The World News Media

JW OPPOSERS GROUPS

The Librarian

16 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have seen (especially in computer field) many brilliant kids.

They are children of this period of time. And this is true for all of them, non JW children and JW children.

WT Society can't do nothing to stop children to be "obsessed" about technology and viral life.  That is why WT Society need to make changes (already in process) to make and hold interest of children and young people, and future old people in technology and equipment that will serve for purposes in modern shapes and sorts of worship.   

• Views 22.1k
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As vitriolic as the spiteful crticisms of apostate opposers are, there is a remarkable tide of recognition of the integrity of Jehovah's Witnesses, even among those who do not share our beliefs.

That's true, but it would not attract as much attention. Rutherford had been a political marketer before following Russell/WT/Bible Students. This is why he would ADV/ADV/ADV. And why gimmicks like pu

Nobody but nobody has “apostates” like Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is almost as though I am proud of them. Every NT writer wrote about opposition and apostasy. If it happened then, it should happen now. W

Posted Images

On 11/7/2019 at 11:06 PM, Arauna said:

Just wanted to add - it is I interesting that many smart kids also are good in music. Music lights up many parts of the brain in scans.  It is also the last skill to die off in Alzheimers.

I refer to myself as a "Barbarian", because I have a strong streak of cruelty that I must keep suppressed. 

Looking back on my life, I am ashamed that I even tortured my Mother, at times, just for laughs.

My younger sister is 20 years younger than I, and when she was about 3 years old, my Mom bought her a Fisher Price "Corn Popper" toy that a child would push around the house, and the wheel motion made balls inside the clear dome smack into the dome with a loud cracking or popping sound. My sister loved this toy, and pushed it around much of every day for several years, as my Mother worked around the house..

It drove my Mother CRAZY ...but she never stopped it. 

She was a VERY good Mother, and endured much.

You could hear the corn popper anywhere in the house. "POP!, POP!...POPOPOPOP .... POP! ......... ", hour after hour.

After several million impacts on the underside of the dome, the dome clouded up, and you could just barely see the balls inside, but it still made that loud popping noise. Day after Day after Day after Day.

Then, one day, after the wheels wore down, it broke, and my Mom said "Oh thank God ... that thing was driving me crazy!"

With tears of joy, she threw it away.

vv.jpeg

So, naturally, , I went to the toy store, and got my sister another one .

Guest Tom Henry

What I’d like to know since the discussion is now focused on providing for family, what does Acts 6:3 have to do with 1 Timothy 5:8 that, Christians need to apply in everyday life.

Another, what does Acts 6:3 have to do with antiquated technology. Technological corporations since 1974 started to consider the riches from downsizing a computer room to an office desk. Technology is a revolving door that not all nations get to update. Some government offices still run under Windows 2000 and Windows XP with 20 year old computers. You would think, governments would be worried about security not typesetting.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, Tom Henry said:

what does Acts 6:3 have to do with antiquated technology

Or technology per se?

The scripture spoke of a time when men who were delegated to care for mundane tasks required spiritual and secular qualifications in view of the context of their work. This required appropriate selection.

Similarly today, secular background is required to implement technical solutions for spiritual tasks effectively. The acquisition of secular skills is sometimes erroneously viewed as antithetical to spiritual endeavour. Therefore an important and enlightened balance needs to be achieved and maintained to avoid waste. This of course will have to incorporate the principles of Ex.35:30-35.

Quite a challenge, but apparently met is my observation.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, JW Insider said:

but the Society has learned through very expensive mistakes, to give them leadership roles in these teams.

All the redrawing and reshuffling of boundaries and the sell off of some Kingdom Halls and the merging of some congregations is probably because a few financial experts were finally allowed to sit down and ascertain the efficiency (or lack of) of the way Kingdom Halls were being used. They called it equalizing. When I hear brothers say that obeying the restructuring, and cooperating with moving to different halls is obeying Jehovah, (was also in a video) I can't help wondering why they don't just say it's because it saves money. Why bring Jehovah into it and make people feel like they're sinning against Him if they don't cooperate. 

8 hours ago, Anna said:

why they don't just say it's because it saves money

"Better use of dedicated funds" is a phrase I hear frequently. Isn't that more appropriate? "Saving" money implies hoarding it up somewhere. I think we are more in the business of using resources aren't we?. Compare Matt.25:24-27 😊

9 hours ago, Anna said:

All the redrawing and reshuffling of boundaries and the sell off of some Kingdom Halls and the merging of some congregations is probably because a few financial experts were finally allowed to sit down and ascertain the efficiency (or lack of) of the way Kingdom Halls were being used. They called it equalizing. When I hear brothers say that obeying the restructuring, and cooperating with moving to different halls is obeying Jehovah, (was also in a video) I can't help wondering why they don't just say it's because it saves money. Why bring Jehovah into it and make people feel like they're sinning against Him if they don't cooperate. 

Because it's a mind controlling technique to brainwash you into believing that the governing body is Jehovah. It is good that you are questioning their tactics.

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You cannot economically justify having a baby ... but willy-nilly ... people DO have babies.

Some things are more important than economic justification.

So why do those in charge decide to close Kingdom Halls, which then make it more difficult for many people to get to the 'new location' ? And why does the Org forbid the idea of having minibuses in congregations to take the elderly and perhaps the poorer families to meetings ? (And the use of such might also be good for the environment). I think this shows a lack of love toward the 'flock'. Don't the scriptures tell us to 'look after widows and orphans' ? And shouldn't that be on a regular basis ?  Not everyone has a seven seater car to pick people up in :).   I also think that making people travel further to meetings does not encourage the new ones to go to meetings. 

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

why do those in charge decide to close Kingdom Halls,

Wasted resource. Mostly empty. etc,etc,etc. .Fill 'em, share 'em, or shut 'em.....what's the problem? These are not churches.

why does the Org forbid the idea of having minibuses in congregations

Anyone can have a minibus?  Where on earth do you live??

making people travel further to meetings does not encourage the new ones to go to meetings. 

True Christians travel as far as it takes to get to meetings...and help others to get there too. Where on earth do you live??

46 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

Wasted resource. Mostly empty. etc,etc,etc. .Fill 'em, share 'em, or shut 'em.....what's the problem? These are not churches.

Anyone can have a minibus?  Where on earth do you live??

True Christians travel as far as it takes to get to meetings...and help others to get there too. Where on earth do you live??

Um, empty K H's when the Governing Body say we are so close to the 'end of this system'. I thought there was supposed to be a massive influx near the end, not empty K H's. 

Actually it is quite difficult for a private person to get insurance for a minibus here in the UK.  The government seem to think it has to be for business use. And congregations will not support the running of a minibus, and elders make that clear. 

As for 'true Christians' travelling as far as it takes. That is not a loving thought. I know of older brothers and sisters that cannot drive in the dark. I think that here in the UK half of every congregation is old people. So where is this love that should abound in the 'truth' ?  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.