The World News Media

How to comprehend anointing

Kosonen

JWs have heard that you can not be anointed if you are not sure of your anointing. But is that statement Scriptural? Or is it just something the GB tells to discourage JWs to accept the anointing from God?

Just recently Antony Morris, GB member, spoke about that in the following video from the 3:00 minute mark.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_202003_10_VIDEO

I think many have had doubts about their anointing in the beginning. And that has surely been aggravated by all the discouragement the WT organization spreads about becoming anointed in these last days.

It is like they are shutting up the kingdom of heaven before men. That is very similar to what Jesus said in Matthew 23:13  “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the Kingdom of the heavens before men; for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in.

But this hypochrisy has been exposed. Maybe it happened accidentally in the life story of Ted Jarazc's wife, Melita Jaracz. There she tells that her husband Ted Jaracz, a former GB member,  had prayed intensely about his anointment to be sure. So Ted Jaracz, the former GB member was not fully sure about his anointment in the beginning. So evidently it is very hypocritical by the WT organization, and now for GB member Antony Morris to tell if you have doubts about your anointing you are not anointed. It is just not that easy. According to Romans 8 :16 the realization of being anointed comes in the following way: "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children."

The words bears witness indicates that it is a continual process. And for many it must be difficult to believe at once. But the spirit will continue to bear witness and by the time the anointed ones become more and more sure.

This is what Melita Jaracz said in the WT about Ted Jaracz:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015686

"Something I particularly respected about Ted was that he never took his relationship with Jehovah for granted. He cherished his sacred service to the greatest Person in the universe. We loved to read and study the Bible together. At night before retiring, we knelt next to the bed, and he prayed for us. Then we separately said our own prayers. I always knew when a serious matter was weighing on Ted’s mind. He would get out of bed, kneel down again, and silently pray at length. I deeply appreciated that he wanted to pray to Jehovah about matters great and small.

Some years after we got married, Ted explained to me that he was going to start partaking of the emblems at the Memorial. “I have prayed about this intensely to be absolutely sure that I am doing what Jehovah wants me to do,” he said. I was not entirely surprised that he had been anointed with God’s spirit to serve in heaven eventually. I viewed it as a privilege to support one of Christ’s brothers.—Matt. 25:35-40." (End of quote)

• Views 145
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JWs have heard that you can not be anointed if you are not sure of your anointing. But is that statement Scriptural? Or is it just something the GB tells to discourage JWs to accept the anointing from

2 hours ago, Kosonen said:

I think many have had doubts about their anointing in the beginning. And that has surely been aggravated by all the discouragement the WT organization spreads about becoming anointed in these last days.

And...how they must be silent about their anointing.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/restorationofjacob/permalink/1505479312958660/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.