The World News Media

I have barely seen a more stupid chart in my life

TrueTomHarley

I spoke to and older black gentleman—he’d invited me into his house, where he had several Bibles and study materials revealing the student that he plainly was. It is dicey to point out that he was black because long ago I did that with another person, and Witness, from her pseudo-heavenly throne, launched a lecture my way about racism. I say it now (and then) to call attention to a basic humility and common sense which it seems to me whites are much quicker to shed. Okay, Witness?—it’s not a put-down.

Anyhow, with this fellow—who really did know his Bible—a certain passage of Corinthians came up, and I made to read it. “No, no, don’t you read it,” he cried, in mock-panic, “you’ll screw it up!” He chuckled even as he said it, and so did I. He wasn’t wound up too tight—I found myself liking the guy.

That’s how I feel about 4Jah, who posts one of my favorite groups of all time. I love The Who. But if he posts it, you just know that he will screw it up.

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this wasn't directed directly at me, but I am just as likely to ridicule the chart as several others around here. The reason is reason: (Philippians 4:5) 5 Let your reasonableness become k

People should be defended wherever possible. The motives can be quite pure and still mistakes are made. In fact, I would say that there are specific good motives that make certain kinds of mistakes ev

You know, I can get my head around this. I really can. I’ll still refer to you from time to time as ‘the brother with the rotten attitude’ because who knows how many brothers you have stumbled in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

That inherent contradiction of yours says a lot

No contradiction if you accept that the generation is about the SIGNS that started after the crowning of Jesus. .... but I guess you have not thought about it and hence will not get your head around it.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

is because they accept 1914. In other words, this stretching of

The civil war definitely still affected people as late as 19 sixties..... just as WW2 signs are still affecting me........ There are some people still alive which were born during WW1........so the staggered approach is not as luny as you pretend it to be with sarcasm.

You do not believe in any of the signs and the generation -  be honest...... so why would you think further?  I suggest you can start quoting all JWs  history  to prove how incompetent they are........ then you will fulfill your  Christian duty to bring the absolute truth to the friends here who love your quotes which is supposed to prove a superior insight.  Because after all you have so much inside knowledge!  

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

I'm glad 1914 and the generation do not really matter, because this is becoming a farce. 

Outside of JWs, there are groups that adhere to the 1914 teaching of Jesus being King. I had posted a list before of existing and extinct groups that held that view. Everyone knew about what was studied regarding Giza, however, there is more that us of mankind do not know, so it is best to tread the path than stress out over when it will happen. Likewise with Issac Newton.

Only God knows, for we all are imperfect.

That being said, we all know, practically everyone here knows and can agree God has made Jesus King.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

The civil war definitely still affected people as late as 19 sixties..... just as WW2 signs are still affecting me........ There are some people still alive which were born during WW1........so the staggered approach is not as luny as you pretend it to be with sarcasm.

You do not believe in any of the signs and the generation -  be honest...... so why would you think further?  I suggest you can start quoting all JWs  history  to prove how incompetent they are........ then you will fulfill your  Christian duty to bring the absolute truth to the friends here who love your quotes which is supposed to prove a superior insight.  Because after all you have so much inside knowledge!  

Well a second Civil War is spoke of as a possibility granted the situation coupled with an uptick in religious tension, people pretending they are better than the Christ and his God in order to carter to those in conquest for peace and security.

I'd like to add that has you or anyone else been paying attention to Babylon the Great's movements? 

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

then you will fulfill your  Christian duty to bring the absolute truth to the friends here who love your quotes which is supposed to prove a superior insight.  Because after all you have so much inside knowledge!  

Organization is similar to individual, person. Both of them have past. With good and bad moments or periods. It can cause sort of shame and unpleasant feelings if someone tell this about us. But that is part of history, that we like or not like to hear again.

If WTJWorg fights strong against people who supposedly braking "intellectual property and copy laws" by using PRESENT and OLD publications for revealing doctrines and interpretations made by Organization, let it be. 

But, you make mistake when criticize people who doing "Christian duty", and that is, among other things, - to speak what they know and believe is truth.

I love your (and other people) quotes too, but not to level of giving like or upvote. I love them because it helps me to make comparison, testing and to recognize intellectual/spiritual positions, your's or mine.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

so the staggered approach is not as luny as you pretend it to be with sarcasm.

That's not at all true. I have defended the staggered approach for years, even while JTR for example was saying that there was only one definition of a generation: something like an average lifespan of people who heard Jesus in 33 CE. There is no sarcasm at all in my acceptance of the staggered generation approach. I repeated my agreement with it, not out of sarcasm, but because you gave the impression that I hadn't thought about it.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You do not believe in any of the signs and the generation -  be honest...... so why would you think further?

In truth, I believe that all of these signs that started when Jesus was enthroned as King of Kings, and when he was given all authority in heaven and on earth, when he was given a title above all kings and princes and authorities in heaven and on earth, and when he sat at God's right hand, the right hand of the throne of Majesty. I believe that Paul would not have stated that "sitting at God's right hand was the same as "ruling as king" unless it was really true.

• (1 Corinthians 15:25) . . .For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.
  • (Psalm 110:1) . . .Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
  • (1 Timothy 6:15) . . .He is the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,
  • (Revelation 1:5) . . .and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.”. . .

So, of course the scriptures simply do not allow me to believe that Jesus became King only in 1914. For me, that would be dishonest. Yet, I ALSO believe that these signs of wars and earthquakes and pestilence and famine are actually signs that Jesus has actually been ruling in the midst of his enemies, and that those enemies include Death, which has not yet been fully put under his feet. Therefore he is still sitting at God's right hand, ruling as king, conquering in the midst of his enemies, right up until the last enemy Death is also conquered and thrown into the lake of fire, destroyed forever.

• (1 Corinthians 15:26) 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.
  • (Revelation 20:14) . . .And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire.

As Jesus rides throughout all of Christian history, he has been riding alongside the other horses representing Death from wars, famine, pestilence, etc. But Christians continue to find strength in his conquering ride through all of history, even though he has been ruling, riding and conquering in the midst of his enemies. We know that it means that we too can become conquerors.

• (1 John 5:4, 5) . . .everyone who has been born from God conquers the world. And this is the conquest that has conquered the world, our faith. 5 Who can conquer the world? Is it not the one who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God?

Now that these "signs" are getting even worse, we can know that our deliverance is much closer than when we first became believers. This is true whether we live to see the Judgment or if we die before that time. I think that as things get worse, historically, we can be sure that Jehovah will step in before it is too late:

• (Matthew 24:22) . . .In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
  • (Luke 18:8) . . .Nevertheless, when the Son of man arrives, will he really find this faith on the earth?”
  • (Luke 21:25, 26) . . .and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

We are already at a time when there are more persons living in fearful expectation of what might be coming upon the earth. This doesn't mean to me that these are definite signs that can put a range of dates on our generation, but it highlights the importance of putting faith in God's government.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

I had posted a list before of existing and extinct groups that held that view. Everyone knew about what was studied regarding Giza

I don't think I saw that. But I would expect that Russellites of many stripes would carry his beliefs with them mostly unchallenged. Can you point me to that list?

Quote @TrueTomHarley  That’s how I feel about 4Jah, who posts one of my favorite groups of all time. I love The Who. But if he posts it, you just know that he will screw it up.

That is simply because, though pretending that you are a 'true' Christian, you have developed a deep dislike for me almost to the point of hatred. How many times should one forgive ? But I'm not a brother JW so I presume you think it is ok to feel this way against me. 

23 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I don't think I saw that. But I would expect that Russellites of many stripes would carry his beliefs with them mostly unchallenged. Can you point me to that list?

I posted this a long time ago, I'd have to go treasure hunting; will post here when I do find it. One I can recall is DBSA (Dawn Bible Students Association), who Reslight, who is a Bible student with stated to have studied Russell for 6 decades now has mentioned this group several times. They have a similar belief of Satan being cast our and Jesus' Kingship. But the study of the Pyramidololgy was quite popular among Christians, especially those dwelling in Numerology.