The World News Media

Inside The Lost Jehovah's Witnesses Tunnels Under Brooklyn Heights

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://gothamist.com/news/inside-the-lost-jehovahs-witnesses-tunnels-under-brooklyn-heights

I thought this article was quite interesting and slightly funny too :-

"It was a little creepy" in the tunnels, Gregory Hall, 

"I've heard of some real strange things that happened down there" in the tunnels, Hall said, without going into detail. He did recall seeing "chain-link cages that they had their offices in. It felt weird. It was not real comfortable."

Since the tunnels were largely secluded, some elders reportedly saw them as an opportunity to corner members away from the rest of the community. Once, Hall said, an older JW man took him into the tunnels, then started talking to him about masturbation. (In a recently released video entitled "Pillowgate," two JW leaders are shown inveighing against masturbation; Hall said the Witnesses are infuriated about the video and are searching for a mole they believe leaked it.)

[I thought] 'I don't even know you, I feel creepy down here, and you're bringing that up to me?'" Hall recalled. "When those doors closed down in those areas, I didn't feel comfortable. Some of those guys, they lose touch with reality."

Read the whole article if you have time :) 

• Views 622
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://gothamist.com/news/inside-the-lost-jehovahs-witnesses-tunnels-under-brooklyn-heights I thought this article was quite interesting and slightly funny too :- "It was a little creepy" i

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.