The World News Media

SHEDDING LIGHT ON THE ARMY OF LOCUSTS

Witness

Just recently, a massive, devastating locust plague made its way across areas of eastern Africa, threatening livelihoods and food supply, with new swarms developing from heavy rains experienced last month. This plague is expected to continue until the beginning of the harvest season in June and July, at the least. The countries of Yemen, Iran, and Pakistan are also on alert, as the development of a “new generation” makes headway into new territory. They appear to be unstoppable, as long as the conditions are favorable to support their life cycle. 

Individual locusts experience a transformation that allows a swarm to develop; from the inconspicuous looking grasshopper, to a bold color change accenting their new aggressive attitude, and eating habits that contribute to accelerated size and strength. They are a desert creature, needing moisture to sustain the eggs they lay, which also produces a bumper crop of vegetation to feed on, once hatched. 

When I investigated the characteristics and habits of what is called a swarm of “gregarious” locusts, the locust army in Joel 2 took on further understanding of its application today, as an army whose intent is to destroy God’s “land”. (Joel 2:2,3; Rev 9:3,4,710; 13:2,7; 20:7-9)

Most of us are aware that the organization just recently updated their view of the locust attack in Joel. It is rather incredible that it has taken many years to reach the conclusion that the anointed are not that particular “swarm”. The excuse given for their error, is that it wasn’t time for God to reveal its true identity. Perhaps instead of blaming God for deliberately hiding the truth for decades, the governing leaders should be held accountable to their admission of not being “inspired” by Holy Spirit. (2 Cor 11:3,4,13-15)  

Until reading their April magazine article, I had understood that this “new light” revealed two locust armies that would be present in the last days. Instead, the organization segregates the locust account in Revelation 9 from that in Joel by saying Joel’s locusts had their fulfillment during the early Babylonian siege. True, but as witnessed continually in God’s word, the history and actions of God’s people, echo again and again, right down to today. The ancient prophesy in Joel has further fulfillment in our day. (Isa 13:9; Zeph 1:15; Joel 1:15; 2:2; 3:14-16; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 8:12; 9:3,11,12; 16:13-16) 

I noticed that the WT’s focus was on the wickedness of the army in Joel, and not the reason why God allowed the army to devastate His wayward people. ( Joel 1:5,8-12; 2:12-14) During the time they taught that the anointed “Israel” were the now understood “wicked” locust swarm, I wonder how it escaped their notice that God’s nation of Israel was the army’s target. And still, it is taught that the anointed “Israel” today are Revelation’s devastating locusts. I hope if you compare the scriptures, you can determine they are the same army that comes against God’s people in the last days. God allows our exposure to this locust swarm as a discipline, leading to our cleansing and repentance from the organizations lies. (Joel 1:13; Lam 2:14; Rev 3:18; 11:3)  

“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chron 7:13,14

That army is the elder body/”man of lawlessness” ruling over God’s “land”; His anointed priesthood, who do not have the seal of God upon their foreheads. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17;1 Cor 3:9;Eph 2:20-22; Matt 24:15; Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2) (Joel 1:6; Rev 9:4) (Rev 3:12;7:4)

Instead, they carry the mark of an organization; the “mark of the Beast” which is the mark of an idol. JWs receive this mark not only at baptism, but through all activities performed for the organization. Anyone who recognizes this destructive body of elders and refuses to acknowledge their power over him, is “killed” – disfellowshipped; which ultimately removes the mark of the Beast. (Rev 13:1,4-10,15-17; 19:20)

The GB or their “helpers” developed a basic comparison chart that they label, “similar but different”

Using Joel 1:4; 2:7-9,20:

They are from the north

Vegetation is devastated

Eventually, they are driven away

Joel’s locust depict the Babylonian army that invaded Jerusalem.

Using Rev. 9:1-11:

They are not from the north, but come out of the abyss (the place of “not perceiving”)

They are not to harm the vegetation (UNTIL God’s holy people are sealed – Rev 9:4;7:3)

They finish their work (When the locust army/Beast from the Sea/man of lawlessness has finished its work, it will no longer exist - Rev 17:8; Rev 20:7-10)

And it is assumed that they are “Jehovah’s anointed servants” proclaiming judgment messages.

This is a bare-bones comparison chart of error, that most JWs will accept as “proper food at the proper time”. By using God’s Word, Pearl Doxsey’s article explains in depth why His people today are under attack by a great army of symbolic locusts, that is the catalyst which brings about the Great Tribulation and Armageddon. I encourage you to read, “The Greatest Tribulation -- What and Why?” on her blog.

Can it be dismissed that the locust swarms the country of Africa is suffering from, has accomplished incredible damage to the vegetation…to the food supply? If Revelation’s locusts symbolize the anointed presenting the organization’s supply of spiritual food (Rev 13:16,17), which is said to cause the listener to become “very uncomfortable”, isn’t this contradictory to the instinctive drive of a swarm of locusts? Since when do locusts carry their own food supply? And, who in the “preaching work” are so uncomfortable by JW’s initial message that they “seek death”? (Rev 9:6)

As the locusts transform from solitary creatures into a blackened swarming powerhouse, they crave carbohydrate-rich foods, and their favorite is in the form of grains. God’s priesthood, or “sons of the kingdom” who are to follow the footsteps of Christ, are compared to wheat grain. (Matt 13:23,37,38) They are to carry the “seed”, the word of God in their hearts; yet they are the first and foremost target of the locusts described in both Bible books. (Luke 8:11,12; Rev 9:4) Satan, who demands to sift God’s people “as wheat” is fueling the intentions of this locust army, to turn their hearts into “weeds”, using poison-induced teachings leading God’s people into idolatry. (Luke 22:31; Matt 13:30; Rev 9:1-3; 8:10,11;16:13,14; Rev 13:4)

Satan sows misleading lies in our heart, as "weeds" (Eph 4:22; 2 Thess 2:10; James 1:15; Matt 13:25; 1 Pet 2:11).

As those deceptive desires and illusions/"weeds" grow and mature, they choke out the word from our heart (Matt 13:7; Luke 8:7,14; Gal 6:8).

When these hearts come to maturity, the appearance of the heart is full of weeds/thorns. The identity of that heart then, is a weed (Matt 13:38; Ps 37:1,2; Ezek 2:6; 28:24; 2 Sam 23:6; Isa 51:12; Micah 7:4).  Pearl Doxsey

These desert locust swarms are as one article put it, “opportunists”, who breed and forage where vegetation growth is aided by plentiful rain. God’s word of truth in Christ is compared to “living water”, which nourishes the faithful heart of the anointed and all who accept their teachings. (Prov 10:11; John 4:14; 7:38; Matt 5:6; Mark 9:37) The anointed receive a “token” of Holy Spirit that “writes” the laws of God through Christ, onto their heart. (Matt 13:12; 2 Cor 1:21,22; Heb 8:10)

Effectively, the elder body/Beast/symbolic locusts have taken the opportunity to target, infiltrate and desolate the hearts of God’s lush “beautiful land” and dwelling (1 Cor 3:16,17) spreading spiritual darkness, famine and thirst to all in the organization. (Amos 8:9-11; Rev 6:6-8; 13:15-17) Those anointed priests who submit to the power of this counterfeit priesthood, can lose all sense of God’s righteous decrees through their act of idolatry, acceptance of lies and the wicked ruler-ship over them. (Mal 2:7-9; Num 18:7; Ezek 44:6-9)

"Listen to me, you who know righteousness,
the people in whose heart is my instruction:
do not fear disgrace by men,
and do not be shattered by their taunts.
8 For moths will devour them like a garment,
and worms will eat them like wool.
But my righteousness will last forever,
and my salvation for all generations.

I—I am the one who comforts you.
Who are you that you should fear humans who die,
or a son of man who is given up like grass?
13 But you have forgotten the Lord, your Maker,
who stretched out the heavens
and laid the foundations of the earth.
You are in constant dread all day long
because of the fury of the oppressor,
who has set himself to destroy.
But where is the fury of the oppressor?
14 The prisoner is soon to be set free;
he will not die and go to the Pit,
and his food will not be lacking." Isa 51:7,8,12-14

And one last thought; these uniquely transformed locusts become attracted to the odor of a toxic plant substance, which attributes to their own toxicity and possible color change from grey, to bright yellow and black. This is a plant alkaloid used in the pharmaceutical world for several reasons, but its downside is harmful effects on the nervous system and vision. “Wormwood” has her army at her side, drunk on her toxic waters, while sharing dominion over God’s “land”, as together they bring “truth to the ground” (Dan 7:23;8:12; Rev 13:1,2; 8:10,11; Matt 24:48-51; Rev 13:11,12; 17:3,15)

Those under the influence of that organization and it's leaders, are drinking the wine of the vine of Satan (Deut 32:32,33; Joel 3:13,14; Rev 14:18-20).

Those who imbibe from that vine (instead of the vine and branches of Christ - (John 15:1,4,5,8), are spiritually drunk, and are unable to "Keep Awake" as Jesus commanded (Luke 21:34-36; 1 Thess 5:7; John 12:35).

Just as it is nearly impossible to rouse an intoxicated person, it will be near to impossible to awaken one who is devoted to demonic deception (1 Tim 4:1; Rev 16:13-16)

Spiritual blindness can only be cured by Christ, who opens that no one can shut, and shuts that no one can open (Rev 3:7; Luke 24:45; Matt 13:11). We are ready to offer our scriptural reasons for hope (1 Pet 3:15; 1 Cor 9:16)... but only God can make them able to hear what the spirit says to the congregations
(1 John 1:5; Ps 36:9; Luke 11:13; 1 Cor 2:10; Matt 11:15).

“Pay attention to me, my people,
and listen to me, my nation;
for instruction will come from me,
and my justice for a light to the nations.
I will bring it about quickly.
5 My righteousness is near,
my salvation appears,
and my arms will bring justice to the nations.
The coasts and islands will put their hope in me,
and they will look to my strength.

For the Lord will comfort Zion;
he will comfort all her waste places,
and he will make her wilderness like Eden,
and her desert like the garden of the Lord.
Joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and melodious song.” Isa 51:4,5,6

“Don’t be afraid, land;
rejoice and be glad,
for the Lord has done astonishing things.
22 Don’t be afraid, wild animals,
for the wilderness pastures have turned green,
the trees bear their fruit,
and the fig tree and grapevine yield their riches.
23 Children of Zion, rejoice and be glad
in the Lord your God,
because he gives you the autumn rain
for your vindication.
He sends showers for you,
both autumn and spring rain as before.
24 The threshing floors will be full of grain,
and the vats will overflow
with new wine and fresh oil.

25 I will repay you for the years
that the swarming locust ate,
the young locust, the destroying locust,
and the devouring locust—
my great army that I sent against you.
26 You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied.
You will praise the name of the Lord your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you.
My people will never again be put to shame.
27 You will know that I am present in Israel
and that I am the Lord your God,
and there is no other.
My people will never again be put to shame.” Joel 2:21-27

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/

“Mark of the Beast”

For more understanding on the meaning of “abyss”, please see: “What is Sheole/Hades?”

“Christ’s Return – When?”

“Great Tribulation – Two Phases”

“Wheat and Weed seeds grow up and mature”

“Earth Swallows Satan’s River”

“How Do We Warn Them?”

locust swarm.png

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 941
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, your blind leaders gave that illustration of lions.   Remember, it is the same leadership who for years believed God’s anointed were Joel’s locusts, but you still put your trust in them.    You m

@Patiently waiting for Truth said in a recent closed topic about the identity of the locust in Joel   - "The Watchtower / JW Org / GB, here admitted that what they had been teaching was FALSE." Y

GB Gerrit Loesch:  “Today the faithful slave was put in charge of providing spiritual food for God’s people who number into the millions.  The slave also shows complete trust in Jehovah that he will g

Posted Images

On 4/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, Witness said:

not the reason why God allowed the army to devastate His wayward people. (

Number 1: I could not find the article in April ..... please give a link to it.

I read Joel , the entire chapter, and It clearly states that the people of God will be saved.  There is an army "behind" and infront". Further down in the chapter it clearly refers to the "vanguard" and "rearguard". 

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

Number 1: I could not find the article in April ..... please give a link to it.

I read Joel , the entire chapter, and It clearly states that the people of God will be saved.  There is an army "behind" and infront". Further down in the chapter it clearly refers to the "vanguard" and "rearguard". 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2020/An-Attack-Coming-From-the-North/

Joel 2:19,20 - 

Then the Lord will be zealous for His land,
And pity His people.
 The Lord will answer and say to His people,
“Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil,
And you will be satisfied by them;
I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations.

20 “But I will remove far from you the northern army,
And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land,
With his face toward the eastern sea ("presence")
And his back toward the western sea; ("end, conclusion")
His stench will come up,
And his foul odor will rise,
Because he has done monstrous things.”

3 But you have forgotten the Lord, your Maker,
who stretched out the heavens
and laid the foundations of the earth.
You are in constant dread all day long
because of the fury of the oppressor,
who has set himself to destroy.
But where is the fury of the oppressor?
14 The prisoner is soon to be set free;
he will not die and go to the Pit,
and his food will not be lacking."   Isa 51:13,14

"Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ."  Col 2:8

"And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. He had 10 horns and seven heads. On his horns were 10 diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names."

"A mouth was given to him to speak boasts and blasphemies. He was also given authority to act  for 42 months. He began to speak blasphemies against God: to blaspheme His name and His dwelling—those who dwell in heaven.  And he was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them. He was also given authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation."

If anyone has an ear, he should listen:

If anyone is destined for captivity,
into captivity he goes.
If anyone is to be killed with a sword,
with a sword he will be killed."     Rev 13:1,5,7,9,10

On 4/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, Witness said:

Can it be dismissed that the locust swarms the country of Africa is suffering from, has accomplished incredible damage to the vegetation…to the food supply? If Revelation’s locusts symbolize the anointed presenting the organization’s supply of spiritual food (Rev 13:16,17), which is said to cause the listener to become “very uncomfortable”, isn’t this contradictory to the instinctive drive of a swarm of locusts? Since when do locusts carry their own food supply? And, who in the “preaching work” are so uncomfortable by JW’s initial message that they “seek death”? (Rev 9:6)

Could be worse ....

dt161030.jpg

Satan is depicted as a roaring lion  On the other hand the lion is a symbol of righteousness and the lion of Judah depicts righteous rulership.

Similarly the locust. Its destructive, penetrating traits can be used in two ways.

Do not forget that locusts with 'crowns' on them can symbolize an unstoppable plague; and  since they are not "unclean" insects they can depict an unstoppable group of  Jehovahs servants.

Locusts can also be referred to in their natural capacity and refer to devastation. 

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

Satan is depicted as a roaring lion  On the other hand the lion is a symbol of righteousness and the lion of Judah depicts righteous rulership.

Similarly the locust. Its destructive, penetrating traits can be used in two ways.

Do not forget that locusts with 'crowns' on them can symbolize an unstoppable plague; and  since they are not "unclean" insects they can depict an unstoppable group of  Jehovahs servants.

Locusts can also be referred to in their natural capacity and refer to devastation. 

Bible symbolism and human interpretations are source of endless possibilities.

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yes, your blind leaders gave that illustration of lions.   Remember, it is the same leadership who for years believed God’s anointed were Joel’s locusts, but you still put your trust in them.    You may want to search the scriptures to find for yourself just one instance where locusts, and especially a swarm of locust, have even one redeeming quality. 

Both the locusts in Joel and Revelation give emphasis on their ability to eat and destroy with their teeth.    

Joel 2:6 - A nation has invaded My land,
    a mighty army without number;
it has the teeth of a lion,
    the fangs of a lioness.

Rev 9:7-11 - The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

“ Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devourResist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.”  1 Pet 5:8,9

“devour” - to drink down, i.e. gulp entire (literally or figuratively):—devour, drown, swallow (up).

Who does Satan come against in Revelation?  Jesus’ “kings” under the New Covenant promise/”woman”, who are not sealed.  (Rev 1:5)

See: Gal 4:24,26; Rev 9:4; 12:15; 16:13-17

Jesus, as the Lion of Judah does not destroy people, but only death. 1 Cor 15:26  He does not use deception, as if to capture a prey. Col 2:8; Rev 13:10

Rev 5:5 - "Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

“overcome” – “conquer, overcome, prevail, get the victory.”

The victory over death by the sacrifice of his life. 

You leader’s comment regarding the mention of both Jesus and Satan described as lions to validate his argument that there can be a good locust army, and a wicked locust army, is futile.    A locust swarm has only one characteristic, which is to eat and decimate land, and as the scriptures symbolically point out, it includes people, who refuse to repent from the works of their hands, as is the case in Joel. 

“Let the priests, who minister to the Lord,
Weep between the porch and the altar;
Let them say, “Spare Your people, O Lord,
And do not give Your heritage to reproach,
That the nations should rule over them.
Why should they say among the peoples,
‘Where is their God?’ ”  Joel 2:17

The locust “army” that rules over the nation of “Israel” today, and that wears “crowns” (Rev 9:7) is the nation of “Gentile” elders, who rule over the anointed ones/”Israel” – blaspheming the sanctuary of God by putting His anointed “in their place”, using lies about them to do so.  Rev 13:5-8   The organization/idol is far more important to all JWs, than God’s Temple/House of “living stones” in the anointed priesthood.  1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22

“So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” Rev 13:4

But, Arauna, we’ve been down this road before, haven’t we.  And even though you have seen that your leaders preach a “truth” that never was a truth, you continue to support them, and the rotten fruit they teach. Matt 7:15-20  Their failed teachings never brought one iota of quality spiritual "life" to the poor JW who swallowed them down.  

• 1 year later...

@Patiently waiting for Truth said in a recent closed topic about the identity of the locust in Joel   - "The Watchtower / JW Org / GB, here admitted that what they had been teaching was FALSE."

Yes! For years!  Noting this error has astounded people of other religions in the world.  But, JWs believe they have the "truth", that they live and teach the "truth" ...that their preaching work is "truth"...and that the GB are guiding this organization...in truth. 

Is this truth based on just a few core teachings?  Apparently so. 

As Jesus said about the Pharisees,   "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!" Matt 23:24

GB Gerrit Loesch:  “Today the faithful slave was put in charge of providing spiritual food for God’s people who number into the millions.  The slave also shows complete trust in Jehovah that he will guide them with his holy spirit.  What makes it possible for the faithful and discreet slave to provide precious spiritual food?

“I will give you insight and instruct you in the way you should go"  says Jehovah.  Ps 32:8 

Today Jehovah provides direction to the slave through Jesus.  Jesus in turns provides direction for his people through the faithful and discreet slave.  We can have therefore, full confidence in the scriptural insight, understanding and guidance.

Since 1919 of our common era the slave has been put in charge of some belongings of Christ.  According to Matt 24:47, when the anointed are taken to heaven, Jesus will at that point entrust all his belongings to them.  Does this not reveal immense trust?

So whom do you trust?  You fully trust in Jehovah, Jesus and the faithful slave.” 2015

For many years, we have applied that prophecy symbolically to the way in which Jehovah’s people, like an unstoppable swarm of locusts, engage in their preaching activity. We understood that this activity has devastating effects on the “land,” or the people who are under the control of the religious leaders.

However, when we consider the prophecy in its context, we see that a different understanding is appropriate.”  April 2020 study edition

How long will JWs continue to "fully trust" men who presumptuously and arrogantly call themselves "faithful and discreet" before Jesus makes that judgment upon his return?  (Matt 25:21)

Other translations for "discreet" use, "wise, trusted, sensible", none of which can apply to the GB.

It would have been a wise and sensible move to have read the entire book of Joel "in its context" before assuming that this army was God's holy people.  

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.    (2 Cor 10:17,18)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.