The World News Media

More Russian Jehovah’s Witnesses get asylum in Norway

Isabella

Norwegian immigration directorate (UDI) confirms that more Jehovah’s Witnesses from Russia are granted asylum in the Nordic country.

They seek protection and fear persecution because of their religion, UDI spokeswoman Oda Gilleberg says to newspaper Vårt Land.

There has been a growing number of asylum seekers from the religious community in Russia over the last years. In 2009, a total of nine Russian got Norwegian asylum and some of these were Jehovah’s Witnesses, Aftenposten reports.

In 2018, police in Murmansk started a series of raids against the religious community in the region.

More than a thousand people are now seeking asylum in several European countries.

Russian authorities in 2017 categorized the religious community as «extremist» and banned it in the country. Since then, up to 300 Russian Jehova’s Witnesses have been charged and taken to court, the community informs.

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/life-and-public/2020/01/more-russian-jehovahs-witnesses-get-asylum-norway

• Views 2k
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here I am, 1:30 in the morning, waiting for a long distance phone call from the planet Remulac on the "Big Phone", eating raw eggs and drinking six paxks of beer .. and  I had the strangest recollecti

And assets... https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2018/11/15/the-watchtower-bible-tract-society-1-45-billion-in-assets/#comments

I understand these principles better than you do, Witness It is clear to me that in Jesus' time on Earth, the system of theology practiced by the Jews he fulfilled without exception, until it was

Posted Images

The Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, and many others  during World War II prayed to God for salvation, not understanding that FREEDOM means many hardships, and death as the price that often or always must be paid .... and there are no exceptions .... EVER.

The last time Jehovah God tweaked the global experiment that is the human race was about 2,000 years ago.

Similarly, when we are being chastised into prison, and later into death, we have two choices:

1.) Rely on the prayers of eight million and more Brothers and Sisters for your salvation, to Jehovah God who according to all non-fantasy hard data has not interfered with ANY person, nation or organization in any way whatsoever, in modern times, or

2.) Sell everything you own at ten kopeks on the ruble (ten cents on the dollar), and get out of town, fast.

Otherwise ... FREEDOM is just a null-word, with no meaning.

......... that is how the Universe REALLY works.

The Jews tried to hold onto their property, and real estate, but "left town fast" ....  up the chimney of a crematorium.

That is the preamble of what is going on in the Russian Federation, now !

@James Thomas Rook Jr.  You have a great, and realistic, sense of humour. 

However, the 1st century Christians were persecuted but i don't remember reading about them running off to foreign lands to hide. 

The scripture at Acts 5 v 29 comes to mind. 

In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

So, a question arises. Should these 'brothers and sisters' now run off and hide, or should they suffer the persecution ?  

It's a bit like what John Butler said about the GB when relating it to people that were destroyed by God in bible times. It is so easy to read about God killing people, such as at 2 Kings 19 v 35

New International Version
That night the angel of the LORD went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning--there were all the dead bodies!

And we can read about how God killed the Egyptian Army, and about the Flood of Noah's day.

BUT when it comes to NOW, it is a totally different matter. This is where TRUE FAITH comes alive. The faith in the resurrection. But true faith can only result from TRUTH, and unfortunately JW Org does not have TRUTH. 

As for me I would not suffer persecution for the sake of JW Org. It seems that many in Russia feel the same way. 

19 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

@James Thomas Rook Jr.  You have a great, and realistic, sense of humour. 

However, the 1st century Christians were persecuted but i don't remember reading about them running off to foreign lands to hide. 

Here I am, 1:30 in the morning, waiting for a long distance phone call from the planet Remulac on the "Big Phone", eating raw eggs and drinking six paxks of beer .. and  I had the strangest recollection.....

Jesus, Mary and his Stepdad Joseph ran off to Egypt to hide for a couple of years, while Roman bad guys were killing babies in Israel.

Remember the convention theme "Follow Jesus"?

.... exit ... stage left!

Don't let the camel bite ya in the butt!

Denile is not just a river in Egypt!

I think Joseph and family acted under instruction from God, not man. It was for obvious reasons too.

Matthew 2 v 13 & 14.

After they had departed, look! Jehovah’s angel appeared to Joseph in a dream,h saying: “Get up, take the young child and his mother and flee to Egypt, and stay there until I give you word, for Herod is about to search for the young child to kill him.” 14  So Joseph got up and by night took along the young child and the child’s mother and went into Egypt. 

BUT I'm sure I've seen at JW assemblies this idea of facing the 'enemy' 

What's that scripture about 'Stand up tall and see the destruction of your enemies' (something like that)

However Did first century Christians RUN AWAY ?   

Should JWs run away ? 

Isn't it about being able to suffer persecution for your faith in God and your love of God ? 

Or were they 'inspired of God' to flee to Norway ? 

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I don't know about you .... but when in a fight, I try not to lean INTO a punch.

The best place to be when troops fix bayonets ... is somewhere else.

I could not imagine you running away if persecution came your way. 

But seriously, if this is the expected thing to happen to JWs earthwide, then what is the recommended course of action from your 'leaders' ? 

Personally I'm a coward and it would take a lot of answered prayers for me to stand firm against physical persecution.  So should JWs pray and stand firm, or turn and run ? 

On 1/29/2020 at 6:08 PM, Isabella said:

Norwegian immigration directorate (UDI) confirms that more Jehovah’s Witnesses from Russia are granted asylum in the Nordic country.

They seek protection and fear persecution because of their religion, UDI spokeswoman Oda Gilleberg says to newspaper Vårt Land.

This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is best for you,
    who directs you in the way you should go.
 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
    your peace would have been like a river,
    your well-being like the waves of the sea.

Your descendants would have been like the sand,
    your children like its numberless grains;
their name would never be blotted out
    nor destroyed from before me.”  Isa 48:17-19  The entire chapter is well worth reading

It seems quite clear that “fleeing” from those who rob us of eternal life by their false teaching is the utmost importance.   Matt 7:15-20

“The Spirit is the one who gives life. The flesh doesn’t help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”  John 6:63

We’re aware that saving our ‘skin’, means nothing in the long run, if we are tolerant of men who continually lead us down the wrong spiritual path.  Matt 10:39   We may escape a bayonet for now, but it only buys a little time before we face eternal judgment before Christ. 

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?’ 23 Then I will announce to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers!’ Matt 7:21-23

JWs pride themselves on “preaching the good news of the Kingdom”… prophesying that it will come.  This message is based on dates and ever-changing lies, the need to enter an organization holding the promise of salvation, yet is rife with child abuse,and the insatiable desire of its leaders to build. (which, the *Freemasons are known for) Luke 4:5-7     If JWs could dissect what message they are sending, they would see the destructive course they lead people to, and what they are also adhering to.   

Losing our eternal life by tolerating the organization’s lies is the authentic reality that each JW is facing.  Jesus judges us according to our obedience to HIS word, not by the words of men. John 8:51; Matt 15:9 

“So when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place” (let the reader understand), 16 “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains.”  Matt 24:15,16

We have a repeat of this event, only on the spiritual level as told to us in Revelation. Standing in the holy place, the Temple of God, are elder “Gentiles” who “rule” over the Temple “living stones” – “Israel”.   1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17

Rev 11:1,2 – “I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.” 

The “Gentile” elder body ruling over the anointed, is “rebellion”. Ezek 44:6-9 It is the “northern army” to come upon “Israel” and all with them.  GB David Splane left out pertinent scriptures when explaining the locust as the nation's military forces in the world.  He failed, either out of his own blindness or through an act of deceit, to reveal Joel chapter 1 and 2:12-17, which explains the need for God’s people to repent of their sins.  He briefly mentions the “captivity” that comes upon God’s people – captivity!!  But, JWs believe also, the fallacy that they are safe in the organization and will survive Armageddon!! (1 Thess 5:3)   What a twisted message JWs gullibly swallow down.  And if the twisted message is from the lips of their leaders, it is the leaders themselves who hold JWs captive, using DECEIT.  Deceit is the weapon that Satan uses to take down "Israel" in the last days.  2 Cor 10:3,4; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10; 16:13,14; 20:7-10

Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”  Matt 15:14

I so wish JWs would read all of Joel chapters 1-3, to see the intent of this “army”…and why it is allowed to come upon God’s people in the last days.  Don’t let the GB select the scriptures for you!  Don't let the GB tell you that this locust army is NOT the same as Revelation's locust/scorpions! 

2 Thess 2:3,4 – “Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”

They have been given the authority by the governing rulers, to judge another’s spirituality as acceptable or not acceptable before God – before our judge Jesus Christ returns. 

The elders…

“standing where it do not belong”  Mark 13:14

“in” God’s Temple,  1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:14-16

ruling God’s Temple members  Rev 13:1,2,5-7

judging God’s chosen servants Rev 13:14-17

“trampling” their existence as the priesthood of God. Dan 8:10; 9:27; Matt 24:14,15

So yes, there are specific times outlined by God and Christ when we are to flee.  Now, is one of those times.  Luke 17:26-37; Rev 18:4-8 

*Freemason:  A skilled worker in stone, a mason; esp. a member of a class of such workers who customarily moved from place to place to work on any great building project and who possessed a system of secret signs and passwords for recognition among themselveshttp://www.grandlodgeaum.org/en/faq-mason-freemason/

http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-greatest-tribulation-why.html

7 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

personally I'm a coward and it would take a lot of answered prayers for me to stand firm against physical persecution.  So should JWs pray and stand firm, or turn and run ?

That is what is called a "binary question" which has a tendency to be grossly unfair.  I presumes that the only choice on one side of the equation is to pray .... and the other only choice is to "run".

It's like the famous example .. "Do you STILL beat your wife".

It is also a matter of credibility, which is very important .. as there are many well meaning buffoons who with the very best of intentions, and the very highest known motives, will give advice that is rooted in their agenda, whatever that might be ... and NOT common sense reality.

To the best of my knowledge and belief .... and I have been paying close attention for the past 50 years and more ... is that the Society and all it's counsel is SUPPOSED to be based on the Bible, but seriously lacks basic common sense.

Never ONCE have they been right about anything in the real world.

If they did not have an unlimited and constantly flowing waterfall of "Free Money", they would have imploded, years ago.

This is extremely important, because if I lean on my own understanding ... which gets better and better over time ... if I am wrong, it is only I who have to pay the price, be it large or small.

If the "Society" gives advice, about such common sense matters, and I follow that advice ( and their track record is zero for 1000, or whatever the real number is ...), I STILL have to pay the price, no matter how small or large ... AND THEY PAY NO PRICE WHATSOEVER.

If they shared the consequences, I might be more inclined to take a "leap of faith", but the record shows that if it all blows up, they will weasel word what they said, deny saying it in words so carefully crafted that it appears to be MY FAULT, and continue with the practice.

Leaning on my own understanding, of course can get me dead, dead, dead .... but so can leaning on theirs..

"STUFF HAPPENS".

5 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If they did not have an unlimited and constantly flowing waterfall of "Free Money", they would have imploded, years ago.

And assets...

https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2018/11/15/the-watchtower-bible-tract-society-1-45-billion-in-assets/#comments

21 hours ago, Witness said:

The elders…

“standing where it do not belong”  Mark 13:14

Sorry, bad spelling.  

Lexham Bible - “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be” (let the one who reads understand), “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains!”

1 Chron 13:19 - "Did you not drive out the priests of YHVH, the sons of Aaron, the Levites? *Have you not made for yourselves priests like all the peoples of the lands? All who come to be consecrated for priestly servicewith a young bull or seven rams becomes a priest of what is not a god.”

(*claiming clergy penitent privilege when convenient in the court systems)

TEACHING#1

"Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions. (Hebrews 13:7, 17) How can that be?

Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders! w02 8/1 p. 13-14

TEACHING #2  

"Addressing anointed Christians, Peter wrote: “You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Pet. 2:9) Peter here quotes Jehovah’s words to Israel when introducing the Law and applies them to Christians in the new covenant.—Ex. 19:5, 6.

A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD BRINGS BENEFITS TO ALL MANKIND

14. Where would the royal priesthood serve?

14 Where would those in the new covenant serve? On earth, where, as a group, they would serve as a priesthood, representing Jehovah to people by ‘declaring abroad his excellencies’ and providing spiritual food. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Pet. 2:4, 5) After their death and resurrection, they would serve with Christ in heaven as both kings and priests, fully carrying out the functions of both offices. (Luke 22:29; 1 Pet. 1:3-5; Rev. 1:6)  w12 1/15 p. 29

Which teaching is adhered to?  The one that benefits them the most, Teaching #1  They have driven out the royal priesthood and created their own, "like all the peoples of the lands".  

“In addition, anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club. They do not seek out others who claim to have the same calling, hoping to bond with them or endeavoring to form private groups for Bible study.”  w16 January p. 24

On 2/1/2020 at 3:22 PM, 4Jah2me said:

Personally I'm a coward and it would take a lot of answered prayers for me to stand firm against physical persecution.  So should JWs pray and stand firm, or turn and run ? 

Matthew 10:16: "Jesus said that it is a good idea to flee.  Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves. 17  Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts and they will scourge you in their synagogues. 18  And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations. 19  However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; 20  for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you. 21  Further, brother will hand brother over to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. 22  And you will be hated by all people on account of my name, but the one who has endured to the end will be saved.23  When they persecute you in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.

And when Stephen was killed the Bible says: "Saul, for his part, approved of his murder. On that day great persecution arose against the congregation that was in Jerusalem; all except the apostles were scattered throughout the regions of Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a. (Acts 8:1)

So, it is wise to be cautious and escape when possible. But if one is caught despite all, then it is important to be courageous and firm in the faith.