The World News Media

JW's: How do you feel about being told that you MUST wear your badge even when out to dinner at night with your family after a convention?

Jack Ryan

Guest Indiana

13 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

Unless...... 🤔🤔🤔 Unless.... You are part of some Police Department of some city or county that yeah, 100% you better have that badge on deck lol. People gotta know you are one of the boys in blue jaja

😂 😂Then convention attendants wearing badgets shouldn't visit McDonalds 

https://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-worker-fired-paramedic-refused-service-1452268

Sunstar paramedic Anthony Quinn said the fast food worker in Madeira Beach, Florida, refused to serve him and his colleague after telling both of them that "we don't serve your kind here."

Quinn discussed the incident in a post on Facebook. "I walk into McDonald's just to use the bathroom and an employee goes we don't accept officers in here," he wrote.

"I tell her I'm not an officer. She then says anyone with a badge. Then says it to my partner as he walks in to order food, says we don't serve your kind here.

"Just insane how people are," Quinn added.

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jack Ryan said:How do you feel about being told that you MUST wear your badge even when out to dinner at night with your family after a convention? Never happened yet. But if it did, I would tak

Does wearing a badge determine if one is on the path of righteousness?  Do you remember the cross and crown on the early Watchtower magazines?  It is a Masonic symbol that can be worn as a pin.  Would

The Brothers in Mexico, specifically, the Sierra Madre Mountains had the same problem with badges we have ... people expected to see them all the time. We don't need no stinking badges!.mp4

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Indiana said:

😂 😂Then convention attendants wearing badgets shouldn't visit McDonalds 

https://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-worker-fired-paramedic-refused-service-1452268

Sunstar paramedic Anthony Quinn said the fast food worker in Madeira Beach, Florida, refused to serve him and his colleague after telling both of them that "we don't serve your kind here."

Quinn discussed the incident in a post on Facebook. "I walk into McDonald's just to use the bathroom and an employee goes we don't accept officers in here," he wrote.

"I tell her I'm not an officer. She then says anyone with a badge. Then says it to my partner as he walks in to order food, says we don't serve your kind here.

"Just insane how people are," Quinn added.

Or wearing a suit in some clothing stores. You can easily be mistaken for an employee.

The Watchtower never gives orders. They suggest; then suggest; then suggest. And if the suggestion is not followed, then the elders suggest; then suggest; then suggest. And if this is not enough, the Circuit Overseer will come to make a speech in which he will suggest; then he will suggest; then he will suggest.

Until all witnesses follow suggestion. And if then a JW arrives who does not follow the suggestion, he will be strongly suggested by the elders who will tell to him that it is important to follow suggestions,  which at this point will no longer be suggestions, but laws.

The PERFECT example of this is this Weekend's Watchtower Study, paragraphs 15 and 16 , on pages 6 and 7 of the  June, 2019 Issue.

The question for those two paragraphs is advice for perhaps 9 MILLION  JWs and students is:

15-16. What do you learn from the experience of one sister?

It's all about "plausible deniability"

I was going to answer that experiences are as varied as there are people, but I had already answered paragraph 7 .... and this sister sounds like a mental anxiety filled emotional wreck (you will have to read the paragraphs ... I suggest you sit down and put on a seat belt before you start ...), and that at Bethel there is a small army of Lawyers with advanced degrees, Dentists and Doctors with advanced degrees, and the whole place was built by Architects, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Computer Engineers, ALL with degrees and licensed by the State of New York.

People that normally make from $85 to $115 an hour ... as EMPLOYEES!

But the only thing you and I need to know is the phrase " .... you want fries with that?'", and hope your parents live to be 95 years old so you can live in their basement and possibly inherit their house .... if they do not will it to the Society, and have you thrown out when they sell it.

We have elderly sisters in our congregation that have NO FRONT TEETH, because they cannot afford the repairs. I was mentioning to her that advice is like eating a lobster, you have to pick and choose what to eat, and what to throw away, and when I was 42 years old, I had never eaten a lobster, and after five beers, someone served me a lobster at a restaurant.  I had NO IDEA about eating a lobster, and started at the head.

BAD IDEA.

VERY BAD IDEA.

She looked up at me with age and poverty deeply etched into her face, with no front teeth, and said she had never eaten a lobster, or a crab.

What I had intended as a funny anecdote, turned out to be a sad reason for tears.

Mine.

I can't believe this experience is true. It must be the same as the so-called experiences heard in speeches at conventions.
I believe that brothers should have fun inventing facts. In 2019, while there is no longer work for anyone, the Watchtower is still discouraging studies and thus building an army of future unemployed who will live on welfare.

The experiences I just related are entirely true, without embellishment.

The Lobster story happened to me in 1980 in Portland Oregon.

The conversation with the Sisters ( three on a bench, waiting for someone to bring cars closer to the front door, ) happened YESTERDAY, about 2:45 PM, after the Watchtower Study at the Kingdom Hall, just outside the front door.

Oh ... I THINK I just realized that you might be talking about Paragraphs 15 and 16 of the Watchtower.

I am well familiar with the "fantasy Parables" that are constantly portrayed in the Watchtower.

These are Parables, and "composite experiences", and things made up from thin air.

I have only seen them correctly labeled ONE TIME, about a year ago, in my half century of reading them.