The World News Media

Geoffrey Jackson Before the Commission - and the New Requirement to ‘Go Beyond the Law’

TrueTomHarley

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish it were that simple. This is only ONE of the reasons to be insular. Another reason to be insular is to hide the fact that you are just like the world in some areas and still hope that people will

WITH RESPECT TO 'GOING BEYOND THE LAW' (Matthew 5:40-42) 40 And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment; 41 and if so

Just a side observation, a little off topic, but I am sorry to say, I felt the same way. Like you though, I don't think Br. Jackson is haughty, and probably neither are the others, but it seems that B

Posted Images

1 minute ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If God CONTROLS all governments, as you have just stated, BTK, then the Nazis are blameless for their atrocities.

You cannot have it BOTH ways!

Well the Kid is unwell isn't he ? It's obvious that God does not control all governments. Not would God want to it seems.

The Devil offered all those 'kingdoms' of the earth to Jesus, so I think it's obvious that the Devil controls them. 

12 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What irritates me the most ... really burns my overweight butt ... is that the Secular Authorities HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND.

Perhaps  because Secular Authorities doing JHVH will (maybe not always but still sometimes). Romans 13 explained this in preamble.   

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

34 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:
42 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What irritates me the most ... really burns my overweight butt ... is that the Secular Authorities HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND.

Explain please ?

I thought it was self evident, but since you asked me to (partially) explain .......

Their Justice system is set up to be accessible to everyone,...open... transparent ... AND ACCOUNTABLE if someone screws up, is incompetent, or evil .... and does not require "two witnesses". 

Let's say a victim of CSA is also murdered.

NOW you have NO witnesses.

Congregationally,  using the rules we live by, the criminal COMPLETELY escapes Justice.he feigns innocence, and THAT is the end of THAT.

The systems the Nations have can unravel the mystery using detective work, forensic evidence, and if they have a suspect, can try him for his alleged crimes in open court, where he can have witnesses from the general public, witnesses for his defense, and character witnesses in his behalf.  If he is poor with words, or too ignorant to make a determined and competent defense, he will be appointed a Lawyer who presumably IS competent to represent him.

In OUR system you cannot even have present Jehovah's Witnesses from the Congregation present ... and that's the fact, Jack.

You cannot have a transcript, you cannot record it on audio or video, you cannot have competent counsel represent you, and you have to file an appeal in 7 days or there is no appeal available.  The ones judging you do not even have to TELL YOU THEIR NAMES.

... AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT WEARING HOODED ROBES, AND CARRYING A SCYTHE., which is the only "blessing" there.

The Nations closely imitate the system God set up for Israel in ancient times ... and OUR system resembles loosely one set up by any number of tyrants.

The Nations have the MORAL HIGH GROUND because their Justice system more closely imitates the one Jehovah God set up, and ours more closely resembles  a  Public Relations Corporation's damage control department.

And that's that's the fact, Jack.

5 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Not to mention, The Watchtower volunteered the information, the ARC received.

This is 100% NOT TRUE ... The ARC received their information by leaks, subpoenas, testimony and letters from victims, and mountains of hard evidence collected by victims and those knowing what actually happened ... (aka "apostates")  ....  that was forwarded to the commission.

I watched the proceedings in real time as it was happening ( I stayed awake all night watching for about a week, and more...) and the Elders, Branch Officials, and even GB member Geoffrey Jackson  were caught in multiple lies and infantile explanations.

The Videos are STILL available, if you want to refresh your memory.

Oh, never mind ... I forgot for a moment ... to refresh your memory, you would have had to have watched the proceedings the FIRST time.

21 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

... AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT WEARING HOODED ROBES, AND CARRYING A SCYTHE., which is the only "blessing" there.

Not funny, but that was nearly the exact image I already had in mind when watching an expose of the Catholic Church in Poland over the last hour or so. Using only a few specific cases, they were able to get elderly priests to confess the details in front of their accusers. It's not only an indictment of the prevalence of CSA in the Catholic Church, but an indictment of the lengths the Catholic Church has gone to in covering it up. Watching the collusion of bishops so worried about the reputation of their church, rather than justice for the victims, especially reminded me of your image of hooded robes and scythes. It's long, and in Polish, so if anyone is interested, it's probably best to learn how to speed up a video and add English subtitles for those, like me, who don't know a word of Polish.

It has 22,000,000 views already:

TELL NO ONE (2019) | Full Documentary Movie by Tomasz Sekielski | English Subtitles 

@James Thomas Rook Jr. I totally agree with your first comment above and I believe the first paragraph of this second comment. As for the full proceedings, I didn't watch it all but have seen 'bits' via youtube or somewhere. 

I do know that the Org tried to withhold information from the Charity Commision here in the UK. 

I find it so funny when you call JW Org 'OUR' system or org. I cannot fully understand why anyone with your knowledge of the GB / W/t / JW Org would want to be any part of it, but maybe you are still getting info to pass on to us. 

I would think that half of the time the criminal or sinner is an Elder, and that he is liked and protected by other Elders, so justice is seldom done. And all is hidden behind closed doors. 

Whereas in that 'wicked old world' outside the Org, justice is more often done, and is seen to be done. 

The Kid seems to think that man's laws are higher than God's laws it seems. So what happens when a government tells the JW's not to preach the good news, or not to talk about God ? Romans 13 v1 again Billy. 

What would your W/t do Billy, obey man's laws ?

No, it only hides behind man's laws when it is convenient to the GB and it's Org. 

If 'data protection' hides criminals and sinners in the JW Org, then surely God's laws would override it for true servants of God. 

I laugh at Billy's use of those last two scriptures. 1 Peter 2 v 16.

16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves.

The GB / W/t / JW Org are using their freedom as a cover up for evil. That is what the Child Sexual Abuse investigations Earthwide are all about. The known facts and more facts being revealed about this Child Sexual Abuse being committed by Elders and others within the JW Org.   

But Billy will keep his head in the sand, and as I've said before, he cannot really be a true JW by his thoughts and words. 

"Either your trust in God or you don't", Billy says.... Yes Billy trust in God, but not in the Watchtower or the GB of JW org. Or in the Elders of JW congregations. 

'Now you want the Watchtower to be an organization that breaks man’s law to benefit opposers,' Billy says.

So, are victims of CSA now viewed as opposers in Billy's eyes ? Look after widows and orphans Billy, remember scripture. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Mr. Jackson, I am impressed by your humility, your distress at what clearly is a problem, and your overall demeanor. We have so many people strutting their stuff about here and you almost can’t stand them. We appreciate your willingness to work with us and we hope we can further work with you along this line.

Brother Jackson did an excellent job under the circumstances. Some of what he said indicated that the GB really would go back and rethink policies that were in place, and I believe it's no coincidence that we have seen more good progress since the ARC hearings.

However, I never heard anyone (who watched Jackson's testimony in its entirety) point out any instances or evidences of humility. Sorry to say it, but his overall demeanor, to me, actually stood out as haughty and smug. I don't think that was just me. And it's not that I think this is how he is, or how the GB usually are, I have seen many instances of the GB showing humility and true concern. But I saw several evidences of the opposite, here.

In fact, I think that McClellan, took notice of Brother Jackson's (who is an Australian citizen) attempts to reposition his testimony as an "opportunity" and something that worked out because he was only there (traveling in Australia) to take care of his elderly father. In fact, I understand that for no other person did Judge McClellan thank someone for their testimony and then add the words he added here at 1:07:41-45. The Judge, with a possible bit of derisive head-shaking of his own adds: ". . . you are now formally excused from your summons." It's even possible to interpret the half-second loss of Brother Jackson's "smirk" to that very remark at 1:07:47.

Thank you so much JWI, for posting this, ( TELL NO ONE (2019) | Full Documentary Movie by Tomasz Sekielski | English Subtitles ) :

My wife, Susan, and I just watched this stunning documentary.

WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=BrUvQ3W3nV4

For some reason, although I tried three times to download it to my outboard USB Hard Drives with my usual piece of software "YouTube Downloader', it failed .... so I had to use my new favorite piece of software "FastStone Capture"  ($20) to capture the movie as it played on my monitor, in real time. 

This meant we had to watch it through, in real time 1:1, but the capture is apparently as good as the original movie, at least on my 17" monitors, depending on how fast you set the capture frame rate.

If it shows up on your monitor .... you can capture it to your hard drive, with "FastStone Capture". 

It will even capture everything on a page of a blog like this, from top to bottom, by automatically scrolling down, and capturing as it goes.

This is an example:

2019-05-29_020950   600w  .jpg

Full Page copy.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.