The World News Media

Jehovah hates turkey

Matthew9969

Got another reminder from my jw mom that Jehovah hates thanksgiving. I haven't hosted a thanksgiving dinner in over 12 years, so this year I wanted to relax at home and cook my own turkey this year, and was further reminded how much Jehovah hates turkey because it's a grave sin to cook turkey on a certain day, so much so that Jehovah is willing to kill billions of people if they cook a turkey and eat it. But thanksgiving is over, now jw's can feel free to enjoy their post thanksgiving dinner as thousands of jw's will be cooking turkey today and secretly enjoying their own thanksgiving holiday. So you naughty jw's better plan on spending extra time at those carts this weekend so you'll get Jehovah's forgiveness for eating that turkey.

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On topic. I have honestly known JW's that will not have a proper cooked dinned on Christmas day, as it looks like a Christmas dinner. 'For fear of stumbling others'.  They just have a salad or so

JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid JWI is stupid Respectful

When the cake deteriorates into crumbs, it is no longer a cake, and my wife rolls it into the casserole for dinner the next day. Accepted as such. That’s why the same cry of ‘foul’ is made for

Posted Images

On topic. I have honestly known JW's that will not have a proper cooked dinned on Christmas day, as it looks like a Christmas dinner.

'For fear of stumbling others'.  They just have a salad or soup or some other small meal. 

I remember when working with some brothers years ago (they were builders) and i took a box of mince pies for lunch. Not one of those brothers would eat a mince pie :) It was soooooooooo funny.

When i think of what wicked things go on in the JW org, and then some JW's worry about christmas day dinner and mince pies. Where is the common sense ?  Where is the sense of balance ? 

It's not just JWs, there are Christians who do not celebrate Thanksgiving at all, as is with other Holidays that do not pertain to the Christ or the Church. More so, this day is seen as a Day of Mourning, for some - reasons as to such is written in blood by means of history.

Continue to celebrate the festivities, if you wish, you can choose to serve the goddess of harvest known as Ceres, for me, I, like Jesus had stated, choose to serve only the true God, Yahweh - Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8. Which is ironic because a while back you stated you listen to the Lord, Christ Jesus...

That being said, you have to be out of whack to serve and or worship another God because the True God of Israel, if others know this, and even JWs, know this, perhaps you should do the same, which was proven before, you are a mainstream Christian.

I love mince pies, turkey and fruit cakes - the real rich ones.  Wait a few days after the world has celebrated their pagan festivities and then go down to the shop....... get them at a much reduced price and put them in the freezer........ then have a feast afterward..... whenever you like.  No need to feel deprived ..... heh? 

This year in our part of the world storms impacted travelers both to AND fro Thanksgiving weekend. In service, whenever I saw cars in the driveway, I would include mention of this, with encouragement to stay safe, delay travel if need be, etc.

There is something nice about not being locked into holiday routine so that if you have something planned and the weather is rotten, you can say: “Forget it! Let’s move it back a month.”

My point about not eating mince pies or turkey is that IMO it seems like an anti-holiday thing, which in it's own way is recognising the holiday exists. To recognise the holiday exists is being part of the world. It's all so crazy.  Just like reading all the ingredients on a tin to make sure there is no blood in the food.  Who actually reads every label on every thing ? The sin would surely be if one deliberately ate what should not be eaten ? But to go looking for it, is that really necessary ? 

By the way mince pies are here in UK now and I've eaten loads already.  

Oh and it seems Space Merchant has gotten eating food mixed up with celebrating festivals 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Space Merchant said:

It's not just JWs, there are Christians who do not celebrate Thanksgiving at all, as is with other Holidays that do not pertain to the Christ or the Church. More so, this day is seen as a Day of Mourning, for some - reasons as to such is written in blood by means of history.

Continue to celebrate the festivities, if you wish, you can choose to serve the goddess of harvest known as Ceres, for me, I, like Jesus had stated, choose to serve only the true God, Yahweh - Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8. Which is ironic because a while back you stated you listen to the Lord, Christ Jesus...

That being said, you have to be out of whack to serve and or worship another God because the True God of Israel, if others know this, and even JWs, know this, perhaps you should do the same, which was proven before, you are a mainstream Christian.

I dedicated the gravy to thor, I heard he loves gravy...😜

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

My point about not eating mince pies or turkey is that IMO it seems like an anti-holiday thing, which in it's own way is recognising the holiday exists. To recognise the holiday exists is being part of the world. It's all so crazy.  Just like reading all the ingredients on a tin to make sure there is no blood in the food.  Who actually reads every label on every thing ? The sin would surely be if one deliberately ate what should not be eaten ? But to go looking for it, is that really necessary ? 

By the way mince pies are here in UK now and I've eaten loads already.  

Oh and it seems Space Merchant has gotten eating food mixed up with celebrating festivals 

He/she is a jw masquerading as a Unitarian, so he/she is very conflicted and confused.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.