The World News Media

....and like Forest Gump said "... and that's all I am going to say about that."

James Thomas Rook Jr.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

She is in a panic that God’s organization might get credit for this generosity

Generosity?  True generosity would have been the opening of WT's money bags and allowing the congregation to help JWs as they see fit. Instead, they applied to be distributors of food provided for free, by the government.  Don't you see?  It wasn't generosity, but the organization's greedy act of protecting their OWN material interests.   (Matt 19:21; 2 Cor 9:9)

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Will everyone agree here that NOBODY will do this more effectively than Jehovah’s Witnesses? There may be some to do it AS effectively, but nobody will beat them at it.

5 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Here in the UK we have 'Food Banks' making up food parcels and distributing to households. There is even a teacher that makes up 'school meal' parcels and delivers them to pupils homes. None of those people are JWs. 

Food banks are all over the U.S., Tom.   They are nothing new and reach out to thousands on a regular basis, not just during a pandemic.  

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And Witness says ‘Who needs organization?’ Is she nuts? This is why you need it. 

Is Jesus nuts?  I have been watching "The Chosen".  They are dramas taking place in Jesus' day.  As 4Jah2me had pointed out, they are not accurate as far as scripture goes, but they have a message.  Here is one for you.  LISTEN to what Jesus tells the woman at the well.  If you put your faith in "organization", in a "mountain", and not in the Spirit of God, you show you have little faith.  Zech 4:6,7

• Views 4.5k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sincerely hope he doesn't change. I've enjoyed his brutal truth throughout the years.  Courage is not something that needs changing. I hope you are ok @James Thomas Rook Jr.  

In good times, and bad times, in times easy and times hard, I have relied on the JW-Archive as a sounding board for many things, and appreciate the forbearance when I have ranted and raved about all s

It seems like he saw a storm coming.

Posted Images

@TrueTomHarley It is ironic because the very sighting of the 503 (c) again reminds me of how the latter said otherwise in the past.

But someone who gives food to those in need are capable, people who are unable to and or not doing it, it does not mean they are negative, but some would think otherwise, for I recall, Jesus instruction was the focus, although the other things are nice as well, but one should not go off from what is commanded, something of which people tend to forget about.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, 4Jah2me said:

Quote ..Because we don’t follow watchtower...no matter what others say....or try to infer on many of us here.

That is so funny. No more than a month ago I was talking with an Elder on the telephone and I asked him about his view on something. His reply was that he would have to go and do some research on it. I wanted HIS viewpoint, not the Org's viewpoint, but i do know that JWs are told not to give their own personal viewpoint on anything relating to the Bible or the Org.  (been there, done that)

You make me sick...you have shown your real core to everyone here....a man puts up what could be his eulogy to all..and you post up something to promote your belief...you try to score a point....you are ruthless and cruel..and so are some others here....you have shown the whole forum what condition  your heart is...How about showing a little common decency..and some respect....you disgust me as a human..
Unbelievable!!!

22 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, a few of JTR's recent posts had moved in this same direction, and I thought I'd share the entire song from which JTR referenced a couple of the lyrics. It struck me as too sad to respond immediately. Although I would not think it enough to draw any conclusions:

"Seasons In The Sun"
(originally by Jacques Brel)

Terry Jacks (performer)

Goodbye to you my trusted friend
We've known each other since we were nine or ten
Together we've climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and ABCs
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

Goodbye my friend, it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time

Goodbye papa, please pray for me
I was the black sheep of the family
You tried to teach me right from wrong
Too much wine and too much song
Wonder how I got along

Goodbye papa, it's hard to die
Little children everywhere
When you see them, I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun
But the wine and the song
Like the seasons, have all gone

We had joy, we had fun

Goodbye Michelle, my little one
You gave me love and helped me find the sun
And every time that I was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on the ground

Goodbye Michelle, it's hard to die
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there

We had joy, we had fun
But the stars we could reach
Were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun
But the stars we could reach
Were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun

All our lives we had fun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time

We had joy, we had fun

Yes I knew where he got that from and the point wasn’t missed...too sad...and I hope I’m wrong....dam ..I hope I’m wrong...

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

But someone who gives food to those in need are capable, people who are unable to and or not doing it, it does not mean they are negative, but some would think otherwise,

Of course. The reason that you give money to a religious organization is that you believe in and want to further their work. You don’t give money thinking it is a rainy-day fund or an insurance policy. That’s what investments and insurance companies are for. Everyone knows this, even Witness. The reason she carries on as she does is that she does not like the religious work Witnesses do and would like to hinder it.

In fact, there is coordinated relief for disaster circumstances, but for the most part, it is Christians sharing with each other, same as was detailed a few times in the NT record—sometimes the organization facilitated or coordinated such relief.

This USDA program came into existence because crops are being wasted as restaurant supply lines are cut. Everyone in the US has heard such reports. So here is an effort to redirect foodstuffs and nonprofits help them realize their goal of distribution. On balance, Jehovah’s Witnesses contribute to the public till more than most—they don’t try to evade responsibilities—while drawing on it less. They certainly are a suitable candidate for the program.

• 2 months later...