Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Witness -
TrueTomHarley -

Top Posters

“Same vs. different” is a typical worksheet handed out to preschool and kindergarten children.  In the pictures below, would you consider them the “same”, or “different”? 

Watchtower 11/1/1990 p. 26

LOOKING TO AN ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION IS... Idolatry

Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities
As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today.
We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization

Kingdom Ministry 11/1990 p. 1
ONE MUST COME TO THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION

Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization 
Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the “one flock” Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that
identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established. 

Although these two quotes appear to be “different”, they are in fact, the same… hypocrisy

Matt 12:37; John 9:41; Luke 12:1

Pearl Doxsey ( 4womaninthewilderness), consider “An Illustration/Great Deception”

my book of bible stories.jpg

jws jw org1.jpg

Well, it is hardly what she represents, but it is sort of a dopey-looking picture.

I will never get it though my head why some people have to wear logo. If a shirt has so much as a ‘Tommy Hilfiger’ logo on it, that is enough for me to dump it. I am not a billboard.

It even took me a while to get my head around wearing badge cards all the day of the convention. In the end I did it, accepting it as advertising for the event.

But I don’t do it for anything else.

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      Satan uses subtleties to reveal his deception. Many people leaving the organization are appalled at finding what are called “subliminal images” sprinkled throughout the publications; dark images that become apparent once we “wake up”. Eph 5:14  At one time I was fascinated by them, but there is so much of that type of darkness that I realized it detracted from the message of light and truth that Jesus has revealed through his “two witnesses”. Rev 11:1-3
      However, something unusual was made note of on a forum, and I had to check it out myself. On the organization’s broadcasting channel, the brief introduction to its monthly studio videos begins with the initial music and a rotating globe, accompanied with photos of JWs all over the world. Very briefly, a huge bright ball of light appears over the map of the New York area, where we know the organization’s leaders reside in Warwick. Then, almost instantly, the organization’s logo, which represents its teachings, rests over the country of Israel. Why such an abnormally large ball of light? Why would the logo not be situation over New York instead of Israel? I don’t believe Satan’s organization does anything in innocence. The Bible may help us reason on it.
      (The Throne of Satan – 4womaninthewilderness blogspot)
      Abraham’s seed of “144,000” anointed ones in covenant with Christ, are compared to stars that are to bring blessings to mankind. Gen 15:5; 26:4; 22:17,18; 28:13,14; Gal 3:29
      “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:14-16
      Every anointed “star” should be shining such light from Christ in these last days. If they were, and a literal map was created to signify their light, the entire globe would detect and locate each anointed star by the light they would radiate. Dan 12:3; Rom 13:12; Phil 2:15; Heb 11:12; Rev 1:16,20
      However, this isn’t the case. One powerful star, fallen from God’s grace, has mislead all of spiritual “Israel”, God’s “land”, with its defiled teachings. Matt 24:24; 1 Tim 4:1; Rev 16:13-16 (1Cor 3:9,16,17; Eph 2:22)
      “And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, (torch) and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11 and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.” Rev 8:10,11

The identity "Wormwood" is a "fallen star" (Rev 8:10,11; Isa 14:12; Jer 51:53; Lam 2:1; Obad 1:4,10)
      and therefore, an unfaithful anointed one who is described as "great", "burning as a torch",
      and able to cause the deaths of "many" (Rev 8:11). ...the same one to whom Satan gives the "key to the abyss"[Rev 9:1 (the power over deception and death -Heb 2:14)].

We see that the first thing this unfaithful chosen one does, is unleash those now under her power (Rev 9:2,3) which is a parallel to the "two-horned beast" Rev 13:11 (Wormwood), empowering the collective Wild Beast (Rev 13:14,15).
      The Fallen Star and two-horned Beast/False Prophet, are both parallels, to the adulterous "Harlot" riding the Beast (Rev 17:3; Hos 9:1;1:2).
      All four illustrations are about the same identities.
      Harlot=two-horned False Prophet=Wormwood=Fallen Star=spiritual Jews in Covenant
      Wild Beast=locust-scorpions=man of lawlessness=disgusting thing in Holy Place=spiritual Gentiles

As you can see, the unfaithful Chosen Ones use those outside that covenant who are under their influence, to do their persecuting for them (Rev 11:7; 17:3; 13:11,12,15).
      But you may notice in Rev 17:3, that in the time of the end, there is a change in this arrangement (Dan 7:7,19,23; Rev 17:3) in that the Beast which the last "woman/Harlot" uses...
      is covered with "blasphemous names".

This unfaithful fallen star and her army of Gentile counterfeit priests, are self-proclaimed as
      "God's visible spirit-directed Organization" --Blasphemy! (Rev 17:3)
      From – Why Jesus came to earth / Last World Power over the Chosen Ones / "Iron" and "Clay", Pearl Doxsey

When this “spirit-directed” “mountain-like organization” turns on the Harlot/fallen star/wicked steward over God’s wayward priests, will the bright ball of light in their videos, remain positioned over New York? It will be interesting to see. Matt 24:45; Luke 12:42; 16:1,2

This is what the Lord, the Lord Almighty, says:
      “Go, say to this steward,
      to Shebna the palace administrator:
      16 What are you doing here and who gave you permission
      to cut out a grave for yourself here,
      hewing your grave on the height
      and chiseling your resting place in the rock?
      17 “Beware, the Lord is about to take firm hold of you
      and hurl you away, you mighty man.
      18 He will roll you up tightly like a ball
      and throw you into a large country.
      There you will die
      and there the chariots you were so proud of
      will become a disgrace to your master’s house.
      19 I will depose you from your office,
      and you will be ousted from your position. Isa 22:15-19

Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. 18 And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth. (Rev 1:5; 5:9,10)” Rev 17:15-18

Pearl Doxsey:
      “The Fallen Star”
      “The Steward’s Sacred Trust”
      4womaninthewilderness blogspot

• By Witness
      Not long ago, Gerrit Losch asked, “So, whom do you trust?  You fully trust Jehovah, Jesus and the faithful slave.”  “Do you trust me?  I hope so.”  He quoted, Prov 14:15:
      “The naive person believes every word.  But the shrewd one ponders each step.” 
      The leaders of the organization teach that it is God’s organization. This would mean all instructions, all teachings, would come from God. So, we could surmise that all teachings are trustworthy, that JWs could thoroughly expect their leaders in charge, to tell them the truth as Losch expressed above - truth spoken at all times.  
      JWs, you are told that you hear God’s promises when you listen to what the organization teaches you. You are told you love the organization because it teaches you “wonderful truths”. You are admonished to do what the organization wants you to do, because it is God’s proactive organization, always guiding you for your benefit, with your best interests at heart. Isa 48:17,18
      However, since your anointed leaders claim not to be inspired by Holy Spirit, how can you trust their teachings as beneficial and coming from God? (1 John 2:27; Rom 5:5) (1 Cor 12:4,7; Heb 2:4)
      We’re talking about a multi-million-dollar organization in the earthly spiritual realm that promises to guide you to salvation. (Phil 3:19; Rom 1:25) That’s a big deal! Millions of people depend on it, to lead them in truth; since without truth, we cannot be saved. John 8:32;14:6
      Ask yourself, how can it be done without its leaders’ inspiration from Holy Spirit? On a wing and a prayer, as the saying goes? What leads them, what motivates them, if their hearts are not inspired with truth from Christ? (John 16:13; 2 Pet 3:18) (1 John 4:1; 2 Pet 2:1; Rev 8:11;13:15; 16:13,14)
      I have heard 1 Cor 13:8 used by one of the GB members, as the reason for lack of inspiration among the organization’s leaders:
      “Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with.”
      Has knowledge vanished away during these last days? No. Then, why would prophesy cease? Dan 12:4; Rev 11:1-3
      Consider verse 9,10: 9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; 10 but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with. "
      “That which is complete” has not arrived; thus, prophesy as well as knowledge, has not ceased. John 16:13
      (Consider “Has Prophesy Ceased?”  4womaninthewilderness, Pearl Doxsey) 
      What if, you found a teaching in the history files (there are several, and easy to find) that wasn’t trustworthy; that is, it couldn’t be applied today since it was replaced with another teaching? And, this teaching affected the promise of salvation for thousands of people? Many may have died under that false teaching, going to their grave believing simply, a lie. Would this be any different than a Catholic going to his grave believing in the trinity? A lie is a lie. God or Jesus would not be responsible for the organization giving you faulty instructions, that later had to be scrapped. It falls on the shoulders of men. Isa 2:22 We must admit that it is an abnormal relationship of a spirit inspired organization (“spirit-directed”), to be led by uninspired leaders. John 3:21; 1 John 1:6; Rev 13:11,12,15
      I think you’ll agree that we would never receive bad advice or direction from the Father, because He truly has our best interests at heart. Jer 29:11 So much so, that we received warning from Jesus of false “christs”, false prophets who would come on the scene in the last days to deceive “even the elect”. Matt 24:22-25 Now, the “elect” are the anointed ones, where the majority are gathered presently in the organization. Rev 20:7-9 Would they, as a group, be deceived by false prophets in “Christendom” if they are baptized JWs? Would they, as a group, be 'conquered' spiritually by any false prophets in the world when they are already JWs? Rev 13:7; 9:1-4
      The Bible speaks of an anointed “remnant” coming out of “Babylon”. Zech 2:6,7; Matt 24:15,16; Rev 18:4; 12:14,6 If that remnant is the anointed in the organization that have escaped Babylon, as your leaders teach you, this would indicate there are numerous anointed ones in Christendom who never entered the organization. Do you believe this, JWs?
      The anointed are a remnant, the last group of the “woman’s seed” to face Satan’s final test before the Kingdom arrives. Rev 12:4,15,17 This test is called the “Great Tribulation”. Jer 30:5-7; Matt 24:21,22; Rev 3:10 Deceit is at its helm, since it is Satan’s greatest, most powerful tool to use against God’s people. 2 Thess 2:3,4,9-12
      The Great Tribulation is a spiritual assault by Satan upon the remnant (Rev 12:17; 20:8-10; 16:13-16; 1 Tim 4:1; Luke 21:20-22)
      through the greatest Army that has ever existed [Rev 13:1,4; 11:2; 9:7,10; Luke 22:31; 21:20-22,24; Mark 13:14 – (Num 18:7); Matt 24:15,16]
      It has a deceptive priestly - princely veneer (Jer 7:4,8; Ezek 44:6-9; Rev 9:7; Nahum 3:17) of divine inspiration*** and approval, through endorsement by the false prophet's lying spirit, not by God's spirit! (Rev 13:14,15; 19:20) (Rev 2:2; 2 Cor 11:13-15; 2 Tim 3:5,13; Matt 7:15; 1 Tim 4:1; Rev 16:14,13,15; 19:20; Matt 24:24,25; Rev 13:15--***"breath" -John 2:22).  Pearl Doxsey, “The Great Tribulation, What and Why?” 

DECEIT. How do we conquer deceit? By examining each teaching offered by an anointed one, and comparing it to God’s standards through Jesus Christ - to determine if it is true. Matt 7:20; John 15:5 As humans adjusting our spiritual beliefs, we may easily settle for what feels good, but not always for what is right. This last test is one that should purge our minds and hearts of falsehoods, but not all will submit to God’s pure standards of truth. Dan 12:10; Ps 66:10-12; Mal 3:2-4   Not all will be among the “remnant” to “come out of her, my people”. Rev 18:4-8
      Will you?  Or, are you the naive one who believes every word that comes from leaders who are not "inspired" by the truth of Christ?

Praise Yah!
      I will extol YHVH with all my heart
      in the council of the upright and in the assembly.
      2 Great are the works of YHVH;
      they are pondered by all who delight in them.
      3 Glorious and majestic are His deeds,
      and His righteousness endures forever.
      4 He has caused His wonders to be remembered;
      YHVH is gracious and compassionate.
      5 He provides food for those who fear Him;
      He remembers His covenant forever.
      6 He has shown his people the power of His works,
      giving them the lands of other nations.
      7 The works of His hands are faithful and just;
      all His precepts are trustworthy.
      8 They are established for ever and ever,
      enacted in faithfulness and uprightness.
      9 He provided redemption for His people;
      he ordained His covenant forever—
      holy and awesome is His name.
      10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
      all who follow His precepts have good understanding.
      To Him belongs eternal praise.
      Psalm 111

• By Witness
      How many times have some of us cut off a bruised section of, let’s say an apple, and still enjoyed eating the rest? We know that normally a small bruise doesn’t affect the taste of the apple.    The other day, I had one apple left of any fruit available; one which was clean of bruises, but was just beginning to rot.  I knew this, but felt I could cut off the soft brown blemish and eat the rest, just as I had done with a bruise.  Upon cutting, I could see the rot had traveled into the core, but I diligently scored out the discolored tissue with the hope of enjoying what remained.  The first bite told the story of bitter rottenness.  The unpleasant taste had traveled well through the apple; and yet, I made sure I ate as much as I normally would, all the while questioning why I pushed myself to eat such a terrible tasting piece of fruit.    
      Well, I’ll not be doing that again…ever. When an apple begins to rot, fungus has made its way into the flesh through a puncture in the skin.  It can happen from contaminated water during the harvesting process; and it is true that “one bad apple spoils the whole bunch”, through the off-gassing of the hormone “ethylene”.  An apple infested with fungal mold will spread and contaminate other fruit, looking for another host to grow on; and it successfully accomplishes rotting the whole bunch, all while taking place in the dark. To ripen, an apple needs the light from the sun; to rot and decay – disease and darkness. 
      It seems appropriate that trees are expressed in the Bible as the source of pure teachings, although there are those who are considered bearers of rotten fruit.  It is by their “fruit” that we recognize true or false prophets, or true or false teachers.  So, it is the anointed who are these trees outlined in the scriptures. Ps 1:1-3  Whatever their heart contains will be the nature of the “fruit” they produce and supply to their hearers.  Luke 6:43-45 
      Matt 12:33-37 -  Either make the tree good and its fruit will be good, or make the tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you speak good things when you are evil? For the mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. 35 A good person produces good things from his storeroom of good, and an evil person produces evil things from his storeroom of evil. 36 I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every worthless word they speak. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
      Matt 7:15-20  -  “Be on your guard against false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves. 16 You’ll recognize them by their fruit. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles?17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce bad fruit; neither can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.
      Pearl Doxsey:
      “Trees are only a symbol which represents, teachers.
      If there were no symbolic "trees",
      there would be no witnesses of God, nor offering of spiritual food (knowledge).
      Each tree decides what kind of teacher they will be,
      and what sort of "fruit" they will produce and offer others to "eat".
      God equips them with wisdom so that they can enjoy
      the happiness of giving
      the knowledge of life.
      But God does not force them to produce what He wishes.
      Their mouth will produce fruit according to the abundance of their own heart.
      (Luke 6:45; Matt 12:33-37; 7:20; Heb 13:15; John 1:1,4;8:12;12:46;Prov 11:30;10:11;3:13,18; Eph 5:8-12)

The Bible reveals that Satan's mouth, also bears "fruit"/teachings (Rev 16:13;12:15; Col2:8; 2 Cor 11:3; 1 Tim 6:20,21; Gen 3:4,5; Rev 2:24; James 3:15)

Just as Jesus is "the way" and his teachings are the road to life; Satan's deceptions are the road which leads to destruction (2 Thess 2:9,10; Matt 7:13; Rev 12:9). All of Satan's teachings/"fruit" are lies, darkness, error/sin, and they lead to death John 8:44; Heb 2:14; James 1:15. To take in such teachings is to be deceived. Eve herself obtained this falsely-called knowledge (Gen 3:13; 1 Tim 6:20; James 3:15) which resulted in her death (Rom 5:12; Gen 2:17). 
      (From “Two Trees”, 4womaninthewilderness)
      Dear JWs, the phrase, “new light” which is assigned to new Watchtower teachings, is a twist of scripture to hide the rotten blemishes on the “fruit” your “trees” have produced for over a century. (to get a more comprehensive understanding of Prov 4:18 , read Prov 4:10-19)  The “new” apple looks perfect at first glance, until you take the time to examine it thoroughly and find the beginning evidence of decay.  You have a choice not to eat rotten “fruit; in fact, Jesus expects you to examine all teachings by anointed ones. It is only men who expect you to gratefully accept their time-tested rotten offerings.   2 Cor 11:19,20; Rev 13:11,14-17  From what many of us have experienced, we realize the majority of Watchtower’s teachings are rotten to the “core” of its existence. If you have not done so, I hope you search for the list of failed dates of Armageddon’s arrival, which affected other time-table dates and doctrine associated with them, such as the meaning of “this generation”.  1 John 4:1  
      Can you imagine Jesus offering “fruit” with any source of disease or blemish to his listeners, while he was on the earth? James 3:17
      He told his disciples:  “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—FRUIT THAT WILL LAST—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.”  John 15:16
      Would this be possible without the light of life from the Son?  John 1:1,4;8:12  
       “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light— 9 for the fruit of the light consists of all goodness, righteousness, and truth -  10 testing what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Don’t participate in the fruitless works of darkness, but instead expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to mention what is done by them in secret.  Eph 5:8-12
      JWs, would you say your leaders’ “fruit” concerning the many historical changes to “this generation” ripened in the light of Christ, or did each new version emerge from the same diseased bunch, harboring mold in some dark WT cellar? It is a fact that many fruitless, worthless teachings have been tossed out by the organization. Titus 1:15,16  Will there be more?  The Bible states “Wormwood’s” waters contaminate true teachings and mislead many with a corrupted form of “nourishing food”. Heb 12:15; Rev 8:10,11;16:13   Please, put the pieces together; through my own experience, I perceived that what they offer you as “good fruit” is already riddled with disease, spawned in the dark recesses of evil men’s hearts.  Isa 28:14,15,7,8; Eph 2:1-3 
      1 Tim 6:20,21:  “Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding irreverent and empty speech and contradictions from what is falsely called knowledge. 21 By professing it, some people have departed from the faith.”
      2 Thess 2:9,10:  “The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan’s working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,10 and with every wicked deception among those who are perishing. They perish because they did not accept the love of the truth and so be saved.”

Consider Pearl Doxsey’s article  – “Wormwood/The False Prophet/Armageddon”, 4womaninthewilderness

• By Witness
      Ps 119:30 – “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”
      Dear JWs,
      Can an idol hear the words of God?  Idolatry is sourced in the spirit of the world, where Satan wields his authority. 1 John 5:19  An idol cannot speak the words of God, aiding others to reach the light of understanding and truth.   John 17:17 
      An idol has no compassion toward those in need, extending its hand to comfort the afflicted and those suffering in sorrow; fully able to sense their needs.   It cannot comprehend the examples of love and compassion we have in Christ.  Matt 11:28-30   
      If an idol is unable to hear and speak the Word of God in Christ, then surely we know it can never walk in the path of Christ, or shine the light of truth when under the power of the wicked one.    1 Sam 12:21; Ps 119:1-5
      Can an earthly fabrication, run by men, EVER bring salvation to ANYONE who joins it?  And what if it does purport to be the way to salvation; can those who represent it, hear, speak, and walk in the Word of God and the path of Christ?  No.  It would be an act of rebellion to assign salvation to anything other than the name that scripture declares as our salvation. Its leaders would be false teachers, appearing as “ministers of light”, “holding to a form of godliness, although having denied its power”.   Ps 18:2; Acts 4:12; 2 Cor 11:13-15; 2 Tim 3:5   
       Yes, idolatry IS an act of rebellion against God.  Ezek 20:8;Ps 78:58  
      How do you feel about the following proclamation by your leaders, JWs?
      Watchtower 1981/11/15:  “come to Jehovah’s ORGANIZATION for SALVATION”   pg 16-21 par 18
      “There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths.” Job 24:13
      If we take another fork in the Watchtower’s twisted road to “salvation”, what do your leaders say?
      Watchtower 90/11/1 p. 26 – “We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry – be it worshipful gestures toward an IMAGE OR SYMBOL or the imputing of SALVATION to a PERSON or an ORGANIZATION. 
      Please, think about this the next time you view an exJW as an “apostate”.  Do you know that the most threatening “apostates” to the organization are those who have turned fully to God and Christ?  Why?  They do not hide their “lamp” under a basket, but speak the Word of God boldly for all of you to hear.  The Word of God is truth, which exposes the Watchtower’s idolatrous identity.  Luke 11:33; Rev 11:1-3; 13:1,5,11,14-17  
      There is no need to return to “Jehovah’s organization”, since it is, according to the above Watchtower quote, an IDOL.  Those who desire to walk in the light of Christ, seek out the pure words of God, untainted by men, their decrees and twisted reasoning.  They have come to know that the Father does not stand on equal ground with an organization, but He alone is our Rock and our fortress.  Isa 46:5; 42:8; 2:7-10  
      They have found the true God. They have returned to pure worship. Isa 57:13; Ps 24:3,4
      Watchtower 1953/3/1 p. 143:  “Ask yourself now, Did Christ Jesus, who set our example and told us to follow his example to gain life, join any church ORGANIZATION in his day?  No.  GOD DOES NOT REQUIRE US TO DO THAT; but he requires us to worship him…  We have the Bible to show us the right way.  CERTAINLY IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR A PERSON TO BECOME A MEMBER OF A CHURCH TO GAIN EVERLASTING LIFE.”
      Who then, is the apostate?  One who stays clear of worldly organizations and worships in “spirit and truth”, or is it you, and your leaders who have rebelled against God by glorifying “Jehovah’s organization”?    Please, reject the Watchtower Idol, JWs.  As with all idols, this one is destined to topple soon.  John 4:23,24  

Psalm 115:
      Not to us, YHVH, not to us,
      but to Your name give glory
      because of Your faithful love, because of Your truth.
      2 Why should the nations say,
      “Where is their God?” 
      3 Our God is in heaven
      and does whatever He pleases.
      4 Their idols are silver and gold,
      made by human hands.
      5 They have mouths but cannot speak,
      eyes, but cannot see.
      6 They have ears but cannot hear,
      noses, but cannot smell.
      7 They have hands but cannot feel,
      feet, but cannot walk.
      They cannot make a sound with their throats.

8 Those who make them are just like them,
      as are all who trust in them.
      9 House of Israel, trust in YHVH!
      He is their help and shield.

10 House of Aaron, trust in YHVH!

11 You who fear the Lord, trust in YHVH!

12 The Lord remembers us and will bless us.
      He will bless the house of Israel;
      he will bless the house of Aaron;
      13 he will bless those who fear the Lord—
      small and great alike.
      14 May the Lord add to your numbers,
      both yours and your children’s.
      15 May you be blessed by the Lord,
      the Maker of heaven and earth.
      16 The heavens are the Lord’s heavens
      but the earth he has given to the children of men.

17 It is not the dead who praise the Lord,
      nor any of those descending into the silence of death.
      18 But we will bless the Lord,
      both now and forever.
      Praise the Lord!

Pearl Doxsey 
          "Can the Watchtower Crumble?"
          "Who is the False Prophet that Gives Breath to the Image of the Beast?"

• By Bible Speaks
      Jehovah Does Not Tolerate Hypocritical Worship! 
      “As regards Jehovah, hiseyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.”—2 CHRONICLES 16:9.
      Such as one who deliberately puts up a front, feigning obedience while practicing        sin in secret 
      32 "For Jehovah detests a devious person, But His close friendship is with the upright." (Proverbs 3:32) NWT  jw.org 

• By The Librarian
      Adams Karl - Witnesses to the Salvation By Our God.mp3
      Agape!
      @The Librarian
    • By Brother Rando
      Praised be {Jehovah} the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, (1 Peter 1:3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, (John 17:1)  This means everlasting life, their coming to know YOU, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (John 17:3)  I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word. (John 17:6)  I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:22)  Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. ?I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” (John 17:25-26)
      You must pray, then, this way: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. ?Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.” (Matthew 6:9-10)  Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; ?whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it. (Matthew 17:13-14)  Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:32)  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)  Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)  No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,and I will resurrect him on the last day. (John 6:44)
      “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.” 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      And then compare Chuck Schumer's fake tears vs. his voice years earlier.

• By Jack Ryan
      Nicolas King frequently sings with the Watchtower Chorus and had a supporting role in the DVD released at the 2014 convention. (He's on the bottom row, second from the right.)

But he also is a jazz singer, traveling constantly performing at concerts, casinos, charity events, even a brief appearance on The Tonight Show. (Not much time left for service and meetings, now is there?) Besides that, he's hobnobbing with loads of worldly people, showing off on his Facebook page.

So why is Sergei from the convention video not allowed to play his violin, but Nicolas can pursue his worldly career and get rewarded for it by the organization?
    • By Jack Ryan
      I: SOME RELEVANT QUOTES FROM WATCHTOWER PUBLICATIONS
      1: The position of the Watchtower as regards smoking

2: Watchtower criticism of the Catholic Church's involvement in the tobacco business

3: Watchtower quote on whether a Jehovah's Witness can be involved in selling cigarettes

4: Quote regarding not investing in "unethical" enterprises

II: THE HENRIETTA M. RILEY TRUST.
      The H M Riley Trust is a U.S. trust that has the Watchtower Society as the sole beneficiary. Basically, it is a vehicle to make income for the Watchtower, using assets left by Henrietta Riley. The income generated by the trust is transferred to the Watchtower by means of a "donation". For the year ended April 30, 2002, the trust generated income of $1,740,127 and donated $1,945,645 to the Watchtower. In comparison, for the 2001 year the trust generated $2,939,731 in income, and donated $3,285,050 to the Watchtower. The difference between income and expenditure is made up by realising gains on the assets held.
      The income of the trust is from two main sources. The majority is from "oil and gas royalties." The trust also has almost $2 million of investments in various stocks and other vehicles.
      Figure 1: Front page of HM Riley Trust form 990, year ended April 30, 2002
      Figure 2: Second page of form 990, HM Riley Trust year ended April 30, 2002, showing primary purpose as "support Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society"
      As part of the annual return of the trust, schedules are attached giving details of the trust's investment income, and investment assets held at the year end. There are a variety of corporate stocks that have been traded and held, in such companies as Exxon Mobil, Coca Cola, Barclay's, JDS Uniphase and (ironically) Proctor and Gamble. It is a long list. However, here is an extract of the 2002 listing of stocks held:
      Figure 3: Extract of investment listing of HM Riley Trust, April 30, 2002
      One name that jumps out from the list above: Philip Morris Companies Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturers of cigarettes and tobacco products. Philipmorris.com states:
      III: CONCLUSION.
      The initial quotes showed clearly that the Watchtower regards smoking as an unchristian activity. Indeed, smoking is a disfellowshipping offence for a Jehovah's Witness. A Jehovah's Witness is also not permitted to be employed in the tobacco industry, even to the extent of working at the cigarette serving counter of a store. There can be no doubt that if an individual Jehovah's Witness invested in the cigarette industry, the Watchtower would consider this an unchristian type of investment.
      Yet, a trust which exists for the primary reason of generating income for the Watchtower, invests in a cigarette company. While the amount of the investment is small, it is not the amount that is the issue, but the principle: the Watchtower Society will benefit from an investment made in the tobacco industry.
      They will do this knowingly, because if I can get hold of this information, do you really think that the Watchtower Society doesn't have a copy of these very same documents? And while the objection could be made that it is not actually the Watchtower Society itself making the investment, but just receiving the cash, is this a valid defence? If they know that the money is from a source they have condemned as unchristian, are they not hypocritical in receiving it? Remember that the sole purpose of this trust is to generate income for the Watchtower.
      In fact, here is another example of the Watchtower's hypocrisy in matters of principle. That which they condemn other religions for, and restrict their individual followers from, becomes acceptable when it results in $$$ for the Watchtower Society itself.
      From their own lips:

via Expatbrit
    • By Bible Speaks
      Regular Pioneers in Tugatog congregation Meycauayan, Bulacan, Philippines…
      Photo by jw.w

• By Jack Ryan
      I was reading this week's study article on remaining loyal to Jah. Found an interesting contradiction on shunning. They cite two experiences. In one a JW shuns her mom and her example is posted as a positive one of someone doing the right thing. The second example however of a JW being shunned by his non-JW family is labeled as an injustice. Here's first one:

So, the example above demonstrates the supposed loyal faith of a daughter that refused to talk to the woman that gave birth to her, raised her and surely sacrificed so much for her. This, the Watchtower claims, is an example of love and loyalty. Now let's see the second example cited in the same article in a latter paragraph:

In this example, the non-JW family members were cruel, because they "opposed his association" and "forbid him to visit them for years". Yet, isn't this exactly what the JW daughter from the first experience was doing to her mother? only in reverse?
      - Sanchy
    • By Jack Ryan
      I've seen a few JW's who are currently in good standing with photos at rap concerts and local bars with other non-witnesses and sometimes even a few other JW's.
      I don't like confrontation nor do I have the time to track down which congregation they go to or the addresses on where to send photos.
      Is there a way we could submit photos on here so that local elder bodies could follow up and disfellowship them?
      Sort of a JW wikileaks to clean out hypocrites?
      What do you think of the idea?
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RonTon
    Newest Member
    RonTon

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.