The World News Media

NEW TV-JW.ORG FEATURED PROGRAMMING!

James Thomas Rook Jr.

45 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This pic suggests that you were with Moses, and that whereas he led all the other Israelites out through the Red Sea, you hightailed it in your fancy car.

I never met Moses, as I was in what is now known as Rockville, Maryland at the time ... actually ... many years before, courting a woman named Wilma Slaghoople ( In a car with truly AWFUL brakes, far different than that Aston Martin DB-5 , which I wrecked, running into a brick wall in an alley), who dumped me for a guy that as a teenager had worked for her father's computer company, and later got a job in a rock quarry, and married Wilma. 

If memory serves, his name was Fred Flinkstone, and he was always palling around with some guy named Barney Rubble.

Like they say, to mix series ... "There can be only one!"

I tried to not lose my head over it.

• Views 837
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course this would never happen. The org. is not some kind of talk show or democratically run establishment.  You either take it or leave it.

You bring this up so frequently (and HOW old are you?) that I have become curious over something: Please post a full-length photo of yourself. If, as I suspect, it shows you wearing spray-on

This is the only full length photo of me I could find, but it was taken about 1968, when I had more hair. Of course, that was 50 years ago, but you can see the resemblance .... *coff*  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

James Rook  1968.jpg

So. You don’t wear tight suit pants yourself. You probably agree with everyone else that they look ridiculous. You also probably agree that they are ‘manipulative’ — they are the product of a highly sexualized fashion industry that seeks always to highlight sensuality. When these ones turn their attention to children, they put them in clothes that suggest they are hookers. Mothers—and I do not mean just Christian mothers, I mean just protective ones—have to buy boy’s gym shorts for their daughters so as to make them not a target for pedophiles.

And yet you giggle on like a adolescent about “tight pants Tony.” What’s with that?

16 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And yet you giggle on like a adolescent about “tight pants Tony.” What’s with that?

Actually I do not giggle... I laugh out loud at HIS obsession. 

It's HILARIOUS!

( in a creepy sort of way ...)

I never noticed such things existed .... and since I found out (courtesy TPT ...) I have never seen any, anywhere.

...and I don't remember the Bible saying anything about ridiculous clothing ... like a Jew wearing a skirt, with tassels on the bottom with alternating bells and pomegranates, as an example, and walking down the street with a phylactery bumping you in the forehead.

Now THAT is the stuff of comedy routines!

4 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I never noticed such things existed .... and since I found out (courtesy TPT ...) I have never seen any, anywhere.

That is because you are a hillbilly. If you’d get your head out of your own still, you would see that such styles are widespread. 

The world is bigger than you. Tony sees that.

Well, I have lived and worked in Zaire, Norway, Peru, and all over the United States ... but I am SURE that TPT sees a lot more things than normal people see.

... probably PTSD from his time in Vietnam as an Army Medic.

...and as an aside ... all my relatives look like they came off the set of "Hee-Haw", so you are right about me being a hillbilly at heart.

10 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

probably PTSD from his time in Vietnam as an Army Medic.

That sentence from yesterday’s Watchtower study called to mind an experience: 

From paragraph 17: “A brother recalls appreciatively: ‘I saw tears well up in the eyes of one elder as he contemplated my situation. That image will always remain in my mind.’”

I was sure that the kid at the tire repair show had lost my specialty tool when I had my tires switched. The dopey mounted snowtires (that somebody talked me into buying) require a unique socket—it is not standard and it is not metric. I have two of them so it is not that big of a deal, but when it was not in its designated place after I picked up the car from the shop (it could only be there and nowhere else because I always put it there) I drove back to the shop and let them hear about it at the front counter. “He’s got it in his toolbox, somewhere,” I said, “just absentminded, not theft—he is just careless. Make him check for it.”

When I returned home I found the socket.

I know how companies bully their employees. I figured they must have leaned into him pretty heavily. I drove back to apologize—not to the front counter, but to him personally. Nah—they said it wasn’t necessary. I said it was. No, it was nothing, they said, don’t worry about it. Look, I know that “the customer is always right,” I responded—he probably was made to feel some heat. They said no—not a problem. (what’s the big deal? They just didn’t want to pull him out of the shop and interrupt his work flow.)

Did I tell you that when I get something in my head I am not easily put off? I said that I could probably just walk right in there and say it quick—which bay is he in, anyway? and made for the door. When they saw that I would not be dissuaded—what were they going to do? toss me out on my ear with a showroom full of customers looking on? they fetched him for me.

He looked defensive, as though I was going to yell at him. Instead, I apologized. I said that I was sure that he had lost the tool, but when I got home I found it. Very likely someone had made him sweat about it. He was a Spanish speaking kid and he looked like someone who doesn’t get apologized to that often.

A little to my embarrassment, I felt some tears welling up, just like the elder in the paragraph. I mean, several were looking on. I probably made a fool of myself. And maybe it was completely unnecessary. Maybe they had all had a good laugh over the jerk who griped over his “lost” tool. Dunno. 

But it didn’t matter. It is not a bad thing to show empathy. The elder in that Watchtower paragraph not only benefited the congregation member by tears welling up—unless I am very mistaken, he benefited himself as well.

4 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

Well, both of you are writers. Lots of information and emotion there. So start writing. Even pictures.  Something about that elegant picture reminds me of James Bond. 

“THAT WAS MY DRINK I WANTED SHAKEN NOT STIRRED, YOU IDIOT, NOT MY CAR!

MY BEAUTIFUL ASTON MARTIN—WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IT?!”

On 5/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, JOHN BUTLER said:

But you're right it's not democratic either, it's a dictatorship.

Your opinion. But regardless, you can still take it or leave it 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.