The World News Media

Furuli's new book: Is any of it right? Useful? Like Franz?

JW Insider

14 hours ago, Witness said:

Thank you. 

"honorable titles for important people" - the meaning of "faithful and discreet slave" has become very important to JWs.  Without them, who would supply them, "food at the proper time"?

"recognized for their contributions and the like." - "We also need to appreciate Jehovah’s provision of “the faithful and discreet slave,” the body of spirit-anointed Christians through whom he provides spiritual food for the household of faith. (Matt. 24:45)"  be study 22 pp. 153-156 -

"These Benefactors are the types to take a lead among the people" - "They recognize, however, that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth."w10 9/15 pp. 25-29 -

"it should not be confused those among the Christ, to mimic as if they are and or align themselves with world rulers."   The GB are entrenched in politics, they practice the opposite of  Jesus taught.  He never said to his followers to use the system to gain selfish advantage to promote their empire. No, these men are not "among the Christ".  I'm sorry to say, that these blind men would not consider you as such, as well.

The scripture is a perfect application of the dual rulership in the WT.

And yet nothing here brands them as benefactors, hence my previous response on the difference between a benefactor who leads vs. a member among the Christ who leads.

And quote:

19 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The term is associated with honorable titles for important people, for instance, a Prince, for these people are recognized for their contributions and the like. These Benefactors are the types to take a lead among the people, however, it should not be confused those among the Christ, to mimic as if they are and or align themselves with world rulers. Faithful servants of the Lord are the opposite.

As of what is seen, you've added your own exegesis, granted, if someone were to read your citation in full, it is counted against you. You've done this before, but it seems you continue to go down that route.

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first thread started on this topic, and the topic has already garnered hundreds of responses. But it hasn't dealt much with Rolf Furuli's own theme. His real topic is about how the JW religion is

Okay, JWI has posted a new topic. I don’t want to catch any of you saying irrelevant things. I don’t want 4Jah talking about CSA. I don’t want Allen talking about Zondervan. I can post some of my vaca

I hate to say it, but you are quite right on this one. I knew that these time periods were always subject to change any time something better comes along. And I was actually very surprised we held ont

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.