The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

35 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

character, but I still do not know who she is

I have no idea who she really is, but she is a name known from the big exJW forum (Simon something-or-other) and I have seen the name on a private yahoo forum run by Witnesses where I have discussed chronology. I haven't checked it in a couple of years, but it has included some Rolf Furuli defenders. (Furuli is a JW with a PhD who has tried to make the Watchtower chronology seem possible. No one outside of a few Watchtower defenders have ever taken him seriously.)

• Views 39.2k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

Do some of your guys spend your life on the web, going from blog to blog / forum to forum ?  How many JW / Ex JW 'sites' are  there ? I'd rather go for a long walk in the countryside and see what God has created, myself, but each to their own :) 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

opposition—he has spurned and opposes EVERYTHING, not just characters of the

So true. I am not impressed with his so-called knowledge.  Hard to reason with anyone who ignores or spurnes other people's reasonable arguments and just grabs something egotistically he can elaborate on which  is a form of intellectual bullying. It does not get my respect.

It seems he has done a lot of research about the inner circle problems the GB had at one time - to the extent where it can be called a  tabloid with all the little titbits about the rumours about some individual's sexuality and preferences ..... real gossip column stuff..... etc. 

I do not read tabloids and neither will I bother to get the inside story on which GB member did what to whom.  As I demonstrated earlier: Jehovah himself appointed a loser in Saul.  Jesus appointed Judas iscariot...... so who are we to get it right every time?  Tests come in all forms and can be exasperating.  Some will lose faith because they put trust in men.  (I know the truth and I know where I learnt it).    Many top brothers may fall out and do bad things  but my faith in the core truths are solid.  Yes, there may still be shame in the pipeline as retro-active law suits are placed.  That is inevitable and part of life as there are Judas' and Sauls everywhere who bring shame on Jehovahs name.  

He is not interested in reason or justice, just destruction.  To win at all cost....... not the ideal kind of person to reason with...... why would he respect a human when he does not respect God?

58 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Do some of your guys spend your life on the web, going from blog to blog / forum to forum ?

I do not participate in the large "JWN" forum. I've tried but there is no way to actually have a Biblical discussion due to the number of non-believers and ridiculers of all things spiritual.

I have participated in forums for studies of the Ancient Near East (ANE) and Biblical Greek and Hebrew, but it's been years since I tried to get questions answered there. I got invited to a chronology forum based on a correspondence with Rolf Furuli. This "theworldnewsmedia" is the only one I have looked at in months. I think it makes a good place to write out my own opinions and concerns and usually get some thoughtful feedback. It's not too crowded, and I'm pretty sure it's small enough so that no one from HQ will take much interest. I'm sure it's not run by elders, btw. Mon 25 @ 11:50 Ong

César Chávez said:

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

I've said several times now: I do not have proof of these things; I have evidence.

If I had proof, a number of Watchtower officials would be in jail.

Just as I have indicated. All talk no action. You and JWinsider can’t prove a thing, but are willing to sully the native to heighten JWinsider’s claim.

Show the proof or get a better job, you’re ego account is not too good as a ringer.

You object to solid evidence as not being absolute proof, yet you believe all manner of falsehoods when the Watchtower Society has no proof for its claims, nor even evidence aside from its bald, unsupported proclamations. Hypocrite!

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

No, what I'm saying is that you and your JW buddies are so twisted by your cult that you'll believe your cult leaders over even the one you claim to follow

In order to have an intellectual debate, it would be better not to muddy the water by you or your kind of baseless opposers. Using your term, Opposer buddies.

Do you actually think that is an answer to what I wrote? No wonder you make no sense.

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

And here I thought that you had a measure of intelligence.

I made no mistakes. You copy/pasted wrong and somehow dropped the 's' on the end of "apologists". You can't even read now.

Aside from that, no! Some of your English grammar is not compatible to Spanish language.

Duh.

You’re assuming too much. There is a difference with Spanish dialects and the Spanish language. From Spain, Argentina, Chile, Brazil to Mexico etc. Trying learning, how to be properly, objective.

Your point?

Therefore, there is no need to debate grammar that some of you do, with your own poor grammar usage.

My grammar is excellent. You have no examples where it isn't. You're a liar.

21 minutes ago, Arauna said:

So true. I am not impressed with his so-called knowledge.  Hard to reason with anyone who ignores or spurnes other people's reasonable arguments and just grabs something egotistically he can elaborate on which  is a form of intellectual bullying. It does not get my respect.

It seems he has done a lot of research about the inner circle problems the GB had at one time - to the extent where it can be called a  tabloid with all the little titbits about the rumours about some individual's sexuality and preferences ..... real gossip column stuff..... etc. 

I do not read tabloids and neither will I bother to get the inside story on which GB member did what to whom.  As I demonstrated earlier: Jehovah himself appointed a loser in Saul.  Jesus appointed Judas iscariot...... so who are we to get it right every time?  Tests come in all forms and can be exasperating.  Some will lose faith because they put trust in men.  (I know the truth and I know where I learnt it).    Many top brothers may fall out and do bad things  but my faith in the core truths are solid.  Yes, there may still be shame in the pipeline as retro-active law suits are placed.  That is inevitable and part of life as there are Judas' and Sauls everywhere who bring shame on Jehovahs name.  

He is not interested in reason or justice, just destruction.  To win at all cost....... not the ideal kind of person to reason with...... why would he respect a human when he does not respect God?

None so blind as those who will not see.

37 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Do some of your guys spend your life on the web, going from blog to blog / forum to forum ?  How many JW / Ex JW 'sites' are  there ? I'd rather go for a long walk in the countryside and see what God has created, myself, but each to their own :) 

Right!!! I find Carm a good discussion forum as well.

César Chávez said:

Interpretation of scripture is best served with exact knowledge. If not, you’re just preaching to the choir. Then I don’t force my opinion on you and you don’t force your opinion on me.

Let me just state. In English language. The word “quire” can also be used.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Forgot to check a dictionary, eh? Do you even know what "quire" means? Or that it's so little used that most English speakers don't know?

However, owns the alter-ego AlanF.

Complete gobble-de-goop. Forgot to use Grammarly?

12 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

Interpretation of scripture is best served with exact knowledge. If not, you’re just preaching to the choir.

WT Society "rowing" (JW TV broadcast with G. Lösch)  about knowledge. So I do not see what  is "exact" about JW theology. Few doctrines that differentiate JW from Catholic church, for example, doesn't prove much. Because same or similar teachings are part of some other denominations or organization, too and vice versa.

It could be how WT Society made own "choir" of members and "preaching" them plenty of "exact clarifications" about "knowledge".  

César Chávez said:

17 minutes ago, AlanF said:

You object to solid evidence as not being absolute proof, yet you believe all manner of falsehoods when the Watchtower Society has no proof for its claims, nor even evidence aside from its bald, unsupported proclamations. Hypocrite!

Where's the solid proof, except from the word of a liar

See? You can't read. I said "solid evidence", but you substitute "solid proof". So you've misrepresented what I said. Is that due to stupidity, or are you deliberately lying?

Do you actually think that is an answer to what I wrote? No wonder you make no sense.

Apparently it did to you. Therefore, I don't care what you think.

More complete gobble-de-goop.
Do you have this trouble reading/writing Spanish? I suspect so.

Your point?

You are ignorant with the Spanish language.

Duh. I already told you that.

My grammar is excellent. You have no examples where it isn't. You're a liar.

I posted one.

You did not. I explained this twice now. Now you're exposing yourself as a liar.

AlanF and Allen or César Chávez,

I forgot exactly what happened last time between you two. But I think that there must be a way to keep this a little bit more civil and still make your points.

I find, for example, that replacing the word "liar" with "disingenuous person" goes a long way, and takes longer to read, too. 😎

Do some of your guys spend your life on the web, going from blog to blog / forum to forum ?  

I have occasional, and dwindling participation on a Reddit site that I learned was the primary source for a certain reporter. “If he gets his stuff there, I’ll go there and leave him something less accusatory,” I said.

Beyond that, I spent a few days at another large website as an experiment, and they welcomed me with open arms until they learned I was not there to join (as they had assumed) after which they were unrelentingly hostile. I was there only a week or two.

Even lesser experience with another, one that @James Thomas Rook Jr. caught me on and stated I had left 12 comments there. (It had been 2 or 3) This is when he thought he could embarrass me. I said 3. He said 12. I said 3.

He responded that he was a former engineer and used to precision and it was 12!

I replied that “if you are a former engineer and no longer are, possibly it is because you cannot count!! It was 3!”

We have been at it ever since, the old pork chop.

I also said (upon learning he had been an engineer in the water department) that with his counting skills, I am sure that there is not a flushing toilet in his entire town! I would have said more, but @JW Insider interjected:

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I forgot exactly what happened last time between you two. But I think that there must be a way to keep this a little bit more civil and still make your points.

Of course, I have my own blog, the jewel of the internet:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com

I had to shorten, even eliminate at times, my own comment section so the The Librarian (that old hen) would not accuse me of spamming when I linked to it. But that’s okay. I don’t get many anyway. I don’t allow the same free-for-all there that goes on here,

JW Insider said:

TrueTomHarley's posts to or regarding me are almost nothing but personal attacks and lies. It's not possible to have a civil discussion with a pathological liar. Do you not agree?

I find, for example, that replacing the word "liar" with "disingenuous person" goes a long way, and takes longer to read, too.

They mean the same thing. As Arauna has said, I prefer to call a spade a spade.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.