The World News Media

NOT ON BREAD ALONE

NOT ON BREAD ALONE

image.jpeg

Jesus said: “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth.'' Do we abide by those words? Some of our brothers have shown just that to a remarkable degree. One Witness in Europe who was imprisoned for his faith during the second world war exchanged three days' rations for a Bible. Did he regret that exchange? Not at all. He mentioned it proved to be rewarding! Now that's truly living on every word that comes from Jehovah! Do we love the Word of God to that degree? (w06 8/15 p. 23)

• Views 462
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not see in this Watchtower comment, the avenue we must take to know God; of which I am not surprised.    Jesus is the Word, the Bread of Life. John 1:1  John 17:3 is part of the prayer of Jesus t

Posted Images

"Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors. 2 Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. 3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.  Deut 8:1-3

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’   Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.   I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”  John 6: 35,40,45-51

Il est écrit dans les prophètes Veillez à suivre chaque ordre

Il est écrit dans les prophètes: "Ils seront tous enseignés par Dieu." Tous ceux qui ont entendu le Père et qui ont appris de lui viennent à moi .

The recognition coming from the heart is what matters most. To develop this quality, we must learn to know God. Jesus Christ said, "This signifies everlasting life, that they may come to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17: 3) We must continue to absorb this knowledge; it is not enough to believe that God exists and to know some of the things He has done as a Creator. There is a big difference between having some knowledge of God and knowing him. Knowing God means much more than having superficial knowledge about Him. By continually seeking to increase our knowledge, we come to appreciate wholeheartedly how Jehovah is the friend of humanity and how he has manifested this friendship with incomparable love and patience.

This means eternal life: that they learn to know you (John 17: 3).
The Greek expression translated "learn to know" can also be rendered by "should continue to know". It therefore designates a continuous process that leads to the privileged condition of the one who "knows" God. But knowing the greatest character in the universe is more than having a clear idea of his qualities and purpose. It is to tie a close bond of love with him and with those who believe in him. "He who does not love, explains the Bible, did not get to know God"w13 15/10 4:7.

There are a number of compelling reasons to increase our knowledge. We live in the days when we will be able to see the end of this wicked world. Circumstances become more and more pressing; "The days are bad". (Eph 5:16, NW.) We need knowledge. So-called servants of God were destroyed because knowledge was lacking (Hosea 4: 6, 9). We can not deceive the God of wisdom. He is the one who set the conditions for living in his future Edenic world. So we should not deceive ourselves into thinking that extended knowledge is the property of an elite. Food and drink are absolutely indispensable to everyone; there is no other way to maintain life. It is the same with knowledge; study is the only way to acquire it. Unquestionably, "this means eternal life, that they absorb the knowledge of you, the only true God, and of him whom you sent, Jesus Christ". (John 17: 3, NW.) We find our "pleasure in the law of Jehovah", this is another reason to increase our knowledge (Ps. 1: 2, AC).

the disciples of Jesus, especially the apostles. They studied "sacred writings, which can be [...] sensible for salvation". (2 Timothy 3:15.) In this they resembled the prophets of the past who "conducted diligent inquiries and careful inquiries." The prophets had not been passionate about research for a few months or a year. The Apostle Peter wrote that "they sought to discover" before anything that concerned Christ and the glory that his role as savior to humans was worth to him. In his first letter, Peter quoted 34 times ten books of the Bible. - 1 Peter 1:10, 11.
In short, careful study of the Word of God was a duty for the kings of ancient Israel. Jesus followed their model. And those who would like to reign at his side in heaven were also studying (Luke 22: 28-30, Romans 8:17, 2 Timothy 2:12, Revelation 5:10, 20: 6). It is just as indispensable today to follow this royal pattern for all who expect the blessings that the Kingdom will bring to the earth. Matthew 25:34, 46
A duty for kings and for you
11 Honestly, we can not emphasize enough that every true Christian must examine the Bible personally. You do not need it just when you start studying it with Jehovah's Witnesses. Each of us must be determined not to become like some contemporaries of the Apostle Paul who, over time, have neglected individual study. They had learned "the basic things of the sacred declarations of God", such as "the fundamental doctrine concerning Christ", but they did not persevere in the study and therefore "did not grow up to maturity" . (Hebrews 5: 12-6: 3.) w02 15/6 13-14

6 hours ago, salomon said:

The recognition coming from the heart is what matters most. To develop this quality, we must learn to know God. Jesus Christ said, "This signifies everlasting life, that they may come to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17: 3) We must continue to absorb this knowledge; it is not enough to believe that God exists and to know some of the things He has done as a Creator. There is a big difference between having some knowledge of God and knowing him. Knowing God means much more than having superficial knowledge about Him. By continually seeking to increase our knowledge, we come to appreciate wholeheartedly how Jehovah is the friend of humanity and how he has manifested this friendship with incomparable love and patience.

This means eternal life: that they learn to know you (John 17: 3).
The Greek expression translated "learn to know" can also be rendered by "should continue to know". It therefore designates a continuous process that leads to the privileged condition of the one who "knows" God. But knowing the greatest character in the universe is more than having a clear idea of his qualities and purpose. It is to tie a close bond of love with him and with those who believe in him. "He who does not love, explains the Bible, did not get to know God"w13 15/10 4:7.

I do not see in this Watchtower comment, the avenue we must take to know God; of which I am not surprised.    Jesus is the Word, the Bread of Life. John 1:1  John 17:3 is part of the prayer of Jesus to the Father.

“Father, the hour has come! Glorify Your Son, in order that Your Son may glorify You— just as You have given him authority over all flesh, in order that he would give eternal life to them—everyone whom You have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. I have glorified You on earth bycompleting the work that you have given me to do. And now, Father, You glorify me at Your side with the glory that I had at Your side before the world existed.

Righteous Father, although the world does not know You, yet I have known You, and these men have come to know that You sent me. 26 And I made known to them Your name, and will make it known, in order that the love with which You loved me may be in them, and I may be in them.”

The “world” that did not know Jesus Christ were his people who rejected him, the very ones who said they “knew” God.  John 1:10   They had a “superficial knowledge” of Him; yet never attained the true knowledge of God, since they did not accept Jesus Christ.

Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”  John 8:19

To his disciples:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.”  John 14:6-11

If we do not accept the “Bread of Life” that God offers us in His Son, we will never learn to know God.  We will never learn the knowledge of truth.  2 Tim 3:7

The Bible far surpasses all other books, because it is historically accurate and goes back to the highest antiquity. However, it is still of greater value on the prophetic plane, because it predicts the future, which only the King of eternity can reveal accurately. The succession of world powers through the centuries, and even the rise and fall of today's institutions, have been announced in the long-term prophecies of the Bible.
The divine word of truth very concretely frees men from ignorance, superstitions, philosophies, and insane human traditions (John 8:32). "The word of God is alive and powerful. "(He 4:12). Without the Bible, it would be impossible to know Jehovah, nor the wonderful benefits that flow from the redeeming sacrifice of Christ; without it, it would not be possible either to understand the conditions to be fulfilled in order to obtain eternal life in the righteous kingdom of God or under his rule.it-1 342-343

The divine author spoke at length to men. All he has done for his earthly children is a sign of deep love and paternal interest. Thanks to the Holy Scriptures, he has provided us with a remarkable collection of inspired writings. It is truly an incomparable treasure, a great library of 'God-breathed' teachings, whose richness and extent are far superior to the works of men. The diligent study of the Word of God is not "a fatigue for the flesh"; on the contrary, it will bring eternal blessings to those who know "the word of Jehovah [which] endures forever". - Eccl. 12:12; 1 Peter 1:24, 25 si 8-10 

Sans la Bible, il serait impossible de connaître Jéhovah, pas plus que les merveilleux avantages découlant du sacrifice rédempteur de Christ; sans cela, il ne serait pas non plus possible de comprendre les conditions à remplir pour obtenir la vie éternelle dans le royaume juste de Dieu ou sous son règne.

4 hours ago, salomon said:

Sans la Bible, il serait impossible de connaître Jéhovah, pas plus que les merveilleux avantages découlant du sacrifice rédempteur de Christ; sans cela, il ne serait pas non plus possible de comprendre les conditions à remplir pour obtenir la vie éternelle dans le royaume juste de Dieu ou sous son règne.

Yes, you are right.  The Bible is God’s Word, the Word is the Logos, the Logos is Christ.  John 1:1,2  Go one step further, and listen to Christ’s teachings on how we are to “know” God.  It is through Christ. He is much more than an example to imitate.  He is our only personal path, to draw close to the Father. 

While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”Matt 17:5

How can we hear Christ if we do not listen to his words that tell us we must come to him, to know the Father?  John 8:19

John 6:37 – “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”

And, how can we believe in someone, if we don’t get to know him? 

John 3:16,36 – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

With Jesus,

We hear him

We get to know him

We believe in him

We realize that by doing so, we will then, “know” the Father.  Should we resist getting to know Christ?

But look:

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.”  John 6:44

God knows our hearts and our desires…and our fears.   If we block our heart and mind from personally getting to know Christ, will we ever be drawn to him by the Father?  Can men tell us NOT to get to know Christ intimately?  Yes, your leaders have.  2 Cor 11:4

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.”  John 12:48

le Père qui m'a envoyé ne le  tire  Nous réalisons que, ce faisant, nous «connaîtrons» alors le Père

Et comment pouvons-nous croire en quelqu'un si nous ne le connaissons pas? 

“Tout ce que le Père me donne viendra à moi, 

Jésus conclut sur ces mots: “Je n’ai pas parlé de mon propre mouvement, mais le Père, qui m’a envoyé, m’a donné lui-même un commandement quant à ce que je devais dire et exprimer. D’autre part, je sais que son commandement signifie la vie éternelle. Ainsi donc, les choses que je dis, je les dis comme le Père me les a dites.

la parole de Jéhovah [qui] dure à toujours". - Eccl. 12:12; 1 Pierre 1:24, 25 ou 8-10 

Jean 6:37 - “Tout ce que le Père me donne viendra à moi, et  je ne chasserai pas celui qui vient à moi .”

Celui qui se nourrit de ma chair et qui boit mon sang a la vie éternelle, et je le ressusciterai au dernier jour.” (Jean 6:54). Cette vie éternelle-là, celui qui l’obtiendra en jouira, non pas sur terre, mais aux côtés du Christ dans le Royaume céleste. Jésus la lui donnera quand il le ressuscitera “au dernier jour”. Ceux qui sont ainsi unis à Christ dans les cieux et qui ont cette ‘vie en eux’ pourront communiquer aux autres les bienfaits du sacrifice humain de Jésus. Ils le feront à l’époque où les hommes rachetés seront appelés hors des tombeaux commémoratifs, c’est-à-dire “au dernier jour”. — Jean 5:28, 29.w78 1/12 25

CONFIÉS AU CHRIST
17 Une fois que Dieu a attiré quelqu’un à Jésus Christ, dans quelle situation cette personne se trouve-t-elle désormais? Jésus reconnut que tous les hommes appartiennent au Père, et que ce dernier lui donne ceux qu’il attire. Jéhovah les lui remet pour qu’il en prenne soin et pour qu’il veille à leur croissance spirituelle (Jean 17:9, 10)w79 1/8 16

Il est écrit dans les Prophètes: “Et ils seront tous enseignés par Jéhovah.Quiconque a entendu de la part du Père [l’Enseignant] et a appris, vient à moi. (...) En toute vérité je vous le dis: celui qui croit a la vie éternelle.’” — Jean 6:41-47.

Jésus citait la prophétie d’Ésaïe 54:13 qui dit à l’adresse de la “femme” de Dieu, la Sion céleste: “Et tous tes fils seront des personnes enseignées par Jéhovah, et la paix de tes fils sera abondante.” Voilà les fils spirituels de Jéhovah Dieu! Ce sont eux qu’il attire vers Jésus en raison de la foi qu’ils exercent présentement en lui. Ce sont eux dont Jésus dit qu’ils obtiendront la vie éternelle lorsqu’il les ressuscitera au dernier jour, la vie éternelle au sein de l’organisation spirituelle céleste de Jéhovah. Jésus offrait donc à ses auditeurs juifs, au nombre desquels figuraient ses disciples, la possibilité de devenir fils de la “femme” de Dieu, la Sion céleste.

Celui qui se nourrit de ma chair et qui boit mon sang a la vie éternelle, et je le ressusciterai au dernier jour.” (Jean 6:54). Cette vie éternelle-là, celui qui l’obtiendra en jouira, non pas sur terre, mais aux côtés du Christ dans le Royaume céleste. Jésus la lui donnera quand il le ressuscitera “au dernier jour”. Ceux qui sont ainsi unis à Christ dans les cieux et qui ont cette ‘vie en eux’ pourront communiquer aux autres les bienfaits du sacrifice humain de Jésus. Ils le feront à l’époque où les hommes rachetés seront appelés hors des tombeaux commémoratifs, c’est-à-dire “au dernier jour”. — Jean 5:28, 29. 

27 Il convient de remarquer également que Jésus ne parla jamais de lui-même comme de Dieu et il ne s’appela jamais Dieu. Il se présenta toujours comme inférieur à Dieu et non son égal. Par les paroles suivantes, il se montra être un disciple de Dieu : “ Je ne fais rien de moi-même, mais (...) je parle selon ce que le Père m’a enseigné. ” (Jean 8:28). En tant qu’élève de Dieu, qui était son Maître, Jésus ne pouvait être supérieur à Dieu ni même son égal. Ainsi, Jésus se rangea parmi les autres enfants de Sion, l’organisation de Dieu, et il affirma à leur sujet : “ Il est écrit dans les prophètes : Ils seront tous enseignés de Dieu. Ainsi quiconque a entendu le Père et a reçu son enseignement vient à moi. ” (Jean 6:45 ; És. 54:13). Étant un disciple ou un élève de son Père, Jésus se laissait constamment enseigner par lui.
28 À cet effet, Jean 8:25-27 déclare : “ Jésus leur répondit : (...) Celui qui m’a envoyé est vrai, et ce que j’ai entendu de lui, je le dis au monde. Ils ne comprirent point qu’il leur parlait du Père. ” Plus tard, Jésus dit aux Juifs : “ Vous cherchez à me faire mourir, moi un homme [grec, anthrôpos] qui vous ai dit la vérité que j’ai entendue de Dieu [ho Théos]. ” Il déclara à ses fidèles apôtres : “ Je vous ai appelés amis, parce que je vous ai fait connaître tout ce que j’ai appris de mon Père. ” — Jean 8:40 n. m. ; 15:15.
29 À plusieurs reprises, Jésus affirma qu’il écoutait son Père céleste, qu’il se laissait enseigner par lui et qu’il était envoyé par lui. Citons, à titre d’exemple, Jean 12:44, 45, 49, 50 : “ Jésus s’était écrié : Celui qui croit en moi croit, non pas en moi, mais en celui qui m’a envoyé ; et celui qui me voit voit celui qui m’a envoyé. (...) Car je n’ai point parlé de moi-même ; mais le Père, qui m’a envoyé, m’a prescrit lui-même ce que je dois dire et annoncer. Et je sais que son commandement est la vie éternelle. C’est pourquoi les choses que je dis, je les dis comme le Père me les a dites. ” Le simple fait qu’il fut envoyé par Dieu, son Père, prouve qu’il n’était pas son égal mais qu’il était inférieur à lui.
30 Jésus lui-même énonça cette règle à ses apôtres : “ Le serviteur n’est pas plus grand que son seigneur, ni l’apôtre plus grand que celui qui l’a envoyé. ” (Jean 13:16). Tout comme Jésus, en envoyant ses disciples, était plus grand qu’eux, Dieu, qui avait envoyé Jésus, était plus grand que lui. Jésus fit cette comparaison, en ces termes : “ La paix soit avec vous ! Comme le Père m’a envoyé, moi aussi je vous envoie. ” (Jean 20:21). Celui qui envoie quelqu’un est donc plus grand que lui.
31 Étant envoyé pour accomplir une mission, Jésus ne vint pas pour faire sa propre volonté ou pour faire ce qui lui plaisait selon la chair. Il vint pour accomplir la volonté de Celui qui l’avait envoyé et qui était plus grand que lui. 

Points marquants du livre de Jean

4:23, 24. Pour que Dieu accepte notre culte, il faut que ce culte soit conforme à la vérité révélée dans les pages de la Bible et qu’il soit guidé par l’esprit saint.

6:27. Travailler pour “ la nourriture qui demeure pour la vie éternelle ”, c’est faire des efforts dans le but de remédier à sa pauvreté spirituelle. Quand nous agissons ainsi, nous sommes heureux. — Mat. 5:3.

6:44. Jéhovah se soucie personnellement de nous. Il nous attire vers son Fils en nous touchant individuellement grâce à l’œuvre de prédication et en nous aidant, au moyen de son esprit saint, à comprendre et à mettre en pratique les vérités spirituelles. w08 15/4 31 

Well, thank you for all those Watchtower quotes!  There are  misconceptions to address, a few in particular is that Zion is God’s “wife”.   The only “wife” in Zion (God's Temple) is the Bride – the Lamb’s Wife.  1 Cor 6:17; Matt 19:6; Eph 5:23, 25-27,30; Rev 21:2,3; 5:9,10

Being as a “wife” to God is compared to a marriage promise/covenant.  Hos 9:1; 1:2; Jer 3:8,14  It is not an organization in heaven. 

When we “eat” the flesh of Jesus Christ, (John 6:53) this is not restricted to the anointed only.  It has nothing to do with partaking of the emblems.  He is referring to the Word of truth that all of us must take in to receive life.  John 6:55,47-50; 17:3,17

2 Tim 3:15 - and you know that from infancy you have known the sacred Scriptures, which are able to give you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Chantez des louanges à Jéhovah, qui habite à Sion ;
faites connaître ses exploits parmi les peuples Psaume 9:11 

 Et au ciel, le temple-sanctuaire de Dieu a été ouvert, et dans son temple-sanctuaire, on a vu l’arche de son alliance. Et il y a eu des éclairs, et des voix, et des tonnerres, et un tremblement de terre, et une forte grêle.Révélation 11:19.

la Jérusalem d’en haut est appelée “une ville du Dieu vivant, la Jérusalem céleste”. Elle est la femme ou épouse de Dieu. Il s’agit de l’organisation céleste composée de “myriades d’anges, en assemblée générale”. Cette organisation de saints anges était présente au ciel avec Jéhovah Dieu lorsqu’il prononça sa sentence contre le grand Serpent dans le jardin d’Éden, il y a presque six mille ans. Ainsi, quand Jéhovah déclara qu’il mettrait inimitié entre le Serpent et la “femme” et que la Postérité de la femme écraserait la tête du Serpent, la femme ou épouse de Jéhovah était présente avec lui dans le ciel. Elle était donc la “femme” qui devait produire la Postérité destinée à accomplir cet acte. Celui qu’elle produisit directement en vue de cet acte victorieux fut le Fils unique de Dieu, qui devint Jésus-Christ sur la terre, où il affirma : “Je suis le pain qui descend du ciel.”

La naissance de Jésus en l’an 2 avant notre ère, fut le premier pas fait en ce sens. Mais ce fut trente années plus tard, en l’an 29 de notre ère, que la Jérusalem céleste enfanta effectivement son Fils spirituel premier-né. En cette année-là, Jésus fut baptisé dans l’eau et son Père céleste répandit l’esprit saint sur lui et annonça par les paroles suivantes qu’il l’engendrait comme Fils spirituel : “Celui-là est mon Fils, le bien-aimé, que j’ai approuvé.” Trois ans et demi après, la Jérusalem céleste enfanta réellement Jésus comme son Fils spirituel dans toute l’acception du terme, lorsque Dieu guérit la blessure au talon faite par le grand Serpent et ressuscita Jésus-Christ d’entre les morts pour la vie spirituelle au ciel. Alors la Jérusalem céleste le reçut au sein de son organisation d’anges ou de fils célestes, mais elle l’accueillit comme le Fils principal, l’Archange. — Mat. 3:13-17, MN ; 27:27 à 28:10 ; I Pierre 3:18, 19, MN.

18 Cet événement merveilleux fournit à la Jérusalem céleste des raisons de se réjouir et de pousser des cris de joie. Sa stérilité, qui avait commencé au moment de la promesse d’une postérité faite dans le jardin d’Éden, arriva à son terme par la naissance complète de son Fils le plus glorieux. Elle pouvait se réjouir, tout comme Sara, si âgée, se réjouit lors de la naissance de son fils unique Isaac.w64 267-268,

Tout se passe exactement comme Jéhovah l’a annoncé en ces termes : “ Moi, j’ai installé mon roi sur Sion, ma montagne sainte. ” (Psaume 2:6 ; 110:2). Ce verset ne se réfère plus au mont Sion terrestre, le site géographique de la ville de Jérusalem, où régnèrent les rois humains de la lignée de David (1 Chroniques 11:4-7 ; 2 Chroniques 5:2). En effet, après sa mort et sa résurrection, en l’an 33, Jésus a été installé pour être une pierre angulaire de fondement sur le mont Sion céleste, le lieu où, dans les cieux, Jéhovah a décidé de placer la “ ville du Dieu vivant, la Jérusalem céleste ”. Ainsi, “ le mont Sion ” dont il est question ici représente la position élevée de Jésus et de ses cohéritiers, qui constituent la Jérusalem céleste, c’est-à-dire le Royaume (Hébreux 12:22, 28 ; Éphésiens 3:6 re 198-199 

la Jérusalem d’en haut est appelée “une ville du Dieu vivant, la Jérusalem céleste”. Elle est la femme ou épouse de Dieu. Il s’agit de l’organisation céleste composée de “myriades d’anges, en assemblée générale”. Cette organisation de saints anges était présente au ciel avec Jéhovah Dieu lorsqu’il prononça sa sentence contre le grand Serpent dans le jardin d’Éden, il y a presque six mille ans.

w64 267-268,

La Jérusalem terrestre dont Paul fit mention il y a dix-neuf siècles subit quelque temps après la ruine ; un million de personnes se pressaient dans son enceinte quand elle fut livrée à la destruction. C’était une ville-organisation. La libre “ Jérusalem d’en haut ” est aussi une organisation. La Jérusalem terrestre réduite en servitude était encore appelée Sion, d’après le nom d’une de ses collines. La “ Jérusalem d’en haut ” est aussi dénommée Sion dans la Parole de Dieu ou sainte Bible. La Sion céleste ne subira jamais la ruine, car Jéhovah a fait serment que son amour pour elle ne s’éloignerait pas et que son alliance de paix ne chancellerait pas. Son épouse ou femme céleste, la “ Jérusalem d’en haut ”, est l’organisation céleste et invisible répandue dans tout l’univers, c’est son organisation universelle. Il est le Créateur de son épouse ou femme ; son organisation universelle se compose donc de toutes les créatures célestes en son sein. Toutes sont soumises à Dieu, leur Créateur, et, comme organisation, elles sont liées au Très-Haut par une union qui ne prendra jamais fin.w57 4, 261-262LES CRÉATURES SPIRITUELLES TIENNENT DES ASSEMBLÉES DANS LES CIEUX
13 Les “fils de Dieu” tiennent de temps à autre des assemblées présidées par le Dieu Très-Haut. Dans la Bible, les deux premiers chapitres du livre de Job constituent les écrits les plus anciens qui rapportent l’existence de tels rassemblements célestes. Or, dans la première partie de la vie de Job, “le jour vint où les fils du vrai Dieu entrèrent pour se placer devant Jéhovah, et même Satan entra au beau milieu d’eux. Alors Jéhovah dit à Satan: ‘D’où viens-tu?’ Et Satan répondit à Jéhovah et dit: ‘D’errer çà et là sur la terre et d’y circuler.’” Quelques versets plus loin, au chapitre suivant, la Bible mentionne une seconde assemblée de Jéhovah et de ses fils célestes. Une fois encore, la créature spirituelle appelée Satan saisit l’occasion d’y assister (Job 1:6, 7; 2:1, 2). Ces assemblées, invisibles à nos yeux, ont un but bien défini et le Dieu Tout-Puissant veille à leur bon ordre. Tous les assistants doivent lui rendre compte de leurs allées et venues, ainsi que de leurs actions. Satan aussi dut se montrer respectueux, bien qu’il soit, comme l’indique son nom, le principal adversaire de Jéhovah Dieu.
14 Hébreux 12:22, 23 nous en apprend davantage sur ces assemblées que tiennent les “fils de Dieu”. Il est dit aux chrétiens hébreux: “Vous vous êtes approchés d’un mont Sion et d’une ville du Dieu vivant, la Jérusalem céleste, et de myriades d’anges, en assemblée générale.” Ces myriades d’anges qui restent fidèles à leur Père céleste et refusent d’imiter Satan forment une grande famille, la famille céleste de Dieu.
15 Paul parle de cette famille céleste. Écrivant aux chrétiens qui reconnaissent Jéhovah Dieu comme leur Père céleste, il dit: “À cause de cela, je plie les genoux devant le Père, à qui toute famille au ciel et sur la terre doit son nom.” (Éphésiens 3:14, 15). Toute famille doit son nom à son père et devrait vivre conformément à la dignité de ce nom.  hs 20-1

Luke 12:1 -  In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy."

2 Pet 2:1-3   There were indeed false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, and will bring swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved ways, and the way of truth will be maligned because of themThey will exploit you in their greed with made-up stories. Their condemnation, pronounced long ago, is not idle, and their destruction does not sleep.

Matt 24:24   For false messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.