The World News Media

Haiti Ten Years Later—Is Nothing Fixed?

TrueTomHarley

23 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The Message Bible  Ecclesiastes 12:12 (MSG) But regarding anything beyond this, dear friend, go easy. There's no end to the publishing of books, and constant study wears you out so you're no good for anything else.

So why would your GB want to be spending so much money on new buildings and new equipment, if 'THE END' IS SO CLOSE NOW ?

It is a pyramid scheme, or so it seems!

Because there is no transparency of where funds go, no one but those at the top of the pyramid, know how much money has been foolishly squandered in the “making of many books”.  But, JWs put full trust in the secure hope that their donations/investments in the company are wisely used – a “gift” they give, but that never brings solid, "well fastened" returns.

I appreciate the verses directly before what you quoted:

Further, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge. Yes, he pondered, sought out, and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Preacher sought to find out acceptable words, and that which was written blamelessly, words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are like goads; and like nails well fastened are words from the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.  Eccl 12:9-11

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ten years to the day after Haiti suffered a magnitude 7 earthquake that killed 250,000, CBS News sent Jeff Glor to Port au Prince to report on progress. There wasn’t any—or at least, it didn’t seem th

Thank you Srecko.  It needed to be said. “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good t

No, I get the point.  But, perhaps you need to compare apples to apples - a religion in the world, compared to other religions in the world.  https://thehumanist.com/commentary/disaster-relief-can-hum

1 hour ago, Witness said:

money has been foolishly squandered in the “making of many books

Assumptions and accusations. I bet, even if they published the finances,  you would be combing through it for hours to prove that ten cents have been misspent!

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Assumptions and accusations. I bet, even if they published the finances,  you would be combing through it for hours to prove that ten cents have been misspent!

I wouldn’t even consider it.  The organization and its leaders have a tainted reputation, that goes way back.  Follow it, and tell me if you cannot perceive its deception. It breaks each of God’s laws in Christ, but has an uncanny ability to hide this fact from those who are more loyal to the organization than they are to God and His decrees. 

Ps 119:18-24 

I defend God, Arauna.  I defend Christ.  I don’t defend an illusion. And neither should you.   Zech 10:2; Rev 18:4-8

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.