The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses: Members Must Reject COVID-19 Plasma Treatment… Or Else

Patiently waiting for Truth

Copied as found. Don't know how true this is. 

APRIL 10, 2020

On Wednesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a statement regarding an experimental treatment for COVID-19. It involved “convalescent plasma” collected from people who have recovered from the disease. The FDA said that, while the treatment had not been approved (since experimental data was virtually non-existent), there were a few places where scientists or doctors could use it, including in patients with “serious or immediately life-threatening COVID-19 infections.” The thinking is that there are antibodies present in the plasma of recovered patients that could help current patients fight the virus.

Okay. Fine.

The problem is that the Jehovah’s Witnesses are reacting to this statement by saying it would violate the religion’s rules to accept this treatment.

JWs have famously refused blood transfusions since 1945 even when they’re needed to save their own lives.

The religion’s leaders are now saying plasma is included in that ban. The watchdog site JWsurvey obtained a “leaked memo from a Jehovah’s Witness Circuit Overseer” sent to local leaders:

The new directive from a Jehovah’s Witness representatives says:

“The Blood Issue: There’s talk about the FDA allowing doctors to treat critically ill COVID-19 patients with “convalescent plasma therapy”. It would be wise to advise the publishers that, it’s understood that this is giving the patient the whole plasma of the person who has developed the antibodies which would be unacceptable for a Jehovah’s Witness.”

“However if the antibodies were extracted from the plasma (fractions/immunoglobulins) and then given to the patient, it would be a conscience matter for a Jehovah’s Witness. Some doctors may view plasma as a fraction. Therefore the publisher may need to explain their personal decision not to accept any of the blood’s 4 main components, one of them being plasma.

Do you think ALMIGHTY GOD really means this ? 

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are a sick lady to say such a thing.  I'd better stop at that. 

I quote 4jah2me "it seems crazy to let yourself die" ...... well ..... jesus allowed himself to die in loyalty to his father......  4jah2me obviously sees something seriously SICK in that!......... or

How does this make any sense to average jws?  ............................ Try not to underestimate the Average JWs....many have and are working things out...but they are also working out so

Posted Images

6 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Don’t believe everything that is written. A doctor knows the deference between the word plasma with that of an antibody serum, just because a product has a clinical name like plasma on it.

Therefore, no knew light to be seen by a none doctor. 😀😀😀

Are you saying the leaked memo is fake ? 

You do understand that the need for leaked information is because the GB / Leaders of JW Org are too secretive. If an Earthwide CCJW statement was given concerning such serious things the leaked memos would not be necessary. I'm sure all JWs Earthwide would like to know immediately the direction from their Leaders. It does concern their lives and the lives of their loved ones after all.

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Are you saying the leaked memo is fake ? 

You do understand that the need for leaked information is because the GB / Leaders of JW Org are too secretive. If an Earthwide CCJW statement was given concerning such serious things the leaked memos would not be necessary. I'm sure all JWs Earthwide would like to know immediately the direction from their Leaders. It does concern their lives and the lives of their loved ones after all.

I think you've answered your own question. It's not logical that this would be secret IF JW.org would like us to follow that direction. It may not be official yet. But, in saying that, JWs know that we do not accept plasma, so nothing new there, however what might have to be clarified is whether this serum is a fraction of the plasma, in which case that would be a conscience matter....

2 hours ago, Anna said:

I think you've answered your own question. It's not logical that this would be secret IF JW.org would like us to follow that direction. It may not be official yet. But, in saying that, JWs know that we do not accept plasma, so nothing new there, however what might have to be clarified is whether this serum is a fraction of the plasma, in which case that would be a conscience matter....

However the GB / leaders of CCJW may not want it in the public eye. 

I know this life is not the 'most' important, but it seems crazy to let yourself die especially when compared to Matthew 12 v 9 through 12, when a Jew would break the Mosaic Law to save an animal. 

Yeshua / Jesus made it very clear in that scripture 'how much more valuable is a man / person than a sheep / animal'. 

Each to their own Bible trained conscience, unless you are a JW, then it's do as you are told by your Leaders.

I think there are other therapies that give the same results. So ask your doctor to prescribe hydroxychloroquine and zink.

There are a few doctors on line and one on Dr Oz who have treated up to 2500 patients with success. One only had 3 deaths. It is very effective. 

There is resistance by pharma against this medication but the medicine is very safe.  It is used by patients with RA and Lupus over long term. Over long term it affects the eyes but short term is reasonably safe.

The higher dose on the first day can give irregular heart beat but doctors give extra potassium to help with this.

This medication has been used for more than 80 years and companies cannot make any more money on the patent.  This is why this protocol is rejected by pharma because it costs so little...... so they come out with dangerous vaccinations and plasmas........ much more money to be made from that.

I cannot confirm but I heard Bill Gates is building several factories for vaccinations....... but here is an interesting video which exposes his shocking machinations in India and and Africa.  He also believes there are too many people on earth (his father is a eugenicist).

18 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Yea, I guess Jesus was also crazy (according to 4jah2me) to let himself die. Loyalty to God and his principles had nothing to do with it..... 

You are a sick lady to say such a thing. 

I'd better stop at that. 

33 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Yea, I guess Jesus was also crazy (according to 4jah2me) to let himself die. Loyalty to God and his principles had nothing to do with it..... 

Are you seriously equating Jesus death (for all of the sins of mankind) to a person who chooses to deny life saving practices based on what the gb have interpreted? 

please explain this in more detail. 

38 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

you seriously equating Jesus death (for all of the

I quote 4jah2me "it seems crazy to let yourself die" ...... well ..... jesus allowed himself to die in loyalty to his father......  4jah2me obviously sees something seriously SICK in that!......... or maybe did not fully understand what I was referring to.

There is a problem: he cannot see that a person should not value his life more than his obedience to God!!! 

Matt 16 :25

"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.  "

7 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I quote 4jah2me "it seems crazy to let yourself die" ...... well ..... jesus allowed himself to die in loyalty to his father...... 

ok, but that is totally different then what 4jah2me was saying. Wasn't 4jah2me pointing out in Matt 12 that Jesus said we would save our sheep on the Sabbath, and then comparing that to how much more valuable a person is than a sheep? So just because it was the sabbath, we should still preserve ourselves the best we can? This hardly would apply to self killing because the gb said so. 

12 minutes ago, Arauna said:

There is a problem: he cannot see that a person should not value his life more than his obedience to God!!! 

This is precisely what 4jah2me was saying. Stating that is ridiculous to die for what the gb has stated. the gb have positioned themselves AS God to jws, what they say goes.....and it matters not what the Bible says if it is in contrast to what the gb says. this was the point 4jah2me was making. 

to compare Jesus' death to a person who chooses NOT to accept life saving techniques is absurd. Jesus could have easily healed His wounds, or made it possible to not die. He did die, to BE the sacrifice we all needed and to do it once and for all. A senseless death because of the burden the gb puts on people is in no way showing loyalty to God, instead it is showing loyalty to the gb.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.