The World News Media

Information Control: JWs form a barricade at JW Melbourne protest to keep rank and file JW's from seeing "apostate" signs

Jack Ryan

• Views 6.1k
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No surprise there!   What I do NOT understand is the logic of the men who hate JWs.   They try to prove that we are impure and allow homeosexuality (when we clearly do not) and in the next brea

That's only about 17% of the Governing Body being homosexual or homosexual child molesters. I remember a survey the Catholic Church did about 35 years ago, (about the same time period ...) and  a

Dear @Arauna , nothing in my comments are written because of hate. Just try to openly discussing about religious practice and reasons for such beliefs and practice. 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Arauna said:

No surprise because you have a negative opinion.... and I suspect a hate for all authority...in any shape or form

@Arauna  And you have a blanket belief in your GB which you worship and the JW Org which you serve . 

You are soooooooo blind to the real truth that you have to pretend to yourself that anything spoken  against the GB and its Org, is because of hate. You are not intelligent enough to comprehend real truth. 

You do not even reason with anyone.  In case you forget what you have written :- 

Quote  "What I do NOT understand is the logic of the men who hate JWs. "  

Then also quote :- 

"They try to prove that we are impure and allow homeosexuality (when we clearly do not) "

Um, maybe try adding this bit to another topic on this forum which speaks about past GB members being Homosexual.  

2 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

You are not intelligent enough to comprehend real truth. 

I did not know you have the professional qualification to determine my intelligence? ... as to your opinions..... they do tell a lot about you. 

3 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

GB which you worship and the JW Org which you serve . 

Now this is also a fallacy - so I do not think I will waste my time to correct your thinking about whom I worship. Think what you will. You have a right to a silly opinion.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

No surprise because you have a negative opinion.... and I suspect a hate for all authority...in any shape or form

There you go with those pesky assumptions again.  I know this is what you are fed by those in power above you. "All who disagree with what the wt says, must be full of hate and malice towards jws. " It is the classic mantra of those who want to keep you under control.

"Do not look behind the curtain!" - the great Oz. 

I'll tell you what Arauna, if I were here to spread hate, there would be plenty more of it. The fact of the matter is that you and I are very similar, we both want to open each others eyes. 

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

You are not intelligent enough to comprehend real truth. 

That's just not true. 

I believe that the majority of people are very much capable, but give their reasoning over to others to decide for them, its easier that way for some.  

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

I know this is what you are fed by those in power above you.... It is the classic mantra of those who want to keep you under control.

There are few things more off-putting than condescension 

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

The fact of the matter is that you [Arauna] and I are very similar,

Not at all.

If you negate the upside of something, your sense of proportion goes all awry. There is nothing left to focus on but the downside, and to bang away at it until it seems far more imposing than it truly is. In fact, if you negate the upside, ANY downside becomes intolerable.

You have negated the upside. She has not.

She knows there is a downside. She knows it is a price well worth paying in view of the upside. She knows that any human being or institution crumbles under relentless accusation. Even Job fared poorly at the hands of his three interrogators.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Even Job fared poorly at the hands of his three interrogators.

I don't think he fared "poorly", as after three days of fake comfort anything they had to say was so irrelevant that it was not recorded in Scripture.

They just had nothing to say to contribute to his dire circumstances in a positive way, even though that is supposedly why they were there.

.... a VERY common phenomenon.

Guest Tom Henry
On 12/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, JW Insider said:

I'm pretty sure there was never any accusation concerning more than 3 of them out of 17 or 18 contemporary GB members at the time. (Jaracz, Greenlees, Chitty) I do not believe there was the slightest suspicion upon any of the others at the time, nor any of the current members either.

Does anyone have solid proof of homosexual behavior by these people mentioned? I noticed years ago, the Librarian commented on this subject.

Dear Reader,

https://www.jw-archive.org/post/84800326628/why-were-leo-greenlees-and-ewart-chitty-forced-to

Brother Ewart Chitty resigned in 1979. The reason was never stated officially. There were only ALLEGATIONS of homosexuality that some still refer to. 

Brother Leo Greenlees resigned in 1984. Again, no official reason offered. The “gossip” ever since around the internet and elsewhere is that it was due to pedophilic practices. No actual reason was ever officially offered.

The reason for such allegations against them is that some point to the article in January 1, 1986 WT article (p. 13), which commented: “Shocking as it is, some who have been prominent in Jehovah’s organization have succumbed to homosexuality and child molesting.”

I don’t believe our main article on the Governing Body touched on these points because it is all based on speculation and conjecture."

It appears some wife swapping was omitted.

*** w86 1/1 p. 13 par. 12 Days Like “the Days of Noah” ***

12 Shocking as it is, even some who have been prominent in Jehovah’s organization have succumbed to immoral practices, including homosexuality, wife swapping, and child molesting. It is to be noted, also, that during the past year, 36,638 individuals had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation, the greater number of them for practicing immorality. Jehovah’s organization must be kept clean!

It should be noted, the article above was NOT specifically speaking about the GB individuals mentioned, but the nearly 37,000 individuals that were disfellowshipped for whatever reason such as immoral behavior.

Therefore, it is as the Librarian mentioned, just speculation and conjecture if proof is not provided to such allegations.

1975-Ewart C. Chitty of London, England, who is secretary-treasurer of the International Bible Students Association. Leo K. Greenlees was already a GB member when Chitty was appointed to the body.

Simply relying on an “anonymous” blogger that presented no evidence but rather compiled ex-witness information (speculation) from apostate sites is not evidence.

I tell you what all of us MIGHT do to get the straight scoop ... the low down .. the bird's eye view, and the real nitty- gritty on this caper.

I have done what I am recommending to you, here and now ... several times in my life, on different issues of serious and pressing concern.

EACH of us should write a letter to "The Collective Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses," in Warwick, New York, at World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, with a print out of this entire thread, and in the cover letter ask these specific questions, in such a manner that they can be answered in a simple "YES", or "NO"., as well as in narrative form.

They should have no legal objections to telling the complete and honest, and absolute truth in any reply letter, as the principals are dead, and legally, the dead cannot be slandered, libeled,  or caused any harm.  Besides, there is a clear and present and over- riding reason to tell you the complete truth, and  that is:

1.)    As men of integrity, their oath to Jehovah God demands that they tell the truth, when asked, and

2.)    it will inspire confidence in any fact that the Governing Body DOES tell the truth, which currently, and for many years now, has been in legitimate and serious question.

And there are certainly many other reasons  that the average ten JWs could list, if they cared about the real history of how we got to be where we are today, and just basically want to know TRUTH for the sake of truth.

After the letter is composed, written, and assembled with reference material, three complete copies should be made,

1. A copy to be kept at home as a permanent record, and

2.) The original sent by certified mail, return receipt requested to the Collective Governing Body at Watchtower Headquarters, and

3.)    A copy sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the Collective Body of Elders at your Kingdom Hall, if you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses, or if not, to the Religion Editor of the local newspaper, and

4.)   A copy to be kept unopened, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to yourself.

Enclose, whether you are a JW or not, a personal check for $25.00 as a donation.

Now, sit back and wait , for in about three months, you will have all your questions answered.

Over the years, I have actually done this several times for various issues that concerned me, ( before the Society relocated to Warlick, New York) .

Results may vary, but at least you will know, that the GB are honest men of integrity, and devoted to TRUTH.

..... or not.

Total cost ....  a full day of your time, and about $45 ... as they WILL cash the check.

dt191210.gif

4 hours ago, Tom Henry said:

no official reason offered

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

1.)    As men of integrity, their oath to Jehovah God demands that they tell the truth, when asked,

I think how two things must be destroyed to dust before.

1) Priest,Clergy,Lawyer,Client - penitent privilege  

2) Spiritual Warfare

.....and then, maybe, we get the answers :)

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have done what I am recommending to you, here and now ... several times in my life, on different issues of serious and pressing concern.

Are you any relation to the James Rookus of history who wrote to the older men in late first-century Jerusalem demanding, as they were MEN of HONOR, that they answer:

1 WHY they did not address the INJUSTICES highlighted by the WHISTLEBLOWERS that Jude wrote about?

2 HOW did they account for their NEGLIGENT track record so that John could “rejoice” that SOME of the children are walking in the truth. Why did they not shepherd better so that ALL of them would do so?

3. WHY did The PROMOTE the guy who KNUCKLED UNDER when Jews showed up and disapproved of him hanging out with Gentile Christians and who had a TRACK RECORD of knuckling under—even THREE TIMES on a certain evening?

And that’s just for starters.

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

it will inspire confidence in any fact that the Governing Body DOES tell the truth,

Nah. If it is not the answer their enemies expect, they will just assume that they are lying.