The World News Media

GRAND JURY INVESTIGATORS ARE 'DEAD SERIOUS'

Witness

Grand jury investigators are ‘dead serious’ about revealing sexual abuse cover-ups among Jehovah’s Witnesses

by David Gambacorta, Updated: February 14, 2020- 5:00 AM

Grand jury investigators are ‘dead serious’ about revealing sexual abuse cover-ups among Jehovah’s Witnesses

TIM TAI / FILE PHOTOGRAPH

Brian Chase listened carefully from his Tucson, Ariz., home last July as an investigator from the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office introduced himself over the phone.

After some idle chitchat, the investigator asked: Was Chase familiar with the office’s 2018 grand jury report, which showed that priests had sexually abused thousands of children at six Roman Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania?

“Just what was in the papers,” Chase responded, “and what I saw on Facebook.”

The investigator explained that the AG’s office was now working on a similar state inquiry, this time focused on the Jehovah’s Witnesses. But the agency was unsure of the scope of sexual abuse within the often-misunderstood religion, which was founded in Pittsburgh in the 1870s.

Chase, 52, had been raised a Jehovah’s Witness in Corry, a small town in Erie County. In the 1980s, when he was a teenager, Chase said he was drugged and raped by a man who belonged to his congregation. Decades would pass before Chase understood that their stories were common within Witness communities across the country, but rarely reported to police.

“The scope,” Chase told the AG’s office official, “is pretty big.”

The existence of a Pennsylvania grand jury investigation into the Witnesses’s handling of child sex abuse cases — the first of its kind in the country — was only disclosed a week ago, in a story by USA Today, which was met with a no comment from Attorney General Josh Shapiro.

But The Inquirer this week interviewed five ex-Witnesses who have already testified for the grand jury, including Chase, and their recollections paint a portrait of an investigation focused on shattering the wall of silence that has long surrounded the religion’s reclusive leaders, and unearthing secretly-maintained records about suspected pedophiles.

Investigators have traveled to several states as part of the grand jury probe, and recorded testimony from former elders — the Witnesses’s equivalent of parish priests — as well as abuse survivors.

“I can tell you firsthand, I’ve been up to the grand jury a couple of times now, and I’m testifying next week,” said Jeffrey Fritz, a Philadelphia attorney who represents Chase and his wife, as well as several other ex-Witnesses.

“They are dead serious about going after [the Witnesses’ leaders] in any way they can, similar to the Catholic Church.”

Jeffrey Fritz, an attorney with the Center City-based law firm Soloff & Zervanos, represents multiple ex-Jehovah's Witnesses who have testified in front of a Pennsylvania grand jury within the last year.
TIM TAI / FILE PHOTOGRAPH
Jeffrey Fritz, an attorney with the Center City-based law firm Soloff & Zervanos, represents multiple ex-Jehovah's Witnesses who have testified in front of a Pennsylvania grand jury within the last year.

Such a declaration would have seemed unthinkable for much of the past two decades, which saw a muted law enforcement response to ex-Witnesses who described in the pages of court documents horrific sexual assaults they suffered as minors, and the religion’s ongoing efforts to hide their accounts from the public.

Sarah Brooks is another of Fritz’s clients; when she alerted her parents in the early 2000s to the fact that she was being abused as a teenager by a family friend and a relative, she was publicly shamed by an elder at her York County kingdom hall, and then shunned by other Witnesses. She twice reported the assaults to police, and her abusers were ultimately arrested in 2013, and pleaded guilty to corruption of a minor.

Brooks, now 32, testified before the grand jury in Harrisburg last year.

Investigators asked her to explain the Witnesses’s inner hierarchy, the system of elders and overseers who ultimately take direction from members of a small governing body whose orders must be closely followed by the religion’s 8 million followers, which number more than 7,000 in Philadelphia.

At least three grand jury witnesses said investigators want to question governing body members, who work out of the organization’s sprawling headquarters in Tuxedo Park, N.Y., where they relocated several years ago, after selling their former Brooklyn headquarters for more than $1 billion to a real estate company run at the time by Jared Kushner, President President Trump’s son-in-law.

“I am completely ecstatic," Brooks said. "It’s all I can do to not skip everywhere. I just feel like after all of the numerous people I’ve gone to, I finally have gotten to a point in my life where someone is listening.”

Sarah Brooks testified before the grand jury about the sexual abuse she suffered as a teenager in Pennsylvania at the hands of a family friend and a relative. She first shared her story with The Inquirer in 2018.
JESSICA GRIFFIN / FILE PHOTOGRAPH
Sarah Brooks testified before the grand jury about the sexual abuse she suffered as a teenager in Pennsylvania at the hands of a family friend and a relative. She first shared her story with The Inquirer in 2018.

Martin Haugh, a former Witness elder whose 4-year-old daughter was molested inside a Red Lion, York County, kingdom hall in 2005, was so relieved to have testified before the grand jury that he recently tweeted a photo of the subpoena he received beforehand.

“They are so close to you, the jurors,” he said. “When I was talking to the investigator about what happened to my daughter, one [juror] dropped his pencil. I heard a couple of gasps.”

Haugh’s daughter had been abused by an adopted relative, John Logan Haugh, who was finally arrested in 2018, after another elder read an Inquirer investigation that detailed the case, and then shared the man’s whereabouts with police.

Martin Haugh, 42, said investigators were particularly interested in discussing how elders compile child abuse records, and the direction they receive from the religion’s lawyers.

“We need the FBI to break down their doors,” he said.

Mark O’Donnell, a former Witness who has twice testified in front of the grand jury, told The Inquirer he spoke last year to an elder who had been alerted to an instance of three children who were being sexually abused by their father.

The elder told O’Donnell, 52, he had contacted the Witnesses’s legal department, which advised that he shouldn’t share the information with police. The same department later instructed the man to destroy handwritten notes he had taken about the conversation.

“He became so distraught that he resigned,” said O’Donnell, who has spent years collecting and publishing documents about abuse cases that the Witnesses never reported to police.

Pennsylvania investigators traveled to meet that former elder in Missouri, and later flew him to Harrisburg to testify.

O’Donnell’s second appearance in front of the grand jury centered on Witness documents, some of which date back to the 1980s, that have been leaked by whistleblowers, and show how Witness leaders instructed their underlings to stymie law enforcement inquiries and withhold information about suspected pedophiles from unsuspecting congregations.

The religion has faced increased scrutiny in recent years, from a 2018 episode of an A & E series, “Cults and Extreme Belief," to a story in The Atlantic last year that focused on O’Donnell’s efforts, and a recent Oxygen documentary, “The Witnesses,” which highlights ongoing reporting from Trey Bundy, a reporter at Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting.

For years, many ex-Witnesses had little choice but to grapple with their trauma silently. Survivors eventually began forming communities on social media — Reddit, YouTube, Facebook — and hoped that the religion’s leaders would be held accountable, either in a news story or a courtroom, for enabling abusers.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, Brian Chase can still trace the fallout from the rape he survived. He was reprimanded by Witness elders who learned that he had been abused, and then kicked out of his house by his parents, who mistakenly believed he was abusing drugs. He was shunned by those closest to him, and had to muddle through a period of homelessness and years of heartache and confusion.

He now works with nonprofits that advocate for legislation to benefit and protect abuse victims, a tangible way of healing and helping others who have had to dig out of their own personal hells.

Traveling 2,000 miles back to Pennsylvania, to testify for the grand jury, offered another chance to make a difference.

“I felt relief, and that I was doing a good thing,” he said. “I want to do whatever I can to prevent this from happening to other people."

https://www.inquirer.com/news/jehovahs-witnesses-sex-abuse-cover-up-pennsylvania-grand-jury-investigation-20200214.html?fbclid=IwAR105_Hq8SAFFbKWBjx21fAJ06YTENpMTtKS24teDsjxxMSt1so1HSb7Btc

• Views 925
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grand jury investigators are ‘dead serious’ about revealing sexual abuse cover-ups among Jehovah’s Witnesses by David Gambacorta, Updated: February 14, 2020

ok, I'm not @Witness, but I'll answer you from my perspective.  NO, not an organization like we know it today. Not a man made organization, but rather a group of like minded people who fear God

It’s so hard for me to just give short sentences as answers.  The entire Bible prophesy is coming to a head. I realize now how little I knew of the anointed role while in the WT.  They are spoon fed l

How long will JWs pretend that their ship is not going to sink?

The first to go down will be the GB - spiritual harlots/false prophets.  

They "exercise authority" over the  "first beast", which is the WT organization.

"Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed."  Rev 13:11,12

Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.   Rev 17:15

"And the unity among Jehovah’s servants from all nations can only be possible with Jehovah’s help."   w 15/10/15 p. 3-8

The organization will throw out the Harlot:.  The "ten horns" are unsealed anointed "kings".  Along with the leading elders, they will disfellowship the GB.

"And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled."  Rev 17:16,17

After that, the organization will last only one symbolic "hour":  

“The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. 13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast."

The end to the "mountainlike organization" for all of its sins against God's anointed Temple, and transgressions against His laws in Christ, is depicted in Rev 8

"Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood."  Rev 8:8,9

Jer 23:29:  Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord,
“And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. 6 Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her. 7 In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’ 8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.  Rev 18:4-8

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/06/jezebel.html

@Witness  A million questions. I'm not saying I will believe all you say, but I need to know where you are coming from. So please tell me what you personally believe, from your own thoughts. 

But what then ? No earthly organisation ?  Or will Yahweh form another organisation here on Earth ? 

Do you believe in Armageddon ? Or a Judgement day ? 

The scriptures say God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth. 

Do you believe in a heavenly class and an earthly class ? 

God's intention was for mankind to live perfectly here on Earth. Surely God intends to follow through with that ?

It's easy to destroy and I agree the GB have to go, and of course the Elders need to lose the power they have over the Anointed. But how do we get to know who the true Anointed are ? And will the true Anointed run an earthly organisation ? 

I know that we will be judged individually by our personal service to God and our love of God, and I know all this must be done through Jesus Christ. But, are we to be united as an earth wide organisation or are we to be serving God as individuals. 

I think the 'world' as it is has a few years to go yet. Yes it's bad but people are still surviving, enough to carry through into a 'new world' system. But I think God wants to have an earthly organisation that is clean and serious about worshipping Him, before He brings the Judgement. 

I also think it will take at least a couple of years to really, either sort of the JW Org, or to bring it to a close. Court cases and government proceedings take so long.  All religions could be made illegal by then. 

But isn't the 'true' religion supposed to out live all other religions ? 

I think what is lacking both on here and in the world of religion, is SPIRITUAL THINKING. 

People still want a 'sign'. JW Org keeps offering 'false signs'. And the CSA is but one problem of many.

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

So please tell me what you personally believe, from your own thoughts. 

ok, I'm not @Witness, but I'll answer you from my perspective. 

No earthly organisation ?

NO, not an organization like we know it today. Not a man made organization, but rather a group of like minded people who fear God and follow what He instructs, not just based on the parts of the Bible they want, but all of it.

Or will Yahweh form another organisation here on Earth ? 

One doesn't need to be formed, its already in place. It isn't labeled by anyone but Him. He knows who is chosen and who still need to come in.

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Do you believe in Armageddon ? Or a Judgement day ? 

yup

not like the wt teaches. Those who have died before us are with Him. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. The earthly part is the part where in Revelation (ch 21) it talks about the throne of God coming down out of heaven and His dwelling will be with men here on Earth. Remember the part about the new Jerusalem coming down? 

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. ...

God's intention was for mankind to live perfectly here on Earth. Surely God intends to follow through with that ?

yup, see above

But how do we get to know who the true Anointed are ?

by fellowship and observation. 

And will the true Anointed run an earthly organisation ? 

no, God will................... through them. You will know if God is behind it, because it will not waver nor will you have doubts about their actions or interpretations. 

I know that we will be judged individually by our personal service to God and our love of God, and I know all this must be done through Jesus Christ. But, are we to be united as an earth wide organisation or are we to be serving God as individuals.

Yes. 

Yes, we will be judged as individuals and it is only by the faith in Jesus and acceptance of His sacrifice for each and every one of us, will we be allowed into the Kingdom. 

United, yes but not in a man defined structure of an organization. We will serve God as individuals within the group. 

But I think God wants to have an earthly organisation that is clean and serious about worshipping Him, before He brings the Judgement.

I can see what you are saying, but that isn't what the Bible tells us as to why. Doesn't the Bible tell us that the Gospel needs to be spread and then....

Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

But isn't the 'true' religion supposed to out live all other religions ?

There isn't a religion nor a "true" religion, it's a way of life.......God's way of life. 

These are all just my point of view based on what I know. If its wrong, well thank goodness that I try and keep my faith in Jesus and what He has done for me. He is the only way to the New Jerusalem. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:37 AM, 4Jah2me said:

A million questions. I'm not saying I will believe all you say, but I need to know where you are coming from. So please tell me what you personally believe, from your own thoughts. 

It’s so hard for me to just give short sentences as answers.  The entire Bible prophesy is coming to a head. I realize now how little I knew of the anointed role while in the WT.  They are spoon fed lies about themselves, and only enough to not question what they should be doing.   

We see what happens in organizations, how they are influenced by the world of Satan, and men with their additional rules and regulations.   If we were meant to have an earthly visible organization, then Jesus would have begun establishing it when he was on earth.  ( Ps 127:1a) As the WT has done, each material building is taught as “God’s house”, which I believe is idolatry.   When I read the account Stephen gave before he was stoned to death (Acts 7:44-53), it’s clear to me that Stephen was trying to get across the acceptance of Christ as the new Temple built with living stones, and God’s dwelling/house.  (John 2:19-22; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)   In his speech, he mentioned the tabernacle in the wilderness where God’s Spirit dwelled, and the temple Solomon built. He then quoted Isa 66:1,2 saying to the Jews how “stiff-necked” they were, for rejecting the chief cornerstone of the new temple/foundation in Christ and the apostles.  This was the temple, house of God, that He meant would be built, when speaking to David so many years before.  (2 Sam 7:1-16)

When Jesus said we will worship in the spirit and the truth, I believe he didn’t mean through any earthly organization/temple/solid entity. (John 4:21) True believers of Christ realized this.  True anointed “living stones” who carried truth in their heart by the Spirit, that Christ sent over the last 2,000 years, would have taught the same.  (John 13:20; 14:15-17)  The WT organization was formed when there was a remarkable surge of what some consider to be a spiritual enlightenment – a “second great awakening”.  Mormonism, Baptists, Methodism, Seventh Day Adventist, Bible Students/Watchtower, all had their beginning around the same time.  Do any of the them have complete truth?  And why was it at generally the same time period, that there was there such an influx of religions beliefs?  Who was behind the establishment of so many paths diverging from the “sincerity and the purity of devotion to Christ”? (Lexham 2 Cor 11:3)  I believe it is Satan’s doing. (2 Pet 2:1-3)

The only “organization” that God approves is the “administration” within the anointed Body. (1 Cor chapt 12; Eph 1:3-11)  You seem to be keenly aware of this Body and the circumstances they face in the organization.  In the last days, the “remaining ones of the woman’s seed”/anointed are deceived by Satan’s ruse . (Rev 12:17; 2 Thess 2:1-4,8-12;Rev 13:4; Amos 3:5)  “Deceived” is a primary word that the organization fails to tell the anointed ones, or that they even notice. As most JWs believe, how can anyone be deceived if they are safe in the WT? (1 Thess 5:1-5)  However, we see the lies in the organization where the remaining anointed reside. Lies are deception that lead one down the wrong road. Who can deny that?  Only faithful JWs do. (2 Cor 4:1-6)    We also see that there is basic truth that led them in. It would be teachings of truth, that an anointed would recognize through the Holy Spirit poured into their heart. (Rom 5:5; 1 John 2:27)   Once in, it is very difficult to get out without losing everything.  All of this was prophesied to occur in the last days.  (Matt 24:24; Col 2:8; Rev 2:20; 13:10) It is a spiritual captivity that “tramples” down the anointed. (Matt 24:15,16; Mark 13:14; Rev 11:1-3)   When rejecting lies, turning to Christ, we are persecuted by our own spiritual “brothers and sisters” and family for doing so.  (Luke 12:53; Matt 5:10,11)

Daniel called the fourth beast that God’s people under covenant must face, as “different”. (Dan 7:19) I said that one of the Beasts of Rev 13 is a false prophet, the GB, (Rev 13:11), and the “Wild Beast” is the organization. (Rev 13:1) (Watchtower calls it "Satan's organization")  I also used Rev 12:17 above, which states that the “dragon” “makes war” with the remaining ones.  Notice what all of them accomplish together:

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

The “kings of the earth” are Jesus’ kings/priests.  Rev 1:5; 5:9,10   They are gathered in the WT….for the great day of God Almighty = Armageddon! (Luke 22:31; Rev 2:10)  Armageddon is based on DECEIT that comes out of the mouths of the “dragon” and the two Beasts - the GB, and the organization it directs. (Luke 21:8; Rev 13:12) The battle is being fought now, the exposure of truth against the teachings of lies; and it involves the anointed “kings of the earth”, and those with them.  

That is the summation of Armageddon, fought in the “valley of decision” (Joel 3:14); kings of the earth who transgressed their covenant in Christ, battle against faithful kings of the earth who return to Christ in repentance for their idolatry and believing lies. (Eph 5:11-14) The battle ensues by what comes out of each anointed one’s mouth – truth or lies.    All whose lives have been touched by the WT, make the decision -  the choice to go with, which results in each one’s judgment before Christ.  (Matt 7:21-23)  More than ever before, we see an exodus from the organization for various reasons, selfish ones, or the pursuit of truth.  Jesus does not disappoint those who are sincere about finding truth.  (Matt 22:1-14)  

The WT utilizes “signs and wonders” that are hard for the average JW to perceive as deception.  (2 Thess 2:9)  Yet, it is the deception – the ruse - against the anointed in the last days. (Rev 13:13,14, 5,7)   The Watchtower has twisted the timing of events to mislead the anointed and those with them.  The symbolic “thousand year” reign of Christ has ended. 

Rev 20:7-10 speaks again of the “gathering” of the saints for the “battle”, the same battle we see in Rev 16:13,14.  Gog/Magog ARE the Beasts. 

So, Satan has been let loose from the abyss to deceive the last of the anointed before the Kingdom arrives.  This deception or power is “different” – the gradual development of an organization that causes destruction.  It becomes more apparent with each passing day.  Even the world can see its destructive force; but its reason behind its purpose is only understood by those who discern the “trampling” down of the anointed – the “Gentile” elder body as the “disgusting thing standing in the temple of God.  (Matt 24:15,16; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3)

Judgment day began when Jesus came to earth. (Luke 12:51; John 3:18) Each person is judged during their lifetime, according to their choices, not during a thousand years after Armageddon.    Armageddon is the culmination of judgment against the remaining ones and those with them.  God judges the world, Jesus Christ and his foundation “stones” judge the anointed and those in the organization – his kings of the earth, and the nations with them.  (1 Cor 5:13; 1 Pet 4:17; Eph 2:19,20) Jesus’ words about the Great Tribulation experienced because of the two beasts, correlates with Daniel’s use of “different” – “For at that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will happen.  And unless those days had been shortened, no human being would be saved.  But for the sake of the elect, those days will be shortened.”  (Matt 24:21,22)  You are feeling this “different” tribulation or sifting, and you are caught in the middle of this battle of truth against lies.  The Great Tribulation is a result of Armageddon. 

So, Satan doesn’t want to lose his kingdom.  His “different” plan during these last days is to deceive the anointed into idolatry to an organization, and the dual, powerful “trampling” rule of men over them.  (Matt 24:48-51; Rev 9:1-6; 8:10,11; 9)

The scriptures say God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth. 

I believe Satan is the Destroyer.  What he does now or who he destroys before “death” is destroyed waits to be seen.  Yes, the earth will be cleansed of evil.  When he is gone, so is wickedness. (Isa 33:1; 1 Cor 15:24-26; Rev 21:1-4)

I believe in a family of the children of God - the seed of Abraham.   There are the “firstfruits” “born” to spirit life now, with a job to do. (Rom 8:16,17; James 1:18) For the faithful refined anointed ones, they will be Christ’s Bride, fulfilling the “New Covenant” as a new creation – both spirit and human. (Matt 25:1-13; 2 Cor 5:17; Gal 4:26)  Children will be “born” from this union, this fulfilled promise of life. (John 13:20; Rev 22:17;  Those children make up the rest of the children of God, “born” in spirit. (John 6:63)  At that time, the “144,000” priesthood will serve God, Jesus and the future children on the earth. (Rom 8:14; Rev 22:2)  The early priesthood assigned by God was to teach the people of Israel God’s laws.  (Mal 2:7) The heavenly priesthood will do the same, and whatever else they are assigned to do as they serve Christ on the earth, and in heaven. Who knows what God will ask of His future children in the Kingdom.  But for now, he is refining his priests to serve in the spiritual Temple built with the faithful “144,000” (1 Pet 2:5,9)    It will be accomplished by the time the organization goes down. (Zech 4:7; Rev 18:21; 8:8; Dan 2:34; 7:26,27)

Jesus was the first of Abraham’s promised seed to inherit the earth:

Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. 11 So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. 12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: “am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaacthe land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants.

Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”

16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.” 17 And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”  Gen 28:10-17

John 1:51 - He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.”

Angels are messengers, (see the Greek meaning for “angel”), priests are messengers. Mal 2:7  Jesus shares his inheritance of the earth with the “144,000”/anointed/angel messengers.  They won’t be stuck in heaven as the WT portrays it,  but will be both on earth and in heaven.  As “children of a promise” they will inherit the earth.  Rom 9:8; Gal 4:28

The  vision in Genesis was to Jacob – generally, to Israel.  During the last days, an “Elijah” comes to restore “Jacob” OUTSIDE of the organization.  It is happening now. (Nah 2:2; Isa 49:6; Mal 3:1-4; 4:5; Mark 9:12; Rev 11:3)

We are at another point where a “voice” is calling, “Prepare the way of the Lord in the wilderness; make a straight highway for our God in the desert.”  Isa 40:3

Isa 44:24-28; Isa 2:1-5

I work with other anointed and those not anointed, spreading truth to "Israel", those "nations" residing with them, as well as those "leaving the (apostate) city".  Matt 22:8-10

"When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."  Matt 10:23

Rev 18:4-8

Thus says the Lord,
The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:
“Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons;
And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.
 I have made the earth,
And created man on it.
I—My hands—stretched out the heavens,
And all their host I have commanded.
I have raised him up in righteousness,
And I will direct all his ways;("make all his ways straight")
He shall build My city
And let My exiles go free,
Not for price nor reward,”
Says the Lord of hosts.  Isa 45:11-13

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God."  Rev 21:1-3

That is, the only true "organization" that God approves. 

10 hours ago, John Houston said:

I hope you understood all that you spoke.

Yes, I do. 🙂 

I understand that the only organization which the Father approves of, is the one built on Christ, the chief cornerstone.  Isa 43:10,21; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; Heb 11:10; Rev 21:23; 22:5; Acts 7:48; Rom 8:9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 4:4

I understand that Jesus began ruling in the first century and that the symbolic “thousand years” is over, and the Great Tribulation/Armageddon is here.  Ps 110:1,2; 1 Cor 15;24-28

I understand that the WT is Satan's end time masterpiece, used to deceive the "remaining ones of the woman's seed". Gen 3:15; Dan 11:10; Rev 12:17,15; Matt 24:24; Acts 20:29; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10; 20:7-9

I understand that the elder body is the “man of lawlessness” sitting in the Temple of God, “where it does not belong”.  Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2; 1 Pet 2:5; Eph 2:21; 2 Cor 6:16; 1 Cor 3:16,17

I understand that Jesus Christ, and the anointed as a “new creation” will “inherit the earth” as Abraham’s offspring, along with all of God’s children.  Gen 28:13,14; Ps 2:8; Col 1:16; Rom 4:13; Gal 3:16

I understand the anointed “144,000” are both human and spirit. 2 Cor 5:17; 1 Cor 15:44; 1 Pet 1:23; John 3:5; 1 Cor 15:50; Rev 21:17

I understand that every JW who truly desires to worship God in spirit and truth, should LEAVE the organization behind, including one’s “garment”/identity and “possessions”/teachings.  Matt 24:15-18; Luke 17:31-37; Rev 18:4-8

Do you believe that the gift of "truth” from the Father and Christ, includes false and failed teachings

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  James 1:17

It is interesting that this scripture uses the phrase, "shifting shadows."  Darkness is always darkness.  Teachings that were never truth to begin with, can never be viewed as "light". "New light" is none other than a shifting shadow.  

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2018/01/armageddon.html

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.