The World News Media

WHY .... doesn't Jehovah God consider warfare ... murder?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus changed everything.  The law was a ' tutor' to christ.   So now we must love our neighbours as he did.  He gave his life for his friends  - we must be able to do the same.  If I love you in

Well, it doesn’t entirely fit, but the speaker yesterday drew the following contrast between knowledge and understanding: Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit Understanding: Don’t put it in a frui

I'm just glad I live in England. I hope this is far enough away from James and his house full of weapons. Hope he doesn't get his hands on missiles.  But seriously though, a country that starts a

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

and you are so trigger-happy with the barbs, put-downs, and insults, not to mention the cartoons, that I hesitate to get close enough to find out.

I'm just glad I live in England. I hope this is far enough away from James and his house full of weapons. Hope he doesn't get his hands on missiles. 

But seriously though, a country that starts a war for greed and power and is willing to kill other people. If the idea is to take land, goods, riches, people, livestock et al. Then it is premeditated killing that should not be happening. I do not think God approves of any of that. I would think that God would class it as murder. Whether as a whole, or as each individual killing. And I would think the ones doing the attacking and killing would be judged differently to those doing the defending. 

I have mixed feelings about killing for defence. But if someone was attacking my wife then I would think natural defence mechanism would come into play. 

However, the time will come, as i think @Arauna mentioned, when true servants of God will be attacked and killed. I have my doubts that God is gong to defend everyone of His servants. So, will God's true servants just allow themselves to be killed ? Allowing the stealing of our possessions is easy enough, but allowing someone to kill you / me, i don't know............ 

8 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Allowing the stealing of our possessions is easy enough, but allowing someone to kill you / me, i don't know............ 

In the Fifth Grade, I was 12 years old .... and Mrs. Thoms used to read stories to our class, which I remembered as "Arthur, the Vacillating Rat" (first he goes this way ... then he goes that .. poor Arthur could never make up his mind.")

The English are somewhat like that ... If the Nazis had marched in backwards to merry old England, they might have thought they were leaving.

If someone MERELY steals, or destroys your home and resources ... you may DIE of starvation, hardship, exposure and disease.

They are MERELY killing you more slowly.

Yes James but I'm trying to think from a spiritual aspect. 

But I'm beginning to wonder James, are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses or not ?

And what do think the real 'time of the end' will be like ? 

Do you think all God's people will be sat in their homes drinking coffee whilst all the 'wicked' are being 'removed' outside ? 

I do remember the JW video of all the bros and sis hiding in the basement when the soldiers come looking for them. 

I'm hoping to be dead and buried before the Judgement Day arrives. 

4J:

Although I try to live my life according to Bible Standards, I am a Barbarian at heart.

When I get a sheet of bubble wrap packed with something I ordered, I will pop the plastic bubbles one at a time, visualizing with a big grin Snowflakes, Progressives, and Liberals, and "spiritual" peoples' heads exploding, trying to understand the REAL world.

Entertainment is where you find it!

3pdp01.jpg

Um, sick me thinks.

But everyone's 'real world' is different. Even the members of a family all living in one house. 

My 'real world' is very simple. because i make it that way.  Therefore my 'real world' is quite peaceful and relaxing.

No longer living by man made fake religious rules has made my 'real world' very different. Whilst I watch others still worrying and frightened of breaking those man made rules. 

But spiritual thinking is above the devil's real world. And why would i even want to be thinking about that world. All earthly governments / politicians / news media / protest groups et al, all belong to the devil's real world. The internet in bombarded with it all. It's almost unavoidable to see but no one needs to dwell on it. 

Just one point though : To quote you 

" Although I try to live my life according to Bible Standards, "

But whose version of Bible Standards do you try to live by ? 

Is it the GB's / JW Org version, or your own version ? 

God adopted Israel as His people. (Ezek chapter 16)   He trained them, gave them commandments that were to be practiced among them. For any foreigner who joined them, He demanded that they be protected, even if His own people turned wicked.  (Deut 27:19; Ps 146:9)  As far back as Abel, were faithful ones whose hearts were inclined to listen to God.  Mankind in general lived debauched lives, murdering one another, were steeped in idolatry, even sacrificing their children to Baal.   God knows each heart’s intentions, and He knows those who desire to be loyal to Him. (1 Kings 8:39; 1 Sam 16:7; Prov 21:2; 2 Chron 16:9)    All mankind, since the beginning, have free will to choose our path in this physical life – one of life/light, or one of death/darkness. (Deut 30:19; 1 John 1:5; 2:8)  When God’s people fought against the nations, can we be assured that any whose hearts were disposed to know God, wouldn’t be protected from losing their life? (Deut 21:1-9)   And if an innocent one was killed during battle, wouldn’t they be remembered in the resurrection to eternal life?   Abraham was worried about those in Sodom and Gomorrah, unsure that the innocent, righteous ones would be saved; and he was assured that they would, yet only Lot and family were found worthy of being saved.   Gen 18:16-32

It seems to me that the circumstances of murder among God’s people was His priority, since He gave them guidelines that they regularly transgressed.    Once Jesus came, murder among his people was still the focus in the Bible.  Today, God’s “Israel” and those with them, are judged by Jesus' teachings.  For anyone on the earth who desires to serve God and Christ in righteousness, I personally feel comfort in leaving their judgment to the one who knows their heart’s intentions.  If the faithful innocent are murdered, the murderer will pay.  The innocent will receive eternal life. 

The act of shedding another’s blood, even among those nations who fought against Israel, was not taken lightly by God. To David, He said:

but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have made great wars; you shall not build a house for My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight.  1 Chron 22:8 (Num 35:33,34)

Among his people, Jesus said:

“Snakes! Brood of vipers! How can you escape being condemned to hell? (“Gehenna”)  34 This is why I am sending you prophets, sages, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 So all the righteous blood shed on the earth will be charged to you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all these things will come on this generation.”   Matt 23:33-36

The apostle John made it clear that hating one’s brother was compared to murder

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.  1 John 3:10-12

13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.”  1 John 3:13-15

The world John was speaking of was the world that he removed himself from – the Pharisaical system of belief.  They hated Christ and those who followed him.  They are, according to these scriptures, murderers. 

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”  John 15:18-19 

It wasn’t the entire world of mankind that hated Jesus, it was the Jewish system of his day. 

Under today’s “Pharisaical” arrangement, who commits spiritual murder?  The GB and those who carry it out.  (John 16:2,3; Rev 13:15; 11:3,7) They are just as responsible for shedding “spiritual” blood through their act of disfellowshipping, as the Pharisees were for shedding physical blood of those who followed Christ.

Along with disfellowshipping/”killing” on the basis of “sins not leading to death”, it is downplayed among JWs, that the organization fully rejects those who reject their lies.  It is downplayed, that those who realize they need to obey Christ rather than men, are considered “wicked”.    (1 John 5:16,17) 

“But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12 Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death13 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”  Mark 13:11-13

Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420

"Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." 

Wow.  They’ve gone beyond the words of Christ.  Jesus didn’t just “encourage” it, he commanded his followers to love their enemies.  Matt 5:43,44; Matt 7:26,27

Luke 21:12,17 put it this way...
"But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison (Luke21:24Rev.13:10,7Col.2:8), and you will be brought before kings (Rev.9:7) and governors ("Governing Body" Mark10:42-45), and all on account of my name...Everyone will hate you because of me." (1John4:202:11) (John13:34-35Matt.25:37-40,41-46) (Matt.24:11-13)

I would be more concerned with the murderous intentions of the organization, that obviously “makes war” with God’s people who reject their “Jewish” system.  God does consider warfare, murder.   

“Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Rev 13:1  

“It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.”  Rev 13:7

“Keep on the Watch” p. 16,17  - “Does your worship truly unite you with fellow worshipers of all nations, all races, all languages? 

Rev 18:24 - And in her (Rev 13:11; 17:5) was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth.”

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2016/01/symbolic-death-by-means-of-world.html

20 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

So, will God's true servants just allow themselves to be killed ? Allowing the stealing of our possessions is easy enough, but allowing someone to kill you / me, i don't know............ 

I may mention that during or just before Armageddon there may be anarchy when people attack and do as they please. There may be no law and order.  Better to die innocent before jehovah than to have blood on your hands.    

Practically, you may be able to fight off one person..... what do you do if a group comes at you? ....Best to have been loyal to jehovah from the start because the odds are not high that you can fight to defend yourself...... rather trust in the one who can give you back your life.   Our trust in Jah may be tested this far..... like jesus in a life and death situation. Jesus chose to die faithful to Jehovah's principles and healed the soldier's ear and told Peter to put away his sword.

On 2/16/2020 at 2:59 AM, 4Jah2me said:

And you are still part of this world, just like Tom and Aurana. Still talking politics. 

It is not wrong to know what is going on in the world  but it is wrong to take sides in its issues and get involved in it..... 

I watch world events to see in which direction world events are heading....... just as Abraham asked jehovah about sodom and gomorrah and travelled around. 

I do not belong to any worldly organisations or even vote for a seemingly innocent thing. Neither do I fund any organization be it religious or political or any other issues. I do not go to parties, clubs, celebrate worldly festivals or follow a worldly career.  Twice I gave up a lucrative career that could have brought recognition and  money.... I do not watch modern movies or ...... agh........ I leave it there.  Jehovah will judge me...... thanks to Him, it will not be your job to judge me. 

My knowledge of the world and what is going on in it helps me in my preaching work........ which I enjoy tremendously.......I meet tourists every day here in Tbilisi and can immediately relate to them because of my knowledge of the political situation in their countries. My general knowledge helps as well.

For example just in the last few days I preached to an Irishman and could open a conversation about the kingdom by referring to sinn fein. ....which he immediately explained.....how they recently won the election. He left amicably with information about Jehovahs kingdom in contrast with the political turmoil in the world..... and where he can get more info.

I also spoke to a Chinese woman who wants to leave China due to the new level of surveillance.....she says they check telephones on return to China in random fashion. There is no freedom of speech. She was also kicked out of three hotels in Tbilisi because of discrimination regarding the Corona virus.  She gave me her email address.  I already sent her information to help her. We spoke at length about JWs and the kingdom as the only solution.

Today I met an Arab from Saudi Arabia on the metro train.  I gave him my number.

Tonight I had a long return visit with him over the phone and immediately understood his fears about talking to JWs (because I studied his religion and know the political situation in his country). He did not go into lengthy explanations because he saw that I knew what he was talking about.  I gave him good advice because he can be killed in his own country if they inspect his phone.  He expressed his thoughts that he thinks we are the true nation of God after I had explained the difference between our teachings regarding the future government of God and that of Islam..... 

I rest my case....... 

3 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Therefore, God does consider people killed in warfare murder. It is disingenuous to think of the men of war while leaving out “all” the innocent people caught in it through no fault of their own.

WARFARE IS MURDER!

I disagree with you CC , because if warfare is murder ... then Jehovah sanctioned murder in the wars the Jews fought, and at Armageddon will murder those executed, making Him a murderer.

You can't have it both ways.

Might you happen to have a clear and unambiguous Scripture that supports your cultural tradition based personal opinion?

I mean ... one that specifically states, one way or the other that Jehovah does ... or does not ... consider warfare to be the moral equivalent of murder?

HINT:

It's a YES, or NO answer ... followed by a SPECIFIC Scriptural reference, not a "Buzz Scripture", or a nebulous collection of "Buzz Scriptures".

BUZZ SCRIPTURES EVERYWHERE.jpg

CC:

HINT:

It's a YES, or NO answer ... followed by a SPECIFIC Scriptural reference, not a "Buzz Scripture", or a nebulous collection of "Buzz Scriptures", and somewhat related, but not to the point ideas.

Comment: I agree Jehovah never murdered anyone ... but He HAS PARTICIPATED IN WARFARE;

Either you get it ...or you don't.

Apparently .... you don't.

Test Score: ZERO