The World News Media

It is good to remind oneself about humility

Kosonen

It is good to remind about Jesus' example and teachings conserning humility and service to others. So here below is a list of scriptures about that.

John 13:5 After that he put water into a basin and started to wash the feet of the disciples and to dry them off with the towel that was wrapped around him. 6  Then he came to Simon Peter. He said to him: “Lord, are you washing my feet?” 7  Jesus answered him: “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will understand after these things….12 When, now, he had washed their feet and had put his outer garments on, he again reclined at the table and said to them: “Do you understand what I have done to you? 13  You address me as ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are correct, for I am such. 14 Therefore, if I, the Lord and Teacher, washed your feet, you also should wash the feet of one another. 15  For I set the pattern for you, that just as I did to you, you should also do. 16  Most truly I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17  If you know these things, happy you are if you do them.

Luke 22:24  However, there also arose a heated dispute among them over which one of them was considered to be the greatest. 25  But he said to them: “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those having authority over them are called Benefactors. 26  You, though, are not to be that way. But let the one who is the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the one taking the lead as the one ministering. 27  For which one is greater, the one dining or the one serving? Is it not the one dining? But I am among you as the one serving.

Luke 17:10  Likewise, when you have done all the things assigned to you, say: ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’”

Luke 14:8  “When you are invited by someone to a marriage feast, do not recline in the most prominent place….... 10  But when you are invited, go and recline in the lowest place, so that when the man who invited you comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, go on up higher.’ Then you will have honor in front of all your fellow guests. 11  For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 10:20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice because the spirits are made subject to you, but rejoice because your names have been written in the heavens.”

Luke 11:43  Woe to you Pharisees, because you love the front seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces!

Luke 9:46  Then a dispute arose among them about which one of them was the greatest. 47  Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their hearts, took a young child, stood him beside him, 48  and said to them: “Whoever receives this young child on the basis of my name receives me also; and whoever receives me also receives the One who sent me. For the one who conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one who is great.”

Mark 9:35 So he sat down and called the Twelve and said to them: “If anyone wants to be first, he must be last of all and minister of all.”36  Then he took a young child and stood him in their midst; and putting his arms around him, he said to them: 37  “Whoever receives one of such young children on the basis of my name receives me also; and whoever receives me receives not me only but also Him who sent me.”

Mark 10:14 “Let the young children come to me; do not try to stop them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such ones. 15  Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a young child will by no means enter into it.”

Matthew 19:14 Jesus, however, said: “Let the young children alone, and do not try to stop them from coming to me, for the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to ones.”

Matthew 18:1 In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: “Who really is greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens?”

2 So calling a young child to him, he stood him in their midst 3  and said: “Truly I say to you, unless you turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. 4  Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one who is the greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens;

Matthew 11:25  At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. 26  Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved.

Mark 10:26 ...“Who possibly can be saved?” 27  Looking straight at them, Jesus said: “With men it is impossible but not so with God, for all things are possible with God.”

Mark 10:36  He said to them: “What do you want me to do for you?” 37  They replied: “Grant us to sit down, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your glory. 38 ”But Jesus said to them: “You do not know what you are asking for. Can you drink the cup that I am drinking or be baptized with the baptism with which I am being baptized?” 39  They said to him: “We can.” At that Jesus said to them: “The cup I am drinking, you will drink, and with the baptism with which I am being baptized, you will be baptized. 40 However, to sit down at my right hand or at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared.”

Mark 10:43 This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, 44  and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of all. 45  For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

Matthew 20:20  Then the mother of the sons of Zebʹe·dee approached him with her sons, doing obeisance and asking for something from him. 21  He said to her: “What do you want?” She replied to him: “Give the word that these two sons of mine may sit down, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your Kingdom.”.....23….but to sit down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.” 24  When the ten others heard about it, they became indignant at the two brothers.

25 But Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. 26  This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. 28  Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

Mark 12:38 And in his teaching he went on to say: “Beware of the scribes who want to walk around in robes and want greetings in the marketplaces 39  and front seats in the synagogues and the most prominent places at evening meals.

Matthew 23:8 But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9  Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10  Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11  But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12  Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

2 Peter 5:5 In the same way, you younger men, be in subjection to the older men. But all of you clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,

James 1:9  But let the lowly brother rejoice over his exaltation, 10  and the rich one over his humiliation, because like a flower of the field he will pass away. 11  For just as the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the plant, and its flower falls off and its outward beauty perishes, so too the rich man will fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

James 4:6....So it says: “God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.”7  Therefore, subject yourselves to God; 9 Give way to misery and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy into despair. 10  Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah, and he will exalt you.

2 Timothy 6:1 Let those who are under the yoke of slavery keep on considering their owners worthy of full honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may never be spoken of injuriously. 2  Moreover, let those having believing owners not be disrespectful to them because they are brothers. Rather, they should serve more readily, because those receiving the benefit of their good service are believers and beloved.

Ephesians 5:21 Be in subjection to one another in fear of Christ.

Romans 12:3 For through the undeserved kindness given to me, I tell everyone there among you not to think more of himself than it is necessary to think, but to think so as to have a sound mind, each one as God has given to him a measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who makes you different from another? Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive? If, in fact, you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not receive it?

1 Corinthians 10:12  So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we of ourselves are adequately qualified to consider that anything comes from us, but our being adequately qualified comes from God,

2 Corinthians 10:18 For it is not the one who recommends himself who is approved, but the one whom Jehovah recommends.

Acts 11:22 Then the people who were assembled began shouting: “A god’s voice, and not a man’s!” 23  Instantly the angel of Jehovah struck him, because he did not give the glory to God, and he was eaten up with worms and died.

Luke 18:15  Now people were also bringing him their infants for him to touch them, but on seeing this, the disciples began to reprimand them. 16  However, Jesus called the infants to him, saying: “Let the young children come to me, and do not try to stop them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such ones. 17  Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a young child will by no means enter into it.”

• Views 913
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to learn the difference between serving God through Christ, OR serving the CCJW through the GB.  I don't think people question scripture, but they do question how your GB misuse scriptur

Matthew 23:10  Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. How much worse is it then to call themself Governing body? I think apostle Paul has something to say to those ca

It is good to remind about Jesus' example and teachings conserning humility and service to others. So here below is a list of scriptures about that. John 13:5 After that he put water into a basin

How can you teach humility when someone questions their own Org? Teaching humility comes from understanding scripture in a knowledgeable, way. People here, especially "witnesses" continue to pick and choose what they like about scripture to apply to their lives, while they want to condemn parts of scripture they don't find palatable just because the message of encouragement comes from wise spiritual men.

Witnesses need to understand, there is NO such thing as sitting on the fence. Either you do, or you don't. 🤔

Those that do, can teach, those that sit on the fence, have already chosen to go against our heavenly father.

47 minutes ago, Leander H. McNelly said:

How can you teach humility when someone questions their own Org? Teaching humility comes from understanding scripture in a knowledgeable, way. People here, especially "witnesses" continue to pick and choose what they like about scripture to apply to their lives, while they want to condemn parts of scripture they don't find palatable just because the message of encouragement comes from wise spiritual men.

Witnesses need to understand, there is NO such thing as sitting on the fence. Either you do, or you don't. 🤔

Those that do, can teach, those that sit on the fence, have already chosen to go against our heavenly father.

You need to learn the difference between serving God through Christ, OR serving the CCJW through the GB. 

I don't think people question scripture, but they do question how your GB misuse scripture. 

Thank you for the scriptures, @Kosonen.  God’s Temple/house/sanctuary is “built” on the “humble” anointed ones.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  With those you have quoted, we can see that one of his goals was/is to teach those of the anointed Body, to become humble, as he was humble.   They are the mountain/house of the Lord; certainly it is not a "mountainlike organization".  

Brothers, consider your calling: Not many are wise from a human perspective, not many powerful, not many of noble birth. 27 Instead, God has chosen what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen what is weak in the world to shame the strong. 28 God has chosen what is insignificant and despised in the world—what is viewed as nothingto bring to nothing what is viewed as something     1 Cor 1:26-28 

This is what the Lord says:

“Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
    Where will my resting place be?
Has not my hand made all these things,
    and so they came into being?”
declares the Lord.

These are the ones I look on with favor:
    those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
    and who tremble at my word.
  Isa 66:1,2

“For we are God’s coworkers. You are God’s field, God’s building10 According to God’s grace that was given to me, I have laid a foundation as a skilled master builder, and another builds on it. But each one must be careful how he builds on it. 11 For no one can lay any other foundation than what has been laid down. That foundation is Jesus Christ. “ 1 Cor 3:9-11

“built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. 21 The whole building, being put together by Him, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord. 22 You also are being built together for God’s dwelling in the Spirit.”  Eph 2:20-22

3 hours ago, Kosonen said:

Questioning the WT organization is nothing different than what John the Baptist and Jesus did questioning the religious organization of their days.

Between what, their actions, spirituality. You seem to forget, God puts spiritual "leaders" for a reason. A reason you refuse to comprehend.

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

You need to learn the difference between serving God through Christ, OR serving the CCJW through the GB. 

I don't think people question scripture, but they do question how your GB misuse scripture. 

You need to learn the difference between posting about humility when you have known. Therefore, you just nullified your post.

14 hours ago, Leander H. McNelly said:

Between what, their actions, spirituality. You seem to forget, God puts spiritual "leaders" for a reason. A reason you refuse to comprehend.

Jesus asks:  “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Matthew 24:45

Looks like it is not about a group of men, but a single anointed.

In addition apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 10:18 For it is not the one who recommends himself who is approved, but the one whom Jehovah recommends.

The Governing Body is breaking the rule by recommending themselves. Not only that, but requiring that they are considered as discreet and faithful. Otherwise you are thrown out. Where is the modesty?

To understand what Jesus meant with the faithful and discreet slave or steward one must also read Luke 12 where Jesus explains that in more detail than in Matthew 24:45-51

From Jesus' words we learn that Jesus speaks about his individual slaves. He does not speak about an organization. So here too we see that every slave of Jesus, every anointed should try to qualify to be a faithful and discreet slave or steward helping non-anointed spiritually with timely spiritual food.

And from Jesus' words we see that one particular anointed will be appointed over Jesus' body of attendants to give them spiritual food. We can not see that, that has happened yet, because not one person is in charge but a group of men, the so called governing body. So we should expect a change to happen in this regard.

Luke 12:32  “Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom. 33  Sell your belongings and give gifts of mercy. Make money pouches that do not wear out, a never-failing treasure in the heavens, where no thief gets near and no moth consumes. 34  For where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also. 35 “Be dressed and ready and have your lamps burning, 36  and you should be like men waiting for their master to return from the marriage, so when he comes and knocks, they may at once open to him. 37  Happy are those slaves whom the master on coming finds watching! Truly I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at the table and will come alongside and minister to them. 38  And if he comes in the second watch, even if in the third, and finds them ready, happy are they! 39  But know this, if the householder had known at what hour the thief would come, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40  You also, keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely, the Son of man is coming.” 41  Then Peter said: “Lord, are you telling this illustration just to us or also to everyone?”

42  And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43  Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 44  I tell you truthfully, he will appoint him over all his belongings. 45  But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and starts to beat the male and female servants and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46  the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting him and at an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones. 47  Then that slave who understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do what he asked will be beaten with many strokes. 48  But the one who did not understand and yet did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed, everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him, and the one who was put in charge of much will have more than usual demanded of him.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:56 PM, Leander H. McNelly said:

You seem to forget, God puts spiritual "leaders" for a reason. A reason you refuse to comprehend.

Matthew 23:10  Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ.

How much worse is it then to call themself Governing body?

I think apostle Paul has something to say to those calling themself Governing body:

1 Corinthians 4:7  For who makes you different from another? Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive? If, in fact, you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not receive it? 8  Are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you begun ruling as kings without us? I really wish that you had begun ruling as kings, so that we also might rule with you as kings. 9  For it seems to me that God has put us the apostles last on exhibition as men condemned to death, because we have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels and to men. 10  We are fools because of Christ, but you are discreet in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are held in honor, but we in dishonor.

You complain without offering a better solution, as to what to call those trying to keep over 8 million people directed, focused, organized, and productive with fine works.

How about "Board of Directors"?

How about "Managing Staff"?

You gotta call them SOMETHING.

How about :"Managing Directors"?

I personally do not care what anybody calls me, as long as it's not late for dinner.

Many sports organizations, tennis, soccer, golf have those who try to provide discipline to the sports, and "Governing Body" is a common nomenclature, as it is for many City and Municipal Governments of various sorts..

It is a commonly used term, used by many secular groups.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. 

Things should not be in Christ's congregations as in the world. Jesus said:

Matthew 20:25  But Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. 26  This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, 27  and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. 28 Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

I'll elaborate it more later.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.