The World News Media

WATCHTOWER JANUARY 2020 Study 5.

Patiently waiting for Truth

I've just been reading the January 2020 Study Watchtower. (Hard copy mag', not online) In particular Study No 5.

Now my previous comment I wrote 3 hours ago on another topic, before I'd even seen this Study article. And what is this Study article about ?

It's about the Anointed and WE WILL GO WITH YOU PEOPLE. 

The 10 men and the Jew. It shows that the 'Jew' are the anointed and the ten men are people that want to serve God properly, with an earthly hope..

However in para' 2 it says 'However they do not view the anointed as their leaders, realising that Jesus fills the role of Leader'   Keep that in mind.

In para 7, we find this hint once again basically telling Anointed ones not to meet together  and not to have Bible discussions together. Saying the congregation would not be united if anointed ones 'did those things'.  It also makes a very harsh statement, that the anointed 'would be working against the holy spirit' if they were to do those things. 

However in para' 8 it tells us about the bible, saying ".but it does not tell us that we can make any human our leader" Remember this too. 

Para' 10 says " we will never follow others, even those who are anointed or well known or those that have served Jehovah for a long time.  Remember all this.

Because you should also remember that the GB have said "Jehovah and Jesus trust us (GB) so you should trust us" 

Para' 12 once again uses the idea of some of the 'anointed' being mentally ill, 

BUT para 15 is the big one. Quote " Not all who have the hope of living in heaven are part of 'the faithful and discreet slave'  

It uses the excuse that 'Just as in the first century, Jehovah and Jesus today are using a few brothers to feed, or teach, many. Only a few anointed Christians in the first century were used to write the Christian Greek Scriptures ". 

What it completely fails to mention is that there were relatively few anointed disciples in the position of being with Christ at the time and therefore having the knowledge to write those things.

It also fails to note that Paul was more of an 'outsider', not one of the twelve, but Paul was used to write the letters to the congregations. 

Para 15 goes on to say that " Today only a few anointed Christians have the responsibility to give God's people 'food at the proper time' ".

That paragraph 15 is so tiny and slyly slipped in there. It's right at the end of the article deliberately to play on the minds of congregants. It has no scriptural backing at all. 

So the Study article starts off by saying exactly as I have said about the 10 men clinging to the robe of a Jew. It recognises the JEW as being the Anointed.

It recognises the earthly class as Saying "We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people"

BUT then it ends the article by saying that only those 8 men are the F&DS. 

Hypocrisy of the highest order. No scripture in the whole Bible says those 8 men are the F&DS. And no scripture says who the F&DS are. The Governing Body of CCJW have given themselves that title and are still pushing this full tilt on the congregation. 

The scripture in Acts 2, from verse 14 where Peter implies that they are living in the last days, states that, from v 17,

‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I will pour out some of my spirit on every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams,l 18  and even on my male slaves and on my female slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

This scripture mentions women as well as men prophesying. It mentions young and old seeing visions and dreaming dreams. BUT it doesn't mention just 8 men that 'study together' (which they don't want other anointed doing)  being the only ones to prophesy. 

I am grateful to the provider of the magazines i have. It's nice to be able to read it in print. 

• Views 632
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been reading the January 2020 Study Watchtower. (Hard copy mag', not online) In particular Study No 5. Now my previous comment I wrote 3 hours ago on another topic, before I'd even seen

But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26

I don't know of any scripture that says Acts 2:17,18 had its end when Jerusalem was destroyed.   Mark 9:11,12; Rev 11:1-4; Zech 4:11-14 Prophets were still to come after the destruction of J

8 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

In para 7, we find this hint once again basically telling Anointed ones not to meet together  and not to have Bible discussions together. Saying the congregation would not be united if anointed ones 'did those things'.  It also makes a very harsh statement, that the anointed 'would be working against the holy spirit' if they were to do those things. 

But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.  1 Cor 12:24b-26

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.  Eph 4:11-16

Many others are also understanding what you see concerning the anointed in the organization. 

I am so grateful you are speaking up about it.

9 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

It recognises the earthly class as Saying "We want to go with you, (the Jew) for we have heard that God is with you people" BUT then it ends the article by saying that only those 8 men are the F&DS.

The "Jew" are all the anointed (spiritual Israel). The FDS are just a few of the anointed to give food at the proper time. Don't mix the two up.

9 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

The scripture in Acts 2, from verse 14 where Peter implies that they are living in the last days, states that, from v 17,

‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I will pour out some of my spirit on every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams,l 18  and even on my male slaves and on my female slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

This scripture mentions women as well as men prophesying. It mentions young and old seeing visions and dreaming dreams.

Peter was talking about the last days of what was going on at the time (destruction of Jerusalem was close), when holy spirit was poured out, and some people thought they were drunk. So Peter said: "Men of Ju·deʹa and all you inhabitants of Jerusalem, let this be known to you and listen carefully to my words. 15  These people are, in fact, not drunk, as you suppose, for it is the third hour of the day. 16  

Then Peter goes to point out that Joel prophesied about this situation "On the contrary, this is what was said through the prophet Joel: 17  ‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I will pour out some of my spirit on every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams,l 18  and even on my male slaves and on my female slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Just to be clear, and it was mentioned on here a few times already, anyone can benefit from the holy spirit, they do not have to be anointed. Holy spirit is not limited to the anointing process, but it is also a helper, it helps all Christians, regardless of their final destination, to produce the spirit's fruitage.

42 minutes ago, Anna said:

Peter was talking about the last days of what was going on at the time (destruction of Jerusalem was close),

I don't know of any scripture that says Acts 2:17,18 had its end when Jerusalem was destroyed.  

Mark 9:11,12; Rev 11:1-4; Zech 4:11-14

Prophets were still to come after the destruction of Jerusalem.  

Quote @Anna  "The "Jew" are all the anointed (spiritual Israel). The FDS are just a few of the anointed to give food at the proper time. Don't mix the two up"

The truth is NO ONE know who the F&DS are.  You are only relating what you are told by the GB through the W/t.

But one main point is, that scripture says that, the earthly class want to follow or 'go with' the JEW, the Anointed. It does not say 'go with' the 8 men of the GB of CCJW. 

Next point.

Quote "Peter was talking about the last days of what was going on at the time (destruction of Jerusalem was close),"

I tend to agree with you on this but, was that a smaller fulfilment of the prophesy concerning the 'last days'.

There seems to be an understanding that many scriptures had a smaller fulfilment and will have a bigger fulfilment. Only the Apostle John's writings were written after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C. E. So all other last day prophesies could have two fulfilments. 

2 Timothy Chapter 3 for instance, talks about the 'last days'. But that was written prior to the destruction of Jerusalem. So Paul's letter could be referring to the last days before the destruction of Jerusalem. But it is generally accepted to mean the 'last days' NOW. 

So 'what was spoken of though the prophet Joel' 

17  ‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I will pour out some of my spirit on every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams,l 18  and even on my male slaves and on my female slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Could have a bigger fulfilment in THESE last days.

And if so, who are those people mentioned in it ?  

In that scripture God is promising to POUR OUT SOME OF HIS SPIRIT  but the GB admit to not having that spirit. Read that scripture again and see the promises in it that come from GOD.

It mentions male and female being inspired by GOD'S holy spirit. IN the Last Days. 

14 hours ago, Anna said:

The FDS are just a few of the anointed to give food at the proper time. Don't mix the two up.

In the book of Revelation, those anointed who survive the test Satan throws upon them, (Luke 22:31; 21:8; James 1:12-16; Col 2:8; Rev 12:3,4,15)

...and their needed refinement to be found pure and blameless, are referred to as the “called, faithful, and chosen” servants of Christ. ( 2 Cor 11:1-4; 1 Pet 1:22; 2 Pet 3:9; Phil 2:15)

“These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are calledchosen, and faithful.” Rev 17:14

All servants of Christ should be found faithful and discreet (“wise”).  Luke 19:15-27  Their wisdom comes from the “Spirit of truth”.  ( Luke 7:35; 21:15; 16:13; John 17:17)

“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing.”  Matt 24:45,46

This particular “faithful” servant placed over God’s household (Eph 2:19-22) is also a steward, which is a position within the Body of Christ. 

1 Cor 12:28 – “And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, various kinds of tongues.”

Luke 12:42 - And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season?”

The word for steward here can mean “a house-distributor, overseer, to dispense, manage”

When we look at how the Holy Spirit works within the united Body of Christ, does this mean that only the manager/administrator provides all necessary elements for the household?  That is not the role of a genuine steward, even in our world; who collects from all servants and “administrates”  - allocates, dispenses, distributes – to all within the household. The steward is not the sole source of provisions as the GB make it out to be.  

“For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all.  Rom 12:4-8

A wicked steward/administrator does not recognize the function of any other servant.  Because of that, the spiritual house/Temple of God cannot thrive in the organization.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  

“But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”  Matt 24:48-51

JWs refuse to recognize the scriptures that show clearly how the anointed Body is to work.  They are enamored by humble-looking men who appear to be providing for the “house”; yet, the house these men have appointed themselves over as “administrators”, also use their own made up “body” of elders to keep the ORGANIZATION thriving.  They have no care for the spiritual House of God – His Temple of “living stores”.  Earthly matters are the priority for the GB.

Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.  For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:  whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.  Phil 3:17-19

If a wicked steward is present, this does not mean there isn’t a faithful one Jesus has in mind, that is chosen to restore God’s spiritual “house” in these last days.  

Also, because this role is within the Body, among all other spiritual gifts, there have been faithful servants appointed as stewards over the last 2,000 years, since the Body was formed.  

Matt 17:11 - Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
And he will turn
The hearts of the fathers to the children,
And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”  Mal 4:5,6

8 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

truth is NO ONE know who the F&DS

Not true: "who is the F&DS ?" Is the question in the bible for all to read at Matt 24:45....... This means every individual reading this scripture must identify them for themself who this slave is........ This slave would be there during the perousia...... so not hard to figure out.