The World News Media

If you could pick one moment (like a week) to relive over and over for the rest of your life which week would it be?

Ask me a question

• 2 months later...

• Views 861
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was that week that I had to stay in bed, up in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. They had a VCR/DVD player that only had one movie on it. So I ended up watching Bill Murray in Groundhog Day about 30 time

My favorite scene was when, at the front door of the Piano teacher, Bill Murray offered her a thousand dollars (?) for a piano lesson, and the teacher threw the little girl student out the door.

Turns out to be much more interesting than the premise. Also, I think it will help make sense of my post.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

It was that week that I had to stay in bed, up in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. They had a VCR/DVD player that only had one movie on it. So I ended up watching Bill Murray in Groundhog Day about 30 times in one week.

Or maybe that was just a dream. . . . Or maybe I just made this up. . .😉

My favorite scene was when, at the front door of the Piano teacher, Bill Murray offered her a thousand dollars (?) for a piano lesson, and the teacher threw the little girl student out the door.

It would be a week in the late 1960's before I got totally 'drawn into' the Jehovah's Witnesses. A nice young lady from Ireland came to live in a bedsit in the house right next door to the one I lived in. The landlord owned both houses and both front doors were always open. Of course each person had the key to their own room, so no one could just walk in, but it was nice when i got invited in. Unfortunately she was a Catholic and I was just beginning to learn about Jehovah, so the 'friendship' didn't last more than a year, but it was lovely whilst it did last. 

16 hours ago, JW Insider said:

So I ended up watching Bill Murray in Groundhog Day about 30 times in one week.

Or maybe that was just a dream. . . . Or maybe I just made this up. .

Why would you want to re-live that? (Even if it was a dream or you made it up).

9 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

It would be a week in the late 1960's before I got totally 'drawn into' the Jehovah's Witnesses. A nice young lady from Ireland came to live in a bedsit in the house right next door to the one I lived in. The landlord owned both houses and both front doors were always open. Of course each person had the key to their own room, so no one could just walk in, but it was nice when i got invited in. Unfortunately she was a Catholic and I was just beginning to learn about Jehovah, so the 'friendship' didn't last more than a year, but it was lovely whilst it did last. 

Hope your wife isn't reading this!

5 hours ago, Anna said:

Is it a must see?

No. It is a must-avoid.

Actually, it is sort of cute. It is not a must-see, but it is a movie you would probably enjoy.

We have some good friends in that circuit, who tell us

A) that there is a congregation in Punxsutawney, and 

B) you never saw such a tacky place in your life, with every interest imaginable cashing in on the legend.

Money is the catalyst that changes all people.

Especially as in the case of Prognosticators.

I avoided the movie for several decades, reasoning "I don't want to go see a movie about a fake prophet stupid groundhog !" ... but it is an adorable move, with a LOT of subtle, low key, but memorable comedy moments, and several important insights.

I have seen the movie "Groundhog day"  about four times.

It has helped make me the man I am today!