The World News Media

Attorneys filing lawsuits in King's County Supreme Court against eight members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses for alleged child sexual abuse claims.

Jack Ryan

Lawsuits Alleging Child Sexual Abuse Against Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Members to Be Announced

Attorneys are expected on Monday to announce the filing of lawsuits in King's County Supreme Court against eight members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses for alleged child sexual abuse claims.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Happening-Today-NJ-Water-Cosby-Appeal-Epstein-Probe-536740491.html

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boys scouts may close..... and many other sports institutions may close. .....etcetc but I have a nasty suspicion that only religion will be held accountable. Why?  I see that Jeffrey Epstein and

@BillyTheKid46 quotes: "The Watchtower doesn’t directly claim clergy privilege, it’s automatically given by each State that has it in their legal binding. (I.e. laws)" "Then, perhaps the abo

I agree, and that is a problem many conveniently forget about. Just recently the Child Victims Act has extended the statute of limitations. And legislation is working on making priests mandated report

Posted Images

This is a Civil case. They won't be found "guilty" per se. They'd be found negligent or liable or whatever Zalkin is trying to prove in this case. The penalty will be financial, and there may be some stipulation of turning over documents or agreeing to meet with victims to discuss policy updates to prevent future victims. Watchtower has a huge history of not complying with those types of orders though.

VIDEO : https://www.kcra.com/article/silent-no-more-part-1-the-survivors/28659357#

The complete opposite of discreet.

15 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

The penalty will be financial, and there may be some stipulation of turning over documents or agreeing to meet with victims to discuss policy updates to prevent future victims.

I guess that Zalkin would be happy to get a repeat of those daily fines imposed from California's courts for non-compliance. Aren't those monies owed to the state, however, rather than Zalkin getting a big share?

Boys scouts may close..... and many other sports institutions may close. .....etcetc but I have a nasty suspicion that only religion will be held accountable.

Why?  I see that Jeffrey Epstein and all his high society friends (millionaires /billionaires and princes) got away with child trafficking for many years (covered up by the FBI) and top echelons of society  in EU and USA  which are rotten to the core regarding child trafficking and abuse. Epstein  conveniently was murdered - but the victims can hopefully do claims...... if they are not intimidated by MI5 and FBI -as they were before.

I think it is fulfillment of prophecy - to get rid of religion...... the reason being that the last statute to protect children was only tabled in 2003..... but I will write more about this later.....

Congress did not do their job properly....... regarding the legislation.  For many years it was taboo to speak about sex abuse and the legislation passed was so weak it actually passed the buck to organizations.  Hence the perceived neglect at organizations .... because the law was not thought through properly.

How can an organization be retroactively be held accountable by legislation when there was no proper legislation in place for a very long time.... and there were no proper and free child services available from government to determine if the abuse  really  happened or  not. 

One is innocent until proven guilty..... but this crime happens in secret and qualified people need to work with it. 

Congress should be taken to court for payments because they were too slow to cover the loopholes in legislation.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

How can an organization be retroactively be held accountable by legislation when there was no proper legislation in place for a very long time.... and there were no proper and free child services available from government to determine if the abuse  really  happened or  not. 

I agree, and that is a problem many conveniently forget about. Just recently the Child Victims Act has extended the statute of limitations. And legislation is working on making priests mandated reporters in all the states of the US. These things should have been in operation for a long time already. So really, many of the problems of so called "cover ups" are a result of the inefficiencies and shortcomings of legislative bodies.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

So really, many of the problems of so called "cover ups" are a result of the inefficiencies and shortcomings

Here is just one example of a government agency's (department of social services) failings:

https://www.coloradocpo.org/wp-content/uploads/2018-3050-CPO-Compliance-Letter-Final-Redacted-Aig-9-2019.pdf

2 hours ago, Anna said:

So really, many of the problems of so called "cover ups" are a result of the inefficiencies and shortcomings of legislative bodies.

But which reporter is going to write about this- heh?. They prefer the perceived perception that JWs are all criminals who abuse people.  It fits the new post modern probressive narrative to get rid of Christian's so they can really bring in a totally  amoral society where children can  be abused without any restrictions.

Does this sound far-fetched?  The new philosophies are all based on Marxism which advocated the destruction of all old moral values and all humans (revolution) which stood in the way of it.

Which newspaper has investigated in depth how the FBI colluded with Epstein ( who trafficked 34 teenagers) so he was only indicted for one minor offence 11 years ago?   The other lords and millionaires in the pedophile decadent pleasure ring are now protected because of his death..... 

I have come to one conclusion after looking at child trafficking in USA and UK in the top echelons of society:   It is so corpse-rotten that no-one really knows how deep the cesspit goes.  ..... and law enforcement and the legal system is a tool used by these "princes" of the earth to cover up their dark, unmentionable deeds. They go about doing what they like and are unchallenged..... while clean living decent people are made out to be the culprits.

I just hope the witnesses use the history of the loopholes in the law to place the blame where it  actually needs to be.  

There is one set of rules for the wicked and another for those who try to live clean lives. .......

25 minutes ago, Arauna said:

But which reporter is going to write about this- heh?. They prefer the perceived perception that JWs are all criminals who abuse people.  It fits the new post modern probressive narrative to get rid of Christian's so they can really bring in a totally  amoral society where children can  be abused without any restrictions.

Does this sound far-fetched? 

I think it is far fetched.  I think it is simply a matter of "Drive -By Journalism" ... they want to report easy stuff that they do not have to get out of their car or office to report.

It's not deliberate evil, or any agenda at all.

It's simple laziness.

I am glad that I blocked the trolls when I did. If it was hard to make them behave before, it would be like interrupting an orgasm today;

It is just so ironic—I mean, here is the example I just read in today’s news:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/fresh-fire-leader-todd-bentley-accused-of-perverse-sexual-addiction-preying-on-interns.html

The pattern is always the same. It is the leaders that are accused of the abuse. There is no mechanism for uncovering abuse of the members, and when a parishioner is charged with CSA it is as much a surprise to the church minister as to the public.

Only with JWs is it their own internal investigation of wrongdoing that uncovers it among some members. It is rare for leaders to be the perpetrators, as is common anywhere. Yet they are the ones in the crosshairs. This is why @Arauna’s comments are spot-on as to perspective and greater goal.

[edit] And here is another one. Just in today’s feed:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/25/us/yeshiva-university-sexual-abuse-lawsuit/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Again, it is the leaders. It is always the leaders. Only with JWs is it the follows, and the leaders have tried to do something about it. This is why it is not a stretch to frame this specific targeting of Witnesses as an assault on religion that would attempt to police its own. Religion is not supposed to do that in this modern irreligious world. It is not supposed to be “no part of the world.” It is, if it is to be allowed to exist, to be fully part of this world.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

REAL MEN don't use STUN, or anything less.

I caught a little bit of a rerun, the one in which the Star Trek crew and a race of reptile-like aliens (who look like they wouldn’t be able to invent a rollerskate, much less a starship) were firing phasers at one another in the territory of the Holierthanthous. The Holierthanthous zapped Kirk and the Chief Reptile down to some deserted planet where they could fight it out mano-to-repto, winner take all. Kirk reinvented dynamite, as I recall, to disable the green goon.

Probably you were glued to your set for that one.

Having clobbered the reptile, he was about to finish him off, but then declined to do it, showing mercy. At that the Holierthanthous intervened once more to commend him for his application of Bible principles, and to send both ships on their merry way.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.