The World News Media

JOHN BUTLER

13 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Thank You, John, for giving me another piece of evidence. I wonder if Tom doesn't understand your mind that he is trying desperately to excuse your conduct. He is trying very hard to give you justification, but you are making it more difficult for him. Just think about how you can apply those words. Excuse, Justification. He doesn't understand when people make threats over the internet, just like James stipulated, there's a nutcase to take the challenge out there.

evidence3.jpg

What would be the purpose of staying silent with such cases. I think everyone here needs a refresher course. Christian Ethics 101

@BillyTheKid46 You are so funny Kid. Your GB / Watchtower / JW Org talk about billions of people being killed at their idea of Armageddon. 

I'm only suggesting that your 8 men of the GB might be killed a long time before that Armageddon. 

I wonder if anyone suggested that Jesus would be killed before it happened ? Please remember that Jesus is the Son of God. but he was murdered.

And remember that one of JW's was working in my local KH and he was murdered. Stabbed to death. 

And it seems that it's you that is stockpiling weapons, not me. How's that machine gun you have ? Legal in the USA is it ? 

And you think I'm crazy :) but at least i don't have a house full of guns. 

I wonder which of us should actually be under investigation ?

Oh yes Christian ethics. Trust in God but have a machine gun as a backup. :) 

• Views 14.6k
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just trying to be fair, and I believe the truth is the truth and a lie is a lie no matter who says it.

That's true. You can. That's the nature of social media. You could tell the truth, and no one needs to believe you. I could tell the truth, and no one needs to believe me. Someone could just as easily

Perhaps that was the reason I didn't suggest his book was proof. I think I purposely worded it something like this: Why would I be speaking of "proof" if my whole point was based on how we near

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Oh yes Christian ethics. Trust in God but have a machine gun as a backup. :) 

... sounds like a good idea to me !

If you fill out the paperwork, and pay the tax stamp fee, In South Carolina you can own anything that does not involve nuclear energy.

.... bummer!

The Estate of the famous author Tom Clancy recently had his Sherman Tank for sale.

13 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

How's that machine gun you have ?

I think you misread JTR. BTK never claimed to have a machine gun, only a powerful long-range rifle among other items in a collection.

It sounds like he grew up around Texas, where this is more common than most UK folks might think. I was in Missouri for many of my growing-up years, and it was no problem for Witnesses, even elders at that time, to own guns. Against my own parents' wishes, I went out with a Witness family for target practice after service on some weekends. After a few days I could finally uphold my end and keep a three gallon metal container in the air after several shots with a shotgun, taking turns with another brother shooting at the same can, until the can finally broke into pieces too small to work with.

(I personally have not shot a gun since I was 15, and don't plan to own any. I have strong feelings against gun ownership for anyone unless they are well trained, well adjusted and well oiled. *j/k*)

25 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And it seems that it's you that is stockpiling weapons, not me. How's that machine gun you have ? Legal in the USA is it ? 

In the United States at large,  it is legal to own any machine gun manufactured before 1985, if you fill out the paperwork, and pay the $200 tax. Rules vary State by State as to whether you can possess it in that State.

My guess is that BillyTheKid's .50 cal BMG is a sniper type rifle, capable to shooting about 4 miles, with a practical range of 3/4 mile, at 2,700 fps, although the term ".50 BMG" can also refer to the entire cartridge, OR a machine gun.

I have asked him twice about it ..... without reply, so far.

I assume our truce is still "on", so I am defending him where due.

4 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My guess is that BillyTheKid's .50 cal BMG is a sniper type rifle, capable to shooting about 4 miles, with a practical range of 3/4 mile, at 2,700 fps, although the term ".50B MG" can also refer to the entire cartridge, or a machine gun.

If my calculations are right, then, you could fire such a gun at just the right angle on the moon and it could orbit and hit you in the back of the head.

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

However, my friend's father knew about the parade just in case you are trying to call me a liar in a subtle way. Something you usually do. This gentleman as I stated was 116 years old.

Sorry about that. I read almost everything with healthy skepticism, especially stories that include a 116-year-old man. But the story was not impossible, and therefore it would be an amazing story that I hoped you say more about.

Your story also had a 5 year old asking a 116 year old man about an obscure parade from about 45 years earlier that the boy would not likely have known about unless someone else brought it up first. You explained how that happened, and it now makes much more sense.

To be totally honest, I still have a problem with the story, but it's not about you. It's about the man claiming to be 116.

33 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

You have never heard about old veterans? My friends father is still alive at 95. He would tell me and my friend war stories that would make you sick. If an ansector could give me an account of the battle of the alamo, it isn't farfectched the age of a veteran. If you google, you see plenty that are still alive from WW1. Therefore, I don't understand your skepticism.

If you would like to understand my skepticism, it should be very simple to understand. But remember, this has nothing to do with you.

Remember we are not talking about persons who are only 95 or even 105 (my grandmother-in-law turns 105 this year). If you look at a list of super-centarians you might begin to see the problem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

Between 1957 and 1965, this 116 year old could easily have been the ONLY 116 year old on the face of the entire earth. And even if there was one 116 year old alive, the odds that he was alive in Texas (or somewhere in the United States) and had been in the Civil War makes it even more unlikely. The reason for saying that is that war veterans are often tracked specifically to watch for stories like this. They get published every "Memorial Day." They get veterans benefits. They get a lot of media attention.

In fact, there was a lot of evidence that the oldest Civil War veteran died at the age of 109. There were a couple of people (Walter WIlliams and WIlliam Lundy) who made claims of being older and also in the Civil War, but these two turned out to be likely "hoaxes."

One of them was the Houston, Texas man, Walter Williams, who was the one in a list of "hoaxers" claiming to have been 116:

http://time.com/3877537/civil-war-veterans-hoaxers-photos/

A further explanation for skepticism is the entire article at https://mashable.com/2015/04/10/civil-war-oldest-veterans/

Ancestry.com and newspapers.com were not available to some of the reporters and journalists who did their best to verify such stories when it was so common for people to claim whatever they wanted about having been in the Civil War. Now you can check multiple records and see what matches up in a matter of seconds.

The mashable article points out the following about the two men in question:

There is some debate as to the validity of both Walter Williams' and William Lundy's claims. Walter Williams claimed in 1959 to be the last Civil War veteran alive. Williams said he was 116, but census data discovered more recently suggests that he may have been eleven when the war ended in 1865. William Lundy was born at a similar time, and died in 1957.

The story still becomes possible if he forged papers to join at age 10 or 11, and there is some evidence that a small percentage of boys actually tried this. And you might have been born in 1952 or 1954, which makes it quite possible that you met one of these two men.

image.png

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

However, I have no idea if 1965 nine years later from the known civil war veteran was also that guy

Stipulating 1965 (apparently) can be helpful.

44 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Whatever, you decide to satisfy your skepticism, I don’t need to read it.

No problem. My skepticism was already well founded and satisfied. But it doesn't mean the story is untrue. Unique and unlikely things have happened to all of us at some time or another. This is what makes the world interesting.

In a similar vein, then, changing the subject to "soldiers of Christ," a person could have been born in 1903, anointed at age 11 before October 1914, then living to be 116, might therefore not die until October 2019. That's this year!! If another 11-year-old person, somewhere in the world, becomes anointed before October 1919, and he or she lives to be 116, that means that the "generation which will not pass away" could potentially pass away in 2124. I think, therefore, we can safely say that this generation will finally pass away just over 100 years from now, if not before. Right?

If you count your fingers twice, you will get 16 fingers. If you include thumbs, and also count them twice, you will get 20 digits. If you include the palms of your hands, you can slap your face and yell "I'm an idiot!"

...but however you do it, it does not affect your wallet, as the money continues to pour in.

Theology One-Oh_One. (101).

tbm7h6flz5911.jpg

40 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Switching the content.

Now I'm glad I did, because you bring up an interesting point that I might have missed . . .

40 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Has that generation passed? Who is still around up to 1933? Therefore, which citation are you relying on that you think we have moved away from that ideology of "this generation will not pass".

Are you saying that those in the second group who would have potentially overlapped with those in the first group should be born (or anointed) before 1933?

If so, I can see some of the reasons you might say this. But I'd really like to know if that's what you believe. I guess the best way to ask is to see if you can answer either or both of the following question(s) with a yes or no:

• Do you think persons in the second group of the "generation that will not pass away" must be born before 1933 (or perhaps up to 1935)?
  • Do you think persons in the second group of the "generation that will not pass away" must be able to realize their own anointing before 1933 (or perhaps up to 1935)?

PBS?

37 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I can think of 2-3 movies stars that are still around from 1914-1918.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls075124314/

imdb gives only one actor born before October 1914. Although I don't understand how or why this might have made a difference to your point. (And by the way, the database isn't up to date, evidently, as that one person evidently died in 2009 per Wikipedia: "Noriko died in April 2009 at the age of 97.")

Oldest Living Actors

by glyntreharne-1 | created - 07 Sep 2014 | updated - 3 months ago | Public

The oldest living actor/actresses still alive in 2019

[NO PICTURE]

1. Noriko Honma

Actress | Rashômon

Noriko Honma was born on November 29, 1910 in Yubari, Hokkaido, Japan. She is an actress and manager, known for Rashomon (1950), Yojimbo (1961) and Seven Samurai (1954).

Norman Lloyd

Born: 8 November 1914

2. Norman Lloyd

Actor | Dead Poets Society

Norman Lloyd was born Norman Perlmutter in Jersey City, New Jersey, to Sadie (Horowitz), a housewife and singer, and Max Perlmutter, a furniture store manager. His family was Jewish (from Hungary and Russia). He began his acting career in the theater, first "treading the boards" at Eva Le Gallienne...

Born: 8 November 1914

Olivia de Havilland

3. Olivia de Havilland

Actress | The Heiress

Olivia Mary de Havilland was born July 1, 1916, in Tokyo, Japan, to British parents Lilian Augusta (Ruse), a former actress, and Walter Augustus de Havilland, an English professor and patent attorney. Her sister, Joan, later to become famous as Joan Fontaine, was born the following year. Her ...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.