The World News Media

Why did God kill Lots wife for checking out the giant fireballs raining from the sky upon the city she lived in but saw no fault in Lot and his daughters who survived and later got their father boozed up and raped him so they could have his babies?

Jack Ryan

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

they could well be leading a clean life. But they are still shunned.

I have had such a case in our family.  At first the person was not shunned but later the behaviour and attitude did become so bad and wicked that no-one wanted to mix with them. Of course it is never the person's own fault - it is always the witnesses who  are at fault, who think they are holy....

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Jesus himself ate with Tax Collectors and sinners. He

We also go out and preach to tax collectors and sinners and I have eaten with them and had coffee with them.  But if you had read the scriptures quoted above properly , you will see it refers to "brothers" who do  sinful  things. The scripture says to "stop' associating with them. 

So if you had previously been a brother and your lifestyle becomes wicked then we would also stop associating with you.  

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe Jesus just wanted to give a lesson about shunning.

I wish I could ..... I have arthritis in my hands and I am battling to highlight sentences on the pad. I have to move the wrist to copy and these movements are too large. Most of my time goes into try

I know the feeling .... especially since the Dry Cleaners lost my Superman suit.

Posted Images

Quote 'So if you had previously been a brother and your lifestyle becomes wicked then we would also stop associating with you.'

You are almost funny @Arauna, but actually your comments are quite sad. 

You deliberately avoid answering a question when you know that the GB and its Org are wrong. 

Has Jesus Christ given you authority to judge ? I think not. Especially when you don't know people personally. In my opinion, many 'brothers and sisters' are leaving the JW Org of their own free will. Some on here have said how easy it is to leave the Org, and I think many people are doing just that for many reasons. So then they are no longer 'brothers or sisters', therefore they are not calling themselves a brother. 

The scripture you misuse applies to a person that IS a brother or sisters, but sins against God, and it was applied to the Anointed when written. As you may know, my feelings are that the scriptures apply to the true Anointed much more than to the 'other sheep'. 

As Jesus said 'I have other sheep that are not of this fold', therefore he was talking to the Anointed. 

Arauna:

It would be helpful to me if when you are quoting someone, PLEASE quote at least the complete sentence.

Perhaps even with some context.

Thanks.

These cut off, fragmented sentences remind me too much of trying to say something to one of my ex-mothers-in-law.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

PLEASE quote at least the complete sentence

I wish I could ..... I have arthritis in my hands and I am battling to highlight sentences on the pad. I have to move the wrist to copy and these movements are too large. Most of my time goes into trying to copy..... it is frustrating. This is why I now just write quickly how I speak - just correct the barest necessity.  Apologies...... I must be frustrating the lot of you.  Soon I will disappear again for a while.  I do only come on here intermittendly.

I am sorry ... I did not know you were writing on a tablet or pad.

I do my writing on a laptop, with a USB keyboard in front at an angle, with the back on a brick., and with a USB mouse, it is almost effortless, and I type with two fingers.

If it's one thing I have learned in life ... use the best tools you can't afford, even if it means missing two meals a day.

7 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

use the best tools you can't afford, even if it means missing two meals a

I wake up at night and write on my pad. .... or early in morning in bed while husband is blessed with long sleep.  I am separated by 8 hours from you guys. (Republic of Georgia).  I will try to do a better job. I also struggle to copy scriptures... that is why my quotation if scripture is mostly from memory.  Funny how small handicaps make life harder when you get older.    

On 12/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Cleaners lost my Superman suit.

I do enjoy the entertainment value here ..... sometimes we need crazy comments to lighten things up.

Swedish culture is very serious, South African culture (white) suffers from the same malaise.  

Every culture is different - so if I irritate some here - ascribe it to culture.  Of course - there is a time to joke and a time to be serious.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.