The World News Media

My latest letter to WT demanding correction from their side

Kosonen

TTH: You are naive ... or perhaps just less scarred than I am ...but you are not delusional.

I read everything you write here, and have for years, and I remember ideas and principles like a steel trap.

(Where I put my shoes ... not so much ....)

On this forum, in the last 5 years, you did not say that which was attributed to you.

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jan Kosonen, @Kosonen In several places online, you have seen fit to provide your name, your email address, and much of your personal history. But you have also provided an "audit trail" of faile

I had a good friend once tell me, and I realized it might be true, "You are not crazy enough to be put away ... but if you ever got in, they might not let you go!".

Hmm. I fell right into that one. But, of course, I agree that it very easily happens to anyone who tries to go into the "times and seasons" arena, where even angels fear to tread. If persons take them

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

for granted that your authority and wisdom is recognized

True. By what authority does Kosonen think he can warn that the Corona is punishment from God on JWs?  It is absolutely absurd. 

There are no good or logical points to consider......apologies to Mr Rook. Sorry lads,  I think we will see more and more of this as the love of many will cool down (one of the signs of the last of the last days). 

There is still time to repent. 

"Pointless..." "absurd...bad...pretentious..." "loopy and self-important..." "like opening a door with two broken hinges..." "What if a frog had wings and could fly...some strong personal opinions with no basis in fact." 

On 5/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, 4Jah2me said:

And Tom says I'm a crackpot. When i read that letter I thought it was a joke. 

Apparently 4Jah2me is not alone in that observation. Frankly I thought the same myself. 

Even when there are some points that might merit consideration, I can't imagine how many of these crank letters are sent to the society expecting to be taken seriously. 

A negative agenda is often accompanied by a myopic view. A view coloured by biased lenses - seeing only from the perspective that fits their agenda. It's not uncommon. That is why people who have a falling out may dismiss a whole decades-long friendship/marriage on one fault - while not considering all the good or the broader picture.  While it is true that Jehovah has disciplined his people in the past and may yet find reason to do so (or at least see to corrections that may need to be made today), the problems JWs experience as an organization are far better explained in terms of what the Bible clearly sets out and tells true Christians to expect. In fact, while reading just a few of the many verses in the Bible, the question could also be asked: Who of our opposers are themselves experiencing the persecution and hatred from the world true Christians are to expect? Again, rather than "discipline from Jehovah," these things are expected/prophesied to happen to true Christians living within the boundaries of Satan's system. 

1 John 5:19: "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

Rev. 12:12, 13: "...Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time. Now when the dragon saw that it had been hurled down to the earth, it persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child."

John 15:20: "Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you."

2 Tim. 3:12: "In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. (13) But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled. (14) You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them..."

Matt. 5:11: "Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against your for myself sake..."

Luke 21:12: "But before all these things happen, people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name. (13) It will result in your giving a witness." 

Matt. 24:9: "Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of my name. (10) Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. (11) Many false prophets will arise and mislead many..."

We all know why JW's are banned and persecuted in Russia and elsewhere. (Hint: it's not because they disagree with you and your personal interpretation). In fact, we know that the Russian "case" was built on outright lies and political corruption with a religious influence. Similar could be said with other persecution you prefer to see as discipline. So here's a suggestion: Why don't all you opposers fight it out between yourselves first, and then present one winner - one Goliath - instead of all the moving targets you usually present. We shouldn't have to fight all your battles and do your thinking for you. That way we don't have to "hopscotch" from one personal/conflicting opinion to another like some crazed "jack-in-the-box." Sure, you may be united in your opposition to JW's, but at least get your stories straight. You guys don't even agree amongst yourselves. 

Jan Kosonen, @Kosonen

In several places online, you have seen fit to provide your name, your email address, and much of your personal history. But you have also provided an "audit trail" of failed time-based interpretations and predictions. I began to point this out before and you do not appear back away from this history. Instead you continue to present yourself as an anointed person who actually wants to be seen as a modern day prophet.

I began to write a paraphrase of your letter as I think it will have been understood by any responsible person who reads it at the headquarters of the CCJW/WTS. But that started looking like an exercise in parody. And I didn't want you to think I was just trying to make fun of you. I do think you will be seen as one of hundreds of mentally disturbed and imbalanced persons who has associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. I know another person very well who left Bethel in good mental health, but within a few years began to suffer greatly, and began to consider a lot of conspiracies and speculations about various "end-times" scenarios. I see several similarities. I don't wish to spell out these many similarities, but I do feel badly that he doesn't attempt to get the mental health care that he desperately needs. I am not sure if you have sought mental health professionals yourself. I hope that you have.

In addition, I hope you have also prayed for the kind of spiritual guidance that can help us maintain mental balance. I know that you consider yourself one of the anointed, and are therefore very familiar with the following verses:

(Romans 8:26, 27) 26 In like manner, the spirit also joins in with help for our weakness; for the problem is that we do not know what we should pray for as we need to, but the spirit itself pleads for us with unuttered groanings. 27 But the one who searches the hearts knows what the meaning of the spirit is, because it is pleading in harmony with God for the holy ones.

(1 Corinthians 10:12, 13) . . .Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall. 13 No temptation has taken YOU except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it.

You show a lot of bravery and boldness in sending your letters as you have. But you also display a lot of haughtiness in a way that makes me think you are likely not always aware of how you come across to other people. This is a common theme among certain kinds of mental health issues. In cases like this, the sound of the haughtiness might sound to you like the necessary boldness to speak as an anointed prophet might. But if one truly has the "spirit" they would understand the need to pray for the ability to put themselves in the place of the other person, the ones you wish to speak to.

(Philippians 2:1-4) . . .If, then, there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any spiritual fellowship, if any tender affection and compassion, 2 make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind. 3 Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you, 4 as you look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others.

(1 Corinthians 10:23, 24) . . .All things are lawful; but not all things are advantageous. All things are lawful; but not all things build up. 24 Let each one keep seeking, not his own [advantage], but that of the other person.

I would hope you are brave and bold enough to allow persons you trust to speak openly to you about this possible health problem. Have you honestly asked anyone if they believe you might have mental health issues? Sometimes, what we won't see for ourselves is clear to others. Paul spoke to Timothy about men whose folly was very plain to all.

(2 Timothy 3:9, 10) . . .Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my patience, my love, my endurance,

So, I'll ask you more directly: Do you think that you might have mental health issues?

I hope that you have persons you trust to ask this question about yourself.  If any of us ask enough people around us, I don't think any of us would get a perfect score on this account. But if there is any question at all in the minds of others then it's a very important point to consider, and look into more closely. And I can tell you right now that this question about you is already in the minds of several of us here.

(Philippians 4:5-7) 5 Let your reasonableness become known to all men. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

I'll be happy to engage the specifics of the points you made, but I do hope you will respond to these points, too.

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

So, I'll ask you more directly: Do you think that you might have mental health issues?

My old  Bethel friend told me long ago that about 10% of the letters received would appear to be from persons who are mentally ill.

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

but I do feel badly that he doesn't attempt to get the mental health care that he desperately needs. I am not sure if you have sought mental health

Homeopaths have much to offer in areas of mental health.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

My old Bethel friend told me long ago that about 10% of the letters received would appear to be from persons who are mentally ill.

I used to spend a lot of time in the office of a brother in Writing (F.R.), the same brother who gave the primary part of my wedding talk. He once gave me a copy of a 10-page letter than came from a person who saw himself as the prophet Ezekiel. Because he had responded to this person before, he said further contact from this same person was sent from Correspondence up to his office. Years later, after Bethel, I heard about a person online, where the name might have been something like "watchman" or "e-watchman" who also seemed to step into this "Ezekiel" role. (For a while I thought it F.R.'s correspondent was same person as "watchman," but I'm pretty sure the timing isn't right.) But it reminds me that there is sometimes an informal tracking for such letters, and Kosonen has elsewhere said he has been sending similar letters for the last 12 or 13 years. Such letters are not taken seriously. And when they are associated with "anointed" persons, they might even be taken less seriously. Kosonen pointed out that Bro Herd gave a talk where he mentioned that it's often the "new" anointed persons who are troublemakers in the congregations.

The issue of mental health, unfortunately, is still touchy. It's not like noticing someone has a limp and asking whether they ever got it checked out. He has referred to his "moody body" in the past and another reference that makes me think that broaching the topic is warranted. I'll probably regret it later, though, because no attempt to diagnose someone should be attempted by non-professionals (me) or from things written online. But Kosonen has left about 12 years worth of material in his audit trail, from an old website (spiritualanswers) to paradisecafe to jehovahs-witness to here, along with a set of youtube videos and links he has liked. He has promoted videos and content from Alex Jones, and others of similar ilk. One could easily get lost in the web of end-time prophecy links (sites/videos/forums) that Kosonen has associated himself with.

But when I look closely at his points, there are a few of them that several people here would quickly agree with, including Witnesses, non-Witnesses, and ex-Witnesses. But many of his points have gone off into complete fantasy, too, imo. Mixing those issues together will lose any audience even where good points are made. I think the letter reveals a lot more about himself than he realizes he is revealing. And what we say on the www, will stay on the www.

27 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I'll probably regret it later, though, because no attempt to diagnose someone should be attempted by non-professionals (me) or from things written online. 

Maybe that is why I have passed over the mental health angle a time or two to simply say, “Am I on Candid Camera?”  But it is an old show. Youngsters will have no idea what I am talking about.

31 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

And what we say on the www, will stay on the www.

Right. Mum’s the word.

@b4ucuhear  The reason I thought the letter was a joke or joke like was because it included so many points. 

Some of the points were valid of course but I would think three points would be plenty if he wanted them to take it seriously. 

However, you seem to have joined forces with others on here that think that all people that mention the bad points of CCJW should join together as one. You also seem to have dropped yourself into the trap of calling many people opposers, though whom you refer to in that way i don't know, but you do seem to group them together. Quote :- 

Why don't all you opposers fight it out between yourselves first, and then present one winner - one Goliath - instead of all the moving targets you usually present. We shouldn't have to fight all your battles and do your thinking for you. That way we don't have to "hopscotch" from one personal/conflicting opinion to another like some crazed "jack-in-the-box." Sure, you may be united in your opposition to JW's, but at least get your stories straight. You guys don't even agree amongst yourselves. 

So some questions to you and others. Who do you class as opposers ? Why do you think those 'opposers' should be united as one ? Exactly who are they opposed to ? Do you really think they are all opposed for the same reason ? 

Might even make a good new topic.

@JW Insider  you first paragraph seems to fit the GB very well and I quote :-

you have also provided an "audit trail" of failed time-based interpretations and predictions. you continue to present yourself as an anointed person who actually wants to be seen as a modern day prophet. 

And Para 2 :  I do think you will be seen as one of hundreds of mentally disturbed and imbalanced persons who has associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. 

Now that fits the GB perfectly. I remember a certain person saying how 'dangerous and perverted' the GB appear to be. 

In truth though I think it is sad that you've brought this idea of being mentally unstable into the equation. I know this is a ploy of the GB to say that some people are mentally disturbed, but I think it is wrong to put such a label directly on someone.  

Another quote from another JW on here : My old  Bethel friend told me long ago that about 10% of the letters received would appear to be from persons who are mentally ill.

A clever way of easily discarding letters that may have probably spoken truth. Just say the letter was from a mentally ill person, then bin it. 

The excuses from the CCJW Co increase. All people that do not worship the Governing Body and do not obey without question, must be either, Apostate, Opposer or / and Mentally ill. 

But what must be remembered is that we are all imperfect, so none of us are mentally well balanced. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.