The World News Media

"WATCHTOWER APPEALS TO THE SUPREME COURT"

Witness

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

James would you be kind enough to give me 10 good reasons why you are still one of them ? 

The person in black at the right side of my wife (Green bathing costume) who was about to be baptized, was himself a baptised brother who even endured two years of detention at military barracks in Pretoria during the early seventies. I was among those welcoming him back.

On return to the congregation in Southern Wood East London, South Africa he did an about turn in a letter to the local Daily Dispatch newspaper apologising to the people he called on during his field ministry, for spreading false good news. He felt that the elders who refused to attend to the needs of people on the outside, or something to that nature. I wasn't present when that particular meeting. He became politically involved, often submitting letters to the Daily DIspatch.

Honey about to be baptised.JPG

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any data that an organization keeps with respect to a policy or prior practice is always considered fair game in a lawsuit, because these lawsuits seek to find out whether the prior practice matched t

From John Redwood... A preview of upcoming news: Jehovah's Witnesses are appealing to the Supreme Court of the United States, but this time it has nothing to do with preaching or saluting th

Witness: I am deeply ashamed for the reputation of Jehovah, and the Brotherhood that the Governing Body has Lawyers that will spare no effort, time, and money to PERVERT Justice. I wish you

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

James would you be kind enough to give me 10 good reasons why you are still one of them ? 

I have given my reasons before on this forum at great length ....

In one sentence ... it is the ONLY "game in town" ... and I do not have unrealistic expectations about what humans are capable of doing as regards righteousness.

I am a retired Engineer, and I recognize when machines are operated beyond their design capacity.

This is also true of ALL people.

There are NO exceptions.

Reality is what it is .... not what we WISH it was.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In one sentence ... it is the ONLY "game in town" ... and I do not have unrealistic expectations about what humans are capable of doing as regards righteousness.

The only game in town in Jesus’ day, which was equally corrupt, was destroyed.  If the apostles held to your philosophy, where would any of us be now?  2 Cor 6:14,16,17; Rev 18:4-8

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The Governing Body CANNOT be fired by anyone on Earth.

...and they know it!

Not without God "putting it into their hearts" - into the hearts of the elder body to act on behalf of their "Beast"/organization.

Rev 17:15-17

Rev 17:12-14

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have given my reasons before on this forum at great length ....

I am a retired Engineer, and I recognize when machines are operated beyond their design capacity.

This is also true of ALL people.

There are NO exceptions.

Reality is what it is .... not what we WISH it was.

I'll give you one rude word for that comment James, Bullshit. I do not normally swear on here but your comment is just an excuse. 

The comment also shows a lack of faith in Almighty God. 

Remembering that the JW Org is nothing like the Nation of Israel. In that Nation most people were born into it and had to live under the LAW.  In JW Org most people are NOT born into it, they are volunteers. They, supposedly, want to be there. 

So what you should have is 8.5 million people willing to serve God properly in what SHOULD BE an inspired organisation, led by inspired Anointed brothers. 

By saying that the GB / JW Org / Watchtower Soc 'are operated beyond their design capacity,'  you are saying that it is not God's organisations and not inspired or even guided by God's Holy Spirit. 

So how does it make it 'the only game in town', when it's not even in the running ? 

It would have to be God's chosen Organisation, being inspired / guided / run by God's Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ, who would be operating through willing, humble,  God fearing, true, honest human servants.  

Oh dear multi fail by JW Org. 

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It makes no sense to you because you have missed the point tht Baptism to God and Christ is what is in the person's heart ....the fact that Witnesses are DELIBERATELY kept ignorant OF THE  CORPORATE LOYALTY OATH, that they are ALSO swearing fealty to a Corporation excuses their ignorance, completely.  Not every soldier is a John Rambo.

What makes no sense to me is that you have evaded my question. If you have peered into the deeper things of God and have decided that those running the show are frauds, why do you come to the meetings that they sponsor, as you must have for them to give you any grief.

Witness runs a fine shop that she operates out of Facebook. Why don’t you go there?

9 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

What makes no sense to me is that you have evaded my question. If you have peered into the deeper things of God and have decided that those running the show are frauds, why do you come to the meetings that they sponsor, as you must have for them to give you any grief.

Witness runs a fine shop that she operates out of Facebook. Why don’t you go there?

Perhaps James is a spy. 

6 hours ago, Anna said:
11 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Perhaps James is a spy. 

Yes, his last name is Bond

This is why I prefer to be called just "Rook", (no first or middle name), or JTR ... to keep from being identified with the Apostle James, which would be a stretch of multi-dimensional proportions .... or with Sean Connery , the only REAL James Bond ...... I mean .... besides the Ornithologist ( Bird Watcher, for those in Rio Linda ...) named James Bond, from whom Ian Fleming  the author and creator of the James Bond Character took the name., who wrote several  books on birds that impressed Ian Fleming, also a bird watcher ... ....

Why do you think I got 18 chickens?

They are birds, and a lot cheaper than parrots.

L-TO-R TOMMY, ME, YANNICK  .jpg

Left to right .... 006, 007, 009

Super Chicken Intro.mp4

TTH made the comment, "Witness runs a fine shop that she operates out of Facebook. Why don’t you go there?"

I remember as a JW frequently hearing “you receive free, give free”, based on Matt 10:8  I thought that was what I was doing, freely spreading “good news” from the Bible,  which was really the GB’s slant on the good news. I also realized I paid for the “privilege” to spread this news to others. (This is why JWs state they are so proud to be a JW.  It is a privilege to be one)  I paid for this presumed privilege , through my devotion, loyalty, and servitude I gave to the organization.  Being a JW comes with a price – total commitment and obedience to men. Rom 6:16; 1 Cor 7:23; Gal 1:10  Once a member realizes nothing comes free under that environment, and stops paying into this organization, they lose all they have invested in it…family, friends, and their life as they knew it.  Rev 13:15

This type of spiritual commerce is so far removed from the teachings of Jesus.  It is a commerce of buying and selling spiritual food dressed up in a pretty package, but which comes with a temporary shelf life. The expiration date is unknown, until a new and improved product comes into the “marketplace”.  What a surprise to find out that what you had been eating all along, could make you spiritually ill.  Jer 23:16

After making a whip out of cords, he drove everyone out of the temple with their sheep and oxen. He also poured out the money changers’ coins and overturned the tables. 16 He told those who were selling doves, “Get these things out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a marketplace!” (“a house of business”)  John 2:15,16

He went into the temple and began to throw out those who were selling 46 and he said, “It is written, my house will be a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves!” Luke 19:45,46

WT is all about “business” in every sense of the word. Their leaders’ first and foremost concern is not the members; otherwise they would be “inspired” by Holy Spirit and producing its fruitage, fruit that would “last”. Gal 5:22-26; John 15:16 Their concerns are members who are willing to give monetarily, physically, and mentally to support and build for WT, and work all aspects of their business.  It has to do with land holdings, and investments that support the idol that they must keep alive.  Rev 13:4

Perhaps JWs feel they have a “fine shop” to buy their spiritual food from, but every aspect of the provision of this spiritual fruit, is corrupt. Matt 7:17,18  This is why Jesus sends his servants in the last days to “go to the lost sheep of Israel” – stated two verses before Matt 10:8 . Rev 11:1-3  “Israel”, the Temple of God/anointed ones is found in this “house of business”, the house of “buying and selling”. Rev 13:7  The spiritual Temple of God has been corrupted by a false prophet and organization of elders, who regulates all food JWs “eat”. Matt 24:48-51  The Temple is over-run by “thieves” that are stealing not only from them, but from all JWs. They are stealing what could have been spiritual food that these Temple members could offer as a unified body under one Head, Jesus. 

In the same chapter of Matthew, Jesus said “When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. For truly I tell you, you will not have gone through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

The anointed and all who have lost their life for rejecting the organization by listening and adhering to Christ’s words, have gained “life” through Christ’s spiritual provisions offered through his servants he sends.  John 13:20; Matt 17:11   There is no “buying and selling”, no time sheets, no dedication made to an organization, no “back room” of judgment. It is spiritual food, offered with no strings attached.   Yet, the “good news” is being preached to whom it must be preached; “Israel” and all “leaving the city” – ex-JWs who know that truth can be found.  Luke 14:21; 17:26-37

The Watchtower tells its members that it prefers to concentrate on the pure,  simple teachings of the Bible. What they don’t capitalize on any longer, is the understanding of the Marriage Feast of the Lamb and when it occurs.  Matt 25:1-12   They do have this to say,

Discreet, prepared virgins (vs. 2)—Anointed Christians who are prepared to carry out their assignment faithfully and who shine as illuminators until the end (Php 2:15)

What would that assignment be?  To follow the “wicked slave”, shining as illuminators for false christs who have deceived them already?  Matt 24:24

Foolish virgins (vs. 8)—Anointed Christians who go out to meet the Bridegroom but who do not remain watchful and do not maintain their integrity   mwb 18 March p. 17

That’s it.  Nothing there about what the foolish virgins do to keep from entering the Marriage Feast.  Yet, its fulfillment has arrived.  The “foolish virgins” buy “oil”, a spirit, from a “wicked slave” – too fearful to stand up against men and their worthless fodder they have to offer. Col 3:24  The “wise virgins” listen to Christ and receive the “food” necessary to carry them through to the Kingdom.  They share it, with all who desire to listen.  They have the integrity to give up their lives to search and receive, truth from Christ.   

All…who leave the city, are invited to this Feast. 

Well, BTK46, I personally do not think we have much to fear from external enemies .... if we are doing things  that are correct ... they have no case at all . 

All sane, reasonable people know this.

The fact of the matter is this ... day by day, in the eyes of the World, Jehovah's Witnesses are losing what credibility we USED to have, with general nuttiness .... and the Governing Body, in it's self aggrandizing attempts at damage control, are day by day, losing THEIR credibility, except with the slowest, the dull, and the trusting.

They are their OWN worst enemy.

With all the real good that they do in directing the preaching of the Good News, the drivel that they add chases just as many people away, as the Truth attracts.

When you have the TRUTH ... we would not have to knock on THEIR doors ... they would be knocking on OUR doors.

The general impression is that we dress well, are fine people, but are bat-crap crazy.

dONATIONS bOX.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.