The World News Media

Darren Collison meets with his agent to finalize his possible return to the NBA L.A. Lakers

The Librarian

The final decision Darren Collison is getting closer. Adrian Wojnarowski reports, ESPN, former Indiana Pacers set a meeting with his agent, Bill Duffy, which will determine definitively whether or not looking back to the NBA. This will take place early next week, and if the decision is positive start round of meetings with the Lakers and Clippers.

Collison announced his retirement last summer, news that surprised friends and strangers because his age (31 years old at the time, 32 now) and did not invite to think of a goodbye to basketball. In his last season, he averaged 11.2 points and Darren 6 assists, and when it seemed he could be a man coveted as backup point guard announced he was leaving the competition to focus on performing solidarity actions with Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Collison himself has recently triggered rumors with his presence at Staples last Thursday because he was seen with Jeanie Buss, owner of the Lakers, watching the duel that pitted the Lakers and Rockets. When asked if this had something to do with his future, he chose to circumvent any reference to it: "I came just to watch the game. Have you got the best seats in the stadium, "he said.

(Cover photo: Andy Lyons / Getty Images)

• Views 528
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There comes a time in every zealous person's life when they realize they STILL have to work for a living, or suffer the deprivations of poverty. This becomes very evident when you need $250,000 i

You have a list of WHAT ?  Oh dear, HERO WORSHIP  at it's best. 

There comes a time in every zealous person's life when they realize they STILL have to work for a living, or suffer the deprivations of poverty.

This becomes very evident when you need $250,000 in medical care to stay alive,  and you have no money.

Minor reminders come when you run out of money, and need two crowns, and two root canals. and the rats are eating your face.

Darren Collison won't return to NBA despite interest

Clippers, Lakers were reportedly among teams seeking services of veteran guard

Despite interest from several contenders, retired guard Darren Collison will not return to the NBA this season, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Collison, a 32-year-old guard who had retired in June after a 10-year career, had drawn interest from the Lakers and Clippers.

In an interview in June, Collison cited his religion as a reason for his retirement.

"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith," Collison said. "I am one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me.

"I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched."

Collison averaged 12.5 points and 5.0 assists in his 10-year career, with stints with the Pacers, Clippers, New Orleans Hornets, Kings and Mavericks.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/02/09/report-darren-collison-nixes-nba-return

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.