug complete strangers in public. I

I must add to that, dancing.  We went to a car show once, where Elvis tunes blared from the speakers, his favorite singer.  He danced and sung his way to each car and gained a hundred or so new friends, who hugged him in return. 

@Witness :Are you questioning God's reason for anointing me? 

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The question that a more humble person might ask is: “Are you questioning that I am anointed?”

Similar questions in first sight,  but in the same time also two different questions.

But you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,+ a people for special possession,+ that you should declare abroad the excellencies”*+ of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1. Peter 2:9

WTJWORG quote: Such adopted state brings benefits of freedom from “a spirit of slavery causing fear,” replacing it with the confidence of sons; of hope of a heavenly inheritance assured by the witness of God’s spirit. At the same time these spiritual sons are reminded by their adoption that such position is by God’s undeserved kindness and selection rather than by their inherent right. - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1200271355/1/0

@Witness put in front of you @TrueTomHarley adequate question. How that? By this short Bible verse and WTJWORG explanation, questioning: is/was particular "anointing" of some person true or false, it is out of human power of conclusion.

Tom, you explained your position by saying this:

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The only qualification you have displayed for being anointed is to say that you are. Nice work if you can get it.

Am I questioning it? No. However - and this is key - neither am I confirming it. How would I know? I can only observe that your input does not square very well with what I have come to expect of ones anointed.

Well, if i understand correctly, you Tom not put in question Witness claims she is anointed (but also in the same time not confirm it: Am I questioning it? No. However - and this is key - neither am I confirming it.), but you put in question Did God anointed her: How would I know? I believe, very much/strong, how Witness do not need neither not single one or any of your "confirmation" about it :))) 

Reason you provide is: I can only observe that your input does not square very well with what I have come to expect of ones anointed.

I can agree that you, or someone else, may/should has some expectations. We all have some expectations from others, don't we? I guess that you have some expectations from GB too? Or from God himself? Surely, i guess, that you have some doubts about them/that too?! It is normal.

Main point, as i can see, from Witness question Are you questioning God's reason for anointing me? is: Do you, Tom, want to question God's choice of see me to be anointed??

Main point, as i can see, from your question Are you questioning that I am anointed is: Do you, Witness, sure about that you are anointed by God?  

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I can agree that you, or someone else, may/should has some expectations. We all have some expectations from others, don't we? I guess that you have some expectations from GB too? Or from God himself? Surely, i guess, that you have some doubts about them/that too?! It is normal.

This is what baffles me.  Those anointed who rub shoulders with others in the congregation, can be scrutinized for their behavior. Their every action may be watched and judged.  However, concerning the GB, I have not heard of their anointing, ( maybe other people have); but it is assumed that they are because they have taken headship over the anointed Body.  

11 hours ago, Witness said:

This is what baffles me.  Those anointed who rub shoulders with others in the congregation, can be scrutinized for their behavior. Their every action may be watched and judged.  However, concerning the GB, I have not heard of their anointing, ( maybe other people have); but it is assumed that they are because they have taken headship over the anointed Body.  

What a jumbled, incomplete thought. 

This is what baffles me.  Those anointed who rub shoulders with others in the congregation, can be scrutinized for their behavior, or whether they are really anointed. Their every action may be watched and judged.  However, concerning the GB, I have not heard of their anointing, ( maybe other people have); but it is assumed that they are  anointed because they have taken headship over the anointed Body; thus, It is also assumed that they are highly spiritual, upright men. 

10 hours ago, Witness said:

What a jumbled, incomplete thought.  ...It is also assumed that they are highly spiritual, upright men. 

It is still jumbled & incomplete. Are we to take from this that men not anointed cannot be highly spiritual & upright? 

10 hours ago, Witness said:

However, concerning the GB, I have not heard of their anointing, ( maybe other people have);

What? How would you hear of it other than whether they have partaken of the emblems? If others have witnessed it, do you doubt their reports? 

Are you seriously suggesting that, in an organization that makes such a big deal about being anointed, the ones taking “control” of the worldwide organization would not partake of the emblems?

And if they have, is there reason to doubt their calling any more than yours? I have never witnessed you partaking, either.

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is still jumbled & incomplete. Are we to take from this that men not anointed cannot be highly spiritual & upright? 

What? How would you hear of it other than whether they have partaken of the emblems? If others have witnessed it, do you doubt their reports? 

Are you seriously suggesting that, in an organization that makes such a big deal about being anointed, the ones taking “control” of the worldwide organization would not partake of the emblems?

And if they have, is there reason to doubt their calling any more than yours? I have never witnessed you partaking, either.

I'll try to explain what I mean about who are "highly spiritual men" among the anointed.  

Gerrit Losch, governing body member speaks on JW Broadcast, March 2018: 

“So whom do you trust?  You fully trust in Jehovah, Jesus, and the “faithful slave”. 

“This is not to say that the slave is perfect and never makes mistakes, but Jehovah and Jesus trust the imperfect slave who cares for things to the best of his ability AND WITH THE BEST OF MOTIVES.  Shouldn’t we then trust the imperfect slave as well?”

“To appreciate the extent of Jehovah’s and Jesus’ trust in the faithful slave reflect on what he has promised its members. He has promised them immortality and incorruption. Soon, just before Armageddon the remaining members of the slave will be taken to heaven.

“Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ COMPLETELY trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?”

The rest of the anointed are  not considered part of the “faithful and discreet slave” as a result of “new light”.   How do you feel after reading this?  Do you trust the “faithful and discreet slave” aka “wicked slave” who believe they are most definitely going to heaven to rule with Christ, WHO WILL NOT  REVEAL THIS DECISION UNTIL HE RETURNS? Can uninspired men be given spiritual insight of their own destiny? Matt 25:21  What gives the GB the confidence to say they will “be taken to heaven”?  Prov 16:18   They have judged themselves as “righteous” and they easily judge their “brothers” under them as possibly not righteous. Rom 14:4

“Do the other sheep need to know the names of all anointed ones still on earth today? No. Why not? Because it is not possible for anyone to know for sure that these ones will get their reward.  Wt 16/1 pp. 20-26

Because of men’s doctrinal change, all anointed are not referred to as “faithful” and “discreet”, which is a twist of scripture to gain power over the anointed ones.  Matt 24:48-51   It has helped put doubts in the anointed mind of their calling, as well as anyone who may know them. 

"So the number includes those who think that they are anointed but are not. For example, some who used to eat the bread and drink the wine later stopped. Others may have mental or emotional problems and believe that they will rule with Christ in heaven."  WT 1/16

You must trust the GB, because you trust God and Jesus, but don’t trust any other anointed one as worthy of their “heavenly calling”. 

Only spiritual unstable wicked men relishing power over others would expect us to place our trust in them, as we would trust God and Jesus.  

Who then is "faithful and discreet"?  Who is spiritually stable?  Who receives their "heavenly reward"?  At this time, it appears only to be 8 men in power over Christ's slaves.  To make this claim proves they are head over the anointed congregation.  Only Christ is the Head of his Body and determines one's salvation.  Col 1:18

“A lie is a false statement deliberately presented as being true – a falsehood.  A lie is the opposite of the truth.  Lying involves saying something incorrect to a person who is entitled to know the truth about a matter.  But there is also something called a half-truth.  The bible tells Christians to be honest with each other. Now that you have put away deceit, “speak truth”, wrote the apostle Paul at Eph 4:25.  LIES AND HALF TRUTH UNDERMINE TRUST”  Gerrit Losch

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Others may have mental or emotional problems and believe that they will rule with Christ in heaven."  WT 1/16

This WTJWORG  "double-edged sword" statement is interesting. 

If GB think how some "others" (not them but "others") members have some mental or emotional problems are problematic to be counted as part of This Particular CLASS, that issue can be solved by some medical examinations and interviews of all who made claim they are anointed. If, after they have been put through a medical test, are Not Positive on Something - whatever the test was looking for - they are healthy :)))

On 4/27/2019 at 1:18 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

But you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,+ a people for special possession,+ that you should declare abroad the excellencies”*+ of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1. Peter 2:9

Focus on the purpose of the anointing. They have a lot of work to do, if this verse is any indication. Has the GB been doing that work?

No matter how much one may dislike them, one will not dispute that they have organized a massive worldwide preaching campaign of a unifying message. Have others done the same? There are many faiths that evangelize, but almost always their message ends where the JW message begins: that there is a God who has arranged that our sins be forgiven. Do they “declare abroad the excellencies?” What excellencies? They just declare abroad that he exists. More often than not, they declare that Jesus IS God.

When the GB discusses Revelation and like passages, I get the sense of massive super-human empires battling it out—beasts, women, false prophets, merchants of the earth. It doesn’t mean that the GB is right in every particular, but then, they say as much in the introduction to the Revelation Climax book.

When Witness discusses Revelation and like passages, I get the sense of eavesdropping on a family feud—the “good” anointed redirecting every verse to show out the “bad” anointed have outmaneuvered them, have hogged all the glory, and are living the good life on the backs of the “oppressed” sheep. It gets old.

Really? It’s a little late to be changing horses midstream, methinks. Are we really so very far from the end of this system of things that we can lollygag along and wait for major overhaul of everything? For that matter, does Witness even think that there is an end fast approaching? She has never really offered any specifics on spiritual matters, other than the “bad” anointed have done dirty to the “good” anointed, for which they should be hung high.

Me—I’ve got a good gig going with these guys. I get significant support both spiritually and logistically. Why on earth would I trade that in to side with “renegade anointed” if they are that, who connect with each other via Skype, and who have offered little more than blistering criticism of those who I think are overall doing pretty well?

Witness is frequently imploring me to go back and reread her words so as to give her feedback—what did I “glean” from this or that speech? She suspects I didn’t read her messages thoroughly. It’s a little difficult to partake of a meal when it is doused in vinegar. If she didn’t continually malign those taking the lead she might find me more receptive to her words.

In fact, maybe it is that expectation—that you can douse the meal with vinegar yet still expect it to be savored that makes me wonder if she is not, in her words, “this crazy anointed woman.” I can categorically say that she is not, for if she is crazy, then she is not anointed, and if she is anointed, then she is not crazy. If she is both, then there is reason to think that the new system will be as nutso as this one, and perhaps it is time for me to check out now and join Srecko.

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It’s a little difficult to partake of a meal when it is doused in vinegar. If she didn’t continually malign those taking the lead she might find me more receptive to her words.

You really are a good writer.  I mean that sincerely.

Here, is a meal doused with vinegar which your GB has a steady hand at applying, enough to cause a questioning heart to squirm. For the anointed, it should put their teeth on edge.

W 02/8/1 “Loyally Submitting to Godly Authority”

Who make up this royal priesthood today? The apostle Peter answers that question in his first inspired letter. To anointed members of the body of Christ, Peter wrote: “You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 2:9) From these words it is clear that, as a group, the anointed footstep followers of Jesus make up this “royal priesthood,” which Peter also called “a holy nation.” They constitute the channel (old news, no longer) that Jehovah uses to provide his people with instruction and spiritual direction.—Matthew 24:45-47.

They gave you 1 Pet 2:9 but not 1 Pet 2:5:
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:20-22 describes the “spiritual house” as God’s Temple:

“having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.”

God is consistent in His ways.  The early temple only provided access to His priests. Ezek 44:6-9 No one was to replace them, no foreigner “uncircumcised” was allowed to enter God’s temple.

When Korah tried to accomplish it, which the article speaks of, he, his comrades and family were killed.  If your leaders were serious about “loyally submitting to God’s authority”, they would not replace God’s priesthood, who are also the sacred Temple…with “foreigners” – the spiritually “uncircumcised” "Gentile" elder body, who also have the power to judge God’s Temple members as “dead”.   Rom 2:28,29; John 16:2; Rev 13:15

This is vinegar poured out on God’s Word. 

“Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions.”

Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders! Their record of faithful service, often over many decades, inspires our trust.”

Would God suddenly change His mind about His established decrees concerning His “special possession”?  Or, would Satan try to influence God's priesthood to be ruled under a "lawless" decree obviously not based on scripture?  2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2

Mount Zion is built with God’s living stones; not with the elder body, which have built the “temple” of men.  Rev 13:1,2,5-7; 14:1 

"Didn't you banish the priests of the LORD, the descendants of Aaron and the Levites, and make your own priests like the peoples of other lands do? Whoever comes to ordain himself with a young bull and seven rams may become a priest of what are not gods.”  2 Chron 13:9

Pearl Doxsey - "The Disgusting Thing Standing in a Holy Place"  Matt 24:15

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.