The World News Media

Meetings canceled in Sweden

Kosonen

Interesting to see what the Memorial plans will be in areas where no more than 10 or 15 can meet at once. We were supposed to get a feed from a congregation in Florida last week, but had to make do locally, after a feed failure. But I don't think it's right to use virtual emblems. For non-partakers, the tradition is to hold the emblem and pass it on, to prove we are refusing it, I guess.

• Views 2k
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ummmm.......no. The congregations are only following the recommendations or orders from secular authorities who have good reasons for giving these orders for the health and safety of its citizens

Very simple ... hold the Memorial in people's homes, limited in size to whatever is determined to be safe .. I see no problem with 20 Memorials of 15 people, per Congregation. It does not ha

Oh no, but they will be so wrong! It's the toilet paper manufacturers.

Posted Images

Very simple ... hold the Memorial in people's homes, limited in size to whatever is determined to be safe ..

I see no problem with 20 Memorials of 15 people, per Congregation.

It does not have to be one hour.

It can be one paragraph of commentary read, with a prayer at both ends.

15 minutes.

Tops!

My guess is that the original Memorial (reading from Luke), was SHORTER than 10 minutes.

...and only had 12 people present !

On 3/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, Kosonen said:

My wife, active JW, does not go to meeting today. She says meetings are canceled due to the Corona virus.

Very interesting.

A speculation rose in my mind, could this be the beginning of the fall of the WT organization. A soft start to the liquidation of the WT organization? The congregations would already had canceled normal meetings and then it would not be a big deal to close the headquarters.

The situation is no doubt very special.

Then the foretold flight to the desert could occure.

Ummmm.......no.

The congregations are only following the recommendations or orders from secular authorities who have good reasons for giving these orders for the health and safety of its citizens. I can't understand why anyone would think that JWs are somehow going to think it does not apply to them??

As soon as the authorities say it's ok to gather again, we will resume the meetings. It's not rocket science....

11 minutes ago, Anna said:

As soon as the authorities say it's ok to gather again, we will resume the meetings. It's not rocket science....

And will be anxiously looking forward to it.

The comment you are responding to included the idea of a "soft start to the liquidation of the WT organization." That reminded me of a rumor, surely started by ex-JWs, that the idea behind JW Broadcasting was to ultimately turn the meetings into a video broadcast from HQ. All meetings at the Hall would become more and more made up of videos until finally they were 100% videos. This would supposedly result in HQ turning into little more than a place where the videos were made. Of course, conspiratorialists would say that this could result in "association through connectivity" and the result would be selling off of most HQ buildings, maybe even the Halls, too.

Instead, we have a ready-made solution to these kinds of medical emergencies.

55 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

That reminded me of a rumor, surely started by ex-JWs, that the idea behind JW Broadcasting was to ultimately turn the meetings into a video broadcast from HQ. All meetings at the Hall would become more and more made up of videos until finally they were 100% videos. This would supposedly result in HQ turning into little more than a place where the videos were made.

Yes I heard that too. It was not so much a rumor but wishful thinking on the part of the ex-JWs i think, as they were hoping this would eventually lead to the disintegration of the org. However, I just read a leaked letter to the BOE urging elders  to find ways for the members of the cong to interact via some type of conference calling and/or to stream a meeting with only those who have talks etc. like you already described, and make it possible for everyone to be tied in and even comment. They were saying that the JW streaming should not be used indefinitely because we need to interact with each other, even if only by video conference etc. So the ex-jws  had to admit that the idea that congregations meetings could eventually be phased out does not sound realistic at all in view of this letter....

Oh and also group meetings, if permissible, have been suggested, or just families, even if these consist of women only. I am assuming this is in countries with lockdown....

Here in UK it seems that more people are opening up their homes and people are meeting in groups of around twenty. Quite reminds me of the 'Tuesday group meetings / book study' we used to have.

It's kinda funny that even though they all shun me they still want me to know what's going on.  Messages arrive through my wife..... 

What is also funny is how some of you still love to group Ex- Witnesses together as if we are an army fighting against the CCJW. Some of us actually want the CCJW to continue. I'm personally looking forward to the outcome in a few years time, if God allows me to live that long. The CSA will be sorted out in probably 3 to 5 years. The True Anointed will be in place by the end of 5 years (in my opinion), but whether they will be in the CCJW or else where remains to be seen. The world conditions will of course be much worse by then and I think people will seriously begin to reason on whether God exists and if such a God will rescue mankind.

At the moment life is too easy for many of us. We can sit on here and burble, in our warm homes whilst munching on chocolate biscuits. I don't think the Apostle Paul or others had it that easy. No, things need to get gritty. So I do hope the CCJW continues, although I may never be part of it again. But i haven't completely shut that door and maybe many other Ex JWs haven't shut that door either. 

God will use any individual He wants and whatever group of people He wants to. Maybe some of you should stop being so anti Ex JWs. If you feel Ex jWs are your enemies then didn't Jesus say to love your enemies. 

Il 15/3/2020 Alle 12:33, Joe Derrick ha scritto:

uomo di poca fiducia....

Perchè dovresti avere più fiducia in quello che tua moglie fa,e non usare ironia e forse anche sarcasmo nei suoi confronti tra l'altro pubblicamente.(leggiti il commento alla decisione di chiudere le sale del regno causa il corona virus)

34 minutes ago, Joe Derrick said:

Perchè dovresti avere più fiducia in quello che tua moglie fa,e non usare ironia e forse anche sarcasmo nei suoi confronti tra l'altro pubblicamente.(leggiti il commento alla decisione di chiudere le sale del regno causa il corona virus)

This appears to mean:

You should have more trust in what your wife is doing, not using irony and perhaps even sarcasm about her in such a public way. (Read the comment about the decision to close the Kingdom Halls due to the the coronavirus)

Il 15/3/2020 Alle 11:59, Kosonen ha scritto:

My wife, active JW, does not go to meeting today. She says meetings are canceled due to the Corona virus.

Very interesting.

A speculation rose in my mind, could this be the beginning of the fall of the WT organization. A soft start to the liquidation of the WT organization? The congregations would already had canceled normal meetings and then it would not be a big deal to close the headquarters.

The situation is no doubt very special.

Then the foretold flight to the desert could occure.

You should have more trust in what your wife is doing, not using irony and perhaps even sarcasm about her in such a public way. (Read the comment about the decision to close the Kingdom Halls due to the the coronavirus)

17 minuti fa, JW Insider ha scritto:

This appears to mean:

scusa ma la risposta non era rivolta a te ho sbagliato utente sorry

On 3/17/2020 at 8:06 AM, Joe Derrick said:

scusa ma la risposta non era rivolta a te ho sbagliato utente sorry

Not a problem. I knew it was for @4Jah2me [edited: I meant to type @Kosonen here], I just thought it might be easier for him to know that if someone translated it.

[Non è un problema. Sapevo che era per @Kosonen, ho solo pensato che sarebbe stato più facile per lui sapere che se qualcuno lo traducesse.]

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.