The World News Media

....and like Forest Gump said "... and that's all I am going to say about that."

James Thomas Rook Jr.

@TrueTomHarley Likewise, in the debating community of which I am from, everyone (and their mother) will know if you left and or return, and whatever you say and or have done, is always in memory, be it something positive, negative, silly, thought provoking, etc. Granted said community, even me, we are as such and for good reason we remember these things, even mistakes that we've made, but a mistake doesn't result in a person to remain on the ground. For me case, an absurdly flabbergasted based response, I usually make a comment to, often times if I am too quick and or forgetful, I to can make a mistake.

That being said, all the things Rook said, I do not forget, I still recall the comments we made about "Unicorns" in the Bible and The Second Amendment.

• Views 4.6k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope he doesn't change. I've enjoyed his brutal truth throughout the years.  Courage is not something that needs changing. I hope you are ok @James Thomas Rook Jr.  

In good times, and bad times, in times easy and times hard, I have relied on the JW-Archive as a sounding board for many things, and appreciate the forbearance when I have ranted and raved about all s

It seems like he saw a storm coming.

Posted Images

@TrueTomHarley  Should you be telling us about his personal life, or had he made it all public previously ? 

And should you be judging him and casting him in with us 'wicked ones' ?

As for judging us others (that you mentioned), maybe you have decided to dislike us for other reasons. For my part i think you misunderstand me / dislike me, because I'm not American.

I don't understand this part of JTR's comment :-

With whatever time I have left, it is going to be my life's challenge, so I bid each of you so long, and hope you stay closer to Jehovah than I did. 

But I think it was meant for those of you that knew him much better. 

The leaders of the Organisation are the cause of people not talking to each other. But sensible people bypass the Org and it's leaders and communicate anyway. 

30 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Should you be telling us about his personal life, or had he made it all public previously ? 

He made it all public previously.

And should you be judging him and casting him in with us 'wicked ones' ?

These are your words, not mine. I am not casting him anywhere. I am very glad to see he re-evaluating some choices he has made so that Nobody Else does.

I don't understand this part of JTR's comment :-With whatever time I have left, it is going to be my life's challenge, so I bid each of you so long, and hope you stay closer to Jehovah than I did. 

I do. He doesn’t buy into your claptrap that you can remain close to Jehovah while being at serious odds with his earthly organization. Thinking hit the nail on the head—he is REAL. If you are bringing your gift to the altar and you recall that your brother has something against you due to the outrageous things you have said, first make peace with your brother, and then offer up your gift. I imagine that this is what he is doing now.

9 hours ago, Thinking said:

a huge thank you from me....for being REAL !!!!!!

@TrueTomHarley   He lost all his kids—none will speak with him. And for what? So as to spread every opposition taunt and insult about the earthly organization that Witness and 4Jah and Srecko and Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Matthew4 5784 are perfectly content and capable to spread?  That is worth losing your family for?

You are a writer, and like many writers you write in riddles. But the gist of the above is that James spread every opposition taunt and insult about the earthly organization that Witness and 4Jah and Srecko and Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Matthew4 5784 are perfectly content and capable to spread? 

James spoke truth. He didn't shy away from it. And if his children turned away from him for his speaking truth, then his children are at fault, not James. 

And if you are still so spiritually immature that you need to be 'bottle fed' by your GB, and if you are brainwashed into believing that the CCJW have God's approval, then you seriously have a problem for yourself. 

Its a good job the disciples didn't feel that they still needed to be bottle fed by the Scribes and the Pharisees after Jesus was no longer on Earth. After Jesus had been resurrected to heaven the disciples had no leader on earth. They relied on being guided from above, by Holy Spirit. 

3 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

After Jesus had been resurrected to heaven the disciples had no leader on earth. They relied on being guided from above, by Holy Spirit. 

Actually, the head of the Church is still the Christ, therefore, Christ is still the leader of the Church despite not being on earth. The Bible tells us that he provided the keys to his followers and gave instruction on how to handle things, in turn, the church congregation of Christians were built up, as to be seen with the majority of 1st Century Christians after being given the gift to do the work, but the latter statement is indeed true.

Jesus was never gone for good, he is at the right hand of The Most High, Elohim, Yahweh. Although he has been made superior, as we read in Hebrews, that does not necessarily mean he is down for the count, especially the fact his command and instruction is to be done before God gives him the "OK" to make his return to gather his people.

The commission of the gospel is to be done without fail, and so thereafter, we know what is to come.

Yes @Space Merchant I do realise that Jesus has all authority and power given to him and that he leads God's people by the use of Holy Spirit.  

The point i was making was that a person does not need to be guided by the CCJW or Watchtower or their GB.  I think in part you would agree with this ? You yourself are not a JW but you feel you have a close relationship with God through Christ. 

Mr Harley seems to feel that a person has to be a JW and work inline with that organisation to be able to serve God. 

@TrueTomHarley  I've noticed that you have changed your comment. :) 

8 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Offhand, I think you guys are nuts (not you specifically, Thinking) He lost all his kids—none will speak with him. And for what? So as to spread every opposition taunt and insult about the earthly organization that Witness and 4Jah and Srecko and Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Matthew4 5784 are perfectly content and capable to spread? That is worth losing your family for?

I don't know where to begin. :)   Firstly, he mentioned "reinstatement" here:  

When this actually happen, we don't really know.  He said above, "I have come to the conclusion that logic and reason is not the end-all that I had aspired to, and that all things being considered, it would have been better for me to be "Brother Watchtower", than the man I have become."  

Perhaps since this reinstatement, he cannot fully accept the organization that you believe he should accept,  because he sees hypocrisy.  Anyone who can perceives this, has a conscience.  

One JW here that I am certain you well respect, stated once that Christ transcends the organization.  If Christ does, so does God; which means that "Jehovah's organization" is not salvation.  You fit the term "Brother Watchtower" to the tee, since you cannot see this.  As much as I care for you also, I see your blindness toward scriptural truth.  

Secondly, I am finding that many JWs have this agenda to personally ridicule anyone who rejects "organization" and brings out solid facts as to why.  They are not rejecting God or Jesus.  Your response in this regard is to ridicule the person and not the information they may provided. You can call me anything that comes to your mind, Tom. (and you have)  But, it really doesn't give you any ammunition of worth, unless you bring scriptural facts of the contrary, to the fore.  

One more thing, since I have your attention:

Don’t assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to turn

a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36 and a man’s enemies will be
the members of his household.

37 The one who loves a father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; the one who loves a son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever doesn’t take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Anyone who finds his life will lose it, and anyone who loses his life because of me will find it.  Matt 10:34-39

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well, he certainly was that.

Offhand, I think you guys are nuts (not you specifically, Thinking) He lost all his kids—none will speak with him. And for what? So as to spread every opposition taunt and insult about the earthly organization that Witness and 4Jah and Srecko and Shiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and Matthew4 5784 are perfectly content and capable to spread? That is worth losing your family for?

I, for one, am delighted if he is recalibrating, because by doing so he may reasonably hope to reconcile himself to his family again, not to mention the greater brotherhood. Fear not, there is no danger of his becoming “Brother Watchtower,” as he put it. And, to be sure, I would prefer it if he continued with a modified parousia here rather than vanishing completely, for I will miss the guy. But sometimes in changing course one must make a complete break. I say that I am going to cease interacting with any of the villains, but then I come across that GIF of Kirk and the Gorn and it is curtains for me. Sometimes you just have to turn things off.

I both like and admire when someone is willing to call a spade a spade. But calling a heart, a diamond, and a club a spade as well is too much. Is he readjusting his life to become not so breathtakingly disrespectful of those struggling with their own imperfections to take the lead in the Christian work? Good. It is not such a horrible thing to allow oneself to be molded by discipline, particularly when it comes of his own accord, which it obviously did. 

ObiWan seemed to have disappeared. So did Gandalf. But they both came back much improved for their disappearance. Maybe the same here someday.

I feel nothing but sadness over this...I actually feel sick....I don’t know his past as most of you all do here..but I could see that obviously he had been hurt and badly disappointed in things he had witnessed and experienced or heard..that goes on InThe Org.

I hope sincerely  he does not become brother watchtower ....Because we don’t follow watchtower...no matter what others say....or try to infer on many of us here.
I believe he had a genuine heart.

I also hope he has left to do as you think he has ...and he isn’t dying !!!.
I would also like to point out what  Bro. David Splane  from the GB said at our Melbourne assembly
I can only paraphrase it from memory.

(There  are brothers and sisters who have been hurt with in the org....and we may have to allow them and put up with ...WILD TALK....from them...it’s part of their healing..).

He was mocked a lot and some down right cruel comments thrown his way ....I actually was surprised at how well he took it......I hope he comes back for selfish reasons...but for his sake....he would probably be safer and more content And remain faithful by going into his interior room until the denunciation has passed over.

Quote ..Because we don’t follow watchtower...no matter what others say....or try to infer on many of us here.

That is so funny. No more than a month ago I was talking with an Elder on the telephone and I asked him about his view on something. His reply was that he would have to go and do some research on it. I wanted HIS viewpoint, not the Org's viewpoint, but i do know that JWs are told not to give their own personal viewpoint on anything relating to the Bible or the Org.  (been there, done that)

People want so badly to be followers of men. “I don’t care what reasoning has been done or what counsel has been given. I want to know what you think.” 

Elders resist this because they are not trying to make their very own disciples. 

“For when one says, “I belong to Paul,” but another says, “I to A·polʹlos,” are you not acting like mere men? 5 What, then, is A·polʹlos? Yes, what is Paul? Ministers through whom you became believers, just as the Lord granted each one.  6 I planted, A·polʹlos watered, but God kept making it grow,  7 so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow.”

Well well well. A 22lbs produce pack from the USDA. Apparantly all non-profits received a large supply to distribute. I’m very grateful. Elders distributed to the congregation members. But will this become a—gasp!— ‘Go to Donald’ type of thing?

Now I really miss JTR! I would love to hear his input here. But he is doing penance for “chattering about us with wicked words.” He’ll get that cleaned up, and be back soon, perhaps.

92763E8B-A4A2-4D7A-97B4-C728DEF0FE7B.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.