The World News Media

If a son is not to pay for the sins of the father, why did we have to suffer for the original sin? Wouldn't that be making everyone pay for the sin of one man?

Jack Ryan

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You helped me a lot to understand. Thanks :)))

... how many days or years dead fan spins, in your example?

One can go further with the analogy. Those blades are spinning like mad when the plug is pulled. It takes a long long time for them to come to a halt. According, the lifespans reported on in the Bible steadily decrease—from around 900 (Genesis 5) to around 4-500 (Genesis 11) to Abraham’s time of 150-170, to the psalmist’s time of 70-80, to the 30 of the Middle Ages—at which point better sanitary and some scientific advance begins to kick in to bring it back to the present 70-90. 

Nor does the understanding of genetics that you or I learned as a child really account for imperfection being passed along in the way that JTR says. Whatever happened after the first couple’s disobedience would have been an acquired trait, and it was long thought that acquired traits were not passed on genetically.

The recent study of “epigenetics,” however, makes clear that they are. Once again, science as it advances sheds light on something from the Bible. I wrote about the change here:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2010/02/epigenetics-and-the-update-of-darwin.html

• Views 768
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not God who gave all future generations a severely limited lifespan ... it was their parents. But didn't God reduce that life span to 120 years then 70 years ?  3 score year + ten. 

@James Thomas Rook Jr.  NWT Genesis 6 v 3  Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely,b because he is only flesh.* Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.”

Death was punishment for Adam sin. I don't recall what verse said Adam and Eve will live this or that number of years before they die. Verse that say: “in the day that you eat from it you shall surely

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

According, the lifespans reported on in the Bible steadily decrease—from around 900 (Genesis 5) to around 4-500 (Genesis 11) to Abraham’s time of 150-170, to the psalmist’s time of 70-80, to the 30 of the Middle Ages—at which point better sanitary and some scientific advance begins to kick in to bring it back to the present 70-90. 

Is it possible to assume how life span from Adam to nowadays are not falling in some mathematical order or in order to be shut down in full at some moment .... like Tom's fan ? 

What this huge difference in years of life span in various time periods says, explains? We would expect how life span, now (because of global end aka Armageddon), would be miserably law, to the point that babies dies at birth. But that not happens. Obviously, something else we need, and not fan, as more understandable explanation why psalmist speaking about 70-80 years as sort of proper normative for measuring that amount of years in human life as some normal length. Would be any difference if life span is 455 years and then go to dust?

35 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Obviously, something else we need, and not fan, as more understandable explanation why psalmist speaking about 70-80 years as sort of proper normative 

Everyone else gets the point of this illustration. They are not deliberately obtuse. I gave credit to your precious science for partially reversing the trend to recover from Dark Ages 30 to the present 80. What more do you want?

Maybe you can keep going in that positive direction. Maybe science can bring back those life expectancies of 900 years. Maybe it can leave even that in the dust and go for immortal life. What do you think?

When I was a pre-teenager, I used to stick my four fingers into an energized electric fan, just to "see" what would happen.

I hated it when it caught on my fingernails.

Hint: always have the palm of your hand facing the incoming blade.

I suppose things like this is why women live longer than men.

I presume life shortened from the time after the flood due to radiation from the sun. Of course it would take time for that to kick in but I presume it had an effect on the human body. Is it radiation or UV something like that ?  I know we are now supposed to use 'sun blockers' / sun lotion. Just a thought 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.