The World News Media

The Coffee Can Principle illustrated

James Thomas Rook Jr.

Neither I or my wife have ever taken an annual "flu shot" (vaccine).

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu," Trump tweeted Monday morning. "It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!"

==================================

So ..... think about that!

One thing to consider is which is the most dangerous ... in your PARTICULAR  case ...considering age, immune system, underlying health conditions, and other things applicable to you personally, is whether or not you want to take the risk of the Coronavirus being a threat to life, or long term health ... or a vaccine rushed to market.

I just got this email from an Elder in my congregation:

" Good evening everyone. Tomorrow evening our service group is assigned to do the light cleaning, which means we are responsible for disinfecting "all frequently touched surfaces in the Kingdom Hall including but not limited to door and fixture handles, microphones, seat arms, hard surface furniture, sinks, toilets, urinals, and drinking fountains" after the meeting. (The whole congregation is invited to do this before the meeting.) The more hands we have the more quickly we can get this done. Thanks! "

I am pretty much going to ignore the whole virus apprehension/scare thing, but probably wash my hands more often.  I already avoid people.

Do we stop eating at restaurants, or handling canned goods at the grocery store, that some checker has bagged?

I understand a Dilbert character, Ratbert, intended to achieve immortality by living in a coffee can away from all of this, but after a day of hiding in a coffee can, found immortality to be overrated.

• Views 197
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Neither I or my wife have ever taken an annual "flu shot" (vaccine).   "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu," Trump tweeted Monday morning. "It averages between 27,000 and

According to some quotes i find on public news, in Croatia (cca 4 000 000 population) number of death because of flu and complication flu made, is 300-500 per year. And as you very well noticed,

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.