The World News Media

What good is an internet forum for JWs?

JW Insider

Known. Showing spiritual weakness only emboldens those that Satan has corrupted to think they hold the truth in any subject.

It’s not just about being false prophets but being martyrs to do the devils bidding.

When the opposition makes misleading claims that Brother Russell claimed the world would end in 1914, those in opposition have not read the Pastors publishing’s. When the opposition claims Brother Rutherford claimed the world would end in 1925, those in opposition have not read the publishing of the Brother? When those in opposition claim the Org prophesied the world would end in 1975, those in opposition only read what they want to read to make a misleading debate?

When those in opposition conduct themselves in such a way, it can only be seen one way, martyrs for the devil.

The post is framed as a question.

"What good is an internet forum for JWs?" To regular witnesses not trying to be influenced by bad works and debates, known.

• Views 3k
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess the first point I could address is how someone with serious unresolved questions and concerns about a couple of our teachings could still participate in promoting our publications and our meet

You haven’t been around long enough to discern how it works here: CMP takes the snap and hands off to JWI. JWI looks for a receiver. TTH is way way out there, but usually flubs the catch.  JTR is

Most Witnesses are quite satisfied with a midweek meeting, a weekend meeting, and meetings for service, a study night with the spouse or family, and some additional time for talk preparation, addition

Posted Images

3 hours ago, divergenceKO said:

The post is framed as a question.  "What good is an internet forum for JWs?" To regular witnesses not trying to be influenced by bad works and debates, known.

I’ve said it before but not lately. The forum is good for me because with it I can hone my writing. 

If I post a Jumping Jehovah’s Witnesses photo on the JW only forum, someone will give me thunderous applause. If I truthfully say that I think such photos are stupid, someone else will counsel me to turn my frown upside down.

For the most part, I like the atmosphere of unity on what is most important, but there are times when it will not do. Better, from a writing point of view, to be here.

Here I can reference some JW foibles, even missteps, and not suffer rebuke. More importantly, here I can write something favorable about them and know that there are villains that will promptly hurl it back in my teeth. I analyze the response, like a Hadron collider scientist. Sometimes the results tell me that my comment was a logical train wreck. Even friends here will tell me so. When my remark brings mostly taunts, insults, and ridicule, then I know that I have hit bullseye.

A writer needs a muse but he needs more than a muse. He also needs a villain, so I hang here where there are villains galore.

20 hours ago, divergenceKO said:

Showing spiritual weakness only emboldens those that Satan has corrupted to think they hold the truth in any subject.

It certainly can. You are right about that.

But it also shows spiritual weakness when we forget to question ourselves and our teaching. So having a place to formulate questions helps us clarify those questions for ourselves, even when no one comes around to provide a scriptural response to those questions. And when someone does come around to provide a scriptural response, we can be happy that we are being corrected, or if it helps us confirm an answer to our questions.

But if it's true that Satan has corrupted persons to think they hold the truth in any subject, then this is the same as accusing the Watchtower organization and its writers of being emboldened by Satan when they present their views as holding the truth in all subjects they speak about. I personally don't believe that the Watchtower writers are being emboldened by Satan. I think it's more of a matter of being excited to believe they have found all the important answers, and they therefore speak as if it must be right, as if they are speaking sacred pronouncement of God. To a point, if we are not going beyond the things written, this is a good thing:

(1 Peter 4:10, 11) . . .To the extent that each one has received a gift, use it in ministering to one another as fine stewards of God’s undeserved kindness that is expressed in various ways. 11 If anyone speaks, let him do so as speaking pronouncements from God;. . .

But there is a danger of being so sure of ourselves, that we forget to question. We forget to ask for questions. We forget to WANT questions. The JW.ORG site does not ask for questions; there is no comments section. We all know that if the teachers are actually humble like little children, they will ask questions, and so will the rest of us.

When the opposition makes misleading claims that Brother Russell claimed the world would end in 1914,

True. But how often do we also see those in opposition to truth, who know that Brother Russell predicted that other things would happen in 1914 that didn't happen? And then, as a distraction, because they are in opposition to admitting the truth, they point out that some people thought Russell predicted that the world would end in 1914.

When the opposition claims Brother Rutherford claimed the world would end in 1925, those in opposition have not read the publishing of the Brother?

True. But how often do we also see those in opposition to truth, who know that Brother Rutherford predicted that other things would happen in 1925, that didn't happen? And then, as a distraction, because they are in opposition to admitting the truth, they point out that some people thought Rutherford predicted that the world would end in 1925.

When those in opposition claim the Org prophesied the world would end in 1975, those in opposition only read what they want to read to make a misleading debate?

This can happen. We've seen it happen. But those in opposition to admitting the truth about what was actually predicted for as early as the mid-70's and as late as the end of the twentieth century, are often very anxious to create a distraction by pointing out that some people claim a specific thing was claimed for only 1975.

When a person is really making a specific false claim, then it's good to point it out. But if they are not making that claim then pointing out a different mistake that someone else is making can be a very misleading distraction.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

JW only forum, someone will give me thunderous applause. If I truthfully say that I think such photos are stupid, someone else will counsel me to turn my frown upside down.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

so I hang here where there are villains galore.

Then there's the happy medium with no villains but friends who are realistic. These are to be found on the JW closed club here. You should try it sometime xD. (I know you've been there, but not nearly often enough)

25 minutes ago, Anna said:

Then there's the happy medium with no villains but friends ... you've been there, but not nearly often enough)

This is because I was traumatized when I spotted someone violently attacking a fortune-teller, hitting her repeatedly and hard, and all she did was laugh and laugh.

I intervened. “What do you think you’re doing?” I demanded of the assailant.

”Just trying to strike a happy medium,” he replied.

Still sure you want me on the other forum?

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This is because I was traumatized when I spotted someone violently attacking a fortune-teller, hitting her repeatedly and hard, and all she did was laugh and laugh.

I intervened. “What do you think you’re doing?” I demanded of the assailant.

”Just trying to strike a happy medium,” he replied.

Still sure you want me on the other forum?

I think I must know you quite well by now because as I typed "medium", the thought immediately crossed my mind that you might jump at the opportunity to somehow take the Mickey.....

No, stop, leave Mickey alone

8 hours ago, Anna said:

I think I must know you quite well by now because as I typed "medium", the thought immediately crossed my mind that you might jump at the opportunity to somehow take the Mickey.....

No, stop, leave Mickey alone

The cool thing about words is that you can build so many things with them.

32 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The cool thing about words is that you can build so many things with them.

For the past month I have been TRYING to build a large chicken coop, but it is terribly slow. I have to weave several huge rolls of chicken wire into an overhead cover, and then support it with poles, like a circus tent.

As I was digging a hole for an overhead chicken wire support, I was talking to my rooster Speckles, scratching in the dirt beside me, who has feet and legs patterned like an alligator's hide, and as I dug I wondered out loud if chickens actually did evolve from reptiles., and if all birds evolved from reptiles.

To my surprise, Speckles replied that they actually did, but it was a tragic thing, as they did it for the frequent flier miles.

Is there EVER a good forum, superchat, chat, etc?

A forum is like a classroom, different people for something and or against and there are some who attack others without reason and or jump to some spontaneous conclusion that has nothing factual backing it. And there's those who are just cooling. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.