The World News Media

NOURISHING SPIRITUAL FOOD REVISITED - THE "TRUE VINE", CHRIST

Witness

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”  1 John 4:1

Jesus gave us complete directions on how to do “test the spirits”.  Notice what Jesus said:

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  Every branch in me that does not produce fruit he removes, and he prunes every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce more fruit. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, neither can you unless you remain in me I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without me.

My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be my disciples.”  John 15:5,8

This “fruit” that Jesus speaks of, is the teaching of pure, clean truth.  It cannot be a “present truth” or a past truth, or a “let’s suppose” type of truth, or “evidently” a truth.  It is sourced in the vine, the Head of the anointed Body. Eph 5:23; Col 1:18  

Can we be fooled into thinking that all anointed priests are attached to the vine of Christ?  In my years in the organization, I was greatly fooled.  In fact, these scriptures held little deep meaning for me.  I simply believed that “nourishing spiritual food” was made available in the form of magazines and oral presentations; and I could count on the governing body to provide this food, which was then dispersed by the elder body.  What I didn’t realize, is that the word, “truth” became generalized, all-encompassing, by including the opinions of men that became “doctrine”.   

This is not what Jesus meant when he said, “bear much fruit”.  The opinions and doctrine of men cannot bring us life.  Only the Holy Spirit that flows through the vine, is life-giving.

Jesus is the TRUE "vine"...those anointed in union with him, are the "branches" (John 15:4,5). 
What they receive from Jesus (the "nourishing sap" -Rom 11:17; Rev 22:16), is holy spirit (Rom 5:5). 
The branches are to express that spirit (Luke 5:45), as God (the "vine's cultivator -John 15:1) has determined and distributed (1 Cor 12:4,11,18,28; 7:7; Eph 4:7; Heb 2:4).  

Those branches are then expected to produce fruit (John 15:2,6; Matt 7:19; Gal 5:22,25; Eph 4:29,12,16; Luke 6:45,44)...which include sayings of life... fruit which is filled with that living water/holy spirit sourced in Christ, the true vine (Rev 22:17). Those who eat the fruit of the true vine and it's true branches, will live!
This is why, not only is Christ the Tree of Life,
his 144000 also are (Rev 22:1,2; John 13:20).

So, when God's spirit is sent out into the earth (in order to examine hearts, give understanding, provide life, judge, etc.), it is channeled through the person of Jesus Christ. He is the mediator between God and man (including Adam) (1 Tim 2:5,6,4), even back in Eden   (John 1:1-4,18) (Gen 3:8). 

(Pearl Doxsey – “The Garden of Eden/New Creation/Seven Spirits/Tree of Life/The true Vine, 4womaninthewilderness)

If religious leaders deceive us by saying truth includes men’s theories and doctrine, and with it expectations to uphold any and all teachings, we most certainly should conclude their teachings are not “sound”. We may surmise that another vine exists with branches producing an abundant deadly fruit, source in another spirit – the spirit of deception.  2 Tim 4:3,4; Titus 2:7,8; 2 Thess 2:9-12 

Pearl’s words:     Wine is a product of the "vine" (see John 15:5,16; Heb 13:15). Yes, without Jesus Christ the true vine...sending Holy Spirit to those branches that remain "in union" with him (John 15:5B; 1 John 2:28) there will be no "fruit" (Matt 7:20,17; 12:33,35,37; John 7:16-18).

That spiritual fruit produced (teachings, sayings)
and it's wine (fruit made ready for spiritual ingestion)
are the end product of Holy Spirit being poured out upon anointed prophets
(1 John 2:20,27; John 16:13; Exod 4:12; Matt 10:20; Rev 11:3,4; Zech 4:14; Mark 9:4).

That wine can be fine truths sourced in God's holy spirit...
or the false prophets who bear rotten fruit (Matt 7:15,16; 12:33,34; John 7:18). The false prophets will offer poisonous wine...doctrines leading to death (Jer 2:21; Deut 32:33,32; Ps 140:3; Rom 3:13).

God tells us the future of these anointed who leave the "True Vine" Christ, in order to mislead for the profit of their own power and glory(John 7:18A; Jer 25:30,29; Rev 18:3,4; 14:18,19)   These forbid partaking of the True "olive oil and the wine" (Rev 6:6; 13:17). 

The scriptures tell us of another vine where the branches are leaders and priests who have left the “True Vine” Christ. 

Deut 32:28,29,32,33:

Israel is a nation lacking sense
with no understanding at all.
 If only they were wise, they would comprehend this;
they would understand their fate.

For their vine is from the vine of Sodom
and from the fields of Gomorrah.
Their grapes are poisonous;
their clusters are bitter.
Their wine is serpents’ venom,
the deadly poison of cobras.

The Bible speaks of spiritual “Israel” today as also a nation “without sense”, drunk on the poisonous wine of wayward teachings.  Heb 12:15; Rev 8:11;  Jer 51:7; Rev 18:3  Its fruit produced, is according to the wishes of men in a “city” compared to “Sodom and Egypt”. Gen 13:13; Isa 1:2,10; Rev 11:7,8

What comes from eating fruit from a branch of a vine other than Christ?  Freedom?  No, the scriptures say that this fruit is offered with a price; slavery and oppression with no chance of compromising without losing all that one may have known. Luke 21:24; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10; Matt 24:15; 2 Thess 2:4; Rev 9:3-5,10; 13:6,7,15

However, should any of us compromise when it comes to living truth?  John 17:17 

“Calling the crowd along with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone wants to follow after me, let him deny himself, take up his stake, and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of me and the gospel will save it.  For what does it benefit someone to gain the whole world and yet lose his life?  What can anyone give in exchange for his life?  For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”  Mark 8:34-38

The Bible tells us that this city is steeped in harlotry, where God and “organization” rival for one’s devotion and service. Isa 1:21; 2 Cor 6:14,15; Rev 17:1,2; Rev 13:11,15,4  Jesus cleanses and restores a repentant remnant who perceive the distinction between the vine of Sodom leading to darkness and death, and the true vine of life in Christ. Rev 3:18,19; Isa 1:25-17; Mal 3:3; Rev 18:4-8    Rev 3:18,19; Isa 1:25-17; Mal 3:3; Rev 18:4-8 

Israel is a lush vine;
it yields fruit for itself.
The more his fruit increased,
the more he increased the altars.
The better his land produced,
the better they made the sacred pillars.
Their hearts are devious;
now they must bear their guilt.
The Lord will break down their altars
and demolish their sacred pillars.

In fact, they are now saying,
“We have no king!
For we do not fear the Lord.
What can a king do for us?”
They speak mere words,
taking false oaths while making covenants.
So lawsuits break out
like poisonous weeds in the furrows of a field.

I will discipline them at my discretion;
nations will be gathered against them
to put them in bondage
for their double iniquity.

The high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, (Aven definition, “Bethel and its calf worship”)
will be destroyed;
thorns and thistles will grow over their altars.
They will say to the mountains, “Cover us!”
and to the hills, “Fall on us!”

Sow righteousness for yourselves
and reap faithful love;
break up your unplowed ground.
It is time to seek the Lord
until he comes and sends righteousness
on you like the rain.

13 You have plowed wickedness and reaped injustice;
you have eaten the fruit of lies.
Because you have trusted in your own way
and in your large number of soldiers  Hos 10:1-4,12,13

Truth-Test.jpg

Awake later.jpg

• Views 197
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”  1 John 4:1 Jesus gave us complete directi

For the ear tests words    as the tongue tastes food. - Job 34:3 But WTJWORG, to prevent testing of human's doctrines in JW religion gave "Fatherly advice"; You must obey all instructions w

An elder told my son once that obeying the “slave” no matter what is taught, is a means to an end. What is the end?  A good reputation with God?  Eternal life?   How does one receive life from bl

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Witness said:

If religious leaders deceive us by saying truth includes men’s theories and doctrine, and with it expectations to uphold any and all teachings, we most certainly should conclude their teachings are not “sound”. We may surmise that another vine exists with branches producing an abundant deadly fruit, source in another spirit – the spirit of deception.  2 Tim 4:3,4; Titus 2:7,8; 2 Thess 2:9-12 

For the ear tests words
    as the tongue tastes food. - Job 34:3

But WTJWORG, to prevent testing of human's doctrines in JW religion gave "Fatherly advice";

You must obey all instructions we tell you to do, even if you have questions about them and even if that not sound reasonable according to your understanding and your conscience. You must trust GB because JHVH and Jesus trust them. You must avoid all and everything we don't authorized and approved.

What a trap! What a fraud! 

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

For the ear tests words
    as the tongue tastes food. - Job 34:3

But WTJWORG, to prevent testing of human's doctrines in JW religion gave "Fatherly advice";

You must obey all instructions we tell you to do, even if you have questions about them and even if that not sound reasonable according to your understanding and your conscience. You must trust GB because JHVH and Jesus trust them. You must avoid all and everything we don't authorized and approved.

What a trap! What a fraud! 

An elder told my son once that obeying the “slave” no matter what is taught, is a means to an end.

What is the end?  A good reputation with God?  Eternal life?   How does one receive life from blind doctrine and made up rules such as, “counting time” in the ministry?  What does that prove, but that the organization needs to tweak things here and there to stay afloat? 

This poor elder struggles against his very conscience of what is right and what is wrong.  He chooses the wrong, thinking he will be rewarded by his obedience to men who have convinced him that they are appointed by God. 

It is so disheartening.  When would God ever expect us to listen to lies?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.