The World News Media

Will JWs religious activity ever return to normal?

Kosonen

A week ago Donald Trump promised that he will restore normalcy to religious activity. But the Supreme Court has decided against it.

Here is an article about that:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/05/30/supreme-court-rules-5-4-to-uphold-pandemic-orders-limiting-church-services/

So, it looks dark for those who want to go back to normal. 

I start actually to think that the canceling of Jehovah's witnesses meetings in person and field service and cart service could in reality be a partial fulfillment  of prophecy in Daniel 11:30,31. 

“He will go back and hurl denunciations against the holy covenant and act effectively; and he will go back and will give attention to those leaving the holy covenant. 31 And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature“And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

The removal of the constant feature  could refer to the theocratic ministry conducted by Jehovah's witnesses that has been stopped in large scale due to Covid-19 related restrictions. 

Interesting that the Supreme Court continues to uphold restrictions against the will of  President Donald Trump. So it seems to become a long story with the potential to just get worse. 

Maybe they will only allow church services to get back to normal after they put in place in all places of worship the "disgusting thing that causes desolation"?

The disgusting thing  seems to be the same thing as the image of the beast described in the following way in Revelation 13:14: "while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.15  And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast."

This disgusting thing and the image of the beast seem to be a high-tech idol that will represent the beast that will be placed in places of worship. 

Yes things are just to get worse before they get better for the Jehovah's witnesses.

• Views 1k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will JWs religious activity ever return to normal? What normal? I think we are having a ball if we are honest! I have never had so much time for spiritual matters.....Prayer!.... Personal s

We in NewZeland as of today from 12 miday are returning to Lock down 4 as for new outbreak of COvid 19, we be in for a longer haul .The video meeting has increased atanded and from local and cross sec

Worship was restricted because of respect for life; this was enforced by the authorities, as they are the only ones who can enforce it.

33 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Not anytime soon. Hence, they will most likely commit to their activities within the confines of their homes and or if any of who they minster to allows them to visit.

The end is not here yet, so the gospel is still ongoing, for Jesus spoke about the Commission.

Not sure if you caught my reply, but my church has already opened its' doors for services yesterday. They never really stopped as they continued to provide charity through all this lockdown mess. And even with the lockdown, we still continued to minister.

2 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Not sure if you caught my reply, but my church has already opened its' doors for services yesterday. They never really stopped as they continued to provide charity through all this lockdown mess. And even with the lockdown, we still continued to minister.

No religious institution has ever stopped. Regardless, the people are the church, not the building.

That being said, people have been preaching the gospel still, including me, although I cannot go to Africa and the like or even my own country, but I connect with those I speak with. Likewise, with the children who look up to me and others, we are still in communication with them, and by means of example they apply and they teach.

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2020 at 6:40 PM, JJJ-AUSTRALIA said:

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

It seems that instructions are given here on how to discover the truth with a simple method. 

Look, wait and when enough time has passed the prophecy will be fulfilled or will not be fulfilled. So, when someone preaches “the end is near” or “the end is far,” don’t believe it. :)) 

When members of churches preaching "the end is near", "we are living in final part of last days" that is good because we, who live now have good chance to see how their "prophecy" falls, collapses .... again.  

There is rumour of a second 'lock down' here in UK, coming in September. I don't know if it will happen and if it does happen i don't know if people will stick to it. Could be more protests and chaos. 

Slightly off topic here but following on from @Srecko Sostar:- 

As for 'end times', i admit to getting worried about it all. All of us have to remember that 'the time of the end' is not a JW 'invention', so whether we are in, out, thinking about, the Org, we must all remember that what we should be concentrating on is God's written Word, not the CCJW.  Jesus told his disciples to 'Keep on the watch' and God's written word recorded that. But by keeping on the watch we can see what a huge mess the 'world' is in, so change is needed one way or another.. 

Back to topic :-

I hope that God, through Christ, completely changes the CCJW. I hope the 'normal' that the Org has known for so long is removed and replaced by much better things. I would love to be part of a clean organisation that was serving God, through Christ, properly. Maybe this virus / lock down time would be a wonderful time to re-evaluate the structure of the CCJW and the Watchtower Soc. We have seen how Russia took everything materially from the Org. So maybe the Org needs to downshift completely earthwide, if the 'end' is so near. I'm sure if Almighty God and Jesus Christ want to bring in changes, then changes will happen. IMO the 'normal' will be gone, just as the Jewish religious system was gone. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Jesus told his disciples to 'Keep on the watch' and God's written word recorded that.

"Keep on the watch" is the best advice, for so many things (everything) in the people's life. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

So maybe the Org needs to downshift completely earthwide, if the 'end' is so near.

In the past WTJWorg said how time will come when "preaching" will be stopped, just before Armageddon. But it was never said, as i can recall, how Covid 19 or similar "unconscious" cause/condition (wars, famines, earthquakes, etc.) would do that.

Soon Jehovah will decide to stop the preaching of the good news and “the end” will come. (Matthew 24:14) - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015149

Of course, WT publish company using word "soon" so often and for few things about "the end" of the World, for decades, almost for whole century and half, in fact. Well, we have almost dubious situation about claim how GB/FDS in WTJWorg is God's Spoke Person here on Earth who is sole "channel" in warning people to "keep on watch", as they claim.

But this sort of "keep on watch" is/was inside WTJWorg interpretations what this Jesus' words supposedly have to mean and when meaning of this words is at "right place" and in "right time". And they (GB) failed so many times. If GB is only spoke person for god on earth, than this mean how JHVH decision about moment when "preaching will stop" shall come from GB. But they not sending such direct message. Mass sale of real estate can be sort of "message"in that direction, but can be "announcement"  for something else too. Title of WT article down/below and WTJWorg moves are significant in current events about CSA.

Love People, Not Money and Possessions

Secret 1

Love People, Not Money and Possessions

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH? “The love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things.”—1 Timothy 6:10. - https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20101101/Love-People-Not-Money-and-Possessions/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.