The World News Media

Large Group of Native Americans in Mexico Violently Expelled from their Homeland Due to Converting to the Jehovah's Witnesses Religion

The Librarian

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not the same thing.   We do not expel people from the area they are living in or deny them a living. 

Many were baptized into the organization before the stipulation was made of dedicating oneself to the organization.   When one of those individuals baptized in the early 80's and before, w

getfvid_72040977_2593767347353981_8276397710194507776_n.mp4       en español:  

Something does not sound right about this report or something wrong with their heads. Never heard of Witnesses who were iconoclasts. Heard of Christians destroying their own magic books  (Acts  19:18,19)  but not property of others or shared property.  Then again it is reported that some strange strategies were used to establish the work there

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

It is not the same thing.   We do not expel people from the area they are living in or deny them a living. 

On 9/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

Of course, it is sad and crazy to shun people because they changed their standpoint, perspective on life or religion.

But (almost) every social group doing exactly this same thing. Even "the most religiously advanced and spiritual mature group" as JW members are, doing the same thing. :))

As you can see, i made accent with word "shun" on custom of JW org. Shunning is usual practice inside JW org.

But we are also aware of some practice when JW's ask dfd member to live the house (not area). Various Gradation of "expelling people" because of religious (and other) reasons is visible in many social groups.  

If you belong to a golf club and break the rules you may get expelled from the group...... there are many other worldly clubs that do the same to keep their good reputation. When people join the club they know the rules.

If you are unrepentent - and did a gross sin -  you are saying the person must still have full rights?  Even after being baptised and he knows the requirements?  Worldly organizations recognise the need for shunning but we must be different?  Anything goes?  Even if God gives this  instruction for unrepentent people?   Remember - we only do this for people who PERSIST in unrepentent behaviour - who are hardened in their sin - because we first try to win them back.

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

If you belong to a golf club and break the rules you may get expelled from the group......

That part is clear to me. 

What is not the same/similar in this illustration, if we go to compare golf club member and JW member?

suppose that golf club member will say "Hello" to ex-golf club member on the street or will go to coffee together. :))

You all know the fact how I am ex-JW member. But many JW members on this forum (and some in my home town) communicate with me despite "official shunning rule". Perhaps to many of you it is easier to have virtual contacts with ex-JW's, and maybe giving you some feeling of "proper distance" because of this sort of communication or because we didn't have personal previous contacts as JW members. Or, you looking in different way on some JW who was dfd for adultery in comparison to some who left congregation by own will because of doctrinal disagreements, etc.

Well, when golf club (or school) expelled member (or pupil) from institution, they can feel some sort of animosity or disappointment or even angry on him, but majority of them will not treat him as JW's doing with theirs ex-members.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:30 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

but majority of them will not treat him as JW's doing with theirs ex-members.

I know of high society schools and organizations where the shame is very serious and one can forget to ever associate with other members again.

On internet now they dox you, they spread lies about you, and you can lose your job etc  and your children are threatened -  if a certain group do not like you or you said something they do not like.

You are either in denial, very naive, or just desperate at winning a point. Get realistic.  In your small world only JWs are "bad" because they dare to have standards you do not like.

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

I know of high society schools and organizations where the shame is very serious and one can forget to ever associate with other members again.

Does this sort of behavior, that other society groups shows in their environment, is also Bible based and approved by God, no matter  of fact that they are not JW's?  Can we conclude how they also doing God's will, no matter of their spiritual position before that same God and because they belong, or not belong, to some religion, but not to JW religion? 

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

You are either in denial, very naive, or just desperate at winning a point. Get realistic.  In your small world only JWs are "bad" because they dare to have standards you do not like.

If i would judge myself, i would agree with picture how i am very naive :)) But we are not speaking about me or you. We making observation on JW religion, their history and present time. My world is "small" :)) and i will not return back any idea about your "world", because that is not of my concern. I want to speak about "Ideas", not about people and their's "small or big worlds". 

We can talk about "JW standards"and "WT Society standards".

I hope you will accept this humble direction about/for our future conversation. :))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.