The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

9 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Yes, some people are naturally good and kind and there is no need to look down on them.  Satan had the opposite type of personality....... which type of arrogance many people here display..... and they are not as smart as they think they are.... 

I was not talking about the Truth...... I was talking about the law which protect lawyers and clergy from revealing confessions.

Then, please, let me ask this way: Is such law "The Truth" ?

• Views 38.7k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

and if there still is a system of things in ten years,

Thanks my dear.... well put.  These atheists display the personality of their "father".  They produce only insults and have no persuasion capabilities. Steamrolling and bullying is not my idea of a good conversation. Nothing important has been said by any of the smarty-pants to impress me! 

Regarding your last sentence: do not worry...... I think we will see enough developments in global affairs in the next three years which will give you the incentive to hold your head up high for a little longer past the 10 year mark..... we are on the brink of BIG life-altering political developments. Things are building up. 

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I think we will see enough developments in global affairs in the next three years which will give you the incentive to hold your head up high for a little longer past the 10 year mark..... we are on the brink of BIG life-altering political developments.

To me, this is tops among the fine points you bring to the table. I don’t necessarily endorse them. But that is only because I do not have the background or sources that your have. You state things that no one else does, and you state them persuasively. You help me envision the truly monumental changes that we may soon have to adapt to. I appreciate that.

Meanwhile, as long as we remain busy in Jehovah’s service, as you, me, and several others are doing, we can hardly go wrong. He knows when his time has come, even as we struggle to read the tea leaves.

@TrueTomHarley  Well you are always good for a laugh Mr Harley.

Quote "When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. "

Well that was such a great joke.  Because you then go into taunt, ridicule and insult as many folks as you can. 

I've found most of your comments to be useless hot air, or just references to your 'books'. 

And you need to link me to being a disciple of someone else ?  Earlier you actually accused me of being someone else. 

Are you so insecure as to need to do these things ?  Can you not just accept me as being ME ?

On the other hand you accept your GB even with all their faults, and you don't seem to complain about them. You see how that looks like GB worshipping ? 

Oh yes your idea of " elevating self to godhood,", fits your GB well.  

And you burble on about my point of 'Armageddon being ten years away', and you seem to say this 'world' will not survive that long as it is. Well, my faith in God through Christ, tells me that it will take as long as it takes, and God/Christ can keep this 'world' ticking over for another 50 years if they wanted to. Do you not have such faith? 

Spot the contradiction here :- 

Quote "In that time, God will be able to raise up a pure anointed who represents him without flaw. I say, “Go for it!” Maybe you can start it up in your basement ... " 

Can you see the big difference ?  'God will be able to'  as apposed to 'Maybe you can start it up'

Mr Harley, I do not pretend to be God. I leave that stuff to your GB.  God can do millions of things that I cannot do. 

Mr Harley has the same mindset / way of deception, as the GB and the Writing Dept. 

And if you cannot see my reasoning about the use of   “make mistakes” and “errs, then it is because you are deliberately blind  to it. 

Have a good day. 

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

You used these words and made an incorrect assumption.  I do not fall for your bait.

"The Truth" can have more than one meaning. For JW's this expression is understand only as Religious Truth according to WT Society Teachings.

Please go above of JW's definition. :))

"The Truth" in context i using in our conversation includes Every Truth which is Truth In Itself, and which, if we are to include God in it, is acceptable to God and his principles. (Have in mind how God is above all Religions including WT Society)

23 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

On the other hand you accept your GB even with all their faults, and you don't seem to complain about them. 

55 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I am tired of guys who “make mistakes and err.” I want to be where they don’t make mistakes and they don’t err. 

Curse that Alan idiot, anyway! We had a perfectly nice forum of lunatics and he had to spoil it all!

”How is your progress today, TrueTom?” my bevy of psychiatrists asked me at my last appointment. “Are you reintegrating with normal society? A little more progress, and we’ll let you go.”

”Um......uh......well you see.....there was this buffoon who was wrong on the internet....”

21 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Curse that Alan idiot, anyway! We had a perfectly nice forum of lunatics and he had to spoil it all!

”How is your progress today, TrueTom?” my bevy of psychiatrists asked me at my last appointment. “Are you reintegrating with normal society? A little more progress, and we’ll let you go.”

”Um......uh......well you see.....there was this buffoon who was wrong on the internet....”

That all seems a complete waste of space here on this forum.  What are you actually writing about. 

Arauna said:

I think we will see enough developments in global affairs in the next three years which will give you the incentive to hold your head up high for a little longer past the 10 year mark..... we are on the brink of BIG life-altering political developments. Things are building up.

<< As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection. >> -- Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920 Edition, pp. 89-90.

<< Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die. >> -- Millions, p. 97.

<< We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925.

It was on this line of reckoning that the dates 1874, 1914, and 1918 were located; and the Lord has placed the stamp of his seal upon 1914 and 1918 beyond any possibility of erasure. What further evidence do we need?

Using this same measuring line ... it is an easy matter to locate 1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the antitypical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914. The fact that all the things that some looked for in 1914 did not materialize does not alter the chronology one whit. Noting the date marked so prominently, it is very easy for the finite mind to conclude that all the work to be done must center about it, and thus many are inclined to anticipate more than has been really foretold. Thus it was in 1844, in 1874, in 1878 as well as in 1914 and 1918. Looking back we can now easily see that those dates were clearly indicated in Scripture and doubtless intended by the Lord to encourage his people, as they did, as well as to be a means of testing and sifting when all that some expected did not come to pass. That all that some expect to see in 1925 may not transpire that year will not alter the date one whit more than in the other cases. >> -- May 15, 1922 Watch Tower.

J. F. Rutherford later admitted to the Bethel family about his failed prediction, "I know I made an ass of myself."

<< Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. >> -- The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288, regarding the distribution of the book Children.

Article "Why Are You Looking Forward To 1975?" -- The Watchtower, August 15, 1968.

<< The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century. >> -- The Watchtower, January 1, 1989, original edition, p. 12.