The World News Media

18-34 year olds living with their parents.

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 858
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the most ridiculous.....excuse me.......MOM—put your joint out! I can smell it wafting down here! Remember.....catch the house on fire and I don’t have a fire escape down here!

I figured it was going to be exactly in line with the cost of living index for each state with extra weighting given to the housing cost variable. I looked at the states with the highest numbers on th

The document appended was downloaded when the use of marijuana was allowed.Marijuana effects.docx

I mean, coming from an islander standpoint, there's no problem in this, especially when one needs to get on his feet, work on him or her self before going on their own and or if they are dealing with a situation, they have relatives to fall back on. Some cultures have no issues with this, including mine, but we do encourage the person to take some steps to try and do something, however, I can't say much for the American culture in this regard, not everyone is the same.

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My guess is that the States that have legalized marijuana have the highest incidents of 18-34 children living with their parents.

I figured it was going to be exactly in line with the cost of living index for each state with extra weighting given to the housing cost variable. I looked at the states with the highest numbers on the list, and there is also a correspondence to the states where the highest number of children are sent to the most expensive universities. 

But I don't see any correspondence to legalized marijuana, especially since these rankings began to be "baked in" before marijuana legalization became a factor after 2008.

https://www.policygenius.com/blog/which-states-have-the-most-young-adults-living-with-their-parents/

I looked at a few sites like the one above, and noticed that Colorado (legalized) has one of the lowest rates of young adults living at home 24.4 percent ranks it at #43. Oregon and Washington score very well, too, though legalized. North Carolina is somewhere near the middle, ranking #28 with 30.4 percent. South Carolina is a little worse: #21 at 32.6 percent. Most of the Southern States are in worse shape than the Carolinas in this respect. But the top five worse states have not legalized marijuana (NY, NJ, CT, FL.) Michigan which has legalized is no different from Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Texas. Nevada which has legalized is right in the middle there with the Carolinas.

The one state that is near the worst (#6) AND has legalized is California. But this is also a state where a high number of children are sent to expensive colleges, and the cost of living is very high, and housing prices are through the roof.

Other than California, there appears to be no correlation, or even a negative correlation (so far). On the other hand how really different is California's 38.3 rate to South Carolina's 32.6 rate? It looks like a national problem to me.

@JW Insider One thing for certain, that reminds me of a time, a few years back one summer, I was on a small missionary tour with 2 other people, we had a call from a woman who wanted to do the Bible Study at her house and the subject matter was about the parables that Christ gave, more specifically regarding the Sower. The place she was dwelling it was called "The Tree House", and quite literally, the second you entered that apartment building, every corner, every turn, the stairwells, the elevators, the marijuana scent was there. Of course the only sign of relief was the windows, and the only person who had issue with this was one of the people that were with us, so technically, wherever there was an open window, we posted up there for a bit before continuing.

Other than that, for me personally, I see marijuana as a danger, so for a guy like me, seeing it being legalized in parts of the US is both confusing and baffling, but the decision is for them to make, and sometimes there is always a price to be paid.

3 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

I see marijuana as a danger, so for a guy like me, seeing it being legalized in parts of the US is both confusing and baffling, but the decision is for them to make, and sometimes there is always a price to be paid.

I'm sure marijuana can be dangerous, I would never defend it. Alcohol, the OTHER big legalized drug, has been much worse at causing millions of deaths and injuries and family break-ups. But that doesn't mean you don't pay a price for legalizing any drug for recreational use. 

I'm guessing that part of it is greed. Marijuana has become part of the culture because "millennials" (for example) have found that the high they get from marijuana is more relaxing than beer and even easier to get and easier on their diets and their "system." Since it's already there, and a lot of persons of color are making a lot of money on it, illegally, the states and pharma would like a bigger piece of this "action" spread all around to their friends. Some of the biggest profiteers off marijuana so far have been the private prison systems and some lawyers and courts, but that's not nearly as much as the state (and many others) could make by turning it into both a pharmaceutical and a legalized version of "alcohol." 

In Manhattan, just last week, I asked a 50-some-year-old policeman at a coffee shop at 34th and Park if he was getting ready for the big night of drunken revelries. He said that drunks are less and less of a problem in NYC around New Year's Eve. More of the drinking is in homes, indoor parties, and bars, and more of the people who come out these days THINK that marijuana is legal. But these persons who are high, are much less of a problem in terms of sickness, accidents, violence, loud disturbance. I asked him if he thought there would be a lot of drug arrests, then. He said he'd rather have a crowd of marijuana smokers than a bunch of "alcohol mayhem."

6 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

@JW Insider One thing for certain, that reminds me of a time, a few years back one summer, I was on a small missionary tour with 2 other people, we had a call from a woman who wanted to do the Bible Study at her house and the subject matter was about the parables that Christ gave, more specifically regarding the Sower. The place she was dwelling it was called "The Tree House", and quite literally, the second you entered that apartment building, every corner, every turn, the stairwells, the elevators, the marijuana scent was there. Of course the only sign of relief was the windows, and the only person who had issue with this was one of the people that were with us, so technically, wherever there was an open window, we posted up there for a bit before continuing.

Other than that, for me personally, I see marijuana as a danger, so for a guy like me, seeing it being legalized in parts of the US is both confusing and baffling, but the decision is for them to make, and sometimes there is always a price to be paid.

The document appended was downloaded when the use of marijuana was allowed.Marijuana effects.docx

10 hours ago, Colin Browne said:

I appreciate this. When push comes to shove, you do have endorsement in the Bible for reasonable and optional use of alcoholic beverages. That is not the case with marijuana. 

The loss of IQ points with marijuana would be enough to stop me in my tracks. I need every point I can get.

You do not have endorsement from the Bible for the reasonable and optional use of a motorcycle ( very risky).  That is not the case with Chariots.

Just remember this very basic GB rule and you will get along fine.

"Anything not SPECIFICALLY permitted by the Bible or the GB .... is forbidden.".

The Bible says "Abstain from Blood".

...seems crystal clear and totally unambiguous.

The GB says, if you hose blood's  fractions into your arms with 14 different tubes ... it's a matter of conscience.

As Marvin Webster sez:  "W' Zup with that?