The World News Media

What Does A Secret Database Kept By Jehovah’s Witnesses Reveal About Potential Sexual Abusers?

Isabella

8 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

That in itself should give sensible people a just cause the WATCHTOWER has nothing to hide, but keep records of those “accused” of Child Abuse.

Have you lost your mind?

If they have nothing to hide, why are they appealing to the United States Supreme Court to be able to keep those same records hidden? ( I have not followed the case, so I don't know how it turned out, if at all, yet).

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The organization allegedly directed elders in all of its United States congregations to send detailed reports on members facing an allegation of sexually abusing a child to its headquarters. Sinc

In cases when CSA is in question, and we are here under this topic, clear mind and responsible people will cooperate with secular authorities in contributing to prevent, to stop or to punish this sort

Well, in the face of such a confident challenge (given that you always speak that way).....I’m not iron-clad sure, big boy. But I think so. I was an elder for 20 years until about 2000. I served as se

Posted Images

Quote @James Thomas Rook Jr. " I think your judgement is premature or possibly wrong for any number of legitimate reasons."

Well then I think it matches his judgement of me :) But I can also understand you defending a brother, even if he is wrong :). And elders have been told they can tell lies as it's spiritual warfare :)

Yes 3 smiley faces as I do think it's all so funny.  

James, you seem to have shown proof by providing photos of the letter where it actually says it. Unless that letter is fake ? 

But being as JWs can tell lies and seem to have a clear conscience about it, then there is no level playing field and no knowing truth from lies on here or anywhere else that JWs tend to comment. 

WT Society is a PRIVATE Corporation. The business of this company produces documentation of various content. They are about finances, investments, business cooperation and correspondence inside and outside the company, human resources, employee dispute resolution documents, information on the number and status of members .... and many more.
Each state has legal provisions on how much and what kind of documents an institution should keep and how long it must be kept. It is quite certain that the WT Society owns and collects many other documents too, based on its choice and need.
The governing structures of the company decide which documents and what information to make public. We have to expect how many things will stay "hidden" from members eyes or secular people sight, even from secular authorities insight in Court cases. 

WT Society has NO INTEREST to inform own members about Court cases involving CSA and similar. They have NO INTEREST to display PDF or other format of Court documents for OPENLY reading inside JWorg and congregations. They have NO OBLIGATION  (EXCEPT MORAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION) to give members full information what is going on about some issue. 

For example, issue of: "blue envelops" or "special blue envelops", "confidential file","sealed confidential envelopes", "Do Not Destroy", "notes in secure place", Confidential Records (sealed envelopes) ....  

20. If the authorities request confidential congregation records or ask that elders give testimony regarding confidential congregation matters, the elders should promptly telephone the Legal Department - page 128

1. It is recommended that elders check their jw.org e-mail inbox at least once each week. Confidential information should not be sent using outside e-mail providers. Use of jw.org e-mail is governed by the "Terms of Use" policy available on jw.org. - page 193

21. Judicial Files and Other Confidential Reports: After a judicial committee, an appeal committee, a committee handling a request for disassociation, a reinstatement committee, or one or two elders handling a matter of wrongdoing have met with an individual, a brief summary of the proceedings is prepared and signed by the elders involved. The summary should be prepared regardless of the outcome of the meeting, for example, if the case was dismissed because of lack of evidence. (See 12:41-42.) The summary should include only pertinent facts and the final determination of the person's standing in the congregation; it should not contain personal opinions. Any personal notes should be destroyed. No judicial information should be posted on Congregation's Publisher Records (S-21). 

22. If the matter involves a disfellowshipping, disassociation, or reinstatement, the elders handling the case should ensure that only the following documents are placed in a sealed envelope
(1) Brief summary of the proceedings. 
(2) Notification of Disfellowshipping or Disassociation (S-77) form. 
(3) Congregation's Publisher Records if not reinstated. 
(4) Any correspondence to or from the branch office regarding the wrongdoer. 
(5) Any letters requesting reinstatement. 
(6) Any letter of disassociation. 

23. If the matter involves judicial reproof or another matter involving wrongdoing handled by one or two elders, the elders involved should ensure that the sealed envelope contains only the brief 
CHAPTER 22 "SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD" 
CORRESPONDENCE AND RECORDS 
summary and any correspondence to or from the branch office regarding the wrongdoer. 
24. The following information should be written on the front of the sealed envelope
(1) Name of the individual. 
(2) Action taken by the congregation, if any, and the date of such. 
(3) Any judicial restrictions imposed and the date the restrictions are removed. 
(4) Names of the elders who handled the matter. 
(5) The words "Do Not Destroy" for matters involving accusations of child sexual abuse (established or not). 
25. The sealed envelope should be placed in the congregation file by the secretary. If there is a need to open these files in the future, such as in connection with a plea for reinstatement, this should be done only by the elders who are assigned by the body to handle the matter. 
26. The sealed envelopes containing records on individuals who have not been reinstated should be kept indefinitely. If the person has been reinstated a full five years or has died, usually the file should be destroyed unless the case involved an accusation of child sexual abuse or an adulterous marriage or the committee believes there is some other reason to retain it. The same retention policy applies to records involving judicial reproof and wrongdoing handled by one or two elders. If it is determined that a sealed envelope should be retained after an individual has died, the date of death should be written on the outside of the envelope. If one or more of the elders who handled a specific case are no longer available, the Congregation Service Committee will assign other elders to determine if the file should be retained. 
"SHEPHERD THE FLOCK OF GOD" CHAPTER 22 
CORRESPONDENCE AND RECORDS 
27. If a person entered into an adulterous marriage, the file should be kept for five years after the judicial action and thereafter as long as the innocent former mate is alive, unmarried, and has not been guilty of sexual immorality (por-ne-ia).-See 12:10-12     - pages 200-202

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

WT Society has NO INTEREST to inform own members about Court cases involving CSA and similar. They have NO INTEREST to display PDF or other format of Court documents for OPENLY reading inside JWorg and congregations. They have NO OBLIGATION  (EXCEPT MORAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION) to give members full information what is going on about some issue. 

Their state of "no interest" is fostered by the lack of integrity.  If the organization's leaders were to show integrity, they would feel obligated to inform their members.  Out of love for their neighbor, they would make it happen. Matt 22:39  Out of love for Christ's teachings, they would make it happen. John 14:15 Instead, they uphold their "unrighteous decrees".     Isa 10:1-4; Rom 2:5   

If only JWs would not put up with unrighteousness.  

"Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain
    is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked."  Prov 25:26     

5 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Whenever you get ready, let me have the keys and title to your house, since you think secular authority has “complete” control just like Trumps thinks he has “complete” authority to do whatever he wants, and those arrogant Republicans gave him the keys to the house of representative.

By what legal theory should I give you the keys to my house?

You are always welcome to try and TAKE it from me ... THAT would be interesting!

CC, you are the only person I have met (so to speak ...) that has a severe case of WDS AND TDS.

The difference is that WDS is a sword that cuts BOTH ways, whether inside looking out ... or outside looking in, and people with fine motives on either side can become infected.

TDS evolves from a deranged mind that where Narcissistic Personality Disorder has run amok.

6 hours ago, César Chávez said:

That's right. Do you allow anyone to see your daily paper trail? At some point you opposers need to start thinking. Therefore, for the most part, you just submitted what I posted, thanks! However, I don't see ROOK calling you a lunatic. You would think he should know when to take the correct meds.

In cases when CSA is in question, and we are here under this topic, clear mind and responsible people will cooperate with secular authorities in contributing to prevent, to stop or to punish this sort of crime. We are not  speaking about  normal "daily paper trail". It is about crime trail !! 

Who is that "anyone"? Members are that "no one (nobody)". Their status not giving them any chance to see "daily paper trails" of WT. And in general JW people are not interested for that. Also, "normal daily business" is not something that people in general have to know about.

They (members) are allowed to give (donate) money but are not entitled to know when and why and how much money is used to pay when WT lawyers fight against CSA victims ??!! Public interest for JW members would be to know this sort of "daily paper trails" about how WT operate in this issues. In this WT failed and they are hiding this as many other does. 

49 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

The complexity would be, does your government show you every paper trail just because you think you're entitled to it.

Secular government is in position to give report to their citizens, about what they doing, who voted for this or that government. If people are not satisfied after get to know what politicians/leaders doing, many governments will be replaced with new "governing body", by voters.

WT Society Leaders are not placed in their position by members, and members can't change policy and direction of Corporation. But even ordinary members today can be in position to collect information about organization he/she belong to. And because members can't change "governing body" rulers, by voting, he/she can vote for him/her self and leave organization because of many sorts of corruption inside WT Society.  

Quote @César Chávez " Does that mean, the government has FREE, reign in collecting information? NO! Many states are overstepping their authority to appease the masses, according to their own established laws. Those are the arguments being presented all around the world to the courts." 

But just read Jesus' words that God's servants SHOULD LIVE BY.

Matthew 5 v 38 through 42.

“You heard that it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’a 39  However, I say to you: Do not resist the one who is wicked, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.b 40  And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment;c 41  and if someone in authority compels you into service for a mile, go with him two miles. 42  Give to the one asking you, and do not turn away from one who wants to borrow from you.

Do you see the huge difference in JWs attitude as different to Jesus' words ? 

So why oh why JWs, do you pretend to live by Bible 'rules' and principles ? 

10 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

“You heard that it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’a 39  However, I say to you: Do not resist the one who is wicked, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.b 40  And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment;c 41  and if someone in authority compels you into service for a mile, go with him two miles. 42  Give to the one asking you, and do not turn away from one who wants to borrow from you.

Yes, this verses are somehow in opposition to Peter's words about, obey god more than men. But you made good choose to show César Chávez how GB brake this Jesus' commands. Giving information to secular authorities they ask for, about CSA inside JWorg is not something that would make god to look bad or dishonor His Name, but and only make WT Society, JWorg  and GB leaders to look as any other human organization. That is something what make them scary.

Because it would bring shame to Them not to Him !!

I guess how God can handle The Truth, all sort of Truths. But human can't !! The Truth, in cases like this when it have role of revealing bad things, has only one outcome - to destroy self made image. Until you don't get to that point, people will continue with same manner (bad manner) of behavior.

Well, Revealing The Truth is braking point, to take the blame and make change for better .....or to stay living in denying mode (fantasy world) continue with cognitive dissonance and choose "explanations" that will support The Lie.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.