The World News Media

....and like Forest Gump said "... and that's all I am going to say about that."

James Thomas Rook Jr.

22 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Because Jesus is the name given to people to get close to JHVH. Here we see another WTJWorg omission. They speaking about "friendship"  with JHVH, but "forget" to put Jesus in the center of searching. Because Jesus is The Way to Father.

Sad, but true.  They forget, because they "follow" another way - through false christs and the organization/elder body.  The "center of searching" in this photo is certainly not the face of Christ.  

GB.jpg

• Views 4.6k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope he doesn't change. I've enjoyed his brutal truth throughout the years.  Courage is not something that needs changing. I hope you are ok @James Thomas Rook Jr.  

In good times, and bad times, in times easy and times hard, I have relied on the JW-Archive as a sounding board for many things, and appreciate the forbearance when I have ranted and raved about all s

It seems like he saw a storm coming.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

It is wise to understand as to why this was spoken of regarding Abraham.

It certainly is. 

In Scripture this was noted several times.

It certainly was.

That is also true, but one should not be confusing both concepts.

I don't think anyone is.  

22 minutes ago, Witness said:

I don't think any is.  

Both references and the the like shows for it, granted what makes it confusion is the interaction of Sheba to Solomon, especially her comments towards him, which is practically God blessing him, and the fact she saw that God was the mastermind behind Solomon's wisdom and prosperity, we also see that regarding Solomon, it is in accordance with the promise. Would it not have made sense to had cited Deuteronomy 4:5-7? It does make a bit more sense, especially if you were to pass the information to the learner, whom would read and take on the conclusion of the concept of a chosen people rather than the latter. As for Jacob, Deut. 9:5 and Deut. 7:6, would also make sense. I also forgot, Malachi 1:2 is another one, regarding Jacob, going with your statement that fits perfectly.

As for the first citation it is right as I said because the marginals I can see pointing to such, not to mention the notations that are at it's company.

Quote @Space Merchant I haven't see anything from you concerning Biblical Unitarianism. If so, give some insight because I see nothing of the sort from you.

Please check out our website TruthOrTradition.com, which covers a variety of biblical topics and has an expanded Statement of Beliefs.

What is Our Relationship with The Body of Christ?

The Body of Christ is our family. Christians of every denomination are our brothers and sisters. We were each adopted into this family when we accepted Christ as our Lord. In Galatians 6:10, Christians are instructed to be “especially good to the household of faith,” and to do things particularly for “one another”—like bear one another’s burdens, be subject to one another, be devoted to one another, speak truth to one another, and love one another. We are also tasked with maintaining the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace. 

Is this any good for a starter ? 

On 5/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In good times, and bad times, in times easy and times hard, I have relied on the JW-Archive as a sounding board for many things, and appreciate the forbearance when I have ranted and raved about all sorts of things, even from the Librarian, who often deleted my posts, with cause.

I have come to the conclusion that logic and reason is not the end-all that I had aspired to, and that all things being considered, it would have been better for me to be "Brother Watchtower", than the man I have become.

I am 73 years old, and I probably do not have time to change .... realistically, but for 14 billion years I did not exist, and I don't remember it bothering me any.

My Wife Susan, and my sons and daughter will fulfill whatever unfulfilled dreams I had, as the stars I could reach ... were just starfish on the beach.

With whatever time I have left, it is going to be my life's challenge, so I bid each of you so long, and hope you stay closer to Jehovah than I did. 

....and like Forest Gump said "... and that's all I am going to say about that."

Goodby.

Sounds like 'I've got cancer and got a few days to live, so you all have fun playing stress games, I'm gonna kick back  and relax and fall asleep, and come what may it comes. In your honor I would like to end our relationship with.....

@4Jah2me Really..... Surely this is not the best you can do for I nearly mistook it as a joke, also this is the same thing John Butler pulled a while back, same with Screko, and somewhat of a worthy Christian history challenger - COS (who in turn set the wheels of debate and was the start of everything), So to you, 4Jah2me, close but no cigar. But the attempt..... Was quite elementary.

As with the very first statement ever made as I told Butler, I am a Biblical Unitarian, which is both fact and true, however, as pointed out, not ALL Unitarians are the same, for example, the notion of pre-existence and no belief in pre-existence  concerning Jesus (I suggest you check your link to that website, for you have a nasty habit of not looking at your sources clearly) and a list of other things such as textual criticism, excommunication, homosexuality, etc, more so, others, even the universal ones think otherwise. Reasons why I have mentioned that there are various forms of Unitarians, as pointed out in my first debate with Cos on this form regarding the history of the church and church fathers.

Moreover, as I also mentioned to Butler, I have an issue with INTERFAITH, even pointed out that some Unitarians are part of it, as for me, I am no part of Kairos, nor am I a part of the EII.

But I invite you, if you type in "interfaith" in the search, you will find most items pertaining to me:

image.png

Now, this below

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Please check out our website TruthOrTradition.com, which covers a variety of biblical topics and has an expanded Statement of Beliefs.

And what are you trying to prove with this point? I do invite you to try however.

Moreover, the other bit is a bit odd. Which is contradicting because from my history here, I take issue with misconceptions and other things, I do not try to promote unity of all faiths despite their is some common ground concerning God and or the Christ. There are

Let this sink in, one of my remarks about interfaith among a dozen:

On 11/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, Space Merchant said:

I hold a strong disdain for Interfaith because I did the research and I observed, I know who is the real threat here, clearly you do not.

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

Sounds like 'I've [JTR] got cancer and got a few days to live,

Matt always did have an ingratiating way with words. At least Witness expressed some honest concern.

Should he not be welcomed back into the community? His posts are only slightly less nasty than what forced his leave at the end of the year.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My Wife Susan, and my sons and daughter will fulfill whatever unfulfilled dreams I had, as the stars I could reach ... were just starfish on the beach.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, a few of JTR's recent posts had moved in this same direction, and I thought I'd share the entire song from which JTR referenced a couple of the lyrics. It struck me as too sad to respond immediately. Although I would not think it enough to draw any conclusions:

"Seasons In The Sun"
(originally by Jacques Brel)

Terry Jacks (performer)

Goodbye to you my trusted friend
We've known each other since we were nine or ten
Together we've climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and ABCs
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

Goodbye my friend, it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time

Goodbye papa, please pray for me
I was the black sheep of the family
You tried to teach me right from wrong
Too much wine and too much song
Wonder how I got along

Goodbye papa, it's hard to die
Little children everywhere
When you see them, I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons, have all gone

We had joy, we had fun

Goodbye Michelle, my little one
You gave me love and helped me find the sun
And every time that I was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on the ground

Goodbye Michelle, it's hard to die
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there

We had joy, we had fun
But the stars we could reach
Were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun
But the stars we could reach
Were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun

All our lives we had fun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time

We had joy, we had fun

20 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Maybe I have a thing for sappy endings, but I like to think it is one of those things where If you seek Jehovah, even if you have gone off track, seek righteousness, and seek meekness, then probably it will turn out just fine in the end.

I trust it will work out that way and I count it a good thing, even if a temporary loss here.

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Matt always did have an ingratiating way with words. At least Witness expressed some honest concern.

Should he not be welcomed back into the community? His posts are only slightly less nasty than what forced his leave at the end of the year.

Some of Rook's jokes are also humorous I also see his post not as binding to mixing things up. But yes, anyone is welcomed back, this goes for any forums or other media, but should things change, you'd have to adjust to these changes.

No sooner had I posted this:

On 5/24/2020 at 8:19 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Well well well. A 22lbs produce pack from the USDA. Apparantly all non-profits received a large supply to distribute. I’m very grateful. Elders distributed to the congregation members. But will this become a—gasp!— ‘Go to Donald’ type of thing?

than Witness posted this:

On 5/24/2020 at 9:39 AM, Witness said:

It is a very helpful link explaining the program.

Now, Witness never ever posts things just to be helpful. In every case, she posts to denigrate her rivals the GB and to assure all that she can do things better. So why does she post this helpful link here?

Everyone knows her m.o. She is in a panic that God’s organization might get credit for this generosity and she wants to make sure that they don’t. She wants to make clear that this is a GOVERNMENT program, NOT a JehovahsWitness program, and that people SHOULD NOT credit her rivals with generosity. 

Chill, you old battle axe, don’t worry about it. I plainly said that it was a USDA program for which I was grateful. USDA is government. Relax. I wasn’t giving your rivals the credit. I even said it represented a “Go to Donald” and I lament that JTR was no longer around, for I suspected that might get him going. The only credit I gave to the elders was for distributing the items.

But does this prompt distribution not show the value of organization, organization that she says ‘Who needs it?’ Why does the USDA do it this way—distribute to non-profits? Because they have a ton of aid to distribute and if they do it all at government facilities the lines will be two miles long. They also face the challenge of letting potential recipients know. So they distribute to non-profits, taking advantage of the communication and distribution channels that they know will exist there.

Will everyone agree here that NOBODY will do this more effectively than Jehovah’s Witnesses? There may be some to do it AS effectively, but nobody will beat them at it. Organizations where all members are known and readily found and where there exist messengers to deliver foodstuffs to each and every one of them cannot be an everyday thing.

My wife and I received a package Saturday around 2PM, after hearing reports of such a program that morning. I can well imagine that there were churches whose members learned of it Sunday morning at services, assuming that they happened to be there, and if they weren’t—too bad. It is not my aim to put them down—frankly I think we do far too much of putting church people down—It is only to point out that the attention of the JW organization to each member is not replicated everywhere. Even where the will exists, the means may not—you have to have volunteers to quickly distribute. There will be some outfits, I have no doubt, that are attentive to those in need and will connect promptly to bring aid. But it will not be universal, and in some cases It will break down completely since it was never built up.

It’s produce. It can’t sit around for days. It has to be handed out to each individual promptly. Members of the Witness community are broken down into service meeting groups, each under the oversight of one or more shepherds, who will know of any among them who is especially needy, and can therefore be prioritized. Apparently, there was plenty for all this time, but that may not always be so, and the elders will know how to best apportion. They are prepared to organize internal relief as was done in the 2nd chapter of Acts—coordinate members sharing with members—so that nobody is overlooked. In this case, the aid came from outside—a provision of Caesar (probably not replicated in too many countries)—and all there was to do was to distribute it promptly. I am very grateful to the government that is attentive to physical needs. Nonetheless, much of it would fall flat without proper expedition.

And Witness says ‘Who needs organization?’ Is she nuts? This is why you need it. This is where, not only it is needed, but you draw yourself as close to it as possible so there will be no question that you are a part of it. You become one of the embers that knows enough to pull toward the main fire so as to remain embers. You don’t pull away from the fire so that, in time, nobody, including yourself, really knows it you are an ember or not.

“Be sure to tune in to the WomanfromtheHills broadcast at 2 PM on Facebook for a discussion which will be the same as last week’s discussion—how my rivals are doing it all wrong and I can do better. Oh—and are you physically hungry? I think there is a government center somewhere in your area where they are handing out food. Get in queue. The line is only two hours in the sun. It may be that you will get some produce before it wilts and you can still be back in time to hear my address on how the Great Eight are good for nothing.”

TTH rabbits on worse that a squawking parrot. The Org does this the Org does that. Give it a rest Tom. 

Here in the UK we have 'Food Banks' making up food parcels and distributing to households. There is even a teacher that makes up 'school meal' parcels and delivers them to pupils homes. None of those people are JWs. 

There are probably millions of 'humanists' earthwide and here in UK  https://humanism.org.uk/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.